Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Cool :)

So how was everyones day, did ye notice that crazy hail shower that came out of no where today

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Was that shortly after 5?
    Seen some mad weather just after I got in from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

My day was ok, had a heterocycles and organic synthesis exam that went pretty good!

First thing in the morning I have a Forensic Psychology exam, not nice so I doubt I'll be getting too much sleep tonight :(

Yep could very well have been that time. Came out of no where

My day was ok, had a heterocycles and organic synthesis exam that went pretty good!

First thing in the morning I have a Forensic Psychology exam, not nice so I doubt I'll be getting too much sleep tonight :(
    Get back to work! :)

Best luck with exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Talking to my friend on Skype..love. She's so southern!

Nice, - I've done projects on Skype, ins and outs of it yet I never used it once in my life for actually talking to someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

when ever i used skype the quality was kinda bad. i tried it on loads of different comps but the sound was always somewhat muffled and a bit of noise in the background. sip ftw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Mine is brill! Sounds is perfect!

towel401 wrote: »
    when ever i used skype the quality was kinda bad. i tried it on loads of different comps but the sound was always somewhat muffled and a bit of noise in the background. sip ftw?
    Sound can be bad sometimes ringing real phones from it but can't see why quality be bad otherwise since all digital.

SIP will only get you so far :)

• Advertisement

it probably just hates me then. i should make a new account from another comp and see if it makes a difference

Any plans for weekend people?

Oh the heavy rain is here again....hear it outside

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Sound can be bad sometimes ringing real phones from it but can't see why quality be bad otherwise since all digital.

SIP will only get you so far :)

back in the day the linux client used to show what codec was used ( dunno if it still does ) but one was more crappy sounding than the other. even the land line and gsm sounds bad compared to the IP phones i used. they use G.711 i think and skype has a few different ones but more likely its not the codecs fault just the crappy built in sound cards and headsets

Yeah you can still see it, SIP sets that negotiation up. Yeah basically different codecs have different mean opinion scores (where people actually listened and judged) but now they have better standard ones that software works out. PESQ

We must have a celebration at post 1000, only another 53 away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Right well im off to holland snowboarding guys! :-P gales up here in dublin so take off should be fun! :-) so ill see ye all on monday, hope fully without many broken bones :-P
    Have fun this weekend guys and remember, dont eat yellow snow ;-) xP

Wow lucky for some! - This is depressing, eveyrone going on holidays :)

Enjoy yourself now!

I'm going out of my mind.....bad day :mad:

Everyone out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hope this new day will be better for ya, Webby.

Greetings from Italy, ladies and gentlemen.
    Weather is warm and I am spending some days with my best friend in Trieste, NE border of Italy. I ate too much sushi yesterday and in the night I ate too much traditional triestin cuisine...
    It was years since I ate so much in just one day! Gosh.
    Oh well...

This is where I am now:

trieste.jpgtrieste.jpgtrieste6.jpg

For me this is easily the most beautiful place in the world (ok, along with Florence)...I adore this city. And I lived here my happiest days, I think.
    Sorry for bothering u with my blabla...
    I didn't leave Ireland in the best conditions and, despite being home, I am not feeling as I should...I think I am quite sad and that's why I am on boards since 7.30 on a sunday morning...can't sleep anymore.

I miss ye...TY for txts and stuff and I am now gonna take a look at this crazy poll of yours.
    Luv.
    Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

wow nice place
    bring back some proper men! :-)

Enjoy yourself Tira!

Ah now :(

now? yes please :p:p:p

excluding Donal O Connor of course.

now? yes please :p:p:p

excluding Donal O Connor of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

wow nice place

*waggles finger* :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Hey, while she's at it she could bring back some of her attractive Italian girlfriends to Ireland! :cool:

That radio chat was fun :) surprisingly enough! :)

kingtut wrote: »
    That radio chat was fun :) surprisingly enough! :)

my stupid stupid battery going dead so i couldn't hear it! ah well i hope it all went well and i hope you told them that i said cathy sinette looks like catherine tate!

my stupid stupid battery going dead so i couldn't hear it! ah well i hope it all went well and i hope you told them that i said cathy sinette looks like catherine tate!

umm I think I kinda / might have forgot...

so how are you? what did ya get up to for the evening? ;)

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    umm I think I kinda / might have forgot...

so how are you? what did ya get up to for the evening? ;)

meh i can't help but think about that drunk man! still giggling about it,i thought at one point he was gona slap you one on the back of the head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement