Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Ah don't worry I'm sure you were perfect looking :D

Home alone, can be boring alright. I'm at home home now which I'm quite enjoying. nice catch up with the parents. Always too busy!

Back in Kerry for the week? Getting all your meals cooked, clothes washed and ironed..must be nice! then again I get that 24/7 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Back in Kerry for the week? Getting all your meals cooked, clothes washed and ironed..must be nice! then again I get that 24/7 :p
    In kerry but I wouldn't be so lucky. I do my own washing and drying as if I don't, socks and things disappear, some mystery where things go here.

Was just about to say about you living a home :p - so you going to move out any stage? - it's handy at home though..much cheaper. But a bit of independence is good too.

Nursey you still there? :pac:

In kerry but I wouldn't be so lucky. I do my own washing and drying as if I don't, socks and things disappear, some mystery where things go here.

Was just about to say about you living a home :p - so you going to move out any stage? - it's handy at home though..much cheaper. But a bit of independence is good too.

Socks disappear here too as did a certain dress of mine.

I was thinking VERY seriously about moving out in Sept, either that or save for a car? Could I afford to move out on €700 approx a month?

Socks disappear here too as did a certain dress of mine.

I was thinking VERY seriously about moving out in Sept, either that or save for a car? Could I afford to move out on €700 approx a month?
    Yeah it can be annoying. Too many people in this house, so that's the reason really.

Ah car or move out. Tough decision alright :( - 700 euro a month though, I'd think that very manageable if you put your mind to it.

Yeah it can be annoying. Too many people in this house, so that's the reason really.

Ah car or move out. Tough decision alright :( - 700 euro a month though, I'd think that very manageable if you put your mind to it.

If I move out I guess it'd be best to do it this year, cause not as tough as 3/4th year.

I got a list of available houses for the year from the accom office. Need to either decide off of that or beg others to move in somewhere :pac:

• Advertisement

If I move out I guess it'd be best to do it this year, cause not as tough as 3/4th year.

I got a list of available houses for the year from the accom office. Need to either decide off of that or beg others to move in somewhere :pac:
    yeah that's true. You'll be busy in 3rd/4th year. Well busier anyways ha.

I'd say rent out in houses in btown is okish in comparison to near UCC. No way am I paying 90 euro a week for crappy student houses in college road again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

You could def live on 700 a month, i was living on alot less!!

People have been telling me too avoid college road as well.

I have no idea what to look for,wish the list provided pictures.

People have been telling me too avoid college road as well.

I have no idea what to look for,wish the list provided pictures.

Sure just go viewing them, it's ever so fun :P

akamossy wrote: »
    Sure just go viewing them, it's ever so fun :P

So go on gimme the low down. What's the avg I should pay for rent + utilities?

• Advertisement

Must be tough finding place alright. I never had to find one, always got someone to ask me move in with them haha :p

Must go searching now though as I want to live out side a bit, maybe wilton. Sick of not having parking either.

So go on gimme the low down. What's the avg I should pay for rent + utilities?

I was paying 300 a month close enough to tesco there and the bills were just gas and electricity and they really weren't that much except for through the winter, the gas bill hit the roof then

I was paying 300 a month close enough to tesco there and the bills were just gas and electricity and they really weren't that much except for through the winter, the gas bill hit the roof then

300 was just rent? I'd need to properly budget this before I make any decisions, but moving out seems like a much better idea.

300 was just rent? I'd need to properly budget this before I make any decisions, but moving out seems like a much better idea.

Yeah, just rent. Was pretty good though, really nice house and was only three of us living there

A lot better than houses in College road anyways ha

A lot better than houses in College road anyways ha

Mmmm I had a friend living just off college road and they were paying 85 for a ****ty house and a ****ty box room with paper thin walls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Aw man watch your back...too young to be lifting heavy things or people :(.
    I'm quite good. Dentist was great, I'm enjoying it now. She's a lovely dentist ;)

I emailed all the Intel guys and girls today including your bf for a co op reunion :) -some up for it some stage in Limerick. You'll have to come if you off :D

Ah my back got destroyed a couple years back... but yet i still went into nursing!! :pac: deadly a reunion should be good craic...highly offended i didnt get a mail tho... i may as well have worked in Intel for all the functions i went to!!! :D:D

sorry....got distracted! :pac:

Mmmm I had a friend living just off college road and they were paying 85 for a ****ty house and a ****ty box room with paper thin walls
    Yep, you wouldn't pay 20 euro week live in some, It's just the location. Which is **** too haha. Never again

I wouldn't live there but it wouldn't really be practical for me anyway haha

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ah my back got destroyed a couple years back... but yet i still went into nursing!! :pac: deadly a reunion should be good craic...highly offended i didnt get a mail tho... i may as well have worked in Intel for all the functions i went to!!! :D:D

Yeah you'd want watch it though. It can get better over time if you mind it. My mother had hers fked for years but it great now.

Yep reunion time :D - sorry, i don't have your email. I was actually thinking bout it but knew Paddy would tell ya! Some replied anyways and agreed to go on the terms that dancing donal returns :(

• Advertisement

Hate being home alone, keep thinking someones downstairs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Sorry, I'll keep it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Maybe your brother has stayed in and hasn't gone out spending his weeks wages......

Nah.... unlikely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Yeah you'd want watch it though. It can get better over time if you mind it. My mother had hers fked for years but it great now.

Yep reunion time :D - sorry, i don't have your email. I was actually thinking bout it but knew Paddy would tell ya! Some replied anyways and agreed to go on the terms that dancing donal returns :(
    hahahaha dancing donal ftw!!!! :D:D

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Maybe your brother has stayed in and hasn't gone out spending his weeks wages......

Nah.... unlikely :P

Oh no him and Fahey are off to Beer Pong was I invited not at all :( Beer at home though. Gonna attempt a walk downstairs with a can of deodorant soon, not sure what good it'll do me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Visual Basic, eugh! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

kingtut wrote: »
    Visual Basic, eugh! :(

mmmmm tasty visual basic :D

Fetch me a drink Vinta if you're heading downstairs, close enough to being at my front door anyway :P And a bacon sandwich as you're at it :)

What are you doing with VB. Is it .NET?

Fetch me a drink Vinta if you're heading downstairs, close enough to being at my front door anyway :P And a bacon sandwich as you're at it :)

Get out of my mind you big weirdo...was just looking at the bacon in the fridge and some nice soft buns for a rasher sammich :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

programming is tasty? ummm....
    What are you doing with VB. Is it .NET?

ermmm I think so...how many types are there?
    Think I am on version 6.2 if that helps?
    Get out of my mind you big weirdo...was just looking at the bacon in the fridge and some nice soft buns for a rasher sammich :p

:o:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Ferry booked, one way....think Ill go have a cry again!

:(

Sure london not too far, you'll be okay. Least you in same time zone :)

Why going by ferry? - lots to bring over in car?

Getting the ferry over to Wales and drive from there. Its easier than flying over, I dont have too much stuff, but will just be easier!

Getting the ferry over to Wales and drive from there. Its easier than flying over, I dont have too much stuff, but will just be easier!
    Ah right. I guess so ha. We'll have to have a going way party for you

Yep going to have one at the end of August, will keep ye all posted!

I'd prefer to fly, me and ferries dont mix well! But with all my clothes etc, Ill have to spend a fortune on excess luggage charges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hi everyone:D

kingtut wrote: »
    programming is tasty? ummm....

ermmm I think so...how many types are there?
    Think I am on version 6.2 if that helps?

of course, dont you think so?:confused::p

6.2 is connector version methinks?

I'd prefer to fly, me and ferries dont mix well!

I was on the HolyHead to Dublin one a couple of months back when the volcano first started spewing, was fine, wouldn't even know it was moving really if you didn't look out the window. Hate water etc myself, went up on deck to the smoking area for a looksee, was awful, was like Mr Bean in the swimming pool episode clinging to diving board. Would get the ferry again no probs but I would stay downstairs :)

Going Rosslare to Fishguard, thankfully its only 2 hours. Its the 4 hours drive to London that Im really not looking forward to, then again, Im happy its not me driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Mars Bar Milkshake :D

• Advertisement

Mars Bar Milkshake :D

evening purple lemons:):D. how are you? the thought of mars bar milk shake is making me feel very ill:( Tried dry toast just there and no use..cant eat:rolleyes:

corkcomp wrote: »
    evening purple lemons:):D. how are you? the thought of mars bar milk shake is making me feel very ill:( Tried dry toast just there and no use..cant eat:rolleyes:

Im fantastic thank you :D

Awh you have a icky tummy? :(

Im fantastic thank you :D

Awh you have a icky tummy? :(

yeah. not sure what is is .. bug of some sort.. cant drink water either ffs..

you recovered after all that cleaning earlier?:D:P must try n get more sleep here, talk later:D

morning everyone. I cannot believe I'm up this early and not feeling tired :D

morning webmonkey and everyone..

corkcomp wrote: »
    morning webmonkey and everyone..
    Hows things. You up early as well. You working?

morning everyone. I cannot believe I'm up this early and not feeling tired :D

+1 :D

Hows things. You up early as well. You working?

going to work for a while but im f*cked.. no food since lunch time yesterday:(

hey purple lemons:D

+1 :D
    and I don't even have work. I'm crazy!

Got a stupid cough again today. Cannot get rid of it :(
    corkcomp wrote:
    going to work for a while but im f*cked.. no food since lunch time yesterday :(

Ah crap, you must be sick so alright. Maybe you should just take day off and rest?

and I don't even have work. I'm crazy!

Got a stupid cough again today. Cannot get rid of it :(

Stop smoking all that weed then, smokers cough :pac:

I wanna go pub Friday.

@CC Morning Hubby! :D *gives fry and coffee*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement