Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Really wanted to head out tonight, but still am a bit sick, but I dunno, Ive been stuck inside all week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

nursemar88 wrote: »
    all this talk of drink... I'm on the vodka tonight!!! :D:D

right, im getting my ONE can now:p:D
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    You just reminded me that I've some vodka right beside me here :-/

ROFL.. in all seriousness, you dont want that tonight webmonkey:eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

corkcomp wrote: »
    ROFL.. in all seriousness, you dont want that tonight webmonkey:eek::pac:

It may be the perfect solution!

Just remembered I have a naggin in this room somewhere!

See now Nursey, that's what happens. You mention vodka and everyone remembers they have one somewhere!

Enjoy the night of vodka :p

• Advertisement

I think I need to go to bed early! Naggin? I have a 1.5L bottle somewhere here with only couple of shots gone out of it.. if only it was Friday:o:P

I think I need to go to bed early! Naggin? I have a 1.5L bottle somewhere here with only couple of shots gone out of it.. if only it was Friday:o:P
    Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to drink my half nagan left. I sleep fairly well after drink.

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to drink my half nagan left. I sleep fairly well after drink.

me too.. I even wake up well:D then 3 hours later. crash and burn :(

me too.. I even wake up well:D then 3 hours later. crash and burn :(
    Yep sounds familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Good evening everyone....I'm staging an intervention for all of ye. Everyone's here so no better time!

• Advertisement

Good evening everyone....I'm staging an intervention for all of ye. Everyone's here so no better time!
    Yo. Interview? - I've a busy schedule. Hurry, gotta leave in 5 mins :pac:

Yo. Interview? - I've a busy schedule. Hurry, gotta leave in 5 mins :pac:

Well this is my first intervention.....I'm not sure what to do next. I'm open to suggestions Webby if you have any?

Well this is my first intervention.....I'm not sure what to do next. I'm open to suggestions Webby if you have any?

i think the logical next step is to go and buy a few naggins and deliver them around to those who havnt any.. and then we can do proper intervention tomorrow:D:pac:

edit: talk to ye tomorrow boardsies:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

few drinks at my house anyone?? the bf is down and we'll be drinking anyway....:D

i think the logical next step is to go and buy a few naggins and deliver them around to those who havnt any.. and then we can do proper intervention tomorrow:D:pac:

That sounds good me, everyone should be drunk at my next intervention....then maybe nobody will realise I have no idea of how to do one :D

Pretty good show on youtube called intervention, train wreck viewing at its best!

few drinks at my house anyone?? the bf is down and we'll be drinking anyway....:D

sounds like intervention skills will be required :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Its only Wednesday and beer seems like a good idea already.. Im having one can later, yes just one! Cadyboo dont even say it lol;):pac:
    right, im getting my ONE can now:p:D

My my, look at all that talk of drinking!! lol :D

Ok Im dying to get pished myself, hate drinking at home, feel like going over to the old fellas in the local at this stage!

Cadyboo wrote: »

Ok Im dying to get pished myself, hate drinking at home, feel like going over to the old fellas in the local at this stage!

woops:o:D that looks very bad!.. id go to local too except it would be empty probably!

Would love to if it was any other night Nursey but I really have to go to bed by 9 tonight. serious lack of sleep! enjoy:D

Cadyboo wrote: »

Not too fond of drinking at home either, not unless I was heading out for the night. In fairness some of the old fellas can be a great laugh, I go for a drink with my dad the odd time and some of the characters in the bar are priceless, Cork wit at its finest :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Ya I know it be fun, if I went with someone, not on my own though, ha. :o
    Corkcomp god love ya it be fri soon enough.:D

• Advertisement

Gave up on the naggin, gonna try and hold off until the weekend Im off Sunday so major session!

Sorry I actually did think it was interview you said. I felt kind of important there for a second :o

Damn it, I'd call over and have a few drinks. Man everythings happening this week and I miss everything :(

Sorry I actually did think it was interview you said. I felt kind of important there for a second :o

Damn it, I'd call over and have a few drinks. Man everythings happening this week and I miss everything :(

Ah man I'm always doing that, especially with emails at work. I'll sit there scratching my head for a few minutes wondering what to do then I'll read the email again and then it all makes sense :)

Ah man I'm always doing that, especially with emails at work. I'll sit there scratching my head for a few minutes wondering what to do then I'll read the email again and then it all makes sense :)
    Yep happens way too often with me. It's becoming more common by me every day. :(

I hate that.. And then the recall fails when u realise u just sent some total crap back :d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

are you not in cork or is it that you're still sick??

are you not in cork or is it that you're still sick??
    I am but I must go bed early. Must get up at 5.30am :(

Ya, I hate when you press the send button and then it just dawns on you what you did was totally wrong. Another thing thats been happening lately is I'll be in the middle of doing something and I'll go completely blank for a few seconds. Happened yesterday when me and one of the girls were in the middle of something on one of the computers at work and bam, went totally blank. It must have been obvious, she looked at me and asked me was I ok :o

Ya, I hate when you press the send button and then it just dawns on you what you did was totally wrong. Another thing thats been happening lately is I'll be in the middle of doing something and I'll go completely blank for a few seconds. Happened yesterday when me and one of the girls were in the middle of something on one of the computers at work and bam, went totally blank. It must have been obvious, she looked at me and asked me was I ok :o
    Yep exact same thing happens me. A complete black, don't even know why I'd be there or doing such a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm in the mood to have drinks as well, but I'm already falling asleep!

Yep exact same thing happens me. A complete black, don't even know why I'd be there or doing such a thing.

At least I'm not alone:D

Had one drink there and half dead now :D I hate when that brain freeze happens too.. Normally from lunch time on a Friday so no point workin after that :P

deRanged wrote: »
    I'm in the mood to have drinks as well, but I'm already falling asleep!

Yeah I'm gone sleepy myself now too.
    At least I'm not alone:D

Seems quite common :pac:
    Had one drink there and half dead now :D I hate when that brain freeze happens too.. Normally from lunch time on a Friday so no point workin after that :P

Still haven't touched that vodka. I think I'll let it be now and just go bed now :( - mommy, I can't go to bed now, it's still bright outside though :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I had a glass of wine before dinner - I won a competition for a free glass :)
    that's part of why I'm so sleepy I'd say. that and I had about a tenth as much coffee as I'd normally have in a day.

Night all! It's no fun posting on this damn fone cos it can't quote :-(

• Advertisement

Night all! It's no fun posting on this damn fone cos it can't quote :-(
    Sure manually enter the quote tags :pac:

Night now! - I'm off shortly as well.

Sure manually enter the quote tags :pac:

Night now! - I'm off shortly as well.

There! Least anyone says it's not possible! :pac:

Alright my good friends, I'll talk to ye whenever again :cool:

Night and bye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

10 bottles Bavaria for €9 and im legless! Disgraceful!

Right, i actually was joking about being an admin! I have no desire to be an admin on facebook!

Remove meeee, didnt think people would get bad over it

Im sorry :(

10 bottles Bavaria for €9 and im legless! Disgraceful!

Right, i actually was joking about being an admin! I have no desire to be an admin on facebook!

Remove meeee, didnt think people would get bad over it

Im sorry :(
    Bavaria is way under rated. I think it's great to drink. Quality stuff.

We only messing about the facebook thing don't worry :p

Damn flight delayed an hour :(

• Advertisement

Prob with Bavaria is it's so good it goes down like water :-)

Ps- purple lemons for leader :D

I'm still in Cork Airport. Here since 6am! :(

fog?

fog?
    Yep I think that's the reason alright. No sign of it clearing. First the volcano now the fog :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

morning :) going to see the white witch shortly :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Theoretically, how would one get from Wilton to the Kinsale Road Roundabout using public transport only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Song of Today!

Tis a fair old "dance around your bedroom in your undies" song! I love it :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Faith wrote: »
    Theoretically, how would one get from Wilton to the Kinsale Road Roundabout using public transport only?

Is it specifically the roundabout you need to get to?

There are a number of busses that are close-ish to there,
    The number 9 - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=17
    The 6 - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=12
    And of course the airport busses drive right past - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=27 I have no idea if they will stop on request.

My best guess would be, #14 from the hospital to Patrick Street, walk to South Mall, and board the #6, get off at the end of the line in Grange and walk down the Frankfield Road till you get to the filling station by the roundabout.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

oeb wrote: »
    Is it specifically the roundabout you need to get to?

There are a number of busses that are close-ish to there,
    The number 9 - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=17
    The 6 - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=12
    And of course the airport busses drive right past - http://www.corkpublictransport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=27 I have no idea if they will stop on request.

My best guess would be, #14 from the hospital to Patrick Street, walk to South Mall, and board the #6, get off at the end of the line in Grange and walk down the Frankfield Road till you get to the filling station by the roundabout.

Well, let's say the Topaz station at the bottom of the hill to Frankfield. But you'd definitely have to get two buses right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Faith wrote: »
    Well, let's say the Topaz station at the bottom of the hill to Frankfield. But you'd definitely have to get two buses right?

Yup, and the closest bus to Frankfield is the #6 South Mall to Grange. (Which Terminates just before Frankfield)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement