Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

nursemar88 wrote: »
    i feel sooo sick for some reason....:(
    Not again :( - Hope you be okay. I'm not feeling good myself. Pain stomach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Not again :( - Hope you be okay. I'm not feeling good myself. Pain stomach :(
    ya its my stomach too...sick feeling.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

monday mondaaaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

10 hours sleep and cold & flu medicine, feeling much better now :D

stevexo wrote: »

haha id say so!

konked out to thw world in cold sweat!

• Advertisement

shakencat wrote: »
    haha id say so!

konked out to thw world in cold sweat!
    defo, now i have 15 mins to shower and get ready before leaving for work. hopefully the water has heated up wnough in the past 15 mins :/

defo, now i have 15 mins to shower and get ready before leaving for work. hopefully the water has heated up wnough in the past 15 mins :/

when does it ever heat on time?

bar on a sunday when your not arsed to get up off the couch to actually get in.. until tis bout an hour since you switched it on haha

when does it ever heat on time?

bar on a sunday when your not arsed to get up off the couch to actually get in.. until tis bout an hour since you switched it on haha

its supposed to heat around 5/6am but that never works. cant change it otherwise, on some weird system for the building, can easily switch it on for 2 hour periods though...but not when its supposed to be heating at 5/6

monday mondaaaay

Morning nutty lady :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Ahh.. Electric showers ftw. :p

Morning everyone! Hope you're all well! Another day another dollar as they say! ;)

• Advertisement

Long weekend looming :D
    Match tonight on TV and tomorrow :)

so sick.....:(:(

How you manage be sick again :( - thats unlucky.

Get well soon

Awh get well soon Nursey, think I've a cold coming on myself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

RoverJames wrote: »
    Long weekend looming :D
    Match tonight on TV and tomorrow :)

I forgot about the long weekend, Only 2 days work next week. :D
    NoDice wrote: »
    Ahh.. Electric showers ftw. :p

Morning everyone! Hope you're all well! Another day another dollar as they say! ;)

+1 on electric showers. No dollar for me today, the work week doesnt start till tomorrow.
    so sick.....:(:(

Get well soon. Must be a bug going round. I've had a cough for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

definately a bout of illness going around:( Im waiting for dentist and cant get appt until 6pm on Friday:eek:

How you manage be sick again :( - thats unlucky.

Get well soon
    Awh get well soon Nursey, think I've a cold coming on myself. :(
    mudokon wrote: »

thanks lads... i must have a sh1te immune system... last week it was the flu but now i have a vomiting bug... unlucky is right! :(

Oh that sucks :( Unlucky alright to get two doses

I've an awful pain today, not sure if its stress/tension now or not.

WFT !!! somebody stole the about_thebewbs username:mad::mad::(???? I presume its not you Johanna??? :confused: see post 4 in leeside macra thread

corkcomp wrote: »
    definately a bout of illness going around:( Im waiting for dentist and cant get appt until 6pm on Friday:eek:
    you can numb the pain with drinks on friday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Get well soon nursey! xx

and the other 3 boards people who are currently in hospital (well I think 2 of them may have been released in the last day or two...)

you can numb the pain with drinks on friday night!

hopefully! dunno how likely that is though.. going to dentist Friday evening .. have a huge hole in a tooth and it must be infected, the pain is radiating everywhere:mad:

thanks lads... i must have a sh1te immune system... last week it was the flu but now i have a vomiting bug... unlucky is right! :(

Dose hun! Know how that feels! Lots of crackers so soak it up, helped me but not sure if it's good advice or not. You can be the guinea pig judge. :):p Joking of course. Hope you do feel better soon.

Man, this day is dragging. I want to go home. NOW! :mad: :(:(

Man, this day is dragging. I want to go home. NOW! :mad: :(:(

Ok I give you permission to go home...NOT! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

hopefully! dunno how likely that is though.. going to dentist Friday evening .. have a huge hole in a tooth and it must be infected, the pain is radiating everywhere:mad:

This may be a bit of relief to you as when i had my two day long tootache the other night no painkillers or anything would work. Just try sucking in cold air onto it or swish around really cold water in your mouth. It was an absolute life saver for me. Or get some clover oil from the pharmacy...will work for like half a day and then the tooth just seems to become immune to it :p(beware use too much and it will burn the shít out of your mouth)

kingtut wrote: »
    Ok I give you permission to go home...NOT! :D

That wasn't very nice. I think a time out is in order for you. Punk. :mad:

Not too long to go now. Just got a lovely peach yoghurt with seeds in it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

WFT !!! somebody stole the about_thebewbs username:mad::mad::(???? I presume its not you Johanna??? :confused: see post 4 in leeside macra thread

I saw that as well, I figured you had decided to risk the threat of violence.:pac:

I saw that as well, I figured you had decided to risk the threat of violence.:pac:

I like to live dangerously, but not THAT dangerously lol:pac:
    This may be a bit of relief to you as when i had my two day long tootache the other night no painkillers or anything would work. Just try sucking in cold air onto it or swish around really cold water in your mouth. It was an absolute life saver for me. Or get some clover oil from the pharmacy...will work for like half a day and then the tooth just seems to become immune to it :p(beware use too much and it will burn the shít out of your mouth)

I just got some filling stuff in the chemist and plugged the hole! its a lot better already but its some messy sh1t:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 allbout_bewbs

I just got some filling stuff in the chemist and plugged the hole! its a lot better already but its some messy sh1t:rolleyes::D

hole plugging sounds fun tell me more :o

• Advertisement

hole plugging sounds fun tell me more :o

identify yourself I tell ya:P (Pm me your true identity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Or 18 and had emergency surgery to have your appendix out :cool:

19 now :cool:

Doctor said I can go back to my course on Tuesday :)

Just wondering, my prescription painkillers, I shold finish them this evening I had to take 2 three times daily but i only actually took them when i felt i needed too so i have about 10 left, is it okay to use them after today when i get sore?

Just wondering, my prescription painkillers, I shold finish them this evening I had to take 2 three times daily but i only actually took them when i felt i needed too so i have about 10 left, is it okay to use them after today when i get sore?

No-one on hear can give you medical advice so I recommend asking your doctor.

How does it feel to be 19?

That wasn't very nice. I think a time out is in order for you. Punk. :mad:

You can punish me if you want :p;)

You can punish me if you want :p;)

You're so bold Mr Tut! Lol.

Man just got out of a ridiculously boring training session and I just can't wake up again. I did that thing where I kept closing my eyes etc and suddenly I jerked awake so everyone noticed! lol.

No-one on hear can give you medical advice so I recommend asking your doctor.

How does it feel to be 19?

I was hoing Nurse could advise me lol

It feels crap! Missed going to the lapdancing club for my birthday so it just really sucked, at least im saving money though :)

Oxegen here i come :D:D:D

• Advertisement

It feels crap! Missed going to the lapdancing club for my birthday so it just really sucked, at least im saving money though :)

Maybe she can....

I have only had to take tablets once and it said to keep taking them (at the rate shown on the instructions) until they were all gone. Something to do with you thinking you might be better but not being etc...

Anyway that is what I was told :) but like I say don't know what other people do...my first time in a hosp was about 2 years ago :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

is it okay to use them after today when i get sore?

No - they expire.

There's a rumour that the drug companies only say they expire because they want you to buy more, and that they'd be fine, but I wouldn't take the chance myself.

Besides, if I'm in enough pain to need pills, I'm going to see a doctor...

Something to do with you thinking you might be better but not being etc...

That's just with anti-biotics. Obviously if you think the pain is gone and it ain't - have another pill :)

Hey Lemons! How're ya? Happy belated birthday! Lapdancing? Don't you've a boyfriend??? Confused! :o Dose you missed it though. Hope you're well!

That's just with anti-biotics. Obviously if you think the pain is gone and it ain't - have another pill :)

+1, as long as you dont exceed stated dose..

No - they expire.

There's a rumour that the drug companies only say they expire because they want you to buy more, and that they'd be fine, but I wouldn't take the chance myself.

Besides, if I'm in enough pain to need pills, I'm going to see a doctor...

I mean to use them over the next few days if im in pain, they'd hardly expire in a weeks time?

• Advertisement

Hey Lemons! How're ya? Happy belated birthday! Lapdancing? Don't you've a boyfriend??? Confused! :o Dose you missed it though. Hope you're well!

Im okay thanks :) Yeah I have a boyfriend, it was a girls night out though, saved me about 100 yoyo anyways, how have you been?

Im okay thanks :) Yeah I have a boyfriend, it was a girls night out though, saved me about 100 yoyo anyways, how have you been?

Good girl, back from hols and as dark as a .. tanned person... :rolleyes::o

Dose that you're sick again! Plus if they're anti-biotics I'm pretty sure you should finish the course, otherwise all the good work you've put in will all be undone!

Good girl, back from hols and as dark as a .. tanned person... :rolleyes::o

Dose that you're sick again! Plus if they're anti-biotics I'm pretty sure you should finish the course, otherwise all the good work you've put in will all be undone!

No im taking all my anti-biotics, i'll finish that coure, it's just that i dont need the painkillers all the time.

ok so after surgery people get a prescription for like 10 days but as you said there was no point in taking them if you didnt have pain. So yes its fine to take them when you get sore... (obviously dont take them all together!) As a matter of interest are you still having lots of pain? how many days after the surgery are you?

ok so after surgery people get a prescription for like 10 days but as you said there was no point in taking them if you didnt have pain. So yes its fine to take them when you get sore... (obviously dont take them all together!) As a matter of interest are you still having lots of pain? how many days after the surgery are you?

Surgery Thursday eveningat like 8, they wanted to discharge me Friday morning but I genuinely wasn't able to head home so came home Saturday morning so 6 days after surgery now.

The pain varies, sometimes it's really dreadful and others it's as though im nearl fully recovered, like yesterday afternoon i felt realy good, so i chanced going for a spin, but i was home in bed by 10 crying myself to sleep in pain.

Surgery Thursday eveningat like 8, they wanted to discharge me Friday morning but I genuinely wasn't able to head home so came home Saturday morning so 6 days after surgery now.

The pain varies, sometimes it's really dreadful and others it's as though im nearl fully recovered, like yesterday afternoon i felt realy good, so i chanced going for a spin, but i was home in bed by 10 crying myself to sleep in pain.
    ok well you seem to be doing good but just dont overdo it either...like its great to be getting up and moving but dont chance doing too much... i say become friends with your tv and garden for a couple of days... and just take the painkillers when you feel that bad but if it is really that severe then you need to go to your doctors to get something stronger. And definately if the pain is that bad come thurs or fri then go to your doctor... it shouldn't be so severe a week after the surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

I'm really sorry guys....think this mite be my fault!! Had bad throat n chest infection last week (only got d antibiotics thurs) n then was out wit ye fri nite!!!!! Its like 'Outbreak'
    :o:( sorry!!!

I've a sore throat too. Jees we a right bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

I've a sore throat too. Jees we a right bunch.

Another one? O no.... god i feel really bad now!! :o:( Sorry again guys!

While we are all moaning....I have a sore thumb...:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement