Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I dunno ha :P I guess it isn't that slow really :pac: - I don't like driving slow though

me neither.. well I dont always drive fast but Its nice to be able to have some power there if in the mood:D
    deRanged wrote: »
    stupid weather.

Im catching up on some boring paper work.. not much else to do:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Just remembered it's a bank holiday this weekend & I have to work all of it. :(

ok peeps, anyone up for playing airsoft on Thursday night!? Oeb's idea.. and a good one I think:D more info @ http://munsterairsoft.com/cqb.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

This is one of those evenings where being a dog owner isn't so great.
    Though I must confess that I did go splashing through the puddles in my wellies.
    the dog wasn't so impressed with me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ya, its pretty crap. It started to rain just as I was leaving work to round off a crap day :rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

looks like i wont be around this weekend either...

stevexo wrote: »
    looks like i wont be around this weekend either...

me neither.. Thursday is only night i'm around .. maybe Sunday nite too though.

you heading home for some driving practice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

corkcomp wrote: »
    you heading home for some driving practice?
    yeah and this time with the offers i might leave the car in cork :D

stevexo wrote: »
    yeah and this time with the offers i might leave the car in cork :D

you should.. let me know if ya need parking, can do no prob.. but it will be a bit far out though!

kart wrote: »
    i assume ur talking about 60 kmph not 60 mph:P In this case it sounds ok...
    I had a really old car a while ago and i made it 0 to 100 kmph in 18 seconds at its best, lmao... my excuse is that the car was realllly old!
    i don't know what was 0 to 60 tho, never tried, i always only measured the 0 to 100

I'm on about 0 to 60 mph
    dont leave then:)

well in this case 0-60mph with 9 seconds is like super good..why u all saying it is slow? I mean... even at the racing competitions in airports the best '79 camaros get 8 seconds usually... So HOW did u guys get 9 seconds with ur usual cars ? Im gobsmacked...

I was saying it was not too bad for a diesel saloon :)
    Most modern 2.0 turbo diesels would be there or there abouts, normal 2.0 petrol cars from the early 90s would all be too. A standard 79 Camero isn't too fast to be honest, big torquey ole lumps with p1ss poor bhp per litre is the way American cars are, tuned with a supercharger they would go well though. The ones in the comps you were at were either standard if they were doing 9 secs 0-60s (doubt they'd have a show of that tbh) or highly tuned ones doing 9 second 1/4 miles which I reckon is the more likely :)

Just an idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'm on about 0 to 60 mph

I was saying it was not too bad for a diesel saloon :)
    Most modern 2.0 turbo diesels would be there or there abouts, normal 2.0 petrol cars from the early 90s would all be too. A standard 79 Camero isn't too fast to be honest, big torquey ole lumps with p1ss poor bhp per litre is the way American cars are, tuned with a supercharger they would go well though. The ones in the comps you were at were either standard if they were doing 9 secs 0-60s (doubt they'd have a show of that tbh) or highly tuned ones doing 9 second 1/4 miles which I reckon is the more likely :)

Just an idea though.

Yup, thats what it was 1/4 miles not 0-60. Bad memory lol...it was years ago when i was interested of all that... getting old is not a pleasure - my memory isn't the same anymore.
    But yea, they were the highly tuned ones, ooowwwww i loved those nites at airport grounds... after leaving the show we used to try our own old tired cheapo cars on the roads...MMMMMMMMM

Yup, thats what it was 1/4 miles not 0-60. Bad memory lol...it was years ago when i was interested of all that...

back when 9 seconds would qualify for formula one:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

back when 9 seconds would qualify for formula one:pac:

yup, back then, rofl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

ok peeps, anyone up for playing airsoft on Thursday night!? Oeb's idea.. and a good one I think:D more info @ http://munsterairsoft.com/cqb.asp
    unfortuantely I'm not around at all this week so count me out... pity i would love to try this! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Would love airsoft too but am playing soccer on Thursdays and Fridays for the next few weeks :(

The only real probs were turbo related, which could be serious alright.. the 150 BHP 02 - late 04 are the ones to watch..

[really late reply]His turbo did go, but he also had problems with his suspension and bearings. Another guy in work has one too and has had nothing but problems. His turbo didn't go - just both front shocks, both rear wheel bearings and the cat.

I was telling myself I was willing to live with the (admitedly not so bad) performance but the build quality scared me off. That and they're so common I'd probably lose it in the sea of beamers in any given car park.... [/really late reply]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just back from Rec 2 @ Mahon point. Was okish... I never saw Rec 1 :( - Supposed to be almost the same anyways.

Anything strange happening with people tonight?

Just back from Rec 2 @ Mahon point. Was okish... I never saw Rec 1 :( - Supposed to be almost the same anyways.

The original Rec is brilliant, as far as I know REC 2 is a direct follow on from it.

mudokon wrote: »
    The original Rec is brilliant, as far as I know REC 2 is a direct follow on from it.
    Yep the lads saw Rec 1 and its a direct follow on alright. It's something different I guess. Enjoyed it ne ways.

I'll have to see it, it has had some good reviews. maybe it'll come to the gate soon.

I'll have to see it, it has had some good reviews. maybe it'll come to the gate soon.
    I'd go see it again if ye heading to it. If want lift to mahon or anything let me know. Not up to much these evenings :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd go see it again if ye heading to it. If want lift to mahon or anything let me know. Not up to much these evenings :pac:

It must be fairly decent if you'd go & see it twice. :) That would be good, I could only make tomorrow or Wednesday. Either time would suit me.

It must be fairly decent if you'd go & see it twice. :) That would be good, I could only make tomorrow or Wednesday. Either time would suit me.
    I just go to get out of house really. I didn't think it was spectacular, just something a bit different. Sure let me know, I'll be up for ne thing anyways

I just go to get out of house really. I didn't think it was spectacular, just something a bit different. Sure let me know, I'll be up for ne thing anyways

If you'd rather see something else then I wouldnt mind, couple of things look interesting at Mahon Point unless you have seen them already.

The Losers or Cop Out look good fun.

I haven't seen any of them. I'll watch anything really. I'm not fussy :pac:

Damn it's hard work trying to get you to make a decision. :pac:

I think The Losers looks the best so if we say Wednesday for the 9:15 showing at Mahon Point. Gives some others the chance to come along if they want. :D

I'll pm you my number & we can arrange a time if you dont mind giving me a lift.

Damn it's hard work trying to get you to make a decision. :pac:

I think The Losers looks the best so if we say Wednesday for the 9:15 showing at Mahon Point. Gives some others the chance to come along if they want. :D

I'll pm you my number & we can arrange a time if you dont mind giving me a lift.
    I'm a awful decision maker as you may have noticed in other posts!

Losers sounds good. Sure let me know anyways. More might follow that night

I'm a awful decision maker as you may have noticed in other posts!

Ha ha, yeah I did guess that. :P

[really late reply]His turbo did go, but he also had problems with his suspension and bearings. Another guy in work has one too and has had nothing but problems. His turbo didn't go - just both front shocks, both rear wheel bearings and the cat.

I was telling myself I was willing to live with the (admitedly not so bad) performance but the build quality scared me off. That and they're so common I'd probably lose it in the sea of beamers in any given car park.... [/really late reply]

Shocks and wheel bearings are prone to wear, wouldn't hold that against the car, you don't need cat on a diesel, so when they go just take off the cat and batter the inards out of it and out it back on ;)
    Won't result in a fail for the NCT :)

• Advertisement

.......... back to the chit chat :)
    Got a letter off the revenue folks today, unexpected €€€€s for RoverJames, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :cool:
    (nothing lifechanging but still nice as 'twas unexpected)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

F

You spying on that?

Yessums.

Foolish Felines?

Furr?

• Advertisement

Can't make this. looks fun though.

F

You never told us about the C, unless I was right ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    You never told us about the C, unless I was right ;)

Yes i did! Look at the post where i called you a perv.

White writing for the win.

Yes i did! Look at the post where i called you a perv.

White writing for the win.

Class :cool:
    I was right :D
    You're a pretty cool lady it must be said :)

Speaking of pretty cool ladies where is Ms NoDice these days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Anybody there... :D

• Advertisement

Anybody there... :D

Morning Miss :D How are you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I'm ok..for now!! Trying to pass this nightshift without being too bored!

How's the kittens? My friends cat had kittens a few weeks back, so tempted to take one

I'm ok..for now!! Trying to pass this nightshift without being too bored!

How's the kittens? My friends cat had kittens a few weeks back, so tempted to take one

They're doing good and growing quickly, but they're not the brightest sparks.

You should take one! They'e adorable!!
    And cuddlicious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Morning folks!

They're doing good and growing quickly, but they're not the brightest sparks.
    They still young, babies aren't the brightest sparks either until they about 18 - 20 :p
    oeb wrote: »
    Morning folks!
    Morning! Some change today from yesterday. I'm in early for a change :pac:

oeb wrote: »
    Morning folks!

Morning oeb :D How are you today?
    They still young, babies aren't the brightest sparks either until they about 18 - 20 :p

So I'm at my peak right now? Sweet!:pac:

So I'm at my peak right now? Sweet!:pac:
    Nah you've a bit more to go yet ha

Nah you've a bit more to go yet ha

But im 18-20 dammit!! :pac::o

My toes just got LICKED, it's not a nice feeling :mad:

But im 18-20 dammit!! :pac::o

My toes just got LICKED, it's not a nice feeling :mad:
    You're a special case. You've many years left :pac:

The cats? - some people would do anything for their toes to be licked....not me though..

You're a special case. You've many years left :pac:

The cats? - some people would do anything for their toes to be licked....not me though..

Don't tell methat im special haha

Donal we know yu have a massive foot fetish, it's okay :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement