Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

RoverJames wrote: »
    Hi you :)
    Long time no post, all well your end ?
    hahaha ya i haven't being around in ages... busy busy! :rolleyes: how about you?? how are you keeping? :)
    corkcomp wrote: »
    hey Nursey:D hav'nt seen you around in ages.. how you doing?
    Hey hey... I'm doing good! just back from Dublin yesterday... went up for a couple days R&R... needed it after a busy couple of months. :):) How are you keeping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

stevexo wrote: »
    anyone else got any tips?

Running away. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Steve keep the skin pulled taut (sp?)

Welcome back Nurse :D

RJ im not that bad this week :p

jujibee wrote: »
    Have Fun :D

Just kidding, it's really not that bad... just try to relax :P

You're coming over to the dark side now, posting on boards during work. It's a slippery slope. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

mudokon wrote:
    You're coming over to the dark side now, posting on boards during work. It's a slippery slope. :pac:

Yeah, bit of an odd day. All of my cases are waiting for feedback/approval/other technical team so I am sort of bored. :(

I honestly would rather be doing work since it makes the day go faster.

Yeah, bit of an odd day. All of my cases are waiting for feedback/approval/other technical team so I am sort of bored. :(

I honestly would rather be doing work since it makes the day go faster.

Ha ha I'm up the walls & yet I still find the time to post here. :cool: I'll be trying to catch some of the football at around 3ish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭stevexo

painkillers taken, someone hit me so i know they are working!

batman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

:eek: hope it goes well ..
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hey hey... I'm doing good! just back from Dublin yesterday... went up for a couple days R&R... needed it after a busy couple of months. :):) How are you keeping?

pretty good thanks:):D VERY busy and its getting annoying now but other than that im good.. you working over the weekend?
    mudokon wrote: »
    Running away. ;)

+1:pac:

• Advertisement

Im very proud of myself, staying in on a Friday night :D

Im very proud of myself, staying in on a Friday night :D

Me too! I'm staying in too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Greetings from London Heathrow!
    Should be in to Dublin airport around 7.15 and I will be back in Cork on Sunday.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!! Vegas was wonderful :)

Work on Monday, eugh!

Me too! I'm staying in too!

There's a good hubby *pats head* :p
    kingtut wrote: »
    Greetings from London Heathrow!
    Should be in to Dublin airport around 7.15 and I will be back in Cork on Sunday.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!! Vegas was wonderful :)

Work on Monday, eugh!

Welcome home...nearly!

Lol :D

I really want to go to the frickin pub lol :(

• Advertisement

I really want to go to the frickin pub lol :(

I really wanted to go earlier too but I think a night of catching up on stuff with 1 r 2 cans might be the job.. Hav so much work to do tomoro it can't be a write off :-)

I really wanted to go earlier too but I think a night of catching up on stuff with 1 r 2 cans might be the job.. Hav so much work to do tomoro it can't be a write off :-)

You know beer from the pub tastes so much better. ;)

Jaysus don't you move away from being sensible or we're totally screwed :D I have a major job on finishing mon 28th so once that done I'm going right back to being wreckless lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Especially if there's a match on :D

Would love to go out tonight but have to be on the road early in the morning for a wedding :(

~ big yawn, was out with work crowd last night, only 4 hours snooze before work today. Got talking to leaving cert folk in McDonalds, they thought ole RJ only looked 26, me was happy out :D

• Advertisement

Anyone up for the Franciscan Well tomorrow? My honey and I are going to be there 6-ish if anyone wants to meet up.

i wont know till tomor afternoon if ill be around. family time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

i wont know till tomor afternoon if ill be around. family time

SO you got there safe and sound. Have a good weekend!

wrecked now.. Im on a role here so going to keep working for another while:D

corkcomp sober on a friday night??? wow! that calls for a pint! how did the root canals go?

corkcomp sober on a friday night??? wow! that calls for a pint! how did the root canals go?

your making me sound very bad there lol:D:p I only got one done cos I had enough after two hours.. couldnt stay for 4 hours.. few weeks time for the next one:( managed to get a server problem sorted thats been bugging me for weeks, that neurofen is mightly stuff:pac:

Anyone up for the Franciscan Well tomorrow? My honey and I are going to be there 6-ish if anyone wants to meet up.

Will you be out for the night? If so I may come but it wouldn't be till about 9.

mudokon wrote:
    Will you be out for the night? If so I may come but it wouldn't be till about 9.

We will probably be there a good while :)

I'm home! .....in Wicklow

We will probably be there a good while :)

I'll text you later then & see where you are. :)

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote:
    I'll text you later then & see where you are. :)

Good deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

oops. I'm sunburned, I keep forgetting about my receeding hairline and getting burned where I used to have hair. doubly upsetting :)

deRanged wrote: »
    oops. I'm sunburned, I keep forgetting about my receeding hairline and getting burned where I used to have hair. doubly upsetting :)

Oh oh that's not good! The sunburn that is:D the receeding hair line goes with the territory with us IT people I'm starting to think.. That and early grey hair :D

lol, i'm in mayo unexpectedly, in a little chipper, weird, it seems lots of folk go for chips before going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

~ big yawn, was out with work crowd last night, only 4 hours snooze before work today. Got talking to leaving cert folk in McDonalds, they thought ole RJ only looked 26, me was happy out :D

I was out on my leaving cert night thingy with my Irish class on Friday night and got asked for ID.....I was smiling on the inside:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Managed to find myself in a foot of snow here in Salzburg today while in shorts........

No global warming in Austria it seems! How's your holiday going?

No global warming in Austria it seems! How's your holiday going?

Well i went to visit berteschgaden and the eagles nest today so it was on the way up to that where the snow way,but apparently even up so high its very rare for it to snow during the summer months. It did make the place look lovely though. Off to vienna tomorrow if i can bother to get out of bed :p

Well i went to visit berteschgaden and the eagles nest today so it was on the way up to that where the snow way,but apparently even up so high its very rare for it to snow during the summer months. It did make the place look lovely though. Off to vienna tomorrow if i can bother to get out of bed :p

Ha, it must have been a bit surreal surrounded by snow during the summer in your shorts! I paid a visit up around that way a few years ago and saw some of the the most beautiful scenery on the planet. I still think about it on rainy Irish days. You should marry one of those alpine maidens and not come back! Salzburg is great too, I went to the salt mines while I was there....more interesting than it sounds, they had this cool slide thing there. If you can get out of bed......been hitting the hard stuff have we?:p

• Advertisement

Guess who is back in Cork.....ME! :)

Ha, it must have been a bit surreal surrounded by snow during the summer in your shorts! I paid a visit up around that way a few years ago and saw some of the the most beautiful scenery on the planet. I still think about it on rainy Irish days. You should marry one of those alpine maidens and not come back! Salzburg is great too, I went to the salt mines while I was there....more interesting than it sounds, they had this cool slide thing there. If you can get out of bed......been hitting the hard stuff have we?:p

It was quite foggy up there so the scenery was a bit blocked but even the snow up there made it worth while. Sure ill probably come back here in a few weeks anyway (I do love bavaria that much :)) Yeah we went to the salt mines a few years back for a school tour:
    Nobody really wanted to go at first but it turned out to actually be pretty good. That boat ride on the lake inside the mine is so cool. And the little train ride into it where the tall people end up smacking their heads every few seconds :pac:

And i blame the lovely northern Ireland girl i was with today for making me have to drink when we came back,didnt even bother leaving the hostel after the eagles nest trip i was so wrecked.(And at 2 euro for a proper pint of beer you cant really complain:cool:)

was there four years ago.. some trip in the bus.. up and up for what seems like miles.. did you see the gold lift with the gas nozzles?
    Guess who is back in Cork.....ME! :)

Hi Hi:D
    ! Salzburg is great too, I went to the salt mines while I was there....more interesting than it sounds, they had this cool slide thing there. :p

I vaguely remember being there too.. think we went around the under ground lakes in a boat.. i dont remember much of it though.. cant remember a slide

was there four years ago.. some trip in the bus.. up and up for what seems like miles.. did you see the gold lift with the gas nozzles?

e

Yeah that lift was pretty snazzy considering the man himself only visited it 14 times :p

It was pretty funny as there was all these other tourists in ski like clothing because they knew about the snow and then me the typical Irish guy with milk white legs throdding through the snow in shorts and a hoody :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Morning guys! What a beautiful day yesterday, walked out to Ballincollig and was burnt to a crisp! Nooo!!! Ouchies. :(

Monday morning blues seem to be kept at bay today thanks to the sun. :)

NoDice wrote: »
    Morning guys! What a beautiful day yesterday, walked out to Ballincollig and was burnt to a crisp! Nooo!!! Ouchies. :(

:rolleyes:

Factor 9,000,0000 is not just for abroad.

NoDice wrote: »

Monday morning blues seem to be kept at bay today thanks to the sun. :)

'twould take more than the sun to be honest for me, the blues are well and truly in full flight.

Morning though :D

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Factor 9,000,0000 is not just for abroad.

'twould take more than the sun to be honest for me, the blues are well and truly in full flight.

Morning though :D

Haven't been burned in years, usually marinate in the sun block!! Unfortunately didn't think it was so hot till I was halfway out on the straight road. :rolleyes: Hitting the natural yoghurt tonight I think.

Awh turn that frown upside down RJ! :) :cool:

RJ will be in newspaper this week :D

Cool why?

I'm saying nothing 'till I have a read off the article myself, if it makes me look like a Dell Boy or Arthur Daly type I won't be tellying ye about it :o

Monday morning and i still can't see straight woopsies. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement