Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I've to get 8 fillings would you believe

You should start using Listerine me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

RoverJames wrote: »
    You should start using Listerine me thinks
    I've used mouth wash for the last year and do it twice or 3 times a day. Unfort the damage was done years back :( - I'm just not letting it get further now but once fillings in I'll be sorted.

Also used that new expensive stuff too Cordal or what ever it is.

So warm outside again. It was actually cool earlier on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

So warm outside again. It was actually cool earlier on

It's getting ready for me, in 3 hours time I'm off for a week. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Had a concert on in the ward today, had to dress up as an egyption and dance the jig :-/ was good craic...

Now must get home and pack the rest of my stuff :( dono what to take with me, too many clothes

leave the clothes behind & take me instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

mudokon wrote: »
    leave the clothes behind

Think this is what you really wanted to say...:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

kingtut wrote: »
    Nope, I went as part of a group of 13. The organiser prob had to pre-book a slot but when I arrived we all just paid at the front desk. Would you be interested in it?

Cool, when I asked about using the squash courts down in the Mardyke they told me I'd have to join. Thought it might be the same deal with the climbing wall. Ya, it would be something I would be interested in trying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

is there anywhere to go swimming in cork with slides and wave pools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

stevexo wrote: »
    is there anywhere to go swimming in cork with slides and wave pools?

Trabolgan near midleton afaik.. or aquadome in Tralee

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    Trabolgan near midleton afaik.. or aquadome in Tralee
    hmmm, tralee is nearly 2 hours away but the place looks good.
    trabolgan doesnt have as much in it...

hmmm, tralee is nearly 2 hours away but the place looks good.
    trabolgan doesnt have as much in it...

the aqua dome is cool! I got trown out of there on a school tour before.. somebody threw a stink bomb and we were all barred:o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

what about kayaking?

YES PLEASE!!!!

I know this my sound stupid, but anyone fancy a kick around with a ball in the Lough some evenings since so many of us close by. I just went for another walk up there now, beautiful.

imageworks wrote: »
    YES PLEASE!!!!

Any idea where we could hire some kayaks? I can only get my hands on 2
    I know this my sound stupid, but anyone fancy a kick around with a ball in the Lough some evenings since so many of us close by. I just went for another walk up there now, beautiful.

I could make my way there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

Any idea where we could hire some kayaks? I can only get my hands on 2
    I could make my way there:D
    Just did quick search n saw Oysterhaven does em! They hire whole kit to you so thats handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Any idea where we could hire some kayaks?

ye could try Ardmore Adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

god the last couple of pages where random! took me ages to read through them. however while we are talking about dentists... anyone know a good one that i might be able to get an appointment with tomorrow?? i have a raging toothache the last couple of days that i thought i could ignore... but apparently it doesn't work that way!! :(

nursemar88 wrote: »
    god the last couple of pages where random! took me ages to read through them. however while we are talking about dentists... anyone know a good one that i might be able to get an appointment with tomorrow?? i have a raging toothache the last couple of days that i thought i could ignore... but apparently it doesn't work that way!! :(
    There's a good few dentists around but I couldn't recommend anyone. I don't know them. The one I went to today was in Ballingcollig. Why I decided go there I don't know.

But if you have a raging toothache, I think dentists would look straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

imageworks wrote: »
    Just did quick search n saw Oysterhaven does em! They hire whole kit to you so thats handy!

There will prob be kayaking in Oysterhaven on Saturday if numbers are high enough! I'll be there anyway along with RedFM :) all welcome! (There will be a bbq and fun run and challenges and stuff)

I reckon she should be sure they know that she has been suffering for days and headache tabs have had no effect (or they might say take some tabs and see how you feel after a few days)

The one I went to today was in Ballingcollig.

oh dear god no:eek:
    I reckon she should be sure they know that she has been suffering for days and headache tabs have had no effect (or they might say take some tabs and see how you feel after a few days)

+1:D

I cant recommend my dentist either. as a result of his skills things are much worse than they should be :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Evening all!! :D

There's a good few dentists around but I couldn't recommend anyone. I don't know them. The one I went to today was in Ballingcollig. Why I decided go there I don't know.

+1:D

I cant recommend my dentist either. as a result of his skills things are much worse than they should be :(
    thanks... i was recommended the one across the way from the leisureplex by my sister in law so i might try there.Anywhere that'll take away the pain at this point is ok!

thanks... i was recommended the one across the way from the leisureplex by my sister in law so i might try there.

that's where I go and they're great.

Think this is what you really wanted to say...:o;)

such aspersions on my character. :mad::P I only wanted a free trip home honest. :pac:

I have a frisbee somewhere as well, could be fun.
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Evening all!! :D

Evening. :)

• Advertisement

***EMERGENCY*** Can anyone please help? does anyone near Wilton have an electric thingy for taking the bolts off a tyre?? i have a flat tyre and the bolts are on way too tight that i (or rather tutty) cant get them off manually! help!

I can call out if you like? - It's not electric btw, it's air yokes :pac:

you can get an electric one too !

deRanged wrote: »
    you can get an electric one too !
    I didn't know that :p

ya i would really appreciate it webby... are you around at the moment?

• Advertisement

ya i would really appreciate it webby... are you around at the moment?
    I don't have any proper yoke for taking it off though, but surely you get it with the brace. I can call alright if you like.

drop me a text if ye need assistance, im not too far away. extention onto brace should do

just though, if you have alloy wheels you will need to open locking nut

I don't have any proper yoke for taking it off though, but surely you get it with the brace. I can call alright if you like.
    well we have a car wrench thingy but the bolts are on too tightly... whats a brace??

The wrench ha. Sure I'll call out and say hello anyways, is tut there? - he was going changing a tyre ha.

The wrench ha. Sure I'll call out and say hello anyways, is tut there? - he was going changing a tyre ha.
    ya ok ill text ya the address there... and lol :D

ya ok ill text ya the address there... and lol :D
    Cool, I hope i can find it. I've nothign better to do ne ways

*Yawn* - why I'm in so early I don't know

*Yawn* - why I'm in so early I don't know

Nice morning to be up early! :D did ye get nurseys tyre sorted?

Nice morning to be up early! :D did ye get nurseys tyre sorted?
    Ah yeah, my wheel brace had enough leverage. They were tight alright.

Yeah it's nice enough but it's gone quite cool :( - almost too cold for t-shirt

Ah yeah, my wheel brace had enough leverage. They were tight alright.

Yeah it's nice enough but it's gone quite cool :( - almost too cold for t-shirt

Just heard on the radio its meant to rain today:( It wont though:)

• Advertisement

Just heard on the radio its meant to rain today:( It wont though:)
    Yeah I heard that few days ago too. Here we are again on about the weather!

Yeah I heard that few days ago too. Here we are again on about the weather!

LOL .. lm doing my level best to steer the conversation away from dentists:pac:

Has anyone got any idea who might be able to diagnose / fix problem with air con in Cork (not auto glass!)

LOL .. lm doing my level best to steer the conversation away from dentists:pac:

Has anyone got any idea who might be able to diagnose / fix problem with air con in Cork (not auto glass!)
    I must get my aircon fixed too. I'd be interested in knowing.

However my problem was I went a few months without using it and the gas went stale so doesn't get cold now :(

I must get my aircon fixed too. I'd be interested in knowing.

However my problem was I went a few months without using it and the gas went stale so doesn't get cold now :(

The auto glass crowd up by musgraves would refill that for €100... they wanted to do that with mine too as a first step but I think I have a different problem cos the compressor isnt kicking in at all and nothing happens when you press the button:confused:

The auto glass crowd up by musgraves would refill that for €100... they wanted to do that with mine too as a first step but I think I have a different problem cos the compressor isnt kicking in at all and nothing happens when you press the button:confused:
    Maybe I've similar problems. I don't get that sudden loss of power or change in engine sound when I turn it on so maybe mine isn't coming on too :-/. Want to get it sorted by summer because my car can get very hot!

Saying that, I just want to get rid of the car. Looking on carzone, prices of cars are ridiculously cheap.

Maybe I've similar problems. I don't get that sudden loss of power or change in engine sound when I turn it on so maybe mine isn't coming on too :-/. Want to get it sorted by summer because my car can get very hot!

Saying that, I just want to get rid of the car. Looking on carzone, prices of cars are ridiculously cheap.

thats exact same prob as mine so, you cant hear engine revs dropping like before.

carzone is like a candy store now:D its trying to sell existing car thats the prob

THURSDAY THURSDAY!!!

Compressor won't kick in when you pressure is low, you may well have a leak but there is a good chance a regas would sort it.

Easier to get rid of ball walkers than a ZS unfortunately.

THURSDAY THURSDAY!!!

almost FRIDAY FRIDAY:D

• Advertisement

Yeah it probably next to impossible to get rid of. I just need a change. It's grand car, done me fine. No trouble really and almost at 90k (that won't make it easy get rid of either, esp a 90k on 05 car ha).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement