Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Evening everyone :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Evening all.

Was at a kids Christmas party today that was organised by my work.
    470 Kids - Pretty hectic!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

evening all!
    I finally saw Harry Potter. enjoyed it - bring on the last one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

73839_452803175909_730350909_5991450_4263597_n.jpg

oh man thats going to give me nightmares :p

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

oh man thats going to give me nightmares :p

That turkey has been given a damn good stuffing alright!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Morning guys! I'm defo feeling the Christmas buzz! Put up our tree over the weekend and gave some early presents to the nieces! :D

Profiteroles at work, yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Not a big fan of them! Don't like the cream part, however I still eat them! Lemon meringue pie. Now THAT's dessert!

• Advertisement

NoDice wrote: »
    Not a big fan of them! Don't like the cream part, however I still eat them!

:eek:

however I still eat them!

:cool:

Good girl ;)

Ha ha why did you get them in work anyway??

Girl at work is leaving today, she's going out on maternity leave. Strangely enough she brought in some nice things for us, and she knows RJ loves profiteroles :D

everyone loves profiteroles !

our stupid canteen isn't serving hot food again till after Christmas. It's only open about 5 months a year. the joys of working in University.

deRanged wrote: »
    the joys of working in University.

totty everywhere :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    totty everywhere :pac:

I couldn't possibly comment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Christmas dress = sorted! :D:cool:

Christmas dress = sorted! :D:cool:

lbd ???? :)

Ha ha ha can't believe you know what an LBD is! :D

Got a dress too for Christmas, Vera Moda sale - 20 quid - done! :)

Have to go in to help with a training class now for a few hours. I'm like a zombie after the birthday weekend - wrecked isn't the word! So god help the newbies who are expecting me to be helpful! :o:(

Course I know ;)

Belated Happy Birthday Nic if 'twas your birthday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

lbd ???? :)

Slightly shocked you know what that even is, but yes! :pac:

• Advertisement

lol. 'dunno why that's shocking, us modern men are great :pac:
    No doubt you look savagely hot in it Miss Lemons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

deRanged wrote: »
    everyone loves profiteroles !

our stupid canteen isn't serving hot food again till after Christmas. It's only open about 5 months a year. the joys of working in University.

thats pretty crap, especially in this weather:( I wontbe so quick to complain about ours now:P

at the risk of looking thick - wtf is it?

corkcomp wrote: »

at the risk of looking thick - wtf is it?

Little black dress :D
    'tis the season to be jolly, tra la la la la la la lala :pac:

thats pretty crap, especially in this weather:( I wontbe so quick to complain about ours now:P?

it's only open when the students are around. term finished last week, so no proper canteen. I guess they figure staff don't count.

still, can't be too bothered, it's nearly Christmas!

Course I know ;)

Belated Happy Birthday Nic if 'twas your birthday :)

Cheers it was! Getting old etc. I was tempted to build a fort out of bed sheets and chairs and take up the whole sitting room with it just to be a kid again seeing as I better start growing up soon. However my boyfriend warned me against it before leaving for work. :mad:

Dose that your canteen is closed deranged! Just to rub it in - our canteen is serving a Christmas meal on Thursday!! Oooooohhh!!! :P

Just to rub it in - our canteen is serving a Christmas meal on Thursday!! Oooooohhh!!! :P

Tomorrow for me :D

Tomorrow for me :D

same here:eek: dont think we work in the same place though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Sucks having 5 younger siblings when it comes to having to buy christmas presents :P
    My account balance is depressing to look at now.....Then again its nearly the big day :) Thank god for christmas FM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thank god for christmas FM :)

I love it, love it, love it!! Cant wait for Christmas, had our xmas lunch today, was only ok, nothing like our own one.:D

dont think we work in the same place though

don't think so either :)

Didn't go to the gym at all today, and visited Lennox's too :pac:
    Wrecked now, could do with a snooze, hate going to bed early though.

• Advertisement

don't think so either :)

Didn't go to the gym at all today, and visited Lennox's too :pac:
    Wrecked now, could do with a snooze, hate going to bed early though.

Ive started my new years resolution early...basicaly no more fast food take-aways or any fatty food. If i do i have to give two euro each to three of the lads and another two euro to charity. Its worked for a week and a half already which is a huge thing for me(and somehow have lost half a stone in the process :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Only two more days to xmas beers and I'm off work for the weekend :)

I'm sure my liver can take another one for the team....

Its worked for a week and a half already which is a huge thing for me(and somehow have lost half a stone in the process :) )

You must have had a very dodgy diet to drop half a stone in a week and a half just by dodging tasty grub :p

Ive started my new years resolution early...basicaly no more fast food take-aways or any fatty food. If i do i have to give two euro each to three of the lads and another two euro to charity. Its worked for a week and a half already which is a huge thing for me(and somehow have lost half a stone in the process :) )

QUITTER!!! Why would you do that? What has the fast food ever done to you??? On that note however, since I've moved out of town I haven't had Hillbillies.... It's been over two months now...... :)

QUITTER!!! Why would you do that? What has the fast food ever done to you??? On that note however, since I've moved out of town I haven't had Hillbillies.... It's been over two months now...... :)

You must be dieing for some salty, gravy covered Hillbillies chicken :p

You must be dieing for some salty, gravy covered Hillbillies chicken :p

My mouth actually watered at the sound of that. Num num num. I'd love to get some just it's too far away now there is no way I'd take it home with me on a bus or eat it inside there.. My new staple diet is cottage pies. The cheapest saltiest cottage pies.

You must have had a very dodgy diet to drop half a stone in a week and a half just by dodging tasty grub :p

Oh you can't even imagine the amount of takeaways i use to get...but my metabolism is a bit strange so it never really impacted on me too much :D But i just felt bad inside everytime i got one. The lads all got pizzas last night while we were watching home alone :cool:......it was torture to say the least!

My mouth actually watered at the sound of that. Num num num. I'd love to get some just it's too far away now there is no way I'd take it home with me on a bus or eat it inside there.. My new staple diet is cottage pies. The cheapest saltiest cottage pies.

Hillbillies on McCurtain Street is fine to sit down in ;)

Hillbillies on McCurtain Street is fine to sit down in ;)

Curse you RJ!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh you can't even imagine the amount of takeaways i use to get...but my metabolism is a bit strange so it never really impacted on me too much :D But i just felt bad inside everytime i got one. The lads all got pizzas last night while we were watching home alone :cool:......it was torture to say the least!

Yeah, I never feel too great after a takeaway, was rough enough this morning after the 9pm Lennoxs, should have gone to the gym instead :pac:

Yeah, I never feel too great after a takeaway, was rough enough this morning after the 9pm Lennoxs, should have gone to the gym instead :pac:

I have had free use of the mardyke for the last three years......even during the summer i was living right in front of the entrance to it. I have used it once ever and it was when i was in 6th year and used my cousins student card to get in there :P Laziness is a bitch to be honest :pac:

I have had free use of the mardyke for the last three years......even during the summer i was living right in front of the entrance to it. I have used it once ever and it was when i was in 6th year and used my cousins student card to get in there :P Laziness is a bitch to be honest :pac:

I remember having great plans to go to the gym when I got my student card years ago. Didn't go once despite having to pass it on my way home every day. Still haven't set foot in a gym. :( I'd love to get some equipment for home though.

I remember having great plans to go to the gym when I got my student card years ago. Didn't go once despite having to pass it on my way home every day. Still haven't set foot in a gym. :( I'd love to get some equipment for home though.

Yeah i think every student always had the great ambition to use the place and it ends up with about 1% actually doing it :rolleyes:
    New years resolution this year now to use the bloody place and get somewhat fitter(may not actually happen :D).

Yeah i think every student always had the great ambition to use the place and it ends up with about 1% actually doing it :rolleyes:
    New years resolution this year now to use the bloody place and get somewhat fitter(may not actually happen :D).

Ha ha I keep saying it too! One step at a time I think! Started already, as you did, by walking home after work. Can't get to Hillbillies (except for the one on mac street - thank you for ruining my life RJ ha!) so that's my main guilty pleasure out! Just have to quit the smokes!

New Years resolutions. Man this year has come and gone so bloody fast.

Nearly completed my one last year of watching the top 250 movies on IMDB at the time. Have only 25 left which i probably could do if i didn't have so much bloody study to do.

• Advertisement

Hey Everyone:D hope this forecasted snow wont stop us getting to boards beers later!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Hey Everyone:D hope this forecasted snow wont stop us getting to boards beers later!

I'm planning on starting a snowball fight!! Anyway - it will make the drinks even more Christmassy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

wow drinking game Bop-It Extreme 2 was a fricking great idea!! :D:D

nursemar88 wrote: »
    wow drinking game Bop-It Extreme 2 was a fricking great idea!! :D:D

Sounds like you had a great night and an even better idea! I'm defo trying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Sounds like you had a great night and an even better idea! I'm defo trying that!
    ya it was a great night... we had margaritas!! :D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement