Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Jaysus its dead in here today! hello to all... back to the land of computers and internet after a week... i was seriously starting to develop withdrawl symptoms!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Dead in here indeed, ah well life goes on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

How was last night guys? Sorry I couldnt make it was working today! Any stories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Okay so the cork city forum now has a facebook group (all thanks go to webmonkey for the idea) which is for anyone who has been to a meetup!! We can use it to share all our photos and so on.

The group is private and therefore only members will see the photos and messages.

Search facebook for Cork City Outings or pm me if you want an invite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

kingtut wrote: »
    Okay so the cork city forum now has a facebook group (all thanks go to webmonkey for the idea) which is for anyone who has been to a meetup!! We can use it to share all our photos and so on.

The group is private and therefore only members will see the photos and messages.

Search facebook for Cork City Outings or pm me if you want an invite.

Good idea but damn you for making me use facebook again. :p

great idea! i'm already joined! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

nursemar88 wrote: »
    great idea! i'm already joined! :D
    aye tis good, and this way you can look up the members and see who looks like what before meeting them again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

stevexo wrote: »
    aye tis good, and this way you can look up the members and see who looks like what before meeting them again :D
    That's actually true haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Havent slept yet....have an essay due in at 3 p.m and Ive about another 5000 words to go. Im on 9000 at the moment! Damn lecturers not giving us a word cap!

• Advertisement

do you really want to hurt me...

do you really want to make me crrryyyy

:pac::pac:

shakencat wrote: »
    do you really want to hurt me...

do you really want to make me crrryyyy

:pac::pac:
    Got 3 emails from boards saying reply on thread. You were the replier on all 3 :P

Nice pic in tLL by the way :)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Got 3 emails from boards saying reply on thread. You were the replier on all 3 :P

sure im catching up!

just wish was drinking!

not typing! om om

+ 1 million zillion :D Savage :o

stop that:o

sure im catching up!

just wish was drinking!

not typing! om om

Yeah me too. I will be drinking tonight though! - Prefer not to be though as I've a hard week this week :(

You can drink and type though...it think it's great fun.
    RoverJames wrote: »
    + 1 million zillion :D Savage :o

haha true :p

stop that:o

I'm a bit peeved you didn't let us know about the pic though, only for the Webmonkey I would never have known :eek:

hahha apologies,

i should have announced it.

hahha apologies,

haha :pac:

So what's it like in Dublin? - Fine day down here in Cork

haha :pac:

So what's it like in Dublin? - Fine day down here in Cork

ah was rainin earlier when i took the doggies out =[

tis cleared up now!!

but wet out.

EW! hahaha!

thunder?

• Advertisement

Lovely in Cork indeed, I'm down in my new job (old job if you like) enjoying a beautiful view of Cork Harbour.

*sigh*....

*sigh*....

What has you sighing Nursey ?

seriously that guy is like 12 and singing about love!!! :eek: but thanks...:)
    What has you sighing Nursey ?
    ok so i know this will sound stupid but sometimes i really miss my family, even tho they are only in Tipp. My brothers and my niece visited me this afternoon which was really nice but then they obviously had to go back home... so now i'm sitting here all lonely. It's just a pity coz its such a lovely day and if i was at home i would just do something with one of my family... :(

seriously that guy is like 12 and singing about love!!! :eek: but thanks...:)

JEALOUSY!

Hahaha:P

ok so i know this will sound stupid but sometimes i really miss my family, even tho they are only in Tipp. My brothers and my niece visited me this afternoon which was really nice but then they obviously had to go back home... so now i'm sitting here all lonely. It's just a pity coz its such a lovely day and if i was at home i would just do something with one of my family... :(

Doesn't sound silly at all, I'm the same when away. I'm delighted to be back home now again. Years ago when I worked in dublin I used to finish at 7am after a few night shifts and drive home. I can remember one morning getting back at about 10am absolutely shattered, off into bed after saying hello to the folks (my Mum had Cancer at the time) and being happy out. It's one of my happiest memories to be honest.

JEALOUSY!

Hahaha:P
    Ya you're right... I'm so jealous... of his prepubescent girly singing voice! that boy can sing higher notes than me! :D:D
    Doesn't sound silly at all, I'm the same when away. I'm delighted to be back home now again. Years ago when I worked in dublin I used to finish at 7am after a few night shifts and drive home. I can remember one morning getting back at about 10am absolutely shattered, off into bed after saying hello to the folks (my Mum had Cancer at the time) and being happy out. It's one of my happiest memories to be honest.
    well at least I know I'm not on my own. :) I'm just lonely at the moment and feeling sorry for myself. I always said i would leave Ireland to work abroad but the more i think about it, the more i think i would miss my family too much!

weird reading what you guys are saying,

when all i want to do is get the heck out of this country

• Advertisement

I'd be the same nursemar88 if I didn't go home much. I go home every weekend without fail. Nice to see them.

shakencat, not fond of Ireland so? :p - Where you want to go?

stalker :D must check it out myself cheers!...
    hahha apologies,

You are finally learning ;)
    *sigh*....

:( *hugs*

aww I get like that all the time :) go out and have some fun!! tonight preferably ;)
    well at least I know I'm not on my own. :) I'm just lonely at the moment and feeling sorry for myself. I always said i would leave Ireland to work abroad but the more i think about it, the more i think i would miss my family too much!

and you would miss everyone in this forum too right? :(

anywhere in particular?

let me joing already, the suspense is killing me :(

:D

oh @ webmonkey, did you hear about the petrol station in rathmore being robbed of fags..they went in through the roof!took the tiles off...(must be builders)
    one of the girls i work with was offered fags a few days later from some polish dudes..very suspic :pac::pac::pac:

You sent a request 3 mins ago!! :eek: lol I'll accept now but be nice! :mad: :pac:

Dont get me wrong i have always wanted to leave this country and always thought it was easy as that... but i think i might miss my family a lot...
    I'd be the same nursemar88 if I didn't go home much. I go home every weekend without fail. Nice to see them.
    ya i'm going hone thurs thank god so i'll get to see them then. i think just my brothers visit today really hit home how much i would miss them if i left the country!
    kingtut wrote: »
    :( *hugs*

aww I get like that all the time :) go out and have some fun!! tonight preferably ;)

and you would miss everyone in this forum too right? :(
    Thanks :) I'll think about it...;) and ya sure i'd miss the chats and the fun...

:D

oh @ webmonkey, did you hear about the petrol station in rathmore being robbed of fags..they went in through the roof!took the tiles off...(must be builders)
    one of the girls i work with was offered fags a few days later from some polish dudes..very suspic :pac::pac::pac:

Wow you serious? - that must be Hickey's centra so.

Hope to God my brother had nothing do with it...he's easily lead with things like that!
    ya i'm going hone thurs thank god so i'll get to see them then. i think just my brothers visit today really hit home how much i would miss them if i left the country!

Aw :) You home sick :) - Thursday won't be long coming anyways. Is that the same brother as we met that time in Quad/Brog? - he was gas.

• Advertisement

Aw :) You home sick :) - Thursday won't be long coming anyways. Is that the same brother as we met that time in Quad/Brog? - he was gas.
    that was him alright...plus my other brother and his daughter... they are both great craic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

fcuking ditto :)

I only go home to milk cows which means my folks desert the place for the weekend...

Although i was kinda sorry i didn't go home this weekend.

@ NurseMar

Sure you're only a baby... the homesickness will get better when you're all growed up :pac::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

fcuking ditto :)

I only go home to milk cows which means my folks desert the place for the weekend...

I can think of one or two ways to make sure you dont get landed with that job again :eek::pac:

@shakencat - looking good as always :D:D

Sure you're only a baby... the homesickness will get better when you're all growed up :pac::P
    Feck off you! :)

to catch up on you all!!

aus i think..
    hittin it in sept.

meant to be usa last year.. and mates cancelled.

so i want to go somewhere this year.

just need to find people i can actualy rely on!

• Advertisement

3.95 for a pint of bulmers or anything else! im in cheap heaven

when i was younger (i sound old)

redz... two euro a drink!!!

where's redz when he's at home?

it takes me a few weeks to decide whether to go home or not!once i'm there i'm bored ****less. This wknd i plan to go away somewhere and relax ;-) work is so demanding i worked all wknd sunday 8pm to 12am only to b up at 6am for another 9hr shift,woke up during the night didn't know where i was or who was beside me and thought i was in a hospital bed!kinda freaked me out.don't think my brain rested ;(

wheres €3.95? my local is €3.75 for a pint of budweiser:D

just sittin in clancys on princes st

just sittin in clancys on princes st

man thats defo one of the cheapest pints in Cork city:)

mon to thurs after5pm and all day sunday. quite good

What a night...

so its someones birthday soon kingtut :D do i smell beer?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement