Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

It's not that bad haha just messy, my skin has lost the green and yellow tinge too :)

Damn bruises pissed me off more than anything.

Am i allowed to say pissed?

Ha ha, not into being multi couloured then. :pac:

If you arent allowed to say it then expect two infractions. :P

This link was in the post of the day. :pac:

Extreme Facedown Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

mudokon wrote: »
    This link was in the post of the day. :pac:

Extreme Facedown Ireland

I got a good laugh out of some of the more imaginative ones. There were a good few of the pictures taken in Cork, one on the floor of my favourite chipper KCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Morning everyone! Realised I'm starving after my stomach started sounding like a jet fighter taking off. No exaggeration.

How is everyone? Am I the only one working?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

NoDice wrote: »
    Morning everyone! Realised I'm starving after my stomach started sounding like a jet fighter taking off. No exaggeration.

How is everyone? Am I the only one working?? :(
    Morning! I'm the same... Hunger actually woke me up! I can't speak for everyone but i'm not working... Its my beautiful goddaughter's christening today! :D:D

• Advertisement

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Morning! I'm the same... Hunger actually woke me up! I can't speak for everyone but i'm not working... Its my beautiful goddaughter's christening today! :D:D

Awh wow have a great day nursemar! Congrats on being Godmother too btw! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

nursemar88 wrote: »

Have fun! Not working either but just arrived at the library, may as well be a job, have spent more time here in the last few weeks than I have at either of my jobs!

Have fun! Not working either but just arrived at the library, may as well be a job, have spent more time here in the last few weeks than I have at either of my jobs!

Are you doing your exams? Best of luck if you are!! :)

I got a good laugh out of some of the more imaginative ones. There were a good few of the pictures taken in Cork, one on the floor of my favourite chipper KCs.

I like the one taken at the bottom of Patrick's Street with the two girls on the railings. :pac:

Are you doing your exams? Best of luck if you are!! :)
    Yep, half way through them at the moment. Had 2 during the week and another 2 next week then Im free! Worst one is my last one though, Advanced Early Years Curriculum, 4 essay questions on the history of education, Síolta and Aistear (new currciulum framework for Ireland, for all of ye not in the know!), gender in education and a whole load of other stuff that I dont understand.

If anyone can distingush between social contructivism, social constructionism and Product Vs. Process please inform me!

• Advertisement

Yep, half way through them at the moment. Had 2 during the week and another 2 next week then Im free! Worst one is my last one though, Advanced Early Years Curriculum, 4 essay questions on the history of education, Síolta and Aistear (new currciulum framework for Ireland, for all of ye not in the know!), gender in education and a whole load of other stuff that I dont understand.

If anyone can distingush between social contructivism, social constructionism and Product Vs. Process please inform me!

Best of luck! Dose though. Sounds liek Early Childhood Studies. Would I be correct?? ;)

Best of luck! Dose though. Sounds liek Early Childhood Studies. Would I be correct?? ;)

Correct!

Correct!

Cool! I was doing that course but left on the last day of first year. Only person I got to know was the only fella in the course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

Cool! I was doing that course but left on the last day of first year. Only person I got to know was the only fella in the course. :)

and was that fella doing the course for the women?

gu10 wrote: »
    and was that fella doing the course for the women?

Made that comment so she'd know who I was talking about! :rolleyes:

Lol, well we started off with 3 boys as far I as remember, only have one left now though, lost the rest along the way!

Lol, well we started off with 3 boys as far I as remember, only have one left now though, lost the rest along the way!

God!! That's mad. Shows how much attention I paid there. :( Thought the course was really interesting alright but it wouldn't have gotten me to where I wanted to be in a career myself.

Best of luck with the exams and wish you all the best with it!! Off boards now and get studying!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Then I went through the opposite...all boys no girls :( 3 started, 1 survived. Haven't spoken to her in ages new :-/

God!! That's mad. Shows how much attention I paid there. :( Thought the course was really interesting alright but it wouldn't have gotten me to where I wanted to be in a career myself.

Best of luck with the exams and wish you all the best with it!! Off boards now and get studying!!! :D

Love the course, but theres a few bits that I think they could really leave out. Thankfully for me I want primary school teaching so tis a nice little feeder course for it, and get me and 2 of the others our PGCE, well depending on results! What you want to do?

Study is going ok today, just no motivation and Im so so so tired!

The fact it weekend probably doesn't help either :) Best luck with them though.

• Advertisement

Very True, Im just so bored and tired and feeling a bit unwell. Thankfully Im pretty sorted for Tuesdays exam so can take it easy(ish)!

Very True, Im just so bored and tired and feeling a bit unwell. Thankfully Im pretty sorted for Tuesdays exam so can take it easy(ish)!
    Good stuff. Ah no doubt its draining you, stress makes you feel bit unwell.

People I'm getting strange ideas of doing U turn and staying in Cork. Am I mad. I need some guidance lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

Webmonkey wrote: »
    People I'm getting strange ideas of doing U turn and staying in Cork. Am I mad. I need some guidance lol
    cork ftw

Indeed! Lets see what happens these coming weeks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

stevexo wrote: »
    cork ftw

here here! ;-))

Maybe I should start looking for IT jobs in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

nutter! :)

There's two things there now. The first, is the job thing - whether you want to continue in the present one or not.
    Then, a totally separate thing, is Cork/friends.
    you need to try to separate then both out to decide what to do. Don't stay in the present job with which you're not happy, to stay in Cork.
    By all means stay in Cork if you want to, but change jobs if you don't want the present one.

deRanged wrote: »
    nutter! :)

There's two things there now. The first, is the job thing - whether you want to continue in the present one or not.
    Then, a totally separate thing, is Cork/friends.
    you need to try to separate then both out to decide what to do. Don't stay in the present job with which you're not happy, to stay in Cork.
    By all means stay in Cork if you want to, but change jobs if you don't want the present one.
    I am a bit of one alright!

There are quite a few decisions. I think I'm jumping too quick to Limerick, I know there are other opportunities maybe in Cork so I could get best of both world but I've many friends in Limerick too but I really dislike Limerick.

I know for certain I won' tbe doing the Phd/masters now though...not for me so at least I've that decision made!

I'll have to have a chat some evening with you about it...my head is messed up at moment and about 10 other things hanging off the side too, other work I've taken on. Think I'm going to go insane lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Stay in Cork, I'll give you a job, you can be my personal bodyguard :D

Stay in Cork, I'll give you a job, you can be my personal bodyguard :D
    What would I be up against :pac: - Need to make sure I've enough experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

mudokon wrote: »
    I like the one taken at the bottom of Patrick's Street with the two girls on the railings. :pac:

Ha ya thats a good one, it looks seriously uncomfortable though. I like the facedown in the tesco meat counter and the guy on the Limerick city centre sign :pac:. I wonder how that guy got in to the meat counter....I hope he doesn't work there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

What would I be up against :pac: - Need to make sure I've enough experience

I think it would be to protect her from herself :pac::pac:

I think it would be to protect her from herself :pac::pac:
    True, I wouldn't trust that lemons one with herself at all :p

I'm just back from a mighty feed in Luigi Malone's.
    The dine in Cork thing was great, brilliant offer.

• Advertisement

I'm just back from a mighty feed in Luigi Malone's.
    The dine in Cork thing was great, brilliant offer.
    What's that about? - glad you enjoyed your feed.

I came back up to cork anyways but only so I could sleep in tomorrow. I can't get any sleep down in kerry lol. Bed time soon

Dine in Cork was an offer running for the last week - 3 courses for €25. There were about 25 restaurants all over Cork taking part - brilliant stuff. I'm absolutely full now though :)

I think I'll need an early night to digest.

Dine in Cork was an offer running for the last week - 3 courses for €25. There were about 25 restaurants all over Cork taking part - brilliant stuff. I'm absolutely full now though :)

I think I'll need an early night to digest.
    That's great alright. I must go to one of those meal outings. Was never at one. Might be a change from the drinking :pac:

Might be a change from the drinking :pac:

there's still drinking :D, but it's a great idea. good chat and craic at them.

there's still drinking :D, but it's a great idea. good chat and craic at them.
    Plenty wine no doubt :pac:

I'm drinking a few cans now myself. Might help me go sleep

• Advertisement

yeah, there's usually a few glasses of wine drunk. specially if I'm there anyway.
    that reminds me - you still don't drink wine do you?

yeah, there's usually a few glasses of wine drunk. specially if I'm there anyway.
    that reminds me - you still don't drink wine do you?
    Nope but I'd like to try it some time, real wine that is. Maybe the stuff I drank before was vinegar

Nope but I'd like to try it some time, real wine that is. Maybe the stuff I drank before was vinegar

You should try Pinot grigio, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it :D only problem is one glass never enough

corkcomp wrote: »
    You should try Pinot grigio, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it :D only problem is one glass never enough
    Might try it some night there so. Think I'll need a lot of alco over coming weeks anyways so better stock up.

You not out tonight?

Might try it some night there so. Think I'll need a lot of alco over coming weeks anyways so better stock up.

You not out tonight?

Just back from Chinese in fermoy! Only 1 glass of wine so far! Heading to local for one pint soon so hoping no hangover tomorrow :D I couldn't handle another morning like today for another week at least :-(

Just back from Chinese in fermoy! Only 1 glass of wine so far! Heading to local for one pint soon so hoping no hangover tomorrow :D I couldn't handle another morning like today for another week at least :-(
    Heavy night last night so ha. Where ye end up?

I must go the next night ye going out now.

Heavy night last night so ha. Where ye end up?

I must go the next night ye going out now.

Classic bar all nite! Were meant to go to cinema but most of us changed our minds after first few drinks! There was west coast cooler promo on so I'm blaming that D

Classic bar all nite! Were meant to go to cinema but most of us changed our minds after first few drinks! There was west coast cooler promo on so I'm blaming that D
    I've yet to go into a cinema drunk. I'd love to try it some time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

:o

shakencat wrote: »
    :o
    You've done it? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement