Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I remember just spending nights out the back with the lads till like 4 or 5 in the morning and just staring up at the sky during the summer...It was quite beautifull. Definitely going to move to the countryside wherever i end up living(Hopefully Bavaria :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

kingtut wrote: »
    I love food and I'm fat :o
    You're welcome :) Ye I just had crumbed chicken with a carrot and parsnip mash :) food!!
    you are not fat! and *drool* food..... :)
    RoverJames wrote: »
    The countryside scares the ****e out of me at night to be honest. Riddled with banshees and whatnot , city for me despite the scum element :)
    I can't believe there are people that still believe in banshees... if you ever are in the countryside and hear a loud female shrieking noise... thats a female fox... not a banshee!! :) but ya countrysides can be scary at night... I mean i'm terrified of the dark and would never go to look at the stars on my own!!

Oh yeah, gorgeous, very good menu, I had monkfish yesterday, 'twas beautiful, there is a €20 3 course menu too so value to be had. I would also recommend Zaks on Marlboro street, lovely spot as well.
    I was there once, thought it was quite expensive for what you got but the food was nice, they even had chim churri with the steak, I was very impressed!!

I had the nut brownie, HEAVEN!
    sounds like my kind of place!! :D:D i must try it sometime...

nursemar88 wrote: »
    you are not fat! and *drool* food..... :)

I can't believe there are people that still believe in banshees... if you ever are in the countryside and hear a loud female shrieking noise... thats a female fox... not a banshee!! :) but ya countrysides can be scary at night... I mean i'm terrified of the dark and would never go to look at the stars on my own!!

Or two people indulging in the devils work at the crossroads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Oh yeah, gorgeous, very good menu, I had monkfish yesterday, 'twas beautiful, there is a €20 3 course menu too so value to be had. I would also recommend Zaks on Marlboro street, lovely spot as well.

€20 for a 3 course?! sounds good, is it an early bird or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

but ya countrysides can be scary at night... I mean i'm terrified of the dark and would never go to look at the stars on my own!!

its can be creepy down at my grannies. there is an old country lane between my grannies house and uncles house with fields for cows on either side....they follow you on the other side of the hedge...and what makes it creepy is, when the sun went down, there would be no cows in the field...plus at the end of the lane is a derelict farm house which creeps the f*** out of me at night

rofl! or that! :D

sounds like my kind of place!! :D:D i must try it sometime...

Might not be the best place for the dinner on Thursday but sure we will see what the others who voted want.... sure I'd always go with you.
    you are not fat! *drool*..... :)

Had to read this a second time to get it :D:o glad I did though ha!

Early bird indeed, but 1 to 7pm on a Sunday, some of the main courses on the early bird menu are €17 on the normal menu, choice of 2 or 3 starters and then an ice cream cup or something else for desert.

The early bird menu in Zaks in unreal value, starter (good choice), main course (I think the steak option is a bit dearer) and any desert (brownie in Zaks is savage too) for €20 ish. Would have gone to Zaks yesterday only I wanted a fish dish and Market Lane have a good selection of fish dinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

stevexo wrote: »
    its can be creepy down at my grannies. there is an old country lane between my grannies house and uncles house with fields for cows on either side....they follow you on the other side of the hedge...and what makes it creepy is, when the sun went down, there would be no cows in the field...plus at the end of the lane is a derelict farm house which creeps the f*** out of me at night

that sounds a bit like my place except the lane is meant to be a road, but its more of a lane tbh:( even for someone who is not easily scared, there no way I would walk around here after dark :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

pfft. townies the lot of ye! :p

corkcomp wrote: »
    that sounds a bit like my place except the lane is meant to be a road, but its more of a lane tbh:( even for someone who is not easily scared, there no way I would walk around here after dark :eek:
    ya our 'lane' is suppose to be road too! :) and i am easily scared!

Early bird indeed, but 1 to 7pm on a Sunday, some of the main courses on the early bird menu are €17 on the normal menu, choice of 2 or 3 starters and then an ice cream cup or something else for desert.

The early bird menu in Zaks in unreal value, starter (good choice), main course (I think the steak option is a bit dearer) and any desert (brownie in Zaks is savage too) for €20 ish. Would have gone to Zaks yesterday only I wanted a fish dish and Market Lane have a good selection of fish dinners.

ah our boards dinner is not until 8.30 / 9 sure 7 is far too early to be having dinner ha ha

where is Zaks?

where is Zaks?

Marlboro Street, just off Patrick Street, by Porters newsagent.

deRanged wrote: »
    ya im really not a townie!! middle of nowhereville was where i grew up... with grass growing down the middle of the lane and only 3 neighbours within a mile radious and that was it! where sping involved the 4 fiekds around my house and a lot of slurry!! where summer meant making tea and sandwiches for the guys harvesting and making bales... and then the fun of jumping from bale to bale.. ah memories...:)

deRanged wrote: »

lol, I hate being called a townie, to me a townie is some muck savage living in a town, not a thorough bred city person :D

ya im really not a townie!! middle of nowhereville was where i grew up... with grass growing down the middle of the lane and only 3 neighbours within a mile radious and that was it! where sping involved the 4 fiekds around my house and a lot of slurry!! where summer meant making tea and sandwiches for the guys harvesting and making bales... and then the fun of jumping from bale to bale.. ah memories...:)

yeah what she said! except I dont make sandwiches and there's no grass growing on our road with ages now since more houses popping up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

and a one two three four

Hello :), all the culchies living in Cork seem to have gone to bed to dream of the good ole days :D

Hello :), all the culchies living in Cork seem to have gone to bed to dream of the good ole days :D
    i remember them days.

but im in dublin.

haha

• Advertisement

Not on early shift tomorrow I take it ?

half two til ten

then early shift wed =[

a late followed by a early, bummer, must go to to land of snooze myself shortly, I love a good snooze :)

I couldn't sleep properly last night and now I am really really tired and at my desk with a full day's work ahead of me. Ugh!

I couldn't sleep properly last night and now I am really really tired and at my desk with a full day's work ahead of me. Ugh!

cheer up:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hi People

Weird stuff happening here at the wrong time.... :(

On the plus side I'm wide awake

Are you still finishing up there soon ?

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hi People

Weird stuff happening here at the wrong time.... :(

On the plus side I'm wide awake

how so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Project stuff :(

• Advertisement

morning y'all

only Tuesday and workload is ridiculous, and some people are so stupid. end of rant. I had to get that off my chest :P

on the plus side, looks like a nice day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

morning!

thought I had a meeting this morning, turns out I didn't so I could have stayed longer in the pool. oh well - there's always tomorrow.

Found it very hard to leave my cosy bed this morning, made it in for 9.15, not too bad.

i just checked my bank account,
    silly car and life insurance got taken out,
    broke again.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Yo dawgs, what's the shizzle?

Hello Ms Aspiringtobeayankgangstab1tchtype :)
    All good with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hello Ms Aspiringtobeayankgangstab1tchtype :)
    All good with me.

Hahaha! Shift over!! Ta-da! Will have proper chats tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Anyone got a good joke - I'm down in the dumps... :(

colblimp wrote: »
    i don't have a joke but i have a pictures that might interest you...

i don't have a joke but i have a pictures that might interest you...

Ha, that's great! Ta very much! :D

Ha, that's great! Ta very much! :D
    you're very welcome! :D

• Advertisement

you're very welcome! :D

Do you do children's parties, weddings and funerals, too?!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

i generally get a good laugh out of this site:

http://explosm.net/comics

Do you do children's parties, weddings and funerals, too?!:P
    ah no!!! and who gets a comedian to a funeral??!! sounds like something my brother would do tho... he wants his funeral song to be Staying Alive by the Bee Gees! :D
    stevexo wrote: »
    i generally get a good laugh out of this site:

http://explosm.net/comics
    if you like this then you'll might like this site too... altho its a bit geeky and stuff at times... i love it! and the rollover at the bottom of the comic is always hilarious!
    http://www.smbc-comics.com/#comic

Off to the French film festival in a few mins...won tickets on 96fm this mornin...I ended up having spares but im guessing its too late to offer to people now.

Kingtut just won two tickets on RedFM :) and his name was called out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

What did you win tickets too?

oooohhh what for?? and i totally bags the second ticket!!! :D

mudokon wrote: »
    What did you win tickets too?

The cinema.
    oooohhh what for?? and i totally bags the second ticket!!! :D

Wow that was quick! Consider it yours :) only problem is you have to go with me as the tickets are in my name.

Not sure if I can go yet as it is on on Wednesday 10th in Mahon point at 6.30 (and I have boot camp) but the movie is called "I love you Philipp Morris" and Jim Carrey plays a conman in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Nice, I thought it might have been for the French film fest same as Papa Lazarou.

Wow that was quick! Consider it yours :) only problem is you have to go with me as the tickets are in my name.

Not sure if I can go yet as it is on on Wednesday 10th in Mahon point at 6.30 (and I have boot camp) but the movie is called "I love you Philipp Morris" and Jim Carrey plays a conman in it.
    yay!! :D:D count me in anyways...I'm free for that date!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement