Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rosieapples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

ROFL knock it off, ya scallywag:P Parley, Tha'r be, just T'davy jones with't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

grow up....

OK..FB here I come...get away from this crap

imageworks wrote: »
    grow up....

i have one friend request there pending atm, and in pirate english it says
    1 sorry lout thinks they're yer mate!
    :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

grow up....

+1

• Advertisement

grow up....

Grow up?

I'm not the one conversing like a 12 year old.

lol mwah c u l8r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I'll talk like a pirate if there is rum involved... Actually I will do just about anything if there is rum involved. That's why I avoid rum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Grow up?

lol mwah c u l8r

crazy..

corkcomp wrote: »
    +1
    c u l8r 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Get out of my head

OED, nice one Rosie lol. I clicked it! :( I talk English good though. I don't need no dictionary to help me speak good. I is grammertastic!! lol

Nah, I never got into that whole pirate FB thing!!

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »
    I'll talk like a pirate if there is rum involved... Actually I will do just about anything if there is rum involved. That's why I avoid rum :D

hint hint: now people know what to influence ya with

I hope the door hits you on the way out :)

I'm not the one leaving honey, trouble reading?

Grow up?

lol mwah c u l8r

YAWN.................:rolleyes:

You sure?

You sure?
    Positive, why would I be? Just because a few people decide to be ill mannered towards me for no reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Positive, why would I be? Just because a few people decide to be ill mannered towards me for no reason?

I gave you the reason though, do you not understand text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Ah come on people...lets all just take a chill pill.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

its a pity your not in Cork.. you could come to Steve's birthday drinks and drown your sorrows! hope your feeling better now though.. summer well and truly here :-) :D
    RoverJames wrote: »
    The way to look at ti I reckon is that they may well know they are being a numpty towards you but also they probably have no idea they have upset you like this :) As you say, 'tis a nice day, a stroll and / or an icecream may be in order. Try to enjoy your days off if you can and be sure to have a rest anyway.
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hope things get better for you soon nurse :-/
    hey lads... just to say thanks... feeling much better now. Although it did take some mind altering substances to help!! :D oh and sunshine! :)
    Evening all, new here!
    Evening! welcome to the thread... Curious name but i like it! :D oh and from what I've read not a very good night on the thread... we usually aren't that serious at all! :)

Seriously tho... everyone calmed down yet?:)

ahhh troll alert, troll alert..

• Advertisement

oooohhhh miss shadow...she called you honey...she must like you!!!

I gave you the reason though, do you not understand text?
    And I answered you in a perfectly civil way, you chose to ignore my reply and told me not to let the door hit me on the way out.

Seriously tho... everyone calmed down yet?:)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, i can't fit into ur lil category... i was never un-calm to start with, hehe. But i try and go take some sedatives, maybe i can get even calmer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

nursemar88 wrote: »
    feeling much better now.

wahey! good stuff.

deRanged wrote: »
    wahey! good stuff.

+1 enjoy the rest of week off nursey :-)

Actually, I started a thread introducing myself. I only said it was lazy after I was told to get off the internet and read a dictionary. I asked very nicely, I said 'Could someone translate this for me please'.

it didn't make a lot of sense to me, I'm not from Cork, and I thought it might be text/local speak. Maybe if someone had been courteous enough to ask me to explain.

Miss Shadow, care to reply to this in the same way, or just continue to be smart towards me? Its not very clever really. I explained fully, why have you ignored this reply?

That's why I avoid rum :D
    we'll see now 2mor if we can change that! :D;)

@ Rosie....BOOOOORRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG............

And I answered you in a perfectly civil way, you chose to ignore my reply and told me not to let the door hit me on the way out.

Anyone who tries to belittle and ridicule someone usually doesnt get positive responses.

you're behaviour simply isn't acceptable and I won't brush it under the carpet. I don't want to come onto this thread and come across this crap.

jeesh

Miss Shadow, care to reply to this in the same way, or just continue to be smart towards me? Its not very clever really. I explained fully, why have you ignored this reply?

because noone CARES!!!
    we dont want to go on about one stupid subject for all the evening, specially if we have absolutely no interest in it.

p.s. u can take it out on me if u want, i dont mind.
    nothing's gonna ruin my good mood, its gonna be the BEST SUMMER EVER wohoooooooooo:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Evening! welcome to the thread... Curious name but i like it! :D oh and from what I've read not a very good night on the thread... we usually aren't that serious at all! :)

The name is a running joke with myself and a few work colleagues.

Seems like a clicky crowd. Keyboard warriors etc. As I said, doesn't phase me. I can dish out the insults, and anything else if it comes my way. But for the most part, I'm the most laid back guy you could meet!!

kart wrote: »
    Hmm, i can't fit into ur lil category... i was never un-calm to start with, hehe. But i try and go take some sedatives, maybe i can get even calmer :)
    good idea! :)
    deRanged wrote: »
    wahey! good stuff.
    +1 enjoy the rest of week off nursey :-)
    thanks i will try....

ssssooooooooo.......how 'bout them Red Sox???? :D:D

Anyone who tries to belittle and ridicule someone usually doesnt get positive responses.

you're behaviour simply isn't acceptable and I won't brush it under the carpet. I don't want to come onto this thread and come across this crap.

jeesh
    Isn't this exactly what you have done to me?

I explained my initial response, why do you continually ignore the explanation?

Is it because you are wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

i dont know you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Jebus - calm down people.

I'm sure nobody meant any offence with their original posts. With written communication, it can be hard to intrepet nuance, so I'm guessing everybody got offended over nothing.

There's been a few nasty posts since, which are not in the spirit of this forum. Can we all just kiss and make up?

Now either everybody will hate me or I'll get a ban for trying to be a back-seat mod........

nursemar88 wrote:
    good idea! :)

ssssooooooooo.......how 'bout them Red Sox???? :D:D

Red Sox?? I am crushed... everyone knows it is all about the Cubs!

• Advertisement

So I went to roberts cove today, was beautiful!

the guards knocked on the door this evening, was looking for previous tenants, they had what was probably a summons too :D:D:D:D
    shocking!!
    For some strange reason I felt like telling her I was who they were looking for and ran for it for a laugh :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hey, where are we going tomorrow for pints? I hope it has a Beer Gardeh

Can we all just kiss and make up?

^
    That
    or simply switch the ignore button in ur head for the subject u dont want to discuss :)
    Life is a flower - and as i already said its gonna be the best summer ever!

The name is a running joke with myself and a few work colleagues.

Seems like a clicky crowd. Keyboard warriors etc. As I said, doesn't phase me. I can dish out the insults, and anything else if it comes my way. But for the most part, I'm the most laid back guy you could meet!!
    aahhh ya i suppose it can be a lil bit clicky at times but to be honest thats because we have regular meet ups and people know each other well... saying that i havent being to a meet up in like 2 or 3 months or so.... so i havent actually met a lot of the people that have being on lately. And I love laid back people...should suit this place well! :D

Oh yeah outdoor pints ftw :D even if it is only a few :-(

Jebus - calm down people.

I'm sure nobody meant any offence with their original posts. With written communication, it can be hard to intrepet nuance, so I'm guessing everybody got offended over nothing.

There's been a few nasty posts since, which are not in the spirit of this forum. Can we all just kiss and make up?

Now either everybody will hate me or I'll get a ban for trying to be a back-seat mod........

Thank you, I accept totally my first post may have sounded sarcastic, it genuinely wasn't, which was why i explained it.

• Advertisement

recommend a drink for beach trip. And it can't be beer nor vodka.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Right, Ive had enough for one night. Next person to throw abuse gets a 7 day cold shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

So I went to roberts cove today, was beautiful!

the guards knocked on the door this evening, was looking for previous tenants, they had what was probably a summons too :D:D:D:D
    shocking!!
    For some strange reason I felt like telling her I was who they were looking for and ran for it for a laugh :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hey, where are we going tomorrow for pints? I hope it has a Beer Gardeh
    where's roberts cove? check out my birthday event on fb. might do an evening drink in bierhause on the footpath again :D

hey lads... just to say thanks... feeling much better now. Although it did take some mind altering substances to help!! :D oh and sunshine! :)

aahhh ya i suppose it can be a lil bit clicky at times but to be honest thats because we have regular meet ups and people know each other well... saying that i havent being to a meet up in like 2 or 3 months or so.... so i havent actually met a lot of the people that have being on lately. And I love laid back people...should suit this place well! :D

Ah I fit everywhere. I'm like expanding foam lol.

kart wrote: »

Schnapps (forgot my dictionary lol) or west coast cooler?

Red Sox?? I am crushed... everyone knows it is all about the Cubs!
    nah im all bout the Red Sox! have you seen their jersey??!! :D
    raging i'll miss this...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

i-iz-scared-k-ill-come-out1-300x234.jpg

This forum hasnt been this busy since the flood. :pac:

@ rosieapples, I'd say this was just a misunderstanding. What you determined as politely asking for a translation could have easily been mistaken for sarcasm.

As has been mentioned before grammar nazi's a not looked upon fondly & there was no mention that you never understood just a translation request. this could be interpreted either way, the use of smileys is probably one of the best ways of ensuring this doesnt happen as it conveys an emotion which will be very hard to interpret when all you have to go on is text on a screen.

Schnapps (forgot my dictionary lol) or west coast cooler?

hmm west coast cooler might be a good idea:) goes well with prawns and strawberries, lets hope the weather keeps til sunday..or more like til september:P

kart wrote:

Gin and Lemonade. Yummy summer drink. Or mojitos. Or Mint Julips..... this sure is thirsty work.

stevexo wrote: »
    where's roberts cove? check out my birthday event on fb. might do an evening drink in bierhause on the footpath again :D

Whitegate!! yeah bierhause would be the biz

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement