Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

NoDice wrote: »
    I'm up for that but I won't be able to go I'd say till like July or something. Lol. I've doctor bills and then I'm moving in July so have to save for that.

Thing is about the random pints, I'd be up for that cause I might have 2 or 3 and head then, quick ones after work you know and then home before dinner. :)

I genuinely think this is the longest I've gone without drink. lol.
    Aw docs can be expensive alright :( Unfort I'm in Germany the first half of July again. Hope I don't miss a big meet up!

Random pints happen about 3 times a week now haha. Feel free come to any. I've been drinking more than I ever did lately... I have to actually stop :pac:

Webmonkey wrote: »

Why don't you come along some timeQUOTE]

I'm very shy :)

RoverJames wrote: »

Why don't you come along some time

I'm very shy :)
    Me too, I'm incredibly shy. A lot of the others are a bit also! I wouldn't let that stop ya :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Ok so if I actually get paid on Friday (might not due to work not paying for sick days) I might head in for a few pints. :)

Ok so if I actually get paid on Friday (might not due to work not paying for sick days) I might head in for a few pints. :)
    Cool ha. I'll be around Friday I think but not Saturday. Think something happening Friday ne ways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Ya I think you're right, I'd just need someone to walk in with, I'm a big 22 year old baby! :D

any one of us would meet you outside first no probs:)
    That is actually true alright. In one sense I think it's a shame that we don't have the big large ones anymore as it was something to look forward to. The regular ones have sort of spoiled things a little. Don't get me wrong they still great but the big ones were cool.

We should try get the big ones back, organize bowling trip or something. Or a Day event even, like that hill walking thing even. Maybe once a month?

true.. eventhough if loads of people there sometimes its hard to get around to talking with everybody.. I think bowling would be a good idea alright.. its a good way to involve everybody and no doubt it will end in a marathon drinking session afterwards:D:pac:

do.. come in for one or two anyways so at least you will know a few of us before heading to bigger meet up

Who is going on Friday? Sounds good, promise I'll pop in if I get paid. :) But prob between half five and 8/9 maybe..

Who is going on Friday? Sounds good, promise I'll pop in if I get paid. :) But prob between half five and 8/9 maybe..
    I'll probably go I'd say anyways. Id say a few surely

I'll probably go I'd say anyways. Id say a few surely

Yeah I'm guessing a few can't hurt. And even if I don't get paid I'm sure I could muster 3 euros together to meet ye and for a bit of a chat. Gotta wean myself off fable.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Gotta wean myself off fable.. :o

Why would you want to do that, Fable is great. :D

I should be there anyway.. I wont be there anywhere near 5 though:D I need to be able to walk to find a taxi afterwards:pac: come and meet us anyway.. i will buy you a pint if you make it:D

Yeah I'm guessing a few can't hurt. And even if I don't get paid I'm sure I could muster 3 euros together to meet ye and for a bit of a chat. Gotta wean myself off fable.. :o

Yep won't hurt at all :D I not sure if I'll be able make as early as 5/6 though. Try 8. Why must you got at 8? :p
    mudokon wrote: »

Will you be joining us :D
    corkcomp wrote: »
    I should be there anyway.. I wont be there anywhere near 5 though:D I need to be able to walk to find a taxi afterwards:pac: come and meet us anyway.. i will buy you a pint if you make it:D

haha lazy. I'll prob go home to Kerry that day so be up a bit later myself.

haha lazy. I'll prob go home to Kerry that day so be up a bit later myself.

LOL I must walk home so some night to prove im not lazy:D I did it a few times before when I was in college and spent my €20 taxi money on beer:eek: good 2 hour brisk walk

Will you be joining us :D

Maybe for a little while, working Saturday morning. Won't be in town until around 9ish though.

Are you on for the cinema tonight, never got a response back from you earlier?

RoverJames is gonna be mad another 3 pages of meet up talk for him to wade through. :eek:

Maybe for a little while, working Saturday morning. Won't be in town until around 9ish though.

Are you on for the cinema tonight, never got a response back from you earlier?

RoverJames is gonna be mad another 3 pages of meet up talk for him to wade through. :eek:
    Did you text or something? - I must have missed your response. Can go alright I'd say. Be nice to get away from the laptop!

So 7pm it on yeah? - anyone else want to go?

• Advertisement

I didnt text, I replied on here earlier. I'll post it on the meet up thread. More chance of people reading it there with out pages to wade through. :pac:

Yep 7pm show.

I didnt text, I replied on here earlier. I'll post it on the meet up thread. More chance of people reading it there with out pages to wade through. :pac:

Yep 7pm show.
    Apologies. The thread has been fairly active so I missed it when I went to lunch.

Yeah post in the meet up place. As you say better chance people seeing it.

** waits for some chit chat to come along **

RoverJames wrote: »
    ** waits for some chit chat to come along **
    What about some randomness. Discrimination.

Ha ha I've just spent the last month out sick so vegged on the couch finishing ME2 and then decided to mess around in the villages in fable, hitting the crazy achievements on it. :rolleyes: It's great but I've spent more time with my family in Fable than my family in Ballincollig. :o:pac:

Ha ha no charity thank you but I really will try make it in pay or no pay even for one.
    Yep won't hurt at all :D I not sure if I'll be able make as early as 5/6 though. Try 8. Why must you got at 8? :p

Cause it'd be grand for me to pop in after work once I get off the bus. My better half is finished work at 9 then so I better take the doggy out for a walk and get a dinner on like a good house-gf! :D Sad I know but I'm a routine lady lately!

• Advertisement

Oh and if I'm in a pub after half eight it means I'm in there till close...

NoDice in pub after half eight = Broke as a hookers hymen. ;)

I used to be a routine guy too so I understand. I need to get it back, I liked it :p

I used to be a routine guy too so I understand. I need to get it back, I liked it :p

I love routines and lists.

Random fact.

My better half is finished work at 9 then so I better take the doggy out for a walk and get a dinner on like a good house-gf! :D Sad I know but I'm a routine lady lately!

:eek:

lucky dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

No dice and Rover james. I was so nervous my first meet up, thought they might be weirdos!! But they arent, really, lol!!;)
    They are all sound and we have great laugh when we meet. If you're shy Ill talk to you, you dont have to talk back I just like talking.:D

Ok on another note, was in town today and went into Merchants Quay. My god there is nothing in there! Every shop on the left hand side was gone, was very surprised:(

What about some randomness. Discrimination.

and a bit of flight fight fight for good measure:p

ok people I think I've done enough work for one day.. time to catch up on cnet

Ha ha I don't think anyone is a weirdo, I just know I'll be super quiet but sure it'd be great to put a face to everyone. :) I think I'll hit el brogio after work so on Friday. If anyone wants to/is able to go that early that'd be pretty cool. Won't be able to make a night of it unfortunately until after the move. Which'll be like end of July. :rolleyes::(

Hope you guys enjoy the cinema tonight!

Ha ha I don't think anyone is a weirdo, I just know I'll be super quiet but sure it'd be great to put a face to everyone. :) I think I'll hit el brogio after work so on Friday. If anyone wants to/is able to go that early that'd be pretty cool. Won't be able to make a night of it unfortunately until after the move. Which'll be like end of July. :rolleyes::(

Hope you guys enjoy the cinema tonight!
    If I don't go home Friday I'll come out early sure. I don't know if I'll make night of it either as I've a BBQ the next day and don't want to be hung over :D

Thanks about cinema..looking forward to it.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    No dice and Rover james. I was so nervous my first meet up, thought they might be weirdos!! But they arent, really, lol!!;)
    They are all sound and we have great laugh when we meet. If you're shy Ill talk to you, you dont have to talk back I just like talking.:D

Ok on another note, was in town today and went into Merchants Quay. My god there is nothing in there! Every shop on the left hand side was gone, was very surprised:(

I remember when I was younger I used love going into Merchants Quay. It's really gone downhill now alright! Loving Opera Lane. I'm just in love with Topshop!!

Ha ha I've just spent the last month out sick so vegged on the couch finishing ME2 and then decided to mess around in the villages in fable, hitting the crazy achievements on it. :rolleyes: It's great but I've spent more time with my family in Fable than my family in Ballincollig. :o:pac:

Is it the first or second Fable, I never managed to keep the family happy. They used to divorce me all the time. :mad::pac:

I havent played ME2, I recently bought loads of the old consoles. Nes/ Megadriive & so on I need to set up a games room now.

• Advertisement

I havent played ME2, I recently bought loads of the old consoles. Nes/ Megadriive & so on I need to set up a games room now.

Games night in Mukokons place.. Woo hoo!!

and Steve could bring the rest of that vokda bottle:pac:

We're setting up a games room in the new place fingers crossed, got gamer chairs too. :)

ME2 is awesome if you like the bioware stories, I just think it's like a film and love all the characters! Get it!!!!

Playing Fable 2, it's cool cause I like d1cking around. :)

Gotta go home anyways guys. Have fun! ;)

Ha ha, gimme a chance to get the room sorted. :P
    and Steve could bring the rest of that vokda bottle:pac:

I have polish vodka here as well. :cool:
    We're setting up a games room in the new place fingers crossed, got gamer chairs too. :)

ME2 is awesome if you like the bioware stories, I just think it's like a film and love all the characters! Get it!!!!

Playing Fable 2, it's cool cause I like d1cking around. :)

Gotta go home anyways guys. Have fun! ;)

Must check out ME2 then, even the mini games in Fable 2 are great. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

I've been drinking more than I ever did lately... I have to actually stop :pac:
    no, no you dont
    Cool ha. I'll be around Friday I think but not Saturday. Think something happening Friday ne ways :pac:
    think? think? its a flippin friday!
    do.. come in for one or two anyways so at least you will know a few of us before heading to bigger meet up
    one or two, lol, ur famous last works corkcomp
    No dice and Rover james. I was so nervous my first meet up, thought they might be weirdos!!

we are weirdos, and its the shops on the right hand side :P
    we can polish that one off...ha...ha...

stevexo wrote: »
    no, no you dont.

LOL:D im giving up drink completely during the week (doing ok so far) then I wont feel guilty about going mad once or twice a week
    think? think? its a flippin friday!

boards beers by any chance?:D
    one or two, lol, ur famous last works corkcomp.

:mad::o:( I can do the whole one or two.. i've done it before .. sometime

Ha ha, gimme a chance to get the room sorted. :P

And Apple juice??:)

we are weirdos, and its the shops on the right hand side :P

[/ QUOTE]
    Actually depends which side you go in:p:p
    LOL:D im giving up drink completely during the week (doing ok so far) then I wont feel guilty about going mad once or twice a week
    OMG remember what we talking about the other night. Are you a NON BINGE drinker?? Like an alco? :eek::D

OMG remember what we talking about the other night. Are you a NON BINGE drinker?? Like an alco? :eek::D

:eek: yeah remember that conversation lol:D I probably fit more into the binge drinker category lol .. I reckon I dont exceed the recommended weekly allowance.. maybe its all consumed in the one night though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Friday?? Beer?? YEAH!!

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »
    Friday?? Beer?? YEAH!!

haha c u there:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

Friday?? Beer?? YEAH!!
    always!

Mini boards cinema there haha.

How's people this evening :D - I up for Friday alright I'd say.

Mini boards cinema there haha.

How's people this evening :D - I up for Friday alright I'd say.

not too bad here, brain is mush now I spent last few hours trying to figure out permissions issue on an sql2008 database, no joy:( but I might crack it tomorrow:D

was the movie any good?

not too bad here, brain is mush now I spent last few hours trying to figure out permissions issue on an sql2008 database, no joy:( but I might crack it tomorrow:D

was the movie any good?
    Aw permissions can be annoying alright :pac:

I thought it was actually very good. For a movie that long, it wasn't one bit boring. Kept me alert throughout it all :D

Friday?? Beer?? YEAH!!

What about Saturday, you coming out for the England vs USA game?

• Advertisement

Aw permissions can be annoying alright :pac:

I thought it was actually very good. For a movie that long, it wasn't one bit boring. Kept me alert throughout it all :D

its something stupid I think cos it works fine on the server but not the clients.. always much easier to figure out at the start of a new day anyway:p

movie sounds good.. always hard to tell from the reviews.. then again id watch almost anything:D except big brother:rolleyes:

movie sounds good.. always hard to tell from the reviews.. then again id watch almost anything:D except big brother:rolleyes:

Yeah, It's good but it's a bit predictable. Still the acting was good & it's well worth a watch.

Yeah, It's good but it's a bit predictable. Still the acting was good & it's well worth a watch.

cool, might pencil that in for Saturday night if its not on too late (still time for pints:pac:)

And Apple juice??:)

Pfft apple juice, straight & served from the freezer. :pac:
    cool, might pencil that in for Saturday night if its not on too late (still time for pints:pac:)

Count me out for the cinema but I will be having pints on Saturday for the football. :cool: providing I can get out of work early :eek:. It's over 2 hours long so I'd say they'll do a 7 & 9:30 showing.

Pfft apple juice, straight & served from the freezer. :pac:

Count me out for the cinema but I will be having pints on Saturday for the football. :cool: providing I can get out of work early :eek:. It's over 2 hours long so I'd say they'll do a 7 & 9:30 showing.

+1:P if your going to have apply juice might as well make it bulmers

Im due a cinema trip with Saturday night crew now, two of my friends dont drink and are always complaining about being in the pub:rolleyes: .. they can always leave after cinema:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement