Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I dont mind essays, Im actually quite good at them, I actually get given out to for my manipulation of the english language! I just leave them to the last minute which results in nights like this!

If I get my 2.2 Ill be off at the start of September I say, havent gotten my official dates yet. Have to complete 2 weeks placement before then as well, dunno how Im going to fit it all in!
    Ah September, sure that a good bit away yet :P

I wouldn't mind essays either if it in a subject I'm passionate about. Makes it much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Ah September, sure that a good bit away yet :P

I wouldn't mind essays either if it in a subject I'm passionate about. Makes it much easier!

Thought you were getting rid of me earlier?!? 'Fraid not, yere all stuck with me for another while yet!

I usually love paediatrics, one of my favourite subjects in college, just this essay is really heavy on journals and prior research. I understand the reason for the essay i.e the more aware we are about lower socioeconomics groups and their hardships the better we can understand the children we teach etc. but Im a compasionate person already, I dont need an essay to tell me that!

Thought you were getting rid of me earlier?!? 'Fraid not, yere all stuck with me for another while yet!

I usually love paediatrics, one of my favourite subjects in college, just this essay is really heavy on journals and prior research. I understand the reason for the essay i.e the more aware we are about lower socioeconomics groups and their hardships the better we can understand the children we teach etc. but Im a compasionate person already, I dont need an essay to tell me that!
    haha yeah, seemed to have it in my head you were leaving soon. Plenty more boards beers so before then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Ya a few people seem to think Ill be finishing my exams and disappearing. Think its becasue of the irish system, you usually interview in November then start in Jan. Even work were like when are you leaving us?? The place is going to fall apart without you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

colblimp wrote: »
    Austria? Surely you mean Canada?! ;) Don't be so modest, you were at the Olympics, weren't you? :D

rofl. I did set several new records - fastest time between standing up and falling over, most consecutive falls etc.

we did see the olympic runs in austria - they're scary. I really don't know how they do it.
    webmonkey wrote:
    Thailand flights booked for a lovely price of 600 euro

nice! holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Lucky you!

Me? Im tired and cranky and trying to complete this: The health of children is strongly related to their socioeconomic circumstances....Discuss evidence for this statement in the context of developed countries and include some recommendations for Ireland.

Do this without writing an essay on poverty, and do not forgot about the poverty and focus on the health!

Any takers?

*and some people think all I do is make pictures with glitter and learn nursery rhymes!
    i had to do something like this in my health and research subject. you could always talk about obesity rates in children in Ireland... how poverty relates to high calorie, high processed foods etc and therefore children from lower income families will be (more often than not) eating worse and how this contributes to over weight and obese children. It also has a lot to do with socioeconomic factors... as in is it part of the childs natural routine in schools or creches or at home to be fit and active or do they live in a place where they have to get a bus or walk to school or do their parents drop them off early coz they have to be in work... so do they get a healthy breakfast? there is a load on how poverty and socioeconomic status contributes to childrens healthiness and diet... and for how you would apply it you could talk about the governments ban on vending machines in schools and their initatives on healthy eating and exercise in schools... they have loads! and how you could teach about healthy foods and bring in some exercise in the school?? or something like that... Anyway its just an idea. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Welcome back deRanged!
    Thailand flights booked for a lovely price of 600 euro :D

Oooo for how long? My Las Vegas flights and hotel are booked for 7 nights, €700 total :D

kingtut wrote: »
    Welcome back deRanged!

thanks!
    I've an excessively long blog post here if anyone wants info on the trip.
    My Las Vegas flights and hotel are booked for 7 nights, €700 total :D

nice!
    I've been eyeing up a conference there in July. there's no way I can afford to go, but it would be great to get back there again.

deRanged wrote: »
    nice! holiday?

Yep a holiday! Going for 10 days, the lads going for 14. However, I must be in Munich for a week before going so I decided just to fly straight from Munich. CIT pay for my flights to there and back. I'm sneaky :p
    kingtut wrote: »
    Welcome back deRanged!
    Oooo for how long? My Las Vegas flights and hotel are booked for 7 nights, €700 total :D

10 Dyas, nice. Las Vegas :D - love go there. But probably need lots money there! Where I'm going, It's about 3 euro for a 4 course meal and 10 euro for a 1 hour taxi =) - Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

home sweet home

• Advertisement

shakencat wrote: »
    home sweet home
    Welcome back. How was the trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ruby723

I need to speed up time so I can get over all these in my heart.

10 Dyas, nice. Las Vegas :D - love go there. But probably need lots money there! Where I'm going, It's about 3 euro for a 4 course meal and 10 euro for a 1 hour taxi =) - Can't wait.

Las Vegas is this good?! Pefect holiday place. Might end up marry someone there too. lol

ruby723 wrote: »
    Las Vegas is this good?! Pefect holiday place. Might end up marry someone there too. lol
    Nope that's thailand :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Welcome back. How was the trip?
    berlin is odd..
    hahaha:)

glad to be home.

stil wrecked though,

how are we al =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

oh, thats a bad idea :eek: I have a few horror stories around that topic (no personal experience btw!) suffice to say certain "goods" cannt be returned to the shop if they dont meet expectations :pac:

u can get married at Thailand in one day too? have to make it is really a girl or man first. :D

shakencat wrote: »
    berlin is odd..
    hahaha:)

glad to be home.

stil wrecked though,

how are we al =]

Yeah, you'd need a holiday at home after a holiday to recover :p - I'm good, messing with crap here. Prefer it things were going more smoothly!
    corkcomp wrote: »
    oh, thats a bad idea :eek: I have a few horror stories around that topic (no personal experience btw!) suffice to say certain "goods" cannt be returned to the shop if they dont meet expectations :pac:

hahha I'm well aware of what can happen out there :p

corkcomp wrote: »

sure not lol

• Advertisement

u can get married at Thailand in one day too? have to make it is really a girl or man first. :D

I know I know! haha

can't wait for webmonkey's post thailand trip report :D

can't wait for webmonkey's post thailand trip report :D
    :) yeah, hopefully it be a good one :D

:) yeah, hopefully it be a good one :D

lol. it's your duty now to make sure you have adequate adventures while there.

I know I know! haha

when will be the trip report? haha
    Make sure u got some really cute "girl" pictures

They have cute girls there? :P ;)

• Advertisement

They have cute girls there? :P ;)

of course they have. and you should speak to them all. and if you find a nice friendly one, just get pics after. make sure to include the adams apple area for our general speculation and laughter afterwards.

of course they have. and you should speak to them all. and if you find a nice friendly one, just get pics after. make sure to include the adams apple area for our general speculation and laughter afterwards.
    haha I can't mention Thailand without the lady boys being mentioned. I'll be careful don't worry :P

I told mother going to Thailand and she said, sure people only go there for the girls :( - Theres more to do there too :p

haha I can't mention Thailand without the lady boys being mentioned. I'll be careful don't worry :P

I told mother going to Thailand and she said, sure people only go there for the girls :( - Theres more to do there too :p

yea. beach sea or really really massage..:D

Hmm, lets change subject.. :p

ok. what we can talk about. I need to post 25 to get full function here. lol

• Advertisement

ok. what we can talk about. I need to post 25 to get full function here. lol
    You mean you need 25 to be able to PM :p

why? are you getting nervous? :)

what's with the all the handball talk btw?

Shhh don't mention handball!

You mean you need 25 to be able to PM :p

Oh... yea. BTW, where u study?

Oh... yea. BTW, where u study?
    How you know I'm studying :pac: - I am though....CIT

How you know I'm studying :pac: - I am though....CIT

G you wrote it on your profile... :pac:

I am in UCC.

I am in UCC.

ah good on you. that's where I am.

G you wrote it on your profile... :pac:

I am in UCC.

Oh yeah :p. Well know you know :D - what you doing in UCC?

What's wrong with CIT :P

how could u guys reply so fast?

I'm the worst by far for replying too quickly!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah :p. Well know you know :D - what you doing in UCC?

Ph.D in Microelectronic engineering.

who said there is something wrong with CIT?! :pac:

I'm the worst by far for replying too quickly!

if u r the worst, what I am going to be?

Ph.D in Microelectronic engineering.

who said there is something wrong with CIT?! :pac:

Oh that sounds good, fair play. Ah only messing with the CIT thing :p

i don'y know how to mess with CIT. give me a tip

hehe. I'm not going there :)

ruby723 wrote:
    lots of practise :)

I'll be moving outside the Campus soon anyways to our new building...can't wait :)

yea. practise will do the trick. I haven't using bbs boards for 3 years.

yea. practise will do the trick. I haven't using bbs boards for 3 years.
    You've reached your 25 posts congrats :pac:

I'll be moving outside the Campus soon anyways to our new building...can't wait :)

oh really? where's that?
    hope your new building doesn't flood!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Freezing today:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement