Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Vitoldus

Almost lunchtime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

mudokon wrote: »
    Ha ha, you'll have to film it so we can all have a laugh.

It's called Head over Heels, they are two dogs who are trapped in a building and you have to escape. It was great fun.
    256px-Head_over_heels_cover_art.jpg

So you can have a laugh?? :( Awh.... Maybe i'll just get take away. lol

corkcomp wrote: »
    morning all:D yeah, yeah .. I know:o:rolleyes::pac:

Woah.. Were you out last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

NoDice wrote: »
    So you can have a laugh?? :( Awh.... Maybe i'll just get take away. lol

Woah.. Were you out last night?

hey NoDice.. nope.. I was trying to avoid posting until tonight.. but then I decided to just click on for "30 seconds" to take a quick look and here I am:p

@Mudokon if you mailed me those links I was goin to delete your mailbox:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

corkcomp wrote:
    I was trying to avoid posting until tonight.. but then I decided to just click on for "30 seconds" to take a quick look and here I am :p
    I've tried to stop posting on boards before and I failed miserably. Now I just accept there is no point trying to avoid it :)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I've tried to stop posting on boards before and I failed miserably. Now I just accept there is no point trying to avoid it :)

I wouldnt even try to stop completely.. be a waste of time:D surely I could have lasted one day though, ffs:(:p

edit: hows things going in Germany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

morning all:D yeah, yeah .. I know:o:rolleyes::pac:

hsc1265l.jpg
    @Mudokon if you mailed me those links I was goin to delete your mailbox

Now I wish I had, life would be so much easier without email. :cool:

mudokon wrote: »
    hsc1265l.jpg

are you trying to tell me something there or what :mad::(:D

I wouldnt even try to stop completely.. be a waste of time:D surely I could have lasted one day though, ffs:(:p

edit: hows things going in Germany?
    It could be going better I think to be honest. Let's just say I got one of the most complex components of this systems and there are threading issues and race conditions occurring the odd time and I can't reproduce.

I'm going to feel so relieved Friday evening. I'm looking forward to that feeling :)

How things by all of ye anyways?

It could be going better I think to be honest. Let's just say I got one of the most complex components of this systems and there are threading issues and race conditions occurring the odd time and I can't reproduce.

I'm going to feel so relieved Friday evening. I'm looking forward to that feeling :)

How things by all of ye anyways?

pretty good, work load not as bad:):D the sooner Friday comes the better though

I used to hate that, so un-predictable.. just keep telling yourself it will workout ok:p

edit: im disappearing off boards again.. wonder If I can make 4 hours this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

morning all :D no work today!!:) I am going home today but hope to be back up for saturday night....

• Advertisement

there are threading issues and race conditions occurring the odd time and I can't reproduce.

I'm so sorry because I obv have no idea what you're talking about; when I read that I immediately thought you were having problems sewing, there is alot of racial inequality where you are and riots break out now and again, and you well can't reproduce....... :o

:pac:

LOL:pac: think of it as if you start sewing and you keep thread(no pun)ing the needle thorugh the same hole over and over and you know you need to move forwards or backwards and you try but it doesnt happen because the thread is trying to move quicker than the needle but the needle is dependant on the thread moving at the same speed.... or something:p

I was meant to be logging off:rolleyes:...

hey Nursey.. see you on Sat hopefully:D

Lol cheers corkcomp, sounds frustrating!!!

Lol cheers corkcomp, sounds frustrating!!!
    It is and especially when there are multiple needles racing at different speeds and different needles need to sew the same places as other needles but the needles need to talk to eachother so they know not to crash in to each other!

It is and especially when there are multiple needles racing at different speeds and different needles need to sew the same places as other needles but the needles need to talk to eachother so they know not to crash in to each other!

Ha ha ha ha!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

GOOD AFTERNOON!!!
    I slept for 12 and half hours solid, didnt wake once! Think there is something wrong with me..
    I'd go to karaoke!!

But I think you should go to oxygen :D

Ya I really want to go, waiting on the girls and my niece, so id say it be last minute if I am going. But we def have to organise it, if not this weekend some other one, when your off miss shadow!
    I love karaoke!!!!!!!!!!

You're simply the best .. dun dun duuun dun, better than aaaaaall the rest!!!

:D:D:D

Though if you can get to oxegen that is awesome!!!!! Wish I was going!

Better than aaaaaaanyone, dun duuun dun, anyone I've eeeeever met!!

I'm in guys if ye're ever organising it!! :cool:

Ya maybe we should just organise a girls one, coz none of the lads seem to be interested!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    GOOD AFTERNOON!!!
    I slept for 12 and half hours solid, didnt wake once! Think there is something wrong with me..

Ya I really want to go, waiting on the girls and my niece, so id say it be last minute if I am going. But we def have to organise it, if not this weekend some other one, when your off miss shadow!

Ya maybe we should just organise a girls one, coz none of the lads seem to be interested!

12 hours!! Jesus!! Maybe you've just had a tiring week and your body needed it? Don't worry too much I'd say unless it turns into a regular thing!!

I'd be up for that. I used hate the idea of karaoke until we did a few team nights out with it. I swore I wasn't going to get up and sing. Everybody did! But we'd a few cocktails, a few shots and then a few more cocktails! Sure by the end of the night we were fighting over the mike and "If you wanna be my lover" was on for the forth time! Great night!

I'd actually pledge my allegiance to this plan now but being honest i prob won't be able to go anywhere for at least another month or so. :( So broke atm I can't even remember what money looks like. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

So broke atm I can't even remember what money looks like. :(

i second that

• Advertisement

wet and cold.. got soaked:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Maybe the weekend after this one!

Work is so boring today, noone I usually chat with is in the same ward! And we're overstaffed for once so it's not as tough thankgod.

It's raining there?

Im going on hols the 17th july for 2 weeks, so we could maybe do it when I get back, hopefully you girls will have sorted the funds a little then.
    @Miss shadow, how annoying nothing makes the day go longer than not having anyone to talk to. I know someone who works in your place, i think! Remind me next time we talking.

Yup webmonkey + temp back 8 - 10cel

bored here 2 miss shadow! I can't remember last time I didn't have something to do and couldn't be bother being creative! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

there are threading issues and race conditions occurring the odd time and I can't reproduce.

Hate that. Spent three weeks stuck on something like that for my masters thesis. Tried re-designing entire sections of code and just could not figure out what the problem was. Got the eureka moment down the pub with about two weeks left and six weeks of experiments to run. That I was only studying part time and was busy at work didn't help....

You'll get there webmonkey. I don't want to be a bad influence but never under-estimate the value of stepping back from a problem for a while. :)

wet and cold.. got soaked:(:mad:

Could have been worse - could have been playing......and lost :(

• Advertisement

Hate that. Spent three weeks stuck on something like that for my masters thesis. Tried re-designing entire sections of code and just could not figure out what the problem was. Got the eureka moment down the pub with about two weeks left and six weeks of experiments to run. That I was only studying part time and was busy at work didn't help....

You'll get there webmonkey. I don't want to be a bad influence but never under-estimate the value of stepping back from a problem for a while. :)

Thanks! Ah things fine now. It's just an overly complex system! Bit rushes as well!. It seems to be doing to job fine now :)

getting too old now:D.. the non-existant knee problem was getting a bit old:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Can we please make it be friday now? Please?

Sorry - making it the new Wednesday is the best we can do.

+1 to Jujibee's comment! I'm off Friday!!! Oh please oh please oh please!!

Allergic today. Nothing to do and I've gone through all the usual websites too. :(

Only two hours left though.. *sigh*

• Advertisement

I havent even started my week yet, back tomorrow!!! Oh the joys of it.
    @ jujibee, how are you miss??

I'm going be so happy Friday!

I think we will all be happy when Friday comes.. in fairness, you will probably be happier though:D:p

keep thinking its wednesday lol

Ha ha I keep thinking it's wednesday too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Thinking about repiercing my closed up piercings, time for a wee change :D

Thinking about repiercing my closed up piercings, time for a wee change :D

I did that with my tongue. You've to make sure the tissue is repaired and it should be fine. How long have they been closed?

@ jujibee, how are you miss??

I am okay, just headachy, tired and bored. Going to a christening this weekend out in Bantry though so that will be nice. Just need to get through the next three days :rolleyes:

How is everyone?

jujibee wrote: »
    I am okay, just headachy, tired and bored. Going to a christening this weekend out in Bantry though so that will be nice. Just need to get through the next three days :rolleyes:

How is everyone?

Three days will fly! I keep telling myself that anyway and fingers crossed friday will come quickly. I love Bantry, hope the weather is nice for you. :)

How is everyone?

Oh that should be lovely, have a good time! You staying there for the weekend?

I am officially NOT going to Oxegen, Im gonna cry, boo hoo!!:(:(

Yeah, staying out there on Saturday anyhow. Have never been there so plan to do a little exploring.

It will be okay, don't cry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭stevexo

Oh that should be lovely, have a good time! You staying there for the weekend?

aw lousey. im not going to kildare.
    hope the weather picks up for u jujibee!

Dose - hope it rains all weekend so you'll be glad you missed it. :)

Anybody been to the cinema in Douglas recently? Thinking of going to see Predators Thursday afternoon and wondering about the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I am sooo tired!! YAWN!!! :( but i'm back in Tipp in my bf house so its gonna be a night of tv, internet and comfort food!!! yay!!! :D

Sounds fun :)

Hi everyone

Yeah, staying out there on Saturday anyhow. Have never been there so plan to do a little exploring.

It will be okay, don't cry :)

I have only been to a pub down there, maybe when you find out about the place, we could a boards trip down??
    Thanks I have stopped crying now:o:D
    stevexo wrote: »
    aw lousey. im not going to kildare.
    hope the weather picks up for u jujibee!
    Why were u going to Kildare?? And why are you not now?
    Sounds fun :)

Hi everyone

Hey webbers!!!:D

hey nursey and webby.. my relaxing day nearly turned to chaos about an hour ago, I got a call from american tourists that I met on paddys Day and they were asking about calling for a visit in July so I said yeah no prob, thinking I wouldnt hear anymore from them and now they say there is a BUS of them.. I though it was only one or two:eek: they want to see some old tractors tomorrow!

edit: hi cadyboo:D, how you?

hey nursey and webby.. my relaxing day nearly turned to chaos about an hour ago, I got a call from american tourists that I met on paddys Day and they were asking about calling for a visit in July so I said yeah no prob, thinking I wouldnt hear anymore from them and now they say there is a BUS of them.. I though it was only one or two:eek: they want to see some old tractors tomorrow!

edit: hi cadyboo:D, how you?

Are you serious?? Thats why I never invite people I meet to stay, the americans always take you up on it!
    Oh my god, is it just for the day? Dont you have work?

Are you serious?? Thats why I never invite people I meet to stay, the americans always take you up on it!
    Oh my god, is it just for the day? Dont you have work?

Thats the prob, they invited themselves and I agreed:( no way i'll be able to devote anymore than couple of hours to them.. I told them I could have if i had more notice so they coming first thing in the morning now:D they wont be getting any tea either cos no one else at home tomorrow so not bringing that on myself.. hopefully its a mini bus:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭stevexo

Why were u going to Kildare?? And why are you not now?
    me and image works were going to go up to go out in dub with fidelma. and we not now. u know y

• Advertisement

Thats the prob, they invited themselves and I agreed:( no way i'll be able to devote anymore than couple of hours to them.. I told them I could have if i had more notice so they coming first thing in the morning now:D they wont be getting any tea either cos no one else at home tomorrow so not bringing that on myself.. hopefully its a mini bus:pac:

Im actaully skitting! This would only happen to you, ha. Well its your turn to arrange to go over to them and we will all head over, lol:D:D That'll learn em.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement