Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's always on the evil Northside ^_^ (that I like)...it's after the train station...I'd have loved to stay near Shandon (my fave place in town) but the house is nice, I live with just 2 other ppl, the rent is good and the room is big with nice furniture...so...I'll have to take some walks to see Shandon again.
    Were do you live, yourself?
    That's nice, your place sounds nice. Ah the north side, I've lot friends from there :) and I was in a ward full of old guys from north side. I swear to god, the funniest people I've ever come across. I laughed so much, they kept me entertained!

I myself, I'm just off barrack st, you ever hear of Nancy Spains? - well just round the corner from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Ok...since we don't have a rant-vent thread here, this thread will do.

Friday night and I am at home, doing (or trying to do) my students' homework, chewing on full of freaking artificial colourants berries candies, choosing just the red ones cause the black ones are too bloody sweet, obviously bad news on TV, nobody loves me or if they do it's for a pair of days to leave me confused and hurted after that...and they never come one at time, none notice me for months and then they start to come around all together, so they can make me more confused when they leave, and I am so stupid that I am obviously interested mostly in the less suitable person...but then again...wouldn't make so much difference cause they leave anyway...
    Ohhhhh well!
    Don't mind at me, I just needed to let this go....awwww.

That's a lot for anyone to deal with! I know how it feels, I'm pretty sure we all do around here.

*hugs*

And at least your new housemates seem "cleaner" than your old ones! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Webmonkey wrote: »
    That's nice, your place sounds nice. Ah the north side, I've lot friends from there :) and I was in a ward full of old guys from north side. I swear to god, the funniest people I've ever come across. I laughed so much, they kept me entertained!

I myself, I'm just off barrack st, you ever hear of Nancy Spains? - well just round the corner from there :)

i agree about some of the northside men, they are Funny old gits.... were u working or a patient?

all_smilz wrote:
    i agree about some of the northside men, they are Funny old gits.... were u working or a patient?
    Patient unfort. I've never met nicer people in my life though, those nurses are lovely, both in the A&E and the wards and the student nurses as well.... hard job for them thrown into deep end in 1st year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I consider myself a bit of an "adopted northsider"...lol
    I remember the first time I was in Cork (I think...5 years ago)...I was going up to St. Anne (it's on every touristic guide) and I thought "I'd want to live here for a while, in this part of the city, I even love the name of it...Shandon"...I had no idea I'd end up here! LOL
    Soooo...yay the NorthSide! :D

I know Barrack Street...I hate it when I have to up the hill but it's a nice road full of pubs (too bad many closed down :\), well done! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Patient unfort. I've never met nicer people in my life though, those nurses are lovely, both in the A&E and the wards and the student nurses as well.... hard job for them thrown into deep end in 1st year!

oh poor first years, i've seen a lot of them lately. Its kind of a state of blissful ignorance cos they dont know HOW much they dont know.... (I'm a newly qualified nurse) i empathise with them though because i've a lot of new responsibility and its equally scary. Its good to see that you seemed to have a positive (if u know what i mean) experience of hospital care. Too many people do NOT realise how tough a work environment it is to work in.

all_smilz wrote: »
    oh poor first years, i've seen a lot of them lately. Its kind of a state of blissful ignorance cos they dont know HOW much they dont know.... (I'm a newly qualified nurse) i empathise with them though because i've a lot of new responsibility and its equally scary. Its good to see that you seemed to have a positive (if u know what i mean) experience of hospital care. Too many people do NOT realise how tough a work environment it is to work in.
    Yeah I can imagine it is very difficult and especially dealing with old people as they can be quite cranky and demanding. They are given responsibility of checking blood pressure and checking pupils etc also but I could see some didn't have much of a clue (kept my hand in air during taking it instead of relaxing it). They probably should be thought a bit first. However, I have a lot of respect for them and I know it must be a really difficult job and especially when it is just thrown at you at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I saw a fella today who appeared to have slight alopecia but he seemed to have solved the problem by tattooing the word eire on his forehead and others on the top of his head.it made my day what a muppet!! A few months back i was skipping past the bus station and saw this guy dressed in army gear and had the nazi sign smacked on his head doing the splits over the rubbish bin!hilarious.

U mean a real tattoo? :-0

I don't think you'd be finding these free in any kids mag. ...

• Advertisement

OMGosh!
    And I thought I was strange!
    LOL :D

Have you not seen anyone like this? Tbh it sends shivers down my spine!

I have a few tattoos and I saw many of them but....tattoos ond the face...naaaah! Just in magazines and pics.
    It's quite...I dunno...a bit creepy to me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I don't think you'd be finding these free in any kids mag. ...

It's more likely Henna. *Sorry to ruin the more Dramatic story!!!*

Wow, I a real fcukin thread assassin aren't I!!!

Nah. I'd elaborate as to why, but I'm sure nobody wants to hear that.

Many would like to hear, nobody wanna tell ^_^

Could be the fact I posted an hour and a half after everyone stopped!!!!

Whatever, so something random. I shot a 4 inch group of 9 rounds at 200 meters a few days ago. One bastard child of satan decided to put itself a foot out of place!!!

Many would like to hear, nobody wanna tell ^_^

Oh I'll tell you some things that'd surprise ya....:eek:

Minidazzler, would booze help the situation?

CommieBaz wrote: »

Minidazzler, would booze help the situation?

Well, actually no, when shooting being drunk or otherwise inebriated doesn't help at all, unlike with most other things in life.

The 4 inch group is good BTW!!

• Advertisement

Things that I actually dunno? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Watched a 'mock the week' re-run a few days ago....a guy impregnated KT tunstall from 12 ft.... Now THAT is impressive! :-P as for your stray shot mini, he was just trying to be different :-o

magicianz wrote: »
    Watched a 'mock the week' re-run a few days ago....a guy impregnated KT tunstall from 12 ft.... Now THAT is impressive! :-P as for your stray shot mini, he was just trying to be different :-o

Ya, I don't like different!!! That bollix!!! My fault though, my eye's were getting tired!!!

Things that I actually dunno? :(

Maybe. I'm just full of surprises like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

ray! is that you?

come on home nooooooW!!!!

Maybe. I'm just full of surprises like that.

I hear theres sum nice rooms in the clarion you 2 lol :-P

Ok, after Mini ruined MissShadow's story...here is mine:

yesterday night I came downstairs to make myself a cup of peppermint tea before going to sleep, was quite late, round one, I'd say...I switched TV on "for 5 minutes"...this movie was on: "Up at the Villa"

Well, I ddin't make to watch even the first half of it (despite I love history and like historical films)...but...this is what I saw during the first 25 minutes:

This place I went to school and to worked next to:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/federico_scala/3201185575/
    These lanes I walked all my life:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kjmniemi/126556059/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pensiero/76863721/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/michelevannucchi/232264149/
    This villa:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanofi/2670053199/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanofi/2653415462/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanofi/2657488315/
    with this fountain:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8681018@N03/640460470/
    this church:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/angie_real/2279315108/
    THIS CITY:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/al3ss1a/2903905429/

The movie made me nostalgic, a bit...but overall...it made me so proud.

(TY to the ppl who took the beautiful beautiful pics)

spaceball.gif

Those pics just remind me how bad Ireland's architecture looks in comparison...

Lol commie u remind me of my dad :-P always says irelands architecture is rubbish xD gotta agree with him lol we have some shockingly bad crap xD

• Advertisement

Is not that...is just Florence that is wonderful :D...it's more like a feeling than a place (especially for me, coming from there, obviously)

Night guys...hugs ^_^

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement