Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Never heard of them, but then again I was a strange child, never done what standard kids did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Oh my god, I remember them. They were like the ipod back then...wonder did towel like them lol

There was even a pink version for girls, the Talk Girl. What a stupid name for a device tho, Talkboy

i kind of vaguely remember seeing one in a smyths catalogue but never in real life. i was the first in secondary school to have a mp3 player. tiny little yoke with no screen that ran off a single AAA battery. before that I had a 16mB 'disgo' usb drive and nobody knew what it was until i told them. i went around for a whole 2 days pretending to 'zap' people with that thing and most of them actually jumped

those disgo yokes were marketed as a 'true floppy killer' and of course everyone thought it was bull**** because i paid 50 eur for that thing and you could buy a whole box of floppies for that. but look how wrong they all were

Yeah remember those first MP3 players alright :)

Remember the tamagotchi craze

Yeah remember those first MP3 players alright :)

Remember the tamagotchi craze

yea. i was in 6th class then. *everyone* had one. even me. the ****ing thing broke. will probably be worth thousands if you have an original white one in its box in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I had a 28mb mp3 player, had about 5 songs and I used to hold it on the bus all the time, then the nanos came out and my friend had one, yeah I quickly got my parents down to Harvey Normans lol.

• Advertisement

Wern't you a spoiled little one :pac:

go go harvey go!

towel401 wrote: »
    go go harvey go!
    God I hate that ad. That's why I dont listen to 96FM anymore

Wern't you a spoiled little one :pac:

I was and still am :( Shouldn't be admitting that should I? Then again, self admittance is the first step :)

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I was and still am :( Shouldn't be admitting that should I? Then again, self admittance is the first step :)
    Probably the only step :pac:

• Advertisement

lol.

Oh man I need to block youtube! so bad! I'm onto my boybands, towel wanna join in on some "blue"? :D

Hmmm ...I'm out of here! :pac:

Time for bed finally. Night all, enjoy the music :)

lol.

Oh man I need to block youtube! so bad! I'm onto my boybands, towel wanna join in on some "blue"? :D

i was more into village people myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

He probably still uses his :pac: I remember thinking I was the coolest person in the world when I got a portable cd player, mine was a this fancy looking silver one and my friend had some boxy black one lol.

iggtxh.jpg

:D

Oh my God!! I had one of those, in fact I think it may still be around somewhere!! I have to find it! Screw my iPhone, Talkboy is where it's at!

Can I borrow it if you do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ave.

Feeling even worst than last days on the heart&soul side (stopped in Dub on the way back just to be humiliated, it looks like...hope time will do good, I am so lost now and confused...I dont remember being treated like this very often, even if I TRY TO understand his reasons it hurts like hell to be mistreated by someone who said they loved and cared) but happy to be back in town.

Missed ye.

Music:

PS I am officially single again, place your bet. :P

Can I borrow it if you do? :)

Yeah no prob! Hopefully it still works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Ave.

Feeling even worst than last days on the heart&soul side (stopped in Dub on the way back just to be humiliated, it looks like...hope time will do good, I am so lost now and confused...I dont remember being treated like this very often, even if I understand his reasons it hurts like hell) but happy to be back in town.

Missed ye.

*hugz* tis good to have ya back

ya know dubs are bad news loike. so many arrogant pricks over there who seem to think that life itself is an inconvenience.

i`m so totally going to the arann islands next week. hopefully all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

sorry to hear that Tira.

I'm about to start into a G&T and listen to the Manics new album. love the cover art.

Let me know how it is! I need to buy a couple of new albums this week.

• Advertisement

You sure love your music :)

I'm here learning a management module for college, one of my 2 exams. Its awful stuff to learn

Thank you, guys...awww...i can't wait for this horrible moment to be over.

Dan, I texted to the island about the SuperMac...it's not open yet and they dunno if is gonna be open this year...awww...I remember the used to serve the cod (loved your bloggy stuff).

I am sooooo tired.

I really do! I am discovering way too many new bands/artists. Got the two "Cobra Starships" albums, probably not everyones cup of tea but man I'm utterly obsessed! Even one of my older brothers is asking me to play something new lol.

Tira, you should be in bed after all your travelling! You'll exhaust yourself!

Tira, you should be in bed after all your travelling! You'll exhaust yourself!

I know u are right, Vinta.
    I dread the sleep cause I am having nightmares lately :\ almost everytime i fall asleep in the late days.

Yeah I'm a big music lover too. I get on average 10-20 albums a week (from my American cousins of course!) unless I really love the band and need to have the CD.

So what's everyone's favourite bands on here outta curiousity? Any recommendations?

Too tired to think of music, going to bed folks...
    Sleep tight u all.

Cliche, but I've always loved Oasis, got it from my brother since I was a kid.

I love All-American Rejects, White Tie Affair, Motion City Soundtrack are brilliant, Paolo Nutini (singer) is wicked too, Jacks Mannequin are alright, a new band I'm really into are called "There for Tomorrow", Conditions are good too.

Cool, I like Motion City Soundtrack too!
    My favourites would be Alexisonfire, Biffy Clyro, Darkest Hour, Rise Against, After the Burial and Mastodon. I have a really varied taste but generally am more into the rock/metal/alternative side of things. Love Johnny Cash too!

Johnny Cash is wicked! Although the whole "Walk The Line" bandwagon was annoying lol. Bob Dylan is always a classic, "the Hurricane" although my brother did say to listen to the Jimi Hendrix version of "All Along The Watchtower". I'm trying to think of others. I have apretty ecletic taste in music as well. I've got everything from Bob to The Rolling Stones to Britney to Jay Z to AAR to ABBA to AC/DC and Pavarotti on my iTunes lol.

John Mayer is my staple, can't go a day without listening to one of his records!

• Advertisement

Cool, you have good taste :) I have everything from All Shall Perish and Winds of Plague to Jerry Lee Lewis to Lady Gaga and Kelly Clarkson. Some pretty crazy combinations right there lol

I definitely have to go to lots of gigs over the summer, haven't been to many this year due to being so busy with college :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement