Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Webmonkey wrote: »
    haha thanks. Ah it be okay. Surely won't last another 7 days (did before :p)

Your current employer is getting you back now for your imminent departure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Anything good on the ol' box tonight i wonder?

just had a dino's..does anyone else think there is something funky about their ketchup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Now we all know it's not nice to name names...

However I am led to believe that a certain person thinks that I've been sending them "abusive comments" and the like, I'd just prefer if said person could aproach me about it, rather than to spread nasty little rumours to other posters.

I thought I'd grown up enough to leave childish playground behaviour behind me, pity others haven't

well don't do it and we won't have a problem :p:p:p:p

(just kidding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Your current employer is getting you back now for your imminent departure ;)
    It looks like it haha. They did offer to drive me home though if no planes so not so bad :pac:

well don't do it and we won't have a problem :p:p:p:p

(just kidding)

Was just on facebook there and saw that i lived with two of your friends over the summer :) Its a very small world.

Was just on facebook there and saw that i lived with two of your friends over the summer :) Its a very small world.

lol interesting,does one have long hair?

lol interesting,does one have long hair?

Lets just say one is a cat :p

aaaah,i'll have to see if you're in any of their photo's :p:p

• Advertisement

aaaah,i'll have to see if you're in any of their photo's :p:p

If you see the ones im in you'll probably be very scared :p

She forced me to put on the face paint i swear :D

what were you trying to be there?:pac::pac::pac::pac:

what were you trying to be there?:pac::pac::pac::pac:

You'll have to ask her:p

They decided to have a circus themed drinking session....was unreal!! Dont quite know what i was supposed to be but it looked funny(and a bit scary) either way :) Was cleaning it out of my hair for like two days after!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey guys, how're ye today?

Dose Webby, apparently it's not as bad as last time so chin up! Hopefully you'll be ok!! I've got my fingers crossed for you.. Making it very difficult to type. :)

Miss Lemons you sound so put out! Hope you're ok!! I call shenanigans!!!

I'm here till half eight today.... :( Dose and a half

Thanks Dice....I think things be okay. I've got place to stay here well to work lol, lots of partners are offering their offices if I get stuck. Not sure if that's good or bad though haha

• Advertisement

Thanks Dice....I think things be okay. I've got place to stay here well to work lol, lots of partners are offering their offices if I get stuck. Not sure if that's good or bad though haha

Ha ha shocker. If you need any discounts on hotels out there let me know, just in case you're really stuck or just want a break from the work scene. :) I know what it's like. Can't believe you were nabbed twice though dude! That's bad luck!!

NoDice wrote: »
    Ha ha shocker. If you need any discounts on hotels out there let me know, just in case you're really stuck or just want a break from the work scene. :) I know what it's like. Can't believe you were nabbed twice though dude! That's bad luck!!
    Ah I'm sure it be okay though. i'm not flying home until Saturday. Unless things drastically change for worst towards end of week, I won't be getting worried :) Thanks for the hotel discount thing though, however you manage it ha

Ah I'm sure it be okay though. i'm not flying home until Saturday. Unless things drastically change for worst towards end of week, I won't be getting worried :) Thanks for the hotel discount thing though, however you manage it ha

I get it through work. ;) I said it to someone else here too. I got stuck out in Tenerife and I was so lucky, I was able to get my friends and I additional apartments for free. Whereas everyone else out there had to pay a fortune. Really made me see how lucky I was.

So really, I hope obv you don't get stuck, but if you do and need a hotel, feel free to pm me. Goes for anyone. :)

Nice one cheers =)

Can't wait to get back again. Where I'm based this week is out middle of no where...industrial place...crazy place. Full of truckers too parking their trucks.

How's life in Cork these days?

Awh.. Party with the truckers???? :confused::D

I've taken a turn off alcohol lately after the last hol. Taking a break. Decided to get back on track regarding fitness and we're moving soon so gotta get my shizzle together. :rolleyes:

Haven't been out in aaaages either. I better make an appearance in smelly brog soon before they start thinking I've finally grown up and moved onto a different and better pub.. Nope! NEVER!!

• Advertisement

NoDice wrote: »
    Awh.. Party with the truckers???? :confused::D

I've taken a turn off alcohol lately after the last hol. Taking a break. Decided to get back on track regarding fitness and we're moving soon so gotta get my shizzle together. :rolleyes:

Haven't been out in aaaages either. I better make an appearance in smelly brog soon before they start thinking I've finally grown up and moved onto a different and better pub.. Nope! NEVER!!
    havn't been to the brog in ages myself now. I've kind of stopped going out too after my holiday. I badly want to get myself back to routine again and stop being so lazy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

webmonkey, you need to start planning goodbye sessions.
    you'll need lots before you head across the county bounds.

deRanged wrote: »
    webmonkey, you need to start planning goodbye sessions.
    you'll need lots before you head across the county bounds.
    Good idea :pac: - We should have night out for my departure haha. Funny thing is I prob be back a week or 2 later for a regular outing :) - hopefully anyways

Tuesday after a bank holiday weekend :(
    I stayed away from the thread all morning as the blues had gotten me bad, all better now, another weekend looming (almost).

Super bored at work and I think I've eaten the building and everything in it at this stage.

Bought a donut maker in Aldi - €13. Just thought you'd like to know. I hope you're all jealous.

Can anyone suggest a funny website I can go onto to pass my time??

1 exam down....10 to go :p

I actually feel good after doing the exam for some reason??

Im in the mood to get drunk to be honest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

1 exam down....10 to go :p

I actually feel good after doing the exam for some reason??

Im in the mood to get drunk to be honest :D

good start man, way to go:D when's the next exam?

corkcomp wrote: »
    good start man, way to go:D when's the next exam?

One thursday and another one friday.

One thursday and another one friday.

ah that not too bad .. get drunk but not TOO drunk:p when I was in 1st year I did an exam at 11am after getting home at 6am from a friends wedding .. having said that it was my easiest exam..

Best of luck guys!!! :D

• Advertisement

Back from pizza in asian pizzeria. Only had 2 drinks but I feel tipsy haha.

Anyone around tonight here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hey webbers, that sounds good, cheap date.lol

Wish it was a date ha.

How are things by you these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I see they have started taking down those huge cylinders from the Beamish brewery. Wonder what will happen with the place after thebrewery is gone?

4153323781_ed3345dec7.jpg

Good thanks, am pure lazy though. Not back to work until tomorrow, so you would think I would do something constructive with my time off. But I have been on laptop all day!!
    Are you bored over there?

mudokon wrote: »
    I see they have started taking down those huge cylinders from the Beamish brewery. Wonder what will happen with the place after thebrewery is gone?

4153323781_ed3345dec7.jpg
    That's a shame :-/

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Good thanks, am pure lazy though. Not back to work until tomorrow, so you would think I would do something constructive with my time off. But I have been on laptop all day!!
    Are you bored over there?
    Im lazy out myself these days, think it's just that I've so much to do I don't want to do anything.

Yeah it is awfully boring here. Glad I'm half ways almost though....

That's a shame :-/

It is, there were a few people standing around watching. It would be great if they made a park there or something. Cant see that happening though.

It looks like flightsback to normal anyway, with the usual disclaimer about further interuptions! I had a very unproductive day hopefully tomorrow will be better :D

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    It is, there were a few people standing around watching. It would be great if they made a park there or something. Cant see that happening though.
    Yep, they will probably build more ugly apartments!

A car park would be more useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

A nice park with a playground would be a nice addition to the area. There is a cool park in Seattle that they turned an old factory into a play area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_Works_Park

Some parts are fenced off but a good portion you can climb on and stuff.

Maybe they should sell the one's that are already built first but it wouldnt surprise me. :pac:
    A car park would be more useful

Still be a waste of some prime river side property though.

Don't they have to keep the the counting house as is though.

yeah. not sure really whats happening with it. We'll soon find out I'm sure. Hopefully be something nice, its good location alright.

last I heard there were people calling for a musem there. I assume the brewery own the land, so they'll want to make money out of it. it's prime land.

• Advertisement

last I heard there were people calling for a musem there. I assume the brewery own the land, so they'll want to make money out of it. it's prime land.

Yeah it seems Heineken own it now so they wont want it sitting idle for too long.

they're not exactly hurting for cash though, so they might wait till things pick up before doing anything drastic.

Oh, and did ye all see the UPC light show in the R&H Hall building?
    4579750040_3c96d888a4.jpg

I was somewhat underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

they're not exactly hurting for cash though, so they might wait till things pick up before doing anything drastic.

Oh, and did ye all see the UPC light show in the R&H Hall building?
    4579750040_3c96d888a4.jpg

I was somewhat underwhelmed.

well its definitley no disney....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

Ainu wrote: »
    well its definitley no disney....

u can say that again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Tired :( time for bed yet? :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement