Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

dangerous :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

dangerous :O
    ha yeah. Shouldn't you be down on grand parade now :pac:

Not going to parade,going to post parade drinks :P

Not going to parade,going to post parade drinks :P
    That will be the most fun part anyways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Webmonkey wrote: »
    That will be the most fun part anyways :pac:

Lol exactly! I'm driving around with past hour and totally lost , I'm in no rush finding where I'm meant to be picking up trailer, nice day for killing time :D

corkcomp wrote: »
    Lol exactly! I'm driving around with past hour and totally lost , I'm in no rush finding where I'm meant to be picking up trailer, nice day for killing time :D
    Keep your eyes on the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

It's too dangerous to spill even if I had beans! :pac: We cannot talk about it :p

haha. Suicide Aware will be very thankful though.. cheers lads!

So who is out tonight? Dunno if Im able at the mo, just sat down for first time today..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

So who is up for a BBQ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

Cadyboo wrote: »
    So who is out tonight?
    whats the plan folks?

• Advertisement

So who is up for a BBQ ?
    me. when? this evening? tomorrow?

stevexo wrote: »
    me. when? this evening? tomorrow?

Yeap.I finish work at 8.could meet ye in town and head to home!?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I can do a taxi service to our house for anyone who wants :D :pac:

So who is up for a BBQ ?

Friend just rang asked me to go out!! Wanna go bbq though, but cant let her down.
    Thanks anyway misses:)

Would love to go but not around :-( anyone hav any plans 2 head out tomorrow nite?

Would love to go but not around :-( anyone hav any plans 2 head out tomorrow nite?
    yes, so far plan is drink

• Advertisement

yes, so far plan is drink

Sounds good to me, off Monday so going mad sounds like a good idea :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

So who is up for a BBQ ?

I can't make tonight either, have to work in the morning. plus I have eaten 3 meals today a 4th might be a little overkill. ;-)

I might be tempted, it'd be the first day when I have been out when I haven't had to get up in the morning. :-D Sorry for all the double posts, I can't multi-quote. :-(

mudokon wrote: »
    I might be tempted, it'd be the first day when I have been out when I haven't had to get up in the morning. :-D Sorry for all the double posts, I can't multi-quote. :-(
    I might be going back to Killarney tomorrow evening but I'll see.

On a totally different topic, anyone know where I'd get an american to Irish plug adapter? - or alternatively, where I'd purchase a normal 3 pin plug this evening?

B&Q or woodies will still be open anyway..

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    B&Q or woodies will still be open anyway..
    Where they? What time they close I wonder

Where they? What time they close I wonder

B&Q is in Mahon, There's a Woodies in Wilton I think.

Cheers. I think they be closed now but I'll drive out and see sure =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

On a totally different topic, anyone know where I'd get an american to Irish plug adapter? - or alternatively, where I'd purchase a normal 3 pin plug this evening?

you'd get the plug in any Tesco.

That crossed my mind too. Thanks

That crossed my mind too. Thanks
    take the plug off your kettle or somehting

Dunnes should have them, in the clothes section by the suitcases

B&Q open till 8 anyway

take the plug off your kettle or somehting

LOL +1 though :-) or tesco as mentioned or you could always stick a match stick into the top earth pin and the wires straight into the wall

LOL +1 though :-) or tesco as mentioned or you could always stick a match stick into the top earth pin and the wires straight into the wall
    I stick spoons in there but unfort the american one isn't the European one =)

Just realised it doesn't matter anyways, I left something at CIT and now its all locked up until tuesday. Had so much planned..can still do some of it though

• Advertisement

I stick spoons in there but unfort the american one isn't the European one =)

Just realised it doesn't matter anyways, I left something at CIT and now its all locked up until tuesday. Had so much planned..can still do some of it though

spoons? :eek: you sound like one of the people who stick bolts into plugs to stop having to replace blown fuses:D:P I have 14amp power washer and its always great fun

spoons? :eek: you sound like one of the people who stick bolts into plugs to stop having to replace blown fuses:D:P I have 14amp power washer and its always great fun
    Ah sure the earth do nothing to you :D - reminds me of the time we stuck wires wraped around plastic into the mains in primary school. Blue the whole school out, ESB around and all. We were so innocent we thought it was a coincidence that computers and lights went off. That was until we were made stand the next morning saying something happened on the socket behind our desk :pac:

Ah sure the earth do nothing to you :D - reminds me of the time we stuck wires wraped around plastic into the mains in primary school. Blue the whole school out, ESB around and all. We were so innocent we thought it was a coincidence that computers and lights went off. That was until we were made stand the next morning saying something happened on the socket behind our desk :pac:

ROFL:D Ive seen something similar before junior cert irish aural a guy joined wires in an empy plug and plugged it in.. old school with stone age wiring so the whole place went out.. waste of time though cos they got a battery cassette player:(

ROFL:D Ive seen something similar before junior cert irish aural a guy joined wires in an empy plug and plugged it in.. old school with stone age wiring so the whole place went out.. waste of time though cos they got a battery cassette player:(
    We used to always take the fuse out of the plug with our French teacher. She could never understand why the tape wouldn't turn on. I hope she not on here.

I done lots of stupid stuff in my day. During a basket ball match in the gym, I threw a basket ball at the alarm sensor and the alarm went off. It was deafening. I got head eaten off then :( Unfort they couldn't turn it off as nobody knew the code so they just cut the wires. It was useful to know that a year later for something else ;)

they just cut the wires. It was useful to know that a year later for something else ;)

ummm, I wont ask:D we got a new alarm panel at home last year and I decided to fit it myself, sure how hard could it be? I thought if I took out every wire and the battery id be ok.. I didnt know there was another battery in the bell box on the side of house.. It was sounding ALL night.. had to get a friend with a jcb the next day to get up to it :o:D

ummm, I wont ask:D we got a new alarm panel at home last year and I decided to fit it myself, sure how hard could it be? I thought if I took out every wire and the battery id be ok.. I didnt know there was another battery in the bell box on the side of house.. It was sounding ALL night.. had to get a friend with a jcb the next day to get up to it :o:D
    haha, they can be annoying alright :D

We used go into a hall (with permission ;)) years back skateing and doing LAN parties haha. One evening we decided to go up in the attic (for no reason :-/) and found a phone wire so plugged it out. Little did we know it was connected to some eircom phone watch or something. Gardai appeared outside 10 minutes later. They asked if everythign was okay. We said "Yeahh...." even though we weren't supposed be there :pac:

I'm revealing too much now haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

:mad: Someone smashed in my b/f car window this evening!

On the plus side......

:) Were going on holidays tomorrow!

:mad: Someone smashed in my b/f car window this evening!

On the plus side......

:) Were going on holidays tomorrow!
    Just happened one of my friends' car as well :( - it's sick

haha, they can be annoying alright :D

We used go into a hall (with permission ;)) years back skateing and doing LAN parties haha. One evening we decided to go up in the attic (for no reason :-/) and found a phone wire so plugged it out. Little did we know it was connected to some eircom phone watch or something. Gardai appeared outside 10 minutes later. They asked if everythign was okay. We said "Yeahh...." even though we weren't supposed be there :pac:

I'm revealing too much now haha

LOL that says more about guards than anyone.. im not a fan of theirs anymore.. had few drunken people crash into me a while back and the guards were more worried about my tax and ins disks than the guys falling around the road.. I couldnt believe it tbh:rolleyes:

edit: thats terrible about the car window.. hope nothing was taken? eventhough it looks like people just do it for kicks rather than to steal anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

edit: thats terrible about the car window.. hope nothing was taken? eventhough it looks like people just do it for kicks rather than to steal anything

Thankfully we had cleared out the car about an hour before hand because of going on holidays tomorrow!

LOL that says more about guards than anyone.. im not a fan of theirs anymore.. had few drunken people crash into me a while back and the guards were more worried about my tax and ins disks than the guys falling around the road.. I couldnt believe it tbh:rolleyes:

Yeah they not the best at times :-/ - I think you mentioned that story to me one night alright. Disaster :(

Thankfully we had cleared out the car about an hour before hand because of going on holidays tomorrow!

thats something at least.. still very annoying though that some f****r would do that to someone elses car.. I only show violent tendancies if either my car or laptop are under threat:D

steveo likes to wear my pink top and hide under my table...

Morninggg :D:D:D

it iz nice under the table. that top was meant for mik d man

• Advertisement

And we're still up!!!

And we're still up!!!

you are hiding behind the couch!

Morning, :-) got to work & the computer system is down. Not likely to be fixed till 5pm. Good job I brought my DS with me. :-D

mudokon wrote: »
    Morning, :-) got to work & the computer system is down. Not likely to be fixed till 5pm. Good job I brought my DS with me. :-D

I'm so happy I'm off :D

I'm so happy I'm off :D

I get the feeling I may take a half day. :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement