Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

mik_da_man wrote: »
    If it's the shop i'm thinking of it's a bit more difficult to make the money then they make out.
    You need to do a lot of parties and ideally have your own transport to make the money. It also depends quite a lot on how many other people are doing the same in the area...

I may be wrong on what job it is though....

She said the shop was 'AS' and the job involves parties....it's fairly obvious that Ann has a lot do to with it and that it is the kind of party that no man should become involved with :D:D

You seem to be talking like you have done this job mik, something you wish to share with us :P lol

Good luck with the job if you take it Vinta!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Tis the shop! I'll have plenty of training, I get to go to 2 parties with my mentor, but I still haven't accepted it! Still iffy on it, would of preferred to work in store :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ah i didn't see the as bit!
    But i know a good bit about them. A couple of my friends have done it and none made the money they thought they would.
    Vinta send me a pm if ya want some more info.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Still iffy on it, would of preferred to work in store :(

Don't do anything you are not comfortable with. No chance of getting an in store job no ??

kingtut wrote: »
    Don't do anything you are not comfortable with. No chance of getting an in store job no ??

don't think so. I might try bar work again, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Slightly late but happy birthday tira! :-DSounds like you had fun with the lads that night :-P lucky girl! If its a guys b-day he gets a pint and some peanuts nd tahts about it xD i still havent received any italian hug from you! :-o xD but you get a free irish one since its your b-day *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

magicianz wrote: »
    Slightly late but happy birthday tira! :-DSounds like you had fun with the lads that night :-P lucky girl! If its a guys b-day he gets a pint and some peanuts nd tahts about it xD i still havent received any italian hug from you! :-o xD but you get a free irish one since its your b-day *hugs*

Awww...guy, too kind!
    I was lucky on my bday night, really...I casually met one of my students and his housemate and they just took me to this fancy place...I was like :-O
    LOL So nice of them!
    I love pints and peanuts too, anyway ^_^
    *megaHUG*

On my birthday I usually get a birthday card posted to me by parents with some money inside and whatever I decide to buy myself as a birthday treat :)

fab-a-dab-a-dooby

Lol my parents just take me to town nd i pick sumtin out xD the easy way :-P i havent been at a party in ages xD me need party :-D

Lol my parents just take me to town nd i pick sumtin out xD the easy way :-P i havent been at a party in ages xD me need party :-D

Yup. Easiest thing to do! Mum just takes me shopping, great excuse for more shoes and dresses! Made a serious dent in French Connection last year lol.

• Advertisement

Lol god so much talk of dresses atm xD 5 in the last few hours xP seriously i dont get why girls are so into clothes :-P the nice guys wud prefer 2 c ya in comfy clothes rather than the latest fashion trends xD but if ur not looking for nice guys then 4 get what i said :-P shoes i can understand cause i have found sum of the most comfortable :-P

Lol god so much talk of dresses atm xD 5 in the last few hours xP seriously i dont get why girls are so into clothes :-P the nice guys wud prefer 2 c ya in comfy clothes rather than the latest fashion trends xD but if ur not looking for nice guys then 4 get what i said :-P shoes i can understand cause i have found sum of the most comfortable :-P

Who said anything about the latest fashion trends? I'm probably the only girl I know who cannot stand UGG boots :eek: I don't dress to impress guys, I dress to suit my tastes and standards.

But, don't get me started on shoes! Shoes >>>> life.

Hey slightly off topic and no offence meant, but would you mind using less "smiley faces" none of them are working and it's making your posts hard to read.

I like the smileis...lol
    I use a lot of them too :P
    ^_^
    (don't hate me, Mik...you are my bowling Guru! :-*)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Who said anything about the latest fashion trends? I'm probably the only girl I know who cannot stand UGG boots :eek: I don't dress to impress guys, I dress to suit my tastes and standards.

But, don't get me started on shoes! Shoes >>>> life.

Ugg boots are pretty lame even though i have a pair i only wore once.

I had a pair a few years back, but some girls wear them with everything/everywhere. They got dirty pretty fast as well :(

Yeah and the cheap one's look too cheap.the toe of them looks all sunken and weird.

Haha vinta i think im in love xP dont like them at all! Nd sry mik, im on the boards mobile and i always us excessive amounts of smilies! Which also explains my bad spelling on this :-P didnt mean to imply u dressed like tht r anything vinta, i just started ranting mid post :-P

It's ok....

I know miss shadow, if you're gonna get UGGs get the real deal not the pennys-you-can-only-wear-them-once crap lol.

Since I moved to Cork ( just over 2 years ago) I never see my parents unless I head home (far far away - a 4 hour drive) and certainly never on my birthday :(
    I don't dress to impress guys, I dress to suit my tastes and standards.

That is my attitude also! If someone doesn't like what I look like or what I'm wearing then that is their tough. I'm not changing for anyone :) take me or leave me, that's me :)
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hey slightly off topic and no offence meant, but would you mind using less "smiley faces" none of them are working and it's making your posts hard to read.

:eek: what :mad: part :o of :) his :rolleyes: post ;) was :( so :D hard :cool: to :p read :pac: ?

Ye they suck big time!! even worse when girls shove their trouser legs down them and it looks like a big lump of eughhhh!!

• Advertisement

Eurgh, I must start getting ready to go to the pub, so late and I'm only just about to have dinner buggar.

I must start getting ready to go to the pub

checks mobile - no invite from Vinta. damn :(

kingtut wrote: »
    checks mobile - no invite from Vinta. damn :(

Maybe next time bucko..

Ugh tennis..... *collapses* cud do with an ice cold pint right about now xD

It's ok....

I know miss shadow, if you're gonna get UGGs get the real deal not the pennys-you-can-only-wear-them-once crap lol.

I was listening to these three girls who were walking into the city, the one in the middle had a average sized rear end and had ugg boots on,the other two had pumps on and one said 'i so think ugg boots give girls a saggy huge ass,yuk' and they other two including the ugg boot girl agreed??..she was wearing uggs..therefore she agrees she has a big saggy backside?
    Hahaha talk about sucking up!

So you go around looking at girls arses?
    Fair play :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was listening to these three girls who were walking into the city, the one in the middle had a average sized rear end and had ugg boots on,the other two had pumps on and one said 'i so think ugg boots give girls a saggy huge ass,yuk' and they other two including the ugg boot girl agreed??..she was wearing uggs..therefore she agrees she has a big saggy backside?
    Hahaha talk about sucking up!

They're not too bad except when coupled with the saggy grey sweat pants. So many girls around UCC walk around with those, a hoodie, hair pulled into a pony tail and then immaculate make-up? Like, if you're going to spend twenty minutes on your make up could you not put on some jeans or something?

As opposite I do like UGGs (can't afford the real ones but it wouldn't make so much sense anyway)...I was SO glad when I saw 8 euros fakes in Penneys! In Italy even the fakes are expensive (we're snob like that :\)...I try to keep my black ones in decent conditions (shoes can be cleaned and manteined! :eek:) and LOVE them for how confortable they are...
    I do like the relaxed irish style as well (even if...tons of make-up on a 16 yo face is a HUGE nono!).

I saw charco in merchants quey.i was stalking him :-D:-D:-D

• Advertisement

I saw charco in merchants quey.i was stalking him :-D:-D:-D
    OhOh!
    LOL
    (way to go, girl! :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement