Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

I dunno what to get him, 'tis a bit lame getting shirts etc but he has himself fully sorted with Golf stuff and he's not into much else really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

RoverJames wrote: »
    I dunno what to get him, 'tis a bit lame getting shirts etc but he has himself fully sorted with Golf stuff and he's not into much else really.
    get him some socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

stevexo wrote: »
    get him some socks

always a safe bet:D I normally get a voucher or something though cos I can never think of anything for fathers / mothers day that they dont already have:cool:

corkcomp wrote: »
    that they dont already have:cool:
    or need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey guys!

What an awesome day outside! Such a shame to be stuck in an office at a computer till nine like. :(

My father is the same with shirts and golf stuff. But I've a great idea this year. I've always gotton him a new club or lessons or some lovely tshirts etc but this year I'm gonna look out for a super golf outfit with new golf shoes or something! Ha ha a mix of the two I guess. :rolleyes: Poor Daddy was laid off over a year ago and is now working in a factory (was a foreman for a major construction company so big difference) and the only thing he has to look forward to is golf. :) Where would I get something nice if anyone knows?

• Advertisement

There's a place in high street Wilton (behind 4 star, Paddy Power etc) if that convenient for you, fairly large shop. Mahers Golf Emporium in town may be an option too.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's job, factory work is soul destroying if its not your thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

There's a place in high street Wilton (behind 4 star, Paddy Power etc) if that convenient for you, fairly large shop. Mahers Golf Emporium in town may be an option too.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's job, factory work is soul destroying if its not your thing.

Thanks RJ, living in town so I'll try the Mahers place.

Ya I feel so sorry for him cause he did construction his whole life. He dislocated his shoulder due to somebody else setting up the scaffolding incorrectly and cause he couldn't work AND it was the beginning of the recession they laid him off. Awful. The factory work is all that came up in the end as his shoulder is still fecked. 12 hour shifts too. He was saying the other builders there packed it in after three days. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I hate gardening, why did I start it. :mad: Should've stayed playing the playstation. :pac:

Gardening, I must tackle a hedge that wasn't trimmed in over 5 years at the weekend :mad:

mudokon wrote: »
    I hate gardening, why did I start it. :mad: Should've stayed playing the playstation. :pac:

Man its hot outside now:(.. was outside all thru lunch .. still better than rain.

working on AD migration there and its all over the place.. dont care though:p

• Advertisement

We had an outdoor lunch too, not too hot down here (few yards from water, Loughbeg). Have to go the gym tonight, haven't gotten into it at all this summer. Last year in Galway I was going twice a week and going jogging twice a week two.

We had an outdoor lunch too, not too hot down here (few yards from water, Loughbeg). Have to go the gym tonight, haven't gotten into it at all this summer. Last year in Galway I was going twice a week and going jogging twice a week two.

I tend to go at 7am or 6.30 if im feeling very energetic.. no point trying to go after work cos it never happens. too sunny, too tired, too hungry, other stuff on.. any excuse tbh:D

Zero chance of me going in the morning tbh.

Gardening, I must tackle a hedge that wasn't trimmed in over 5 years at the weekend :mad:

I had to do that a while back, chainsaw FTW.
    Man its hot outside now:(.. was outside all thru lunch .. still better than rain.

working on AD migration there and its all over the place.. dont care though:p

I know, I was sweating playing playstation. So it's not good now. :pac:

lets get this thread back on the road. my laptop says its 6:42, wonder what time boards says it is when i post this

edit: 6:44 on boards...am i living in the past or am i seeing into the future?

lets get this thread back on the road. my laptop says its 6:42, wonder what time boards says it is when i post this

edit: 6:44 on boards...am i living in the past or am i seeing into the future?

because of you I wont get any work done now for at least an hour while I try to fix all my clocks:(:mad::pac:.. my phone says 8.43, my desk phone says 8.48! my laptop says 8.42, my PC says 8.43 and the clock on the wall says 20.44!!!:P

because of you I wont get any work done now for at least an hour while I try to fix all my clocks:(:mad::pac:.. my phone says 8.43, my desk phone says 8.48! my laptop says 8.42, my PC says 8.43 and the clock on the wall says 20.44!!!:P

Simple solution, go by the clock on the wall. You should have left work about 4 hours ago according to that clock. :cool:

Simple solution, go by the clock on the wall. You should have left work about 4 hours ago according to that clock. :cool:

ROFL.. I like that thinking:D right im off home for breakfast dinner :P

edit: morning purple lemons:D.. how goes it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

MY LAPTOP IS WORKINGGGGGG :D:D:D

MY LAPTOP IS WORKINGGGGGG :D:D:D

Woohoo, looks like there's a problem with your G button though. :P

• Advertisement

Woohoo, looks like there's a problem with your G button though. :P

Har Har Har!

Im all happy now though :D

I missed my baby so i did

*cuddles laptop close*

One more sleep to the weekend!!

:cool:

anyone want to sponsor me to get my legs waxed tomorrow in work?

Har Har Har!

Im all happy now though :D

I missed my baby so i did

*cuddles laptop close*

One more sleep to the weekend!!

:cool:

:D cant wait for today to be over. weekend almost here then. been very busy all week so I think i'll just work at a slower pace today:P

Pub tomorrow anyway my thinks, i deserve it lol

Pub tomorrow anyway my thinks, i deserve it lol

you coming out to meet boardsies for Johanna's birthday? I might head out for only for a few (seriously this time lol:pac:)

you coming out to meet boardsies for Johanna's birthday? I might head out for only for a few (seriously this time lol:pac:)
    i wont be there to 'influence' you so you cant blame me this time

i wont be there to 'influence' you so you cant blame me this time

i'll be on the floor after three anyway id say..two root canal's tomorrow so will be on serious pain meds:rolleyes::D

i'll be on the floor after three anyway id say..two root canal's tomorrow so will be on serious pain meds:rolleyes::D

:eek:

My dentist dude reckons I won't feel a thing, am getting it done on the 29th June, well 'twill be over two visits but the first session is then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My dentist dude reckons I won't feel a thing

Yeah - "you won't feel a thing....until I jam this down your throat..."

• Advertisement

:eek:

My dentist dude reckons I won't feel a thing, am getting it done on the 29th June, well 'twill be over two visits but the first session is then.

ah its not too bad during procedure itself.. maybe few short jabs of pain but its sore enough for about 48hrs after:rolleyes: nothing three neurofen wont sort though

Actually i think i may give up alcohol for a few months :pac:

Me too. Except for days that end in 'y'.

Lol, no i really have to:(

Actually i think i may give up alcohol for a few months :pac:

I will if you will.. or maybe not:pac:

Have to? Bummer.

Should really organise more boards events where alcohol is not an option. That way we might actually get something done :)

• Advertisement

waaaayyyyy too quiet on here:rolleyes::D on that note, night all.. have to get some sleep for once:P

waaaayyyyy too quiet on here:rolleyes::D on that note, night all.. have to get some sleep for once:P
    ha, i was asleep around 9 last night and still was late for work this morning!

ha, i was asleep around 9 last night and still was late for work this morning!

+1 .. well time keeping doesnt exist here anyway:p

thank god its Friday.. just a pity I have so much work to do over the weekend:rolleyes::(

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Time to get my weekend on :cool:

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Time to get my weekend on :cool:

From what I gather, your entire week is a weekend :D

• Advertisement

One of the lads spat in my breakfast :(

He was standing up to leave and did a little cough. You know the kind that sneaks up on you so fast you can't even cover your mouth in time. Right in the middle of my eggs :(

09:44. I was wondering when Lemons would post :)

3 hours now till the hair is ripped from my legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hello everyone!! :D:D
    please tell me for charity??

Hi you :)
    Long time no post, all well your end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

stevexo wrote:

Have Fun :D

Just kidding, it's really not that bad... just try to relax :P

nursemar88 wrote: »

hey, yeah for charity. Rehab.
    jujibee wrote: »
    Have Fun :D

Just kidding, it's really not that bad... just try to relax :P
    so you recommend to relax? not to tense my legs?
    anyone else got any tips?

A couple of neurofen an hour beforehand works wonders......... so I've heard...... :o

nursemar88 wrote: »

hey Nursey:D hav'nt seen you around in ages.. how you doing?
    A couple of neurofen an hour beforehand works wonders......... so I've heard...... :o

small miracles me thinks:pac:

fair play to you for doing that.. I dont think I could face it:eek::pac:

fair play to you for doing that.. I dont think I could face it:eek::pac:
    well, you have you own torture later :P:pac::P:pac:

well, you have you own torture later :P:pac::P:pac:

I was planning on cancelling it yesterday evening, actually picked up the phone n all:o:(.. 2 fckin hours! ah it could be worse though.. lesson learned anyway:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement