Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

haha yeah it was savage!!

summer is cool

no heeelllls

yessss

BCandCFJ2305201046.jpg

Another pic :eek:
    Whatever chance I had of doing a bit of work for the afternoon is now gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Glad you enjoyed sun =)

I think I'll leave now any second and do something

RoverJames wrote: »
    Another pic :eek:
    Whatever chance I had of doing a bit of work for the afternoon is now gone.
    hmm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Webmonkey wrote: »
    hmm :pac:

hmmmmmmm :pac: lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

im a car owner now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

stevexo wrote: »
    im a car owner now

Congrats. What you buy?

Also, how was Saturday night?

You made me dizzy Friday with all your dancing! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Congrats. What you buy?

Also, how was Saturday night?

You made me dizzy Friday with all your dancing! :pac:

congrats +1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

im a car owner now

Woo hoo Steve, thats fantastic!! What did you get?? You want me to go out driving with you tomoro night?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

True yeah. I wish I made more of the weekend now come to think of it :(

well i tried my best to get you out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

got a yaris. parents went to look at one this afetrnoon for me and got it there and then. will have to go up home to pay for and collect it

im a car owner now
    Congrats Steve. I hope you have good luck with it

haha my house mate and a friend are after watching Lost and all I hear now is roaring "What the **** was that...how many years did I wait for this!" Priceless.

Another friend said it was excellent though. I'm glad I didn't watch any of it anyways :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Oliver-Plunkett-St-Cork-City-Centre-Co-Cork/61687/

That looks very cheap doesn't it? - I'm gone all entrepreneurial ha. Does anyone know what hidden charges there might be. I know you must pay rates to the council or something, wonder how much that?

There are places for rent in Gould Street, near the Lough. Similar price range & I'd say parking would be included as they are in a small industrial park. Might be worth a look too. Last two properties on this link. Also insurance may be cheaper as it is a gated area.

As for rates, you'd have to check with the council. Or if you have all the relevant details you could try here either that or the letting agent may be able to give you an estimate of the rates.

mudokon wrote: »
    There are places for rent in Gould Street, near the Lough. Similar price range & I'd say parking would be included as they are in a small industrial park. Might be worth a look too. Last two properties on this link. Also insurance may be cheaper as it is a gated area.

As for rates, you'd have to check with the council. Or if you have all the relevant details you could try here either that or the letting agent may be able to give you an estimate of the rates.
    You seem to know your stuff :D - cheers mudokon.

I'll see what I do...trying not to get a head of myself yet.

I didn't realise how long this thread is after getting :-/ We'll be at 10k posts soon enough. Bit sad ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

good man stevexo!

and webmonkey - if you're looking for space would a startup space be a possibility?
    like the genesis program in CIT or one of the ones in UCC?

Xbox is frickin' tough!

Kinda loving it a wee bit though :o

deRanged wrote: »
    good man stevexo!

and webmonkey - if you're looking for space would a startup space be a possibility?
    like the genesis program in CIT or one of the ones in UCC?
    Yep that's an option. Actually I'm in the same building really, the Rubicon ha. I already had an interview before but I never followed it up.
    Xbox is frickin' tough!

Kinda loving it a wee bit though

haha :pac: - it did come up before about a boards meet up for gaming

• Advertisement

I have been thinking about things we could do that does NOT involve drinking. (corkcomp I know what your gonna say ;))
    So would anyone be interested in going paint balling sometime??

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I have been thinking about things we could do that does NOT involve drinking. (corkcomp I know what your gonna say ;))
    Yeah maybe. I was also going to suggest go karting. I'd offer to drive and I would actually drive this time and not have to go back to Kerry!

Rofl... He shouldnt have admitted it!! :D

Check out Kartworld, there is loads to do there. Know it would probably cost a few bob but we could plan for in a few weeks, so people have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I'll have to have a BBQ at mine at some point next month, it'd be kinda lame not to have drink though!

paintballing sounds fun! what else is there though?

I'll have to have a BBQ at mine at some point next month, it'd be kinda lame not to have drink though!

We can do the BBQ as well don't worry ha and with drink. We wouldn't come empty handed either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

oh i had such a good week... i got to spend loads of time with my OH, got to cook loads of new and yummy recipes, threw my dads surprise 40th(which went really well- he didn't suspect a thing!), went for a couple of lovely swims in Lough Derg and played some volleyball in the water... and generally just lazed about in the sun.... aaaaahhhhhh good week! :D:D

nursemar88 wrote: »
    oh i had such a good week... i got to spend loads of time with my OH, got to cook loads of new and yummy recipes, threw my dads surprise 40th(which went really well- he didn't suspect a thing!), went for a couple of lovely swims in Lough Derg and played some volleyball in the water... and generally just lazed about in the sun.... aaaaahhhhhh good week! :D:D
    That's great, glad you had a good week. We all could do with a good week :)

No wonder you didn't get time to post on boards ha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Really have to get back into the swing of posting on here! Been waaay too busy between finishing exams, work and placement.

V. Jealous of your weekend nursemar! I worked and slept....fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

That's great, glad you had a good week. We all could do with a good week :)

No wonder you didn't get time to post on boards ha :pac:
    I know... its was a great week but very busy!!! especially before my dads party.... i was hectic the couple of days beforehand. but all my planning worked out for the best... it was a great night! :D

Really have to get back into the swing of posting on here! Been waaay too busy between finishing exams, work and placement.

V. Jealous of your weekend nursemar! I worked and slept....fun times!

Yep it's great to see some old time posters back again :D How're things by you? - you finished up yet?
    I know... its was a great week but very busy!!! especially before my dads party.... i was hectic the couple of days beforehand. but all my planning worked out for the best... it was a great night! :D

It's great alright when things work out :)

• Advertisement

Yep it's great to see some old time posters back again :D How're things by you? - you finished up yet?

I knokw Ive been very absent lately had a few things going on. Finished College a week ago but am on placement until friday, so Im pretty wrecked, have had 6.30 am starts for the past 5 weeks with like 2 days off....I dont function/ am not a nice person to be around when I am lacking sleep!

I knokw Ive been very absent lately had a few things going on. Finished College a week ago but am on placement until friday, so Im pretty wrecked, have had 6.30 am starts for the past 5 weeks with like 2 days off....I dont function/ am not a nice person to be around when I am lacking sleep!
    Yeah I know what you mean. Lack of sleep makes me cranky too. So what's the plan for summer, London isn't until September is it?

Yeah I know what you mean. Lack of sleep makes me cranky too. So what's the plan for summer, London isn't until September is it?

London on the 4th of Sept. as long as I get the right grades! Going to Italy in 2 weeks, yay! Then Im back for the whole summer, working and trying to save for London. How about you? Whats the story with the job front? briefly followed your posts but didnt have time to properly get involved, sorry!

London on the 4th of Sept. as long as I get the right grades! Going to Italy in 2 weeks, yay! Then Im back for the whole summer, working and trying to save for London. How about you? Whats the story with the job front? briefly followed your posts but didnt have time to properly get involved, sorry!
    Ah cool, enjoy Italy.

Don't mind me, I'm all over place. I won't be out of work anyways, I've got good few jobs. I'm still in CIT too for a while until I get myself together :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Rofl... He shouldnt have admitted it!! :D

Check out Kartworld, there is loads to do there. Know it would probably cost a few bob but we could plan for in a few weeks, so people have a chance.

KartWorld should start paying for using my name..or at least gib me a free entrance every time i want to go with a dom perignon served right up! :)

Would love to go to Italy, sounds like a great place..i hope u are gonna have lots and lots of fun there!

Sounds good miss shadow, Ill bring banoffee pie, if Im invited (bribes)

How about going out on a boat in Kinsale, or canoeing in oysterhaven?

wahoo!I did have boats in my mind when you asked what other things can we do, didnt know how to word it though. :)

banoffee pie is my favourite :D do you make it or just buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

good call!!!

wahoo!I did have boats in my mind when you asked what other things can we do, didnt know how to word it though. :)

banoffee pie is my favourite :D do you make it or just buy?

Great minds think alike, misses.;)
    Make it of course.. lots of cream n chocolate, yummy!!!:p

I like the taste of banoffi pie but would love it more if it never had slices of banana just banana puree mixed in with the toffee. nyom.

• Advertisement

I like the taste of banoffi pie but would love it more if it never had slices of banana just banana puree mixed in with the toffee. nyom.

how bout a bit of babyfood so
    :P

oh i had such a good week... i got to spend loads of time with my OH, got to cook loads of new and yummy recipes, threw my dads surprise 40th(which went really well- he didn't suspect a thing!), went for a couple of lovely swims in Lough Derg and played some volleyball in the water... and generally just lazed about in the sun.... aaaaahhhhhh good week!

Sounds like a brilliant week, glad you enjoyed it :D

Welcome back, Italy...lucky so and so! You deserve it after exams and your placement though :)
    Great minds think alike, misses.;)
    Make it of course.. lots of cream n chocolate, yummy!!!:p

Favourite dessert :o

+1

how bout a bit of babyfood so

Sounds good as long as it's on a digestive biscuit base. :pac:

Sounds good as long as it's on a digestive biscuit base. :pac:

I'm sure they do farleys rusk as a base now

I'm sure they do farleys rusk as a base now

I should have thought of that. :mad: I bet that would be delicious. :D

I'm first in again :(
    I reckon bananas have no place in deserts to be honest, and pineapples have no place with hot meals. The World is gone mad :pac:

Good morning all! - I feel like today is going to be a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I suggested that a few times before but people said it would be too expensive, however with a wave of new people perhaps it is now possible. So yes I'd love to!

how about wall climbing? Did it on Saturday in the Mardyke was great fun!
    €11 for an hour per person. No experience necessary!

Delighted for you nursey!
    or canoeing in oysterhaven?

That's on on Saturday if numbers are high enough, 4.30pm - 9pm
    Good morning all! - I feel like today is going to be a good day

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

kingtut wrote: »
    I suggested that a few times before but people said it would be too expensive, however with a wave of new people perhaps it is now possible. So yes I'd love to!

What about airsoft? There is a place in ballyvorney that does it, I believe it's 50 euros a day including equipment (aeg, 2000 bbs, etc, basically, just bring boots), or if you have your own equipment it's 25 for the day.

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    What about airsoft? There is a place in ballyvorney that does it, I believe it's 50 euros a day including equipment (aeg, 2000 bbs, etc, basically, just bring boots), or if you have your own equipment it's 25 for the day.
    Why don't we do it ourselves...my friends and I used do that a lot before in our farm land. Got to wear eye protection though! - We made **** of a house we were staying in...but we fixed it in fairness haha.

I'd be up for airsoft though where ever :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement