Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Why was there no money in my account today :(

A lousy 90 quid

I may EAT the VEC

Nom Nom Nom

When i cjecked my account today i had an extra 300 quid on top of my pay :D
    Last part of my college grant came through

money%20large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Thank you for that :(

*cries in corner*

Thank you for that :(

*cries in corner*

Sure id give ya some but your'e living so far away like :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Sure id give ya some but your'e living so far away like :p

I can collect on purple lemons behalf and drop it to her, for a nominal fee of say 30%?

corkcomp wrote: »
    I can collect on purple lemons behalf and drop it to her, for a nominal fee of say 30%?

Well im on the way into the pearl river to collect some food so we can meet half way :p

• Advertisement

Gimme :D

Just seems to be gettin worse for ya Webmonkey. Current predictions is that the weather will keep the ashcloud over Europe for the next week(Wednesday at the earliest)

Cork airport is possibly opening at 1pm tomorrow but once again no point if no planes can actually make it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Ya its awful...my sister is a bridesmaid in a wedding next friday but shes currently in the bahamas and shes gonna miss her flight back. And my dads brother is suppose to be getting married in Las Vegas next Tuesday and was suppose to be flying out yesterday but that's obviously not happening now...It's pretty sh1t!

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ya its awful...my sister is a bridesmaid in a wedding next friday but shes currently in the bahamas and shes gonna miss her flight back. And my dads brother is suppose to be getting married in Las Vegas next Tuesday and was suppose to be flying out yesterday but that's obviously not happening now...It's pretty sh1t!

If it continues its gonna cause some serious damage. Even just thinking of people who just went away for weekends or anything and didnt bring much money with them...just left stranded broke now.

Or as you said yourself weddings where people are going to lose thousands on pre-booked stuff. Horrible horrible stuff.

I can see airlines shedding jobs if it continues aswell.....the money they must be losing and the fact that they are going to be re-scheduling for most people.

If it continues its gonna cause some serious damage. Even just thinking of people who just went away for weekends or anything and didnt bring much money with them...just left stranded broke now.

Or as you said yourself weddings where people are going to lose thousands on pre-booked stuff. Horrible horrible stuff.

I can see airlines shedding jobs if it continues aswell.....the money they must be losing and the fact that they are going to be re-scheduling for most people.
    ya its just seriously gonna affect people pretty badly. i just hope this volcano doesnt go on for as long as it did the last time it striked... two years i think.

• Advertisement

ya its just seriously gonna affect people pretty badly. i just hope this volcano doesnt go on for as long as it did the last time it striked... two years i think.

Also rumours that theres chances its sister volcano may go in the future which i dont even what to think the consequences would be like.

They are saying the cloud may become visible from the ground in two days as it begins to get more dense. Its just getting mad now....

Also rumours that theres chances its sister volcano may go in the future which i dont even what to think the consequences would be like.

They are saying the cloud may become visible from the ground in two days as it begins to get more dense. Its just getting mad now....
    ya i know pretty crazy stuff!! i really hope it at least eases off for a while for people to get home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I think I'll run out of money next week some stage. Gas being stuck here. Ah could be worse I guess.

This could go on for months. KLM are testing planes flying through it now so maybe they'll see what the actual affects are.

Lets hope the sister volcano doesn't erupt. If that happens we could be looking years, and prob change our climate, world we see it today. Scary how vulnerable we are to mother nature!

Happy 18th of April people (",)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I think I'll run out of money next week some stage. Gas being stuck here. Ah could be worse I guess.

This could go on for months. KLM are testing planes flying through it now so maybe they'll see what the actual affects are.

Lets hope the sister volcano doesn't erupt. If that happens we could be looking years, and prob change our climate, world we see it today. Scary how vulnerable we are to mother nature!

If you do actually run out of money just give me a PM and i can sort you out if you want. Was abroad without money once--albeit only a day but it wouldn't be a great thing to happen.

If you do actually run out of money just give me a PM and i can sort you out if you want. Was abroad without money once--albeit only a day but it wouldn't be a great thing to happen.
    Ah cheers man! - I'll prob be ok, the parents transfer money next week if I'm stuck :)

Looking at news this morning it seems that things haven't changed much. Home earliest at Thursday now. KLM and German Airlines ran test flights and they saw no damage to aircraft but I really wouldn't fancy chancing it. KLM want to get a lift on ban to fly again...chancers!

I really feel for you Bubbles, must be so hard being stuck. Heres to hoping you get home soon anyway...

*gives Bubbles a penguin*

:D

I really feel for you Bubbles, must be so hard being stuck. Heres to hoping you get home soon anyway...

*gives Bubbles a penguin*

:D
    Thanks, you're very kind :D

Ah its grand, I checked into my new hotel today, 4 nights for 155 euro so aint all that bad and this has WiFi! though I still in internet cafe, I arrived too early for checkin so room not ready.

Now in beautiful Nurnberg Germany where the skys are nice and blue. Quite warm here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

haha dayyysent

not only do you get the week off work but you're in germany lapping it up ;););) , are you there on you're own or are you're mates with ya?

wouldn't it be mad if this volcano thing lasted a year,you'd have to drive and get a ferry from france.lol. or you could stay abroad..not too bad afterall eh

ha yeah, at least a week of work now I'd say. Its boring though as I flew from Thailand on my own and my friends went 2 days before me so they just got in on time.

I really pissed off I couldn't have been stuck in Thailand...I'm sick of Germany. Even though if I got stuck in Dubai connecting flight i'd go mad...don't feel comfortable there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

doin test flights over Ireland tonight so maybe good news soon......

imageworks wrote: »
    doin test flights over Ireland tonight so maybe good news soon......
    I'm not so confident with these test flights. It only takes 1 in 20,000 flights to go down to be a disaster, 10 or 20 odd test flights isn't very re assuring!

We'll see how things work out anyways. Im bored out of my m ind

:(

Ah it will be ok :D

Its just a pity that I don't have friends here or anything. I was returning on my own from holiday. The other 4 friends got home 2 days earlier than me, lucky!

ul just hav 2 mak gud use of that wifi then and everyone here will keep u company! :D we can set up a roster system to mind ya!

ah ha yeah :p - my WiFi is very poor though unfort. Same as last hotel :(

Boards always there when I need it

ah ha yeah :p - my WiFi is very poor though unfort. Same as last hotel :(

Boards always there when I need it

Aren't you supposed to be going back to Munich next week?

Sure ya might as well just stay on :P

Aren't you supposed to be going back to Munich next week?

Sure ya might as well just stay on :P
    The week after yep! Actually, in Nurnberg, the place I go is only about 10 miles away! I don't want to be stuck here until then though :(

All channels on TV are german too and not one News channel. Not impressed!

The week after yep! Actually, in Nurnberg, the place I go is only about 10 miles away! I don't want to be stuck here until then though :(

All channels on TV are german too and not one News channel. Not impressed!
    Hey i meant to ask you... are you keeping all your receipts from the hotels and food and drink and stuff??? just coz you will be enititled to some refund from the airline... i'm guessing you know that already but just in case you didn't!

• Advertisement

Hey i meant to ask you... are you keeping all your receipts from the hotels and food and drink and stuff??? just coz you will be enititled to some refund from the airline... i'm guessing you know that already but just in case you didn't!
    I half knew it, only started today. Most my money gone last week and this weekend haha. I'm going call back to hotel in Munich tomorrow to try get updated receipt, one they gave me wasw just for first night or 2.

I bet it will take forever to claim back the money tho :(

I half knew it, only started today. Most my money gone last week and this weekend haha. I'm going call back to hotel in Munich tomorrow to try get updated receipt, one they gave me wasw just for first night or 2.

I bet it will take forever to claim back the money tho :(
    No according to consumer rights people i heard today that once you have all your receipts and post it to them they have to at least reply to you within 10 days or something. and ya definately go back to the hotel in Munich becoz you are entitled to a full receipt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

did you get my schnitzels yet?hey you could post it..see if it get's here faster than you to get back :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

did you get my schnitzels yet?hey you could post it..

most of the post travels by aircraft though, so that's messed up too.

That's good to hear, I'm surprised though, didn't think the airline would be coughing up due to a volcano erupting.

Thanks nurse. I'm going to hang on as many as possible and see what happens after. I got a train ticket (50 euro each way) to stay here as the hotels have risen price dramatically in Munich as some match finals on or something. I hope I can claim them back too!

Fine day here in Nurnberg but I'm going stay in hotel room. I feel very unproductive...I should do something!

• Advertisement

you should get out and see the sights man:)

@Mudokon - saw your post in cinema thread re problems with boards @ work.. damn iron port firewall on the blink .. no resolution in sight:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

@Mudokon - saw your post in cinema thread re problems with boards @ work.. damn iron port firewall on the blink .. no resolution in sight:(

It's been like it for ages, Hope it gets sorted soon as I'm in danger of becoming productive.

mudokon wrote: »
    It's been like it for ages, Hope it gets sorted soon as I'm in danger of becoming productive.

facebook isnt working properly either... I dont think they are in any rush fixing it due to the nature of the sites in trouble:rolleyes::p proxy ftw lol

Thanks nurse. I'm going to hang on as many as possible and see what happens after. I got a train ticket (50 euro each way) to stay here as the hotels have risen price dramatically in Munich as some match finals on or something. I hope I can claim them back too!

Fine day here in Nurnberg but I'm going stay in hotel room. I feel very unproductive...I should do something!
    ya sure keep everything and claim for everything...that way whatever you get is a bonus. here these might be useful:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theafternoonshow/2010/0415/consumerrightscancelledflightsandclosedairports904.html
    http://www.aviationreg.ie/Delay/Default.210.html

ok so im booked in to get my hair done at Jeff Devines in Wilton at 2. Please no one tell me that they are awful coz i will cry... i'm very strange about my hair! i hate getting my hair cut... i literally always cry after!

• Advertisement

ok so im booked in to get my hair done at Jeff Devines in Wilton at 2. Please no one tell me that they are awful coz i will cry... i'm very strange about my hair! i hate getting my hair cut... i literally always cry after!

I think its supposed to be alright. He's very strict with his staff from what i hear. I use to work in the cafe place across from it and nearly every day i was there he would be bringing staff on these little walks around the place discussing the job and all that with them.

Childcare Exam at 2, Lola aint very erm, sober.

Fun times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi everyone!

Thanks Nurse again :D

Hotel emailed me back saying they could only fax. I'll call into them before I leave.

Hows everyone today

i am so fricking annoyed... i went over for my appointment and turns out the guy had quoted me the wrong price on the phone... apparently to get what i want done its like an extra 40 euro...so it would cost altogether 170 euro to get my hair done! :mad::mad: no bloody way....does any of the girls know of a good hairdresser in c ork that isnt gonna charge a fortune... the other place i got recommended was 150 euro. :mad:

bloody hell, thats extortionate.. do they not know we are in a recession:rolleyes:

Hi Kingtut. Cant multiquote due to a stupid IT problem:(

Hope the exam goes well purple lemons:)

i am so fricking annoyed... i went over for my appointment and turns out the guy had quoted me the wrong price on the phone... apparently to get what i want done its like an extra 40 euro...so it would cost altogether 170 euro to get my hair done! :mad::mad: no bloody way....does any of the girls know of a good hairdresser in c ork that isnt gonna charge a fortune... the other place i got recommended was 150 euro. :mad:

small place near the fas offices in town...gorgeous by wyatt....its called...really nice staff...totally listen and spend time askin what u want and advising u! fantastic prices too! i got half head hilites and cut 4 60 2 months ago! Its really unusual in there too! they gave me wine and one of the customers that was friends wit em ordered a piza and shared it round! music on..wine..piza...n nice hair..what more do u want?!

not open n mondays tho!!

imageworks wrote: »
    small place near the fas offices in town...gorgeous by wyatt....its called...really nice staff...totally listen and spend time askin what u want and advising u! fantastic prices too! i got half head hilites and cut 4 60 2 months ago! Its really unusual in there too! they gave me wine and one of the customers that was friends wit em ordered a piza and shared it round! music on..wine..piza...n nice hair..what more do u want?!

not open n mondays tho!!

do they do mens hair as well by any chance?:p:pac:

do they do mens hair as well by any chance?:p:pac:
    Go in as a lady boy. It be worth it for the pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Cassie the cat got run over outside my parent's house on Friday night :(

same thing happened to her brother about 6 months ago :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement