Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

RoverJames wrote: »
    I might be right.........
    You never know...chances are you are ha

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Boydsey14

I cant believe it's not Cleethorps!!!!! must be Chinese Crackers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

............ litoris :p

What kind of a bloody pervert are you! :eek:

Roverames wins..

haha thought so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Aw I see. What work do you do exactly? - I've got a lot of jobs that might be able to pass on.
    im an it contractor...right now im workin on an it helpdesk, level 1. have done level 2 and software testing before. cnt stand testing though, its so boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

stevexo wrote: »
    im an it contractor...right now im workin on an it helpdesk, level 1. have done level 2 and software testing before. cnt stand testing though, its so boring.

do you have your C.V. with Verkom? Theres a bit of level 2 stuff floating around on the contracting scene that I know of but its a day here and there and trying to get money can be a pain afterwards

Roverames wins..

LOL at least he used small text so I dont have to look over my shoulder every time I click on:P
    Who is he ^^ ha

:rolleyes:

There guys, Premiere Global in Clon that are hiring for that stuff. I worked there and know good few management. If anything comes up I'll let ya know :pac:

Software testing is boring enough alright..

There guys, Premiere Global in Clon that are hiring for that stuff. I worked there and know good few management. If anything comes up I'll let ya know :pac:

Software testing is boring enough alright..
    i want to get away from helpdesk stuff and get into some sort of programming role. im looking out for graduate or junior positions cos most jobs want 3-5 years experience but i cant get that if they wont give it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Afternoon all!!
    How are we this Monday??

@ steve, sorry about the car.. You could have parked it in my place if Id known!

i want to get away from helpdesk stuff and get into some sort of programming role. im looking out for graduate or junior positions cos most jobs want 3-5 years experience but i cant get that if they wont give it to me.
    What sort of programming would you be interested in? - Low level or high level, web dev maybe?

I know what you mean, most jobs require you to have 3+ yrs of experience. It's a pity, not giving new grads an opportunity to get in. You hear the whole shortage of programmers coming out of college then. It's because employers are too fussy and don't want to train.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

anyone interested in coming to Deep Purple on the 30th June at the Marquee? got 4 mates coming down from Kildare to go to it. Its on a wednesday though but im leaving Cork that friday :D

I wont be able to make this, will you be doing anything on the Thursday night? Leaving Cork beers.

A lady who claimed to have a penis and who likes strip clubs calling me a perv :cool: I'm proud as punch :D

A lady who claimed to have a penis and who likes strip clubs calling me a perv :cool: I'm proud as punch :D
    Least she isn't boring haha.

mudokon wrote: »
    I wont be able to make this, will you be doing anything on the Thursday night? Leaving Cork beers.

possibly, or leaving cork packing...
    What sort of programming would you be interested in? - Low level or high level, web dev maybe?
    whats low level? wanna get doin some java or c++ or c#

whats low level? wanna get doin some java or c++ or c#
    Any experience with QT and C++? - I've a contract job and I amn't sure I can manage it all. I've got a lot of projects coming up possibly so might be able off load some work if ya like. Can talk about it next boards sure.

have leaving drinks instead.. much more fun:D:p
    Least she isn't boring haha.

far from it:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Cool :) - I've been looking at bmw 320 diesels on car zone. They really cheap.

There might be a reason. I was thinking of joining the dark side and buying a car that runs on the fuel of the devil last year, so was looking at those myself. A friend of mine who owned one talked me out of it. Apparantly there's loads of problems with them. Not really sorted until post '05 really. Plus, talk about slow. 9 seconds 0-60! I believe Fred Flintstone's car had similar performance....

There might be a reason. I was thinking of joining the dark side and buying a car that runs on the fuel of the devil last year, so was looking at those myself. A friend of mine who owned one talked me out of it. Apparantly there's loads of problems with them. Not really sorted until post '05 really. Plus, talk about slow. 9 seconds 0-60! I believe Fred Flintstone's car had similar performance....
    Actually I've been hearing the same lately so I'm changing my mind slowly. Unfort, anything post 05 will cost an arm and a leg. That's dreadful 0-60 performance.

Will look into the Audi A4s next

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    have leaving drinks instead.. much more fun:D:p

I agree, or else just dont leave!:(:(

The only real probs were turbo related, which could be serious alright.. the 150 BHP 02 - late 04 are the ones to watch.. about 2/3 of them were replaced under warranty though so if your buying check the history, if the turbo was replaced it will be ok as they fitted the new type... 9 seconds isnt too slow? well there ways around that too:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

who's leaving?

who's leaving?

Stevexo ? hows your first day back?

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I agree, or else just dont leave!:(:(
    if i can find a job and somewhere to stay i wont go anywhere
    who's leaving?
    MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happened to your contract that started last Monday?

• Advertisement

Stevexo ? hows your first day back?

grand actually, went to east village last night they had a BBQ on which was free and had a few pints! then went home watched desperate housewives and went to bed..im still in my PJs :cool:

work tonight though,i don't mind.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What happened to your contract that started last Monday?
    its ending in 4 weeks from tomorrow

9 seconds 0-60! I believe Fred Flintstone's car had similar performance....

9 seconds to 60 slow for a 2.0 diesel in a saloon, yeah ;)

9 seconds to 60 slow for a 2.0 diesel in a saloon, yeah ;)
    Yeah I agree, it's slow, especially considering the K-Series 1.4 can get from 0 to 60 in 9.8 -10seconds :) Must rev it to **** but it's a rev happy engine so all is good!

Yeah I agree, it's slow, especially considering the K-Series 1.4 can get from 0 to 60 in 9.8 -10seconds :) Must rev it to **** but it's a rev happy engine so all is good!

I was being sarcastic :)
    I don't reckon 9 seconds to 60 in a saloon is slow for a 2.0 diesel to be honest.

BTW, is your ZS a 1.4 ?

• Advertisement

I don't reckon 9 seconds to 60 in a saloon is slow for a 2.0 diesel to be honest.

BTW, is your ZS a 1.4 ?
    I guess diesels are a whole different thing alright. I've no experience driving them. Ya it is unfort. Thats why I want to get rid of it. Changing engine would just cause trouble with insurance me thinks.

I guess diesels are a whole different thing alright. I've no experience driving them. Ya it is unfort. Thats why I want to get rid of it. Changing engine would just cause trouble with insurance me thinks.

the 320's feel very fast, especially when the turbo kicks in.. its been couple of years since I drove anything petrol but I remember you need to rev them higher to get up to road speed. the diesel will pull away in 5th from 60kmph! give me a shout if you want to try mine anytime.. open insurance ftw:D

the 320's feel very fast, especially when the turbo kicks in.. its been couple of years since I drove anything petrol but I remember you need to rev them higher to get up to road speed. the diesel will pull away in 5th from 60kmph! give me a shout if you want to try mine anytime.. open insurance ftw:D
    Cool thanks. I've Open insurance alright so might give it a try :D So it was the 04's that were dodgy. They seem to be the ones going cheaper alright.

I had two Rovers with the 1.4 K, one was SPi the other MPi, the Coupe at home has the 1.6. It isn't any quicker to 60 I reckon but the torque is better, also does 120mph, just.

0 to 60 isn't a great way of measuring a diesels virture, 50 to 70 in top or 30 to 70 through gears shows their strong points.

grand actually, went to east village last night they had a BBQ on which was free and had a few pints! then went home watched desperate housewives and went to bed..im still in my PJs :cool:

work tonight though,i don't mind.

Im working too tonight.. That bbq in east village sounds good, anything free is:D
    So I see you had a ball in london you lucky duck!
    if i can find a job and somewhere to stay i wont go anywhere
    All my fingers n toes are crossed for you. But if you do go, we will be having boards meets wherever you are.;)

All my fingers n toes are crossed for you. But if you do go, we will be having boards meets wherever you are.;)

+1 good idea:D

this day is really dragging.. enough work now I think:D

+1 good idea:D

this day is really dragging.. enough work now I think:D

God I hate mondays when Im on days!! just think, no work next monday:D

God I hate mondays when Im on days!! just think, no work next monday:D

or Tuesday :):):D

Cool,so what is happening next weekend?

Cool,so what is happening next weekend?

What would you like to happen??
    I was pushing for karaoke in Mardyke on fri, but I got blown out I think. Most want to go but not take part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I think my kittens are a bit lacking upstairs, they're not very intelligent >.<

What would you like to happen??
    I was pushing for karaoke in Mardyke on fri, but I got blown out I think. Most want to go but not take part.

I'd be up for that, if it's nice weather I might have a BBQ.. Other than that I don't have any other bright ideas!

I think my kittens are a bit lacking upstairs, they're not very intelligent >.<

What are they at or what they doing to each other :pac:
    I'd be up for that, if it's nice weather I might have a BBQ.. Other than that I don't have any other bright ideas!

A BBQ might be nice alright. Fingers crossed. I'll bring lots of meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

BTW, is your ZS a 1.4 ?

i assume ur talking about 60 kmph not 60 mph:P In this case it sounds ok...
    I had a really old car a while ago and i made it 0 to 100 kmph in 18 seconds at its best, lmao... my excuse is that the car was realllly old!
    i don't know what was 0 to 60 tho, never tried, i always only measured the 0 to 100

kart wrote: »
    i assume ur talking about 60 kmph not 60 mph:P In this case it sounds ok...
    I had a really old car a while ago and i made it 0 to 100 kmph in 18 seconds at its best, lmao... my excuse is that the car was realllly old!
    i don't know what was 0 to 60 tho, never tried, i always only measured the 0 to 100
    Yep we talking 0 - 60mph. Or 0 - 100kph.

I don't want to leave work because I don't want to run to the car in this rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Yep we talking 0 - 60mph. Or 0 - 100kph.

I don't want to leave work because I don't want to run to the car in this rain

dont leave then:)

well in this case 0-60mph with 9 seconds is like super good..why u all saying it is slow? I mean... even at the racing competitions in airports the best '79 camaros get 8 seconds usually... So HOW did u guys get 9 seconds with ur usual cars ? Im gobsmacked...

kart wrote: »
    dont leave then:)

well in this case 0-60mph with 9 seconds is like super good..why u all saying it is slow? I mean... even at the racing competitions in airports the best '79 camaros get 8 seconds usually... So HOW did u guys get 9 seconds with ur usual cars ? Im gobsmacked...
    I dunno ha :P I guess it isn't that slow really :pac: - I don't like driving slow though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

stupid weather.

deRanged wrote: »
    stupid weather.
    Yeah it's disgraceful. The office is full and its 6pm!

On the other hand, I work better when the weather is bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I got wet walking home. I may have to start driving to work, though I really don't want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement