Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thought you said it there before when you came in the bus to Kerry. You drive back home? - say driving here bit of a challange with the crazy bad roads. Spend most of the journey dodgying pot holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Thought you said it there before when you came in the bus to Kerry. You drive back home? - say driving here bit of a challange with the crazy bad roads. Spend most of the journey dodgying pot holes.

LOL right :)
    U have good memory, uhm?
    I drive back home, yep (even if...It took me almost 10 years to start using my driving license :eek:), and i love it, expecially at night.
    If I stick around I'll have to learn driving on the other side...scaring!

wow 10 years before you used it. That crazy, I can't go a day without driving, though that's mainly because I have to drive.

How long do you think you'll be sticking around, say you settling in alright now :) - I'm going to be finished college the 29th this month now so definetely going to have to go for a big boards beers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I used to spend summers on a family friends farm in Kerry! Helped delived calfs! Done the whole "natural" milking, collecting eggs etc...get me!

Natural milking lol... Must do that for a few seconds on each cow anyways before ya put the thingies on.
    I'd say everyone in Kerry has a farm :D

• Advertisement

I know, it's crazy...It was my biggest fear...scared me like hell...I dunno how I overcame it and how now I like it so much...when my friends first saw me on the driver's side they were shouting lol I didn't tell anyone I was trying to re-learn hot to and drive, I just arrived at the usual meeting place by car LOL :D

I dunno how long, WM...longer than June, quite sure...I had a sort of "deadline" for September but stuff keeps happening and I keep changing my mind so I decided for no deadlines ^_^
    Looking forward a proper beers night with more than 5 ppl lol

Natural milking lol... Must do that for a few seconds on each cow anyways before ya put the thingies on.
    I'd say everyone in Kerry has a farm :D

Ah but I did it for most of the bucket, an experience I must say!

Kinda wanna go back now, get my wellies on!

I know, it's crazy...It was my biggest fear...scared me like hell...I dunno how I overcame it and how now I like it so much...when my friends first saw me on the driver's side they were shouting lol I didn't tell anyone I was trying to re-learn hot to and drive, I just arrived at the usual meeting place by car LOL

I dunno how long, WM...longer than June, quite sure...I had a sort of "deadline" for September but stuff keeps happening and I keep changing my mind so I decided for no deadlines ^_^
    Looking forward a proper beers night with more than 5 ppl lol
    Sure stay longer than September, I might still be in cork by then, trying my best to stay here and almost turning down jobs because of it, bad idea :pac:

Yeah need a huge boards beers now. if we plan it a few weeks earlier, then i'm sure more come. It's usually on the fly planning that causes these small turn outs

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Ah but I did it for most of the bucket, an experience I must say!

Kinda wanna go back now, get my wellies on!
    It's very difficult, cows keep kicking. Some cows like it some don't. Usually the old ones that like it lol. You should come to my farm, sure my dad wouldn't say no, he can't stand the cows...leave anyone milk them :p

Sure stay longer than September, I might still be in cork by then, trying my best to stay here and almost turning down jobs because of it, bad idea :pac:

Yeah need a huge boards beers now. if we plan it a few weeks earlier, then i'm sure more come. It's usually on the fly planning that causes these small turn outs

I dunno if I'll stay in Cork or will "have to" move somewhere else in Ireland after September, but still I wanna come back to Cork often!

Turning down jobs doesn't sound clever...lol...but u sure know better!

Anyway, I know, I am not the best long term planner at all, I am italian and spontaneous lol...please convince KingTut to go back to his leader role LOL

• Advertisement

It's very difficult, cows keep kicking. Some cows like it some don't. Usually the old ones that like it lol. You should come to my farm, sure my dad wouldn't say no, he can't stand the cows...leave anyone milk them :p

lol. This was in Killorgan? (sp?) wicked farm! We had a house on their property all to ourselves! Very, very old house, old style cookers with coals lol. Defo grafting that summer! I was in my prissy princess stage at one point, imagine being told no electricity! Shortly got over it and was up at the crack of dawn, down the fields rounding the herd and picking eggs lol...:pac:

Aww, I wanna go to a farm now :( Old McDonald...

I've been absent from boards, they're kinda short notice lately! I like to plan.

I dunno if I'll stay in Cork or will "have to" move somewhere else in Ireland after September, but still I wanna come back to Cork often!

Turning down jobs doesn't sound clever...lol...but u sure know better!

Anyway, I know, I am not the best long term planner at all, I am italian and spontaneus lol...please convince KingTut to go back to his leader role LOL

Nah not clever, but I kinda have other ideas around CIT, new innovation building for start up companies, so wanna start off something myself and make millions lol.
    Yeah kingtut was good alright, he should be back any moment now, last I heard he was in an airport bored out of his mind.

lol. This was in Killorgan? (sp?) wicked farm! We had a house on their property all to ourselves! Very, very old house, old style cookers with coals lol. Defo grafting that summer! I was in my prissy princess stage at one point, imagine being told no electricity! Shortly got over it and was up at the crack of dawn, down the fields rounding the herd and picking eggs lol...:pac:

Aww, I wanna go to a farm now :( Old McDonald...

I've been absent from boards, they're kinda short notice lately! I like to plan.

Killorgan, probably only there few times myself alright. I've a few of those old style cookers too hanging around the house. We only updating to these new electric things lately. No electricity is a common thing around here especially whenever a storm, trees everywhere, they just fall on top of lines.

You really seem to have enjoyed it. There should be farm camp things where people can come and spend the summer on a farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Very, very old house, old style cookers with coals lol. .

those cookers were the best, ****ing hell. i'd write 6 pages about how good they are but i won't bore you with it.

the old school way of building houses is also the best way before this new fangled value engineering came along with slapping up as many houses as cheap and fast as possible. this house was about 400 years old before it had to be rebuilt. metre thick walls filled with old crows nests, clay, sealed off rooms and all that good stuff

Nah not clever, but I kinda have other ideas around CIT, new innovation building for start up companies, so wanna start off something myself and make millions lol.
    Yeah kingtut was good alright, he should be back any moment now, last I heard he was in an airport bored out of his mind.

Way to go, so! :)

And yes, he should be back at this stage...
    I am going home on friday early morning for 10 days, though...so if he organises a huge beers nite for next week I'll be offended!

. We only updating to these new electric things lately. No electricity is a common thing around here especially whenever a storm, trees everywhere, they just fall on top of lines.

do you have the electric ones that are just a glowing coil and the pan sits on top of that?

Don't get me wrong I love farms, but farm camps oh my!

Towel - Face it I'm a city girl with an Iphone, a love interest so naughty butter wouldn't melt in my mouth with BT and a love of all things apples, even the edible kind :D

We should organise it for the start of June, be nice time - i'll be available

I second that.

KingTuuuuuuut....now that u are back from holydays would u work for us a lil, plz?

We should organise it for the start of June, be nice time - i'll be available

I'm back June 4th? So anytime after that I can fit ye in my schedule :p

towel401 wrote: »
    do you have the electric ones that are just a glowing coil and the pan sits on top of that?

Nah my grandmother got the latest things alright. Never saw it work though. Mom got this weird one pan thing, where it only works if the pan is magnetic.

I second that.

KingTuuuuuuut....now that u are back from holydays would u work for us a lil, plz?
    I'm back June 4th? So anytime after that I can fit ye in my schedule :p

Sounds good - I'll be recovering from the party 29th anyways for the class, hopefully I will still be alive

• Advertisement

Going to bed, folks...
    Nice to chat, have sweet dreams :)

Nah my grandmother got the latest things alright. Never saw it work though. Mom got this weird one pan thing, where it only works if the pan is magnetic.

ah. induction? in america they still selling those ones with the element but i never seen em here

Going to bed, folks...

have fun sleeping <3

Going to bed, folks...

Night :)
    ah. induction? in america they still selling those ones with the element but i never seen em here

I think it more a safety feature so there has to be a pot on it. It's a portable thing like.

G'Night Tira! <3

Heres mine.... <3 - everyone giving them :P

Night :)

I think it more a safety feature so there has to be a pot on it. It's a portable thing like.

i see. have u any generators at home now for the day after the storm?

I should not be eating Pavalova, I'm supposed to be getting the ole bikini body sorted :( eurgh, damn mother and her weekend off, always leads to an uber baking session!

i see. have u any generators at home now for the day after the storm?
    No but we can hook the milking machine up to the tractor - the cows are priority.

• Advertisement

I should not be eating Pavalova, I'm supposed to be getting the ole bikini body sorted :( eurgh, damn mother and her weekend off, always leads to an uber baking session!
    Sounds nice, I'll take it off you if you want :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement