Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What a depressing morning...up late, go to Maplin in Blackpool to discover they don't have what I want, get a coffee and walking into office, slip on curve and spill coffee over me.

Going to be a fun day I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Thanks RJ! Ya glad to be back, near finished two full games sitting on my ass at home doing nothing! :)

Ha I hate spilling hot drinks, happens alot to me I'm so clumsy!

Spilled a full cup of tea on my office phone which went a bit nutty after I did it. Called IT who asked if there was sugar in my tea and when I said how many sugars it had they came straight down with a black bag and took it away!! Something to do with the sugar having an acidic reaction with whatevers in the office phones??? :o:rolleyes:

NoDice wrote: »
    Thanks RJ! Ya glad to be back, near finished two full games sitting on my ass at home doing nothing! :)

Ha I hate spilling hot drinks, happens alot to me I'm so clumsy!

Spilled a full cup of tea on my office phone which went a bit nutty after I did it. Called IT who asked if there was sugar in my tea and when I said how many sugars it had they came straight down with a black bag and took it away!! Something to do with the sugar having an acidic reaction with whatevers in the office phones??? :o:rolleyes:
    Infairness I hardly ever spill anything haha, ah it was latte so not that hot ne ways :D

Haven't seen you in while, good see some of the old thread people back. What you up to these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

So how many sugars was it? That post makes it sound like a lot. :pac:

Iirc correctly Ms NoDice has a aweet tooth, I would reckon 4 or 5 sugars.

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    So how many sugars was it? That post makes it sound like a lot. :pac:

About 11 or 12.... I know I know!!! :o:o:o
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Infairness I hardly ever spill anything haha, ah it was latte so not that hot ne ways :D

Haven't seen you in while, good see some of the old thread people back. What you up to these days

Been sick at home dude. Got to catch up with a few games I never finished though. ;) Course I realised I needed money for a move soon so had to pick up and get my ass back to work. :rolleyes:
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Iirc correctly Ms NoDice has a aweet tooth, I would reckon 4 or 5 sugars.

Yes a sweet tooth is an understatement I think, :o I've actually cut down to 5 in a cuppa now though which is going fine! And I've stopped putting sugar on my sugar puffs too. It's going good! :)

........waits for people to freak out at my sugar intake... :o:(

What does iirc stand for?? Sorry! :o

About 11 or 12.... I know I know!!! :o:o:o

:eek: good to know though if I ever want to mess up the phone at work. :pac: I bet you get xmas cards from your dentist.

What does iirc stand for?? Sorry! :o

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iirc :D
    welcome back ;)

Yes a sweet tooth is an understatement I think, :o I've actually cut down to 5 in a cuppa now though which is going fine! And I've stopped putting sugar on my sugar puffs too. It's going good! :)

I recently noticed that in the like of a Latte or a Mocha (no, I'm not bent :D) when I don't add any sugar it doesn't effect the taste. Now I couldn't attempt to drink tea without a spoon or two of sugar.

• Advertisement

Oh no I just noticed a huge flaw with something...uh oh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I love old Fallout Boy :D

I'd quite like to stab Sean Kingston. :mad:

How's everyone?

Had a 6 day long weekend myself, thinking about making it 7 :D:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

What a depressing morning...up late, go to Maplin in Blackpool to discover they don't have what I want, get a coffee and walking into office, slip on curve and spill coffee over me.

Going to be a fun day I'd say

oh no.. I hate those days.. mine isnt much better.. very clumsey today for some reason. every time I move stuff goes flying off my desk:confused:

........waits for people to freak out at my sugar intake... :o:(

:rolleyes::pac:
    :eek: good to know though if I ever want to mess up the phone at work. :pac: I bet you get xmas cards from your dentist.

LOL dont do that.. we have no money for new ones, mine is held together with insulating tape:(:mad:
    YO YO YO!

NoDice in da house!!! :D

hey. havnt seen you posting for ages, welcome back:):D

edit: Hi purple lemons.. how you?

corkcomp wrote: »
    oh no.. I hate those days.. mine isnt much better.. very clumsey today for some reason. every time I move stuff goes flying off my desk:confused:

Hey hows Corkcomp. Ha same as me so.

I literally want to cry now, just discovered something that's going to stress me to I dunno what.

Ha ha I was just saying to RJ actually in a pm that I still haven't been to el dentisto! No fillings yet! ;)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smartass

Ha ha!!

haha I love that Google thing alright :)

So whats the plan for the day Dice

Hey corkcomp and purple lemons. :)

I don't take sugar in my coffee strangely enough...

Feeling weak already and not due to finish until 5. :(

Hey hows Corkcomp. Ha same as me so.

I literally want to cry now, just discovered something that's going to stress me to I dunno what.

sure not too bad.. busy morning but I reckon I should have my work cleared ok by Friday so wont be stressed over the weekend:D

oh oh, doesnt sound good?

I don't take sugar in my coffee strangely enough...

Me neither, don't take milk in either coffee or tea either. But then I'm strange =)
    oh oh, doesnt sound good?

Not really haha. Ah if I just put my mind to it I'll sort the problem. It's just that a MAJOR deadline is coming up and I've been putting things off the last 2 months.

haha I love that Google thing alright :)

So whats the plan for the day Dice

Awh Webby sounds like you're having a bad day. :( Don't get too stressed out! You'll only spill and knock more things. I know this from years of experience. :)

Trying to just get through today rather than make a plan at the moment. Working till five but already feeling sick again. Thankfully it's quiet here though.

I take it you're working too today?

• Advertisement

Awh Webby sounds like you're having a bad day. :( Don't get too stressed out! You'll only spill and knock more things. I know this from years of experience. :)

Trying to just get through today rather than make a plan at the moment. Working till five but already feeling sick again. Thankfully it's quiet here though.

I take it you're working too today?

Aw, get well soon anyways. My stomach isn't too good from the remainder of my latte either haha.

Yep working =) - ah day won't be long going :pac:

LOL dont do that.. we have no money for new ones, mine is held together with insulating tape:(:mad:

Now you're are making it even more tempting. ;)
    I'd quite like to stab Sean Kingston. :mad:

Please do, I still havent forgiven him for ruining stand by me by Ben E King. :mad:

How are things?

Hey NoDice :D

Things are pretty good CorkComp :D:D How are you?

@ Mudokon he is an over-rated twat tbh. :(

Hows Lemons.

Mudokon, still up for cinema later?

Aw, get well soon anyways. My stomach isn't too good from the remainder of my latte either haha.

Yep working =) - ah day won't be long going :pac:

Thanks for the get well wishes! Fingers crossed anyway. Apparently loads of people are out with it and for a long time too.

Ha ha that latte only lasted you all morning! I call shenanigans!!!!!!! :p

Please do, I still havent forgiven him for ruining stand by me by Ben E King. :mad:

Oh ya I forgot about that. And who was that tosser (I've decided to start using this word cause I think it's funny) who ruined my fave song Tiny Dancer?? That upset me so much! Can you stab him too?

Good thanks Donal :D

Baby bro made me tea again :o:D He's such a sweetie :)

How are you? Apart from the mentioned ^^

Oh ya I forgot about that. And who was that tosser (I've decided to start using this word cause I think it's funny) who ruined my fave song Tiny Dancer?? That upset me so much! Can you stab him too?

Chipmunk an Ironik.
    They are on my hurt list as of now. :cool:

You're welcome! :pac:

Things are pretty good CorkComp :D:D How are you?

pretty good except anything I touch will break today so im sticking to desk work and catching up on a weeks emails:D
    Me neither, don't take milk in either coffee or tea either. But then I'm strange =)

Not really haha. Ah if I just put my mind to it I'll sort the problem. It's just that a MAJOR deadline is coming up and I've been putting things off the last 2 months.

Black coffee FTW:D no milk in tea doesnt sound nice at all though lol

hate deadlines but if i didnt have some dealine to work towards id put things off forever.. i've done it before:(
    Feeling weak already and not due to finish until 5. :(

nearly lunch time already.. only few hours then:)

Chipmunk an Ironik.
    They are on my hurt list as of now. :cool:

You're welcome! :pac:

Ya awesome kick his ass and let me know when it's done. *the following is to be read in russian evil person accent* I shall organise compensation for you young lady..

• Advertisement

pretty good except anything I touch will break today so im sticking to desk work and catching up on a weeks emails:D

Exact same corkcomp!! came in an hour early to get through all my emails from being off, and I was still at it an hour into my shift!! :rolleyes:

And yes it's lunch right now! :D

Oh btw lemons your sig is rocking!

Mudokon, still up for cinema later?

Yeah, should be doing productive stuff but I'm wasting the day on here so may as well continue with unproductivity. :cool:

Awhh :D

Yay for NoDice being back tbh :)

Awh thanks Lemons! Must go to one of these crazy meet ups so, haven't even been to the brog in a lifetime. Once I'm back up and running again I'll have to go! Haven't had a proper drink since April! Maybe thats why i'm sick now??? :eek:

Thanks for the get well wishes! Fingers crossed anyway. Apparently loads of people are out with it and for a long time too.

Ha ha that latte only lasted you all morning! I call shenanigans!!!!!!! :p
    Yeah coffees seem to last me 2 hours every morning. Terrible!
    Good thanks Donal :D

Baby bro made me tea again :o:D He's such a sweetie :)

How are you? Apart from the mentioned ^^

Lucky to have a brother like that ha. Anytime I asked for anything from my siblings I got told to fk up! haha.
    Ah I'm ok I guess...just one of those days, weeks, months haha :D

Black coffee FTW:D no milk in tea doesnt sound nice at all though lol

hate deadlines but if i didnt have some dealine to work towards id put things off forever.. i've done it before:(

I went for a extra long lunch, 1 hour 30 mins. Went for a drive to get food far away just to get away from this place :p
    Awh thanks Lemons! Must go to one of these crazy meet ups so, haven't even been to the brog in a lifetime. Once I'm back up and running again I'll have to go! Haven't had a proper drink since April! Maybe thats why i'm sick now??? :eek:

Yeah do come to them, good ole craic. I haven't met you yet, were you ever at one ha.

I was never at a beers, I'm a really shy person around people I don't know. And really crap at first impressions. Anytime I meet someone for the first time I tend to do something r-tarded. :rolleyes:

Will make an effort to hit one after I've everything sorted, just have alot going on atm. :(

Plus everyone here seems (SEEMS) super nice so I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

• Advertisement

I was never at a beers, I'm a really shy person around people I don't know. And really crap at first impressions. Anytime I meet someone for the first time I tend to do something r-tarded. :rolleyes:

Will make an effort to hit one after I've everything sorted, just have alot going on atm. :(

Plus everyone here seems (SEEMS) super nice so I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. :)
    Don't worry. I'm the same. I hate it because people never see the real me unless they spend a few months in my company so I know what you mean by first impressions :D

Sure come along some time. Lots new people come too.

I went for a extra long lunch, 1 hour 30 mins. Went for a drive to get food far away just to get away from this place :p

I wish I could go for a drive at lunchtime.. I really cant though cos I wouldnt bother coming back, i know myself too well:D:P

edit: +1 @NoDice .. make sure you do come to a meet up. everyone i've met is really sound and we are all normal.. well close enough to normal:pac:

I wish I could go for a drive at lunchtime.. I really cant though cos I wouldnt bother coming back, i know myself too well:D:P
    Only reason I came back was I would need to bring my laptop home ha

Don't worry. I'm the same. I hate it because people never see the real me unless they spend a few months in my company so I know what you mean by first impressions :D

Sure come along some time. Lots new people come too.

I think that's another one of my issues, I'd be really quiet and because I don't know anyone I'll clam up and not talk to anyone.. I'm a terrible person I know. So maybe I'll go to one of yer random brog nights and then hit a big scary meet up. :o

I think that's another one of my issues, I'd be really quiet and because I don't know anyone I'll clam up and not talk to anyone.. I'm a terrible person I know. So maybe I'll go to one of yer random brog nights and then hit a big scary meet up. :o
    Ah don't worry! Seriously...come along. If you like meet anyone earlier on before you go in let someone know, mightn't be as bad walking in on your own. It's nothing much really, everyone that came to one has gone to several since so it's all good :D

You a fan of the brog too ha. It's nice place but one thing is the pints are bit dodgy

• Advertisement

Ah don't worry! Seriously...come along. If you like meet anyone earlier on before you go in let someone know, mightn't be as bad walking in on your own. It's nothing much really, everyone that came to one has gone to several since so it's all good :D

You a fan of the brog too ha. It's nice place but one thing is the pints are bit dodgy

I'll be honest, the Brog is smelly and has dodgy pints but the atmosphere(from the customers!) is great and music is great too. Plus the pints are €3. :D Went every weekend in sixth year, spent near most of college in there and most evenings after work since. But haven't been there recently, I'd say since last summer really. Love to hassle the people going in with the bouncers. They're a good laugh! It's a comfort zone I guess! Nearly positive I've seen Papa L there going by pics here. Not sure though!

Ya I think you're right, I'd just need someone to walk in with, I'm a big 22 year old baby! :D

I'll be honest, the Brog is smelly and has dodgy pints but the atmosphere(from the customers!) is great and music is great too. Plus the pints are €3. :D Went every weekend in sixth year, spent near most of college in there and most evenings after work since. But haven't been there recently, I'd say since last summer really. Love to hassle the people going in with the bouncers. They're a good laugh! It's a comfort zone I guess! Nearly positive I've seen Papa L there going by pics here. Not sure though!

Ya I think you're right, I'd just need someone to walk in with, I'm a big 22 year old baby! :D

Yeah that's true but it still has a crazy crowd. We used go there a lot years back but then just stopped. Been there again a few times lately. There's no getting away the pints are dodgy. I feel dead the next morning if I drink a pint there. Is the upstairs still opened there? - I remember that steep stairs when drunk before, dodgy out haha.

Ah Papa L, haven't seen him a bit now - he suppose to be arranging a house party :p

Never again:rolleyes: bottles or shots from now on for me if im in the brog:D

@NoDice the meet ups seem to be moving away from huge formal meet ups to more random (and regular) meetups.. you should drop one of us a PM if you like to head out sometime.. I reckon a few of us will probably be meeting this Friday night.. once you know a few people it will be no big deal attending bigger meetup then:)

@NoDice the meet ups seem to be moving away from huge formal meet ups to more random (and regular) meetups.. you should drop one of us a PM if you like to head out sometime.. I reckon a few of us will probably be meeting this Friday night.. once you know a few people it will be no big deal attending bigger meetup then:)
    That is actually true alright. In one sense I think it's a shame that we don't have the big large ones anymore as it was something to look forward to. The regular ones have sort of spoiled things a little. Don't get me wrong they still great but the big ones were cool.

We should try get the big ones back, organize bowling trip or something. Or a Day event even, like that hill walking thing even. Maybe once a month?

You shouldnt worry about that, I'm pretty much the same especially when it comes to 1 on 1 conversations & I've been to loads of them now.

There'll always be someone willing to meet you outside even if you are turning up late. :)

The regular ones have sort of spoiled things a little.

They've certainly transformed this thread into the "unofficial meetup thread" :p

They've certainly transformed this thread into the "unofficial meetup thread" :p
    haha true :D Or the unofficial aftermath thread :p

Non attenders like me have to trawl through pages of it to find the chit chat and randomness, I hope I haven't missed any good shtuff :D

Non attenders like me have to trawl through pages of it to find the chit chat and randomness, I hope I haven't missed any good shtuff :D
    :pac: - some carrying ons alright in here.

Why don't you come along some time, both you and No Dice can come same time then it wouldn't be so bad for either of ye as both new.

I'm up for that but I won't be able to go I'd say till like July or something. Lol. I've doctor bills and then I'm moving in July so have to save for that.

Thing is about the random pints, I'd be up for that cause I might have 2 or 3 and head then, quick ones after work you know and then home before dinner. :)

I genuinely think this is the longest I've gone without drink. lol.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement