Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm finished of lecturers now pretty much. Hand up for the FYP report is friday. I'm on page 70 lol - getting out of hand.

I going to miss CIT now id say, but I might be around next year, see what I'll do
    become an admin loike. Get their site ready for web 3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Not bad idea...I'm sure they spent 1000s upon 1000s for their current 2.0 one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Goooooodmorning!

Now, do u think it's normal to wake up with the following quote from the film "The Van" in your mind and lolling at it by yourself?
    Quote:
    "The prizes are utter ****e!" <-- strong Dub accent

I know, I am strange.
    Buongiorno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Barracudaincork

Goooooodmorning!

Now, do u think it's normal to wake up with the following quote from the film "The Van" in your mind and lolling at it by yourself?
    Quote:
    "The prizes are utter ****e!" <-- strong Dub accent

I know, I am strange.
    Buongiorno.

I woke up with the theme tune to Mortal Kombat in my head! Good only knows what i was dreaming or who's a$$ i was kicking!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

must be the weather.

I was humming the theme to Rocky this morning!
    got some very strange looks from the jogger who passed me while I was walking my dog.

• Advertisement

LOLz @ ye ^_^

U both dangerous to get close to today, so :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You're a strange bunch :D

I woke up with the alarm clock beep..beep..beep.beep.beep.beep.beeeeepppp
    in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i didn't wake up at all. sleeptyping ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

towel401 wrote: »
    i didn't wake up at all. sleeptyping ftw!

******* Students!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

the pollution of this city must be doing something to you all :p:p
    i'm back from the Kerry!

• Advertisement

the pollution of this city must be doing something to you all :p:p
    i'm back from the Kerry!
    Cool were you on a farm in Kerry :)

Cool were you on a farm in Kerry :)

I was indeed :D! nearly got trampled to death by a cob ,was quite scary tbh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi all, I am back from my hols, still wrecked and currently think it is around 10pm. Despite some of the comments to the contrary, this thread has been very active over the last week and only two of the posts have been from me! Here are my responses to some of the posts that I missed.
    DJ Hafez wrote: »
    San Fran is worth the trip :p I loved LA, even though you really need a car to get about, taxis cost a FORTUNE! San Fran is much more laid back.

I liked San Fran a lot more than LA however I had an amazing time in both places. I had booked a car to rent for two days in LA but I cancelled it when I realised how easy it is to get around (even though everyone told me it was difficult - nonsense). Buses and trains everywhere. Only got 2 taxis while I was there. I have tons of pics if anyone wants to see them. The mechanical bull ones are very funny.
    Vinta81 wrote: »
    This place is pretty dead alright :( I swear I saw some tumbleweed flying across the screen earlier!

aww seems pretty active to me, maybe you need to post more about your old oak / brog adventures? How are you anyway?
    towel401 wrote: »
    king tut and princess lou are no longer around and tira is too busy cooking

Did Tira cook for all the boardsies? I was on hols, surely me not being around means that cork boards has to crash :( :eek:
    Welcome home kingtut. Guess you enjoyed your trip :pac:

Thanks, yes it was "funsies" to use Towel401's terminology.
    WB KingTut.

Ok....here is my response. Hi!
    Yeah need a huge boards beers now. if we plan it a few weeks earlier, then i'm sure more come. It's usually on the fly planning that causes these small turn outs

In my experience on the fly ones always get more attendees (although the recent ones have not reflected that). The biggest one that I have been 2 had 11 people at it and that was organised 1/2 days before the meetup date.
    Anyway, I know, I am not the best long term planner at all, I am italian and spontaneous lol...please convince KingTut to go back to his leader role LOL

You are the only one who wants me to be a 'leader', I think you should stick at it :)
    I've been absent from boards, they're kinda short notice lately! I like to plan.

Will you plan a beers for all of us :) plzzzzzzzzz
    And yes, he should be back at this stage...
    I am going home on friday early morning for 10 days, though...so if he organises a huge beers nite for next week I'll be offended!

Who is up for a woohoo dammit Tira is leaving us for 10 days party?
    KingTuuuuuuut....now that u are back from holydays would u work for us a lil, plz?

I think you are doing a good job. You shall remain in your current role.
    I should not be eating Pavalova, I'm supposed to be getting the ole bikini body sorted :(

How can you get it sorted when you already have it sorted? You look fine to me not that my opinion necessarily matters all that much. I however need serious help. Eat that pavalova and enjoy it all thoroughly!!! :)
    Do the cork social outings ever have cinema nights? - I havn't being to cinema now in months

I only organised 1. 3 people including me turned up and I have not organised one since then...maybe set one up if there is a movie that you would like to see?
    I also have ulterior motives for not going away....:D

;););););)
    I need to learn the art of saving this summer!

If you like start giving me €100 a month, then when you want the money back I'll give it to you minus 25%...sound good?
    i'm back from the Kerry!

Welcome!

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi all, I am back from my hols, still wrecked and currently think it is around 10pm. Despite some of the comments to the contrary, this thread has been very active over the last week and only two of the posts have been from me! Here are my responses to some of the posts that I missed.

I liked San Fran a lot more than LA however I had an amazing time in both places. I had booked a car to rent for two days in LA but I cancelled it when I realised how easy it is to get around (even though everyone told me it was difficult - nonsense). Buses and trains everywhere. Only got 2 taxis while I was there. I have tons of pics if anyone wants to see them. The mechanical bull ones are very funny.

aww seems pretty active to me, maybe you need to post more about your old oak / brog adventures? How are you anyway?

Did Tira cook for all the boardsies? I was on hols, surely me not being around means that cork boards has to crash :( :eek:

Thanks, yes it was "funsies" to use Towel401's terminology.

Ok....here is my response. Hi!

In my experience on the fly ones always get more attendees (although the recent ones have not reflected that). The biggest one that I have been 2 had 11 people at it and that was organised 1/2 days before the meetup date.

You are the only one who wants me to be a 'leader', I think you should stick at it :)

Will you plan a beers for all of us :) plzzzzzzzzz

Who is up for a woohoo dammit Tira is leaving us for 10 days party?

I think you are doing a good job. You shall remain in your current role.

How can you get it sorted when you already have it sorted? You look fine to me not that my opinion necessarily matters all that much. I however need serious help. Eat that pavalova and enjoy it all thoroughly!!! :)

I only organised 1. 3 people including me turned up and I have not organised one since then...maybe set one up if there is a movie that you would like to see?

;););););)

If you like start giving me €100 a month, then when you want the money back I'll give it to you minus 25%...sound good?

Welcome!

where's my fecking cups WHITE BOY

p.s
    you better get ur whiney ass back to the u.s and get me some

I was indeed :D! nearly got trampled to death by a cob ,was quite scary tbh :o
    Yeah they dodgy alright these farms, if it isn't bullocks running after you it's farm machinery going out of control.

Wow that was one crazy post Kingtut. Yeah guess it can go either way. Will we set a date in June, you know you are the best organizer.

where's my fecking cups WHITE BOY

p.s
    you better get ur whiney ass back to the u.s and get me some

oh you edited that you sneaky little........

you never told me what size you needed ;):D

Yeah they dodgy alright these farms, if it isn't bullocks running after you it's farm machinery going out of control.

Wow that was one crazy post Kingtut. Yeah guess it can go either way. Will we set a date in June, you know you are the best organizer.

Ye I had a lot to catch up on. I missed a week of boards madness.

hell no, Tira is. I nominate Tira is the leader / organiser. Who is with me?

Ye I had a lot to catch up on. I missed a week of boards madness.

hell no, Tira is. I nominate Tira is the leader / organiser. Who is with me?

im with you. think logically, tira drinks more than you so it makes sense :p:p:p

FFS! Do not even think about me as the planner!!!
    I am going home and when I come back I want a HUGE beers nite!
    Understood????
    I am italian and lazy, bloody martini!
    Can't be the leader nor planner nor anything, I just show up and say silly stuff and make ppl laugh with my Mario&Luigi accent, that's my role...isn't it?
    And I am late half of the times, what kinda planner would I be?
    Plz, KingTut...I do prey u :(
    Gotta go cause I am late again...lol

Nice to see that the place is well alive and everyone is back... ^_^
    (I'll stay in contact even from the land of pizza and sun, I love ye like that)

Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Can't be the leader nor planner nor anything, I just show up and say silly stuff and make ppl laugh with my Mario&Luigi accent, that's my role...isn't it?

I haven't hear so much as an "It's-a-me!" out of you!
    Plus I'm sure you mean much more to us than that! :D

I hear lots music next door, house party. They have one like every 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Gate crash :D Is it good music?

Havn't a clue what it is, tis ok like. They have a direct line of sight into my bedroom too. I once looked out and they all started pointing.

Creepy...lol

My window is pretty big and faces the street, got caught blow drying my hair bouncing along to my stereo the other week, was absolutely mortified lol.

Dodgy alright with these windows facing the streets. Ah well, your fault you kept the curtains opened ;)

But it was the day time! I'm not a vampire! Gotta get some sunlight into the room!

Wonder is magicinz making his shopping list!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

From the outings thread....usually go topman, mantaray and that place mainly! Dont know where else to go xD i dont know about u web but im not picky at all xD haha! Thank god i have a quiet small estate :-P only thing i dnt like is ppl walking past your house, ur there eating dinner on the couch and they stare through the window :-o

Vampire woman are hot....at least in From Dusk Till Dawn

• Advertisement

Oh people are always staring here too! Some people just stop and stare at the garden??? Quite odd some days! I just give them a wave and watch them get all agitated trying to figure out what way they were supposed to be walking :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement