Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

RoverJames wrote: »
    Compressor won't kick in when you pressure is low, you may well have a leak but there is a good chance a regas would sort it.

I wasnt ruling out an electrical problem either.. There is a connection to test with pressure meter but they not willing to do that. just re gas.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah it probably next to impossible to get rid of. I just need a change. It's grand car, done me fine. No trouble really and almost at 90k (that won't make it easy get rid of either, esp a 90k on 05 car ha).

90K miles or KM? its its miles its high alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yep miles unfort

Yep miles unfort

suppose thats on the high side for a petrol engine alright. im more of a diesel head especially since the common rail ones came out.. so much you can do with them to add some extra oommph:D

corkcomp wrote: »
    suppose thats on the high side for a petrol engine alright. im more of a diesel head especially since the common rail ones came out.. so much you can do with them to add some extra oommph:D
    Diesel will be my next car. There are some BMW 320Ds for half nothing on carzone...but I look like a right snob driving those. Maybe I get one next year some stage. Either that or the Audi A4s

Diesel will be my next car. There are some BMW 320Ds for half nothing on carzone...but I look like a right snob driving those. Maybe I get one next year some stage. Either that or the Audi A4s

ermmm I could take offence to that:mad::( :p mine is getting on a bit now but its perfect condition so wouldnt be happy selling it for the money they making

• Advertisement

ermmm I could take offence to that:mad::( :p mine is getting on a bit now but its perfect condition so wouldnt be happy selling it for the money they making
    You driving one?

Ah I'll see. I'm a bit crazy when I get ideas into my head. I must finish paying off for m current one yet. Still another 5k I think...makes me want to vomit when there are some serious cars you can buy for 5k now ha

You driving one?

Ah I'll see. I'm a bit crazy when I get ideas into my head. I must finish paying off for m current one yet. Still another 5k I think...makes me want to vomit when there are some serious cars you can buy for 5k now ha

yep:D

mine is 02 but miles around 90K which is nothing to those cars.. I reckon its only worth 4 - 5K now.. the 330's are even cheaper now. pity about the road tax

yep:D

mine is 02 but miles around 90K which is nothing to those cars.. I reckon its only worth 4 - 5K now.. the 330's are even cheaper now. pity about the road tax
    Nice :D - They beautiful looking car though infairness. Always had a thing for them.

Yeah road tax on a 3 litre would be bit much alright :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ah yeah, my wheel brace had enough leverage. They were tight alright.

Ye my brace was too big for the bolts and hers fit perfectly but the lever was tiny, barely longer than my hand lol. Jumped down on the fecking thing and no budge :( .......kingtut to the rescue? I think not :o

kingtut wrote: »
    Ye my brace was too big for the bolts and hers fit perfectly but the lever was tiny, barely longer than my hand lol. Jumped down on the fecking thing and no budge :( .......kingtut to the rescue? I think not :o
    Well I don't think anyone would have any hope with that tiny thing ha. They were on tight though in fairness. :pac:

• Advertisement

I welded an extention onto mine:D

Well I don't think anyone would have any hope with that tiny thing ha. They were on tight though in fairness. :pac:

I read that and I my mind twists it around to mean something else :o
    think I spend too much time with young boardsies :mad:

I read that and I my mind twists it around to mean something else :o
    That's even worse what you said there!

I know it came out all wrong by me :p Oh god that sounds bad too doesn't it.

Oh god that sounds bad too doesn't it.

No....not at all....:rolleyes::D....:p oldie :D

ROFL:D talk about digging a deeper hole lol

The modern diesel can be problematic though, diesel particulate filters, dual mass flywheels and in some cars the turbo themselves all fail at alarming rates which wipe out the fuel savings made over 3 or 4 years. The troublefree diesel engines are a thing of the 90s I reckon for the most part.

The modern diesel can be problematic though, diesel particulate filters, dual mass flywheels and in some cars the turbo themselves all fail at alarming rates which wipe out the fuel savings made over 3 or 4 years. The troublefree diesel engines are a thing of the 90s I reckon for the most part.
    Like the L-Series :)

Like the L-Series :)

Yeah, the L series is trouble free except for diesel pumps on the 45, 25 and ZR, ZS. I was thinking more of the old 5 cyl Merc diesel and the old VW ones. I reckon I'll get a diesel ZS some time soon maybe. I'm driving an old 5 series estate at the moment, must sell that in a month or so.

This thread is like the motor forum lately :pac:

they CAN be but a little care and attention prevents that in most cases. some of the old diesel engines were indestructable even if never serviced but unfortunately you cant get away with that now.. BMW and peugeot make good engines (apart from turbo probs 02 - 05) all our family cars are common rail diesel and no probs so far, touch wood:D

• Advertisement

LOL i think i just added to that now:eek::D

they CAN be but a little care and attention prevents that in most cases.

I don't see how care and attention can prevent a DPF or a DMF failing to be honest. Also probs with common rail injection are generally a case of sh1t happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

OMFG...I am so annoyed!!! just rang the dentist i was recommended and the receptionist was such a snotty cow! :mad::mad:

nursemar88 wrote: »
    OMFG...I am so annoyed!!! just rang the dentist i was recommended and the receptionist was such a snotty cow! :mad::mad:

well I hope you take your business elsewhere.. no excuse for being rude:rolleyes::D

Hows the tooth? neurofen plus are great btw, I wouldnt be able to eat only for them with the last 2 days

Sorry hear that :( - Actually, the receptionist at the dentist I went to too was a cranky one but the actual dentist was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

well I hope you take your business elsewhere.. no excuse for being rude:rolleyes::D

Hows the tooth? neurofen plus are great btw, I wouldnt be able to eat only for them with the last 2 days
    ya well i wont be going there... might just wait til i get home and go to my regular dentist next week! oh and i'm allergic to neurofen but Ive being taking other stuff...
    Sorry hear that :( - Actually, the receptionist at the dentist I went to too was a cranky one but the actual dentist was lovely.
    i don't know she just became really rude once i told her i wasn't already a patient there... it totally put me off going there. :mad::(

ya well i wont be going there... might just wait til i get home and go to my regular dentist next week! oh and i'm allergic to neurofen but Ive being taking other stuff...

i don't know she just became really rude once i told her i wasn't already a patient there... it totally put me off going there. :mad::(
    Because she had to fill a little form.... :rolleyes: - she sounds like a lazy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

yeah, i think ye should hop off to the "general motor chat / beepbeep-ness" and "general tooth chat/ painfulness" threads

The receptionist where I went was very friendly, when booking the appointment I asked was the dentist an animal, I explained I was terrified of the idea of going. She was very nice and had me 90% sure it would be ok. If she was a cranky ole cow I would have rang another I reckon, rightly or wrongly.

• Advertisement

I asked was the dentist an animal,.

the receptionist was obviously very nice cos if she had any cranky tendencies that would probably have set her off lol:D:pac:

the receptionist was obviously very nice cos if she had any cranky tendencies that would probably have set her off lol:D:pac:

:D very true, I was in agony at the time and am a rather straight to the point sort of chap in general, I was very polite and whatnot but just rather blunt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

One more sleeps to the weekend :)

cant come soon enough:D hows things purple lemons? enjoying this early summer?

Going to the cinema tonight lola?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

one more sleep till i go home to get my car

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »

So you are actually getting it? You driving back yourself? Ya must be excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

cant come soon enough:D hows things purple lemons? enjoying this early summer?

Things are okay thanks, how are you?Takng full advantage of the early summer :D
    Going to the cinema tonight lola?

No i won't be there tonight Mr. Tutty

Driiive saaafe! ;)

(^^Grandma's Boy...in case no one knows lol)

Speaking of the Cinema I saw RobinHood on Monday night, wasn't bad at all, bit long.

Speaking of the Cinema I saw RobinHood on Monday night, wasn't bad at all, bit long.
    Yeah wouldn't mind looking at it though heard from others it was bad enough but I guess depends on person.

I hope to make tonight but it's not for certain...I might be stuck in here late as something due in the morning. Got no notice :(

I wouldn't be a good film critic, something uncomplicated suits me fine :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be a good film critic, something uncomplicated suits me fine :)
    Me neither though I've friends the complete opposite ha. But then we make our own movies too. That's another story

Me neither though I've friends the complete opposite ha. But then we make our own movies too. That's another story

are you sure you want to be sharing that info on here?:P:D

I dont mind serious movies sometimes but something comedy related is normally better

Yeah you're right... I reveal a way too much :pac:

I was passing Lennox in McCurtain street last night, they have signs up for staff wanted and delivery drivers, someone here or someone someone knows may be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I dont mind serious movies sometimes but something comedy related is normally better

Comedy movies tend to struggle to be funny for the duration of them though. Sitcoms work better as you can pace the jokes out better over half an hour or stand up comedy where you can involve the audience.

Yeah you're right... I reveal a way too much :pac:

it sounds much worse now:pac:

cant believe its nearly 5, the last time I looked it was 2.30.. woops:o

cant believe its nearly 5, the last time I looked it was 2.30.. woops:o

My day dragged, planning on going to the gym but no mind for it at all. Have half a garden shed to bring to the dump tomorrow, am doing a volunteer thing all day Saturday. Weekend is spoken for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭contenttypes

I welded an extention onto mine:D

ha ha....had skipped a few posts when i got to readin that one.... lol...but that got my attention! lol!

Roll on sleep...go away bad weather...roll on weekend!!! woohoo!!!
    YIPPEE!!!! take care coming back!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

TEE HEE, we got into eurovision final! Me likey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

kart wrote: »
    TEE HEE, we got into eurovision final! Me likey!

To be fair to her,she was much much better than the crap we have sent over the past few years. Good luck to her.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement