Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Illkillya wrote: »
    Ouch... I don't want to know what that is in the sink.
    Don't ask me, I don't know :(
    Couldn't enter that place anymore...I just let u immagine the smell coming out of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I hope u'll post it here later, Vinta :)

Anyway...
    Some of you will certainly remember me venting about how bad my (ex!) housemates were...
    Some of you maybe thought I was exaggerating the whole thing, some said "name and shame" and some other said "pictures or GTFO"...
    Here it comes:
    I won't name their names (they wouldn't make any sense to you anyway and I am a lady like that), about the shame: they NEVER cleaned around in 2 months that I was living with them (4 of them), nothing, ever. They used to wash their dishes, but not always and the pots could stay on the sink waiting to be washed for days (except that I needed them and got to wash them and then I was to shy to just leave them dirty on the sink again, stupid me), they won't empty the washing machine for days after they used it, they used to cook fried and oily food for hours without opening the kitchen window or using the kitchen aspirator, they would smoke inside the house (in fairness they would open the windows, after...and leave them open a whole night, often...doh!), the would chitchat the night away in the room just beside mine instead of going downstairs in the living room, perfectly knowing that (thanks to a wooden wall) I could hear them like they were in my room (I dunno how I remained sane and didn't kick their arses), they would very often leave lights on and half loose dripping faucets, in no matter what room...can't think of anything else, I feel the rage coming up again, BUT...I also got pictures, mind that the cleaning schedule (lol) was: me cleaning around during the w-e, everywhere except the small toilet that I started to refuse to use anyway (too disgusting)...enjoy! (ATTENTION ---> click just if u have a good stomach and sorry if some of them are "upsidedown sorta", darn imageshack, but u'll get the idea anyway):

http://img7.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=awwww014.jpg

Edit: the water in the small toilet was open cause I didn't want for them to hear me taking pics...lol
    And...Do some of you guys remember me going on about one of my housemates knocking at my door at 4.30 am to talk to me? It was because he wanted me as a partner in opening a food place :eek: I mean...can u see how he used to keep the kitchen clean? He wanted for me to be his "name" since he was from outside Europe and needed me for legal reasons...LOL (at 4.30 in the morning, anyway...)
    You think that is bad! Come live with some students on college road!

I myself though can't use anything without having to clean it after even if fork. Paronoid of what people think of me. My room now, that is fairly messy.

Webmonkey wrote: »

I myself though can't use anything without having to clean it after even if fork. Paronoid of what people think of me. My room now, that is fairly messy.

Did u read my description or just checked the pics? ^_^
    I lived with a crazy irish student (love u Jonny), but, at least, when he tried to wake me up at 3 am was to offer me some good irish nocturnal breakfast... :D

Did u read my description or just checked the pics? ^_^
    I lived with a crazy irish student (love u Jonny), but, at least, when he tried to wake me up at 3 am was to offer me some good irish nocturnal breakfast... :D
    Ah yes, pictures bad in that context so :p

Ah yes, pictures bad in that context so :p

LOL...TY for the empathy, Sir :D

Nighty Nite ^_^

• Advertisement

Hey Im just wondering what times stores close this evening like clothes stores.

I noticed no late shopping Thursdays anymore, I need to get something this evening but I am stuck in college working on crap. Any ideas?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hey Im just wondering what times stores close this evening like clothes stores.

I noticed no late shopping Thursdays anymore, I need to get something this evening but I am stuck in college working on crap. Any ideas?

Cheers.

I think they close at 9pm on a Friday....not 100% sure....I know a lot of shops stay open until then....What shop is it?

M&S and those places, Dunnes, the shopping mall

Thansk!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

M&S and those places, Dunnes, the shopping mall

Thansk!

Yup pretty sure it is 9 :)

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Oh god yeah. I don't think a clean house exists on this road. I'm hiding from a rat right now (wish I was joking, but I'm not. We have rats. You'd think this would make us clean up a bit, but nah).

• Advertisement

Oh god yeah. I don't think a clean house exists on this road. I'm hiding from a rat right now (wish I was joking, but I'm not. We have rats. You'd think this would make us clean up a bit, but nah).
    We had rats too once upon a time, seem regular thing! - I'm on barracks st. now and living with a friend and things bit better tho fridge has given up :( - student life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

We had rats too once upon a time, seem regular thing! - I'm on barracks st. now and living with a friend and things bit better tho fridge has given up :( - student life!

The attics all connect into each other on one side of the road, so I'd imagine if one place gets rodents of any sort the other houses get them pretty quickly as well :( It's such fun living here, but...let's just say I won't be too upset to move out

The attics all connect into each other on one side of the road, so I'd imagine if one place gets rodents of any sort the other houses get them pretty quickly as well :( It's such fun living here, but...let's just say I won't be too upset to move out
    Yeah things spread quick there :) Its fun alright, I lived 3 years in college road, near gilaby, then across road in college square, then up in some posh area where I didn't like. Everyone seemed to think they so important!. I miss it though, still drive past. Things so boring in Barriaks st! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Sunday <3 A lazy day with the phone off I think :) Late night last night! So, today I'm gonna lounge in my pjs, maybe sort out the wardrobe and just drink lots and lots of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Sunday <3 A lazy day with the phone off I think :) Late night last night! So, today I'm gonna lounge in my pjs, maybe sort out the wardrobe and just drink lots and lots of tea!

Heyy stop copying me!! :-P

Just back from Dingle...sooooooo beautiful! :eek:
    (and guess what, I can be a real eijit :\)

Have a good lazy sunday ladies, going for a lesson soon.

Just back from Dingle...sooooooo beautiful! :eek:
    (and guess what, I can be a real eijit :\)

Have a good lazy sunday ladies, going for a lesson soon.
    That's where my mom from and my grandmother back there (well was)... its nice enough but I hate it cause reminds me so much of those boring days spent back there with nothing to do. I'm not a seaside guy :P

Heyy stop copying me!! :-P

:( I've just found a cd my mum got my Dad, 96fm wind ups? I just put it on my itunes omg I'm dying. The Cork people are so funny, all this swearing lol :D

Answering to WebMonkey (I should learn quoting...lol):

I am a seaside person, instead :)
    And Inch beach was OMG!
    But I can understand your feeling of loooong boring afternoons, if u don't like quiet places a lot.

Answering to WebMonkey (I should learn quoting...lol):

I am a seaside person, instead :)
    And Inch beach was OMG!
    But I can understand your feeling of loooong boring afternoons, if u don't like quiet places a lot.
    I'd be back in Ballydavid mainly, it after Dingle town. You know Dáithí Ó Sé, well Mom's cousins with him. Neighbours too. Where he comes from. Mom speaks Irish still full time to her sisters and brothers... Me I can't speak a word of it still! Don't want to either haha.
    Inch is crazy spot, very dangerous though that road, well not so bad anymore...but years ago if you'd have a crash, good chance going off into the sea!

• Advertisement

:( I've just found a cd my mum got my Dad, 96fm wind ups? I just put it on my itunes omg I'm dying. The Cork people are so funny, all this swearing lol :D
    LOL...I can immagine.

The Kerry accent was funny too, anyway :D

I'd be back in Ballydavid mainly, it after Dingle town. Inch is crazy spot, very dangerous though that road, well not so bad anymore...but years ago if you'd have a crash, good chance going off into the sea!
    Yeah, a part of the road looked tricky allright, beautiful if you are no the driving one, though.

Yes, I still can't understand most Kerry accents, especially down in a place called Killorgan?? Oh it's very strong!

I've been to inch beach, it's gorgeous!

Yes, I still can't understand most Kerry accents, especially down in a place called Killorgan?? Oh it's very strong!

I had some problems understanding an old man in an old (but very cute) shop in Killarney but it's true that it was kind of nice/funny accent to listen at ^_^

hmm when you can understand them at least lol.

Haha i love them wind ups,especially the americans. Well so much for my lazy day,there's three street kids in my house and a rotweiler puppy!!

I love kerry!!go kerry!! Love inch although they kind of ruined it with the stones,i used to go crab hunting there but now i can't :-( still a nice beach though!

I love kerry!!go kerry!! Love inch although they kind of ruined it with the stones,i used to go crab hunting there but now i can't :-( still a nice beach though!

Crab hunting! :eek: Me wantz!

Street kids? Random.

I know my lazy day is turning into a wardrobe clear out - went shopping Friday and bought an obscene amount of clothes :( So, my new rule is throw something away for each new item!

• Advertisement

Crab hunting! :eek: Me wantz!

I wantz too but now i will have to find a new place or scrap that idea,my dad,his friend and my brother usually organises sea fishing every year off dingle,maybe we can tag along. I love fishing! Will you try it?!! They also do the pigeon disk shooting thing too (brother came 1st last year so proud) maybe i'm getting too enthusiastic for the summer.. Shame the sun can't be either grrr!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement