Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I've only got two and they are both pop concerts. Nothing too exciting in the Marquee unfourtunatly. I was told KOL were coming, sadly no sign of them in the line up. I do want to start going to gigs as opposed to clubbing this summer, how that will sit with my friends I'm not too sure lol.

I like your taste too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Yeah I'm way more of a gig person. The atmosphere at them is usually awesome! Even ones with local bands can be amazing.
    I love playing em too and my bands album is almost finished so we'll do a few gigs around the country during the summer hopefully. Can't wait!

You'll have to play Cork :D

Where would you usually go to gigs, local bands and the like. I'll have to present my plan to my friends with details of the where and whens lol.

Yeah definitely :) Well we're a fairly heavy band so we usually play in Cruiscín Lán on Douglas Street or Fred Zeppelins which is just off the South Mall. Freds is tiny but the Cruiscín is awesome!

The Quad and the Bróg have gigs too as well as Cyprus Avenue and of course there's the Pavillion which is easily the best venue in the city, amazing set up and there's usually something on there everything. Lots of rock/indie bands play there! Would love to play there sometime!

If you're going with friends then out of those I'd suggest the Pavillion.

I can't do Fred's :( sorry! Was there once and had no idea about the palce, walked in in my dress and everyone was like "..." yeah not my scene I don't think. I've been to Cruiscin Lan before, battle of the bands think it was? Very good night indeed.

I really need to try the Pavillion, it's the one place I haven't been yet! Might be an idea, it's not over 21s though?

And, I think it's officially time for me to go to bed, I just put butter in the sink! I'm not functioning properly lol.

Nice talking to you, music chat is always fab! Night xoxo

• Advertisement

Yeah the Freds crowd is definitely a hostile one, I'm not a fan of em myself and it's a bit of a tip to play in but since the Whiskey closed it's pretty much the only choice besides the Cruiscín.

I'm not sure about the Pavillion, it could be alright now that ya mention it. Cool, nice talking to you too :) Good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

omg i was in freds there only a few days ago listening to some ridiculously loud rock music. i swear to god if it was any louder it would have killed me. so much noise in such a small room loike

the cruiscin is fairly daycent alright but tis fairly expensive to put on a gig there i think. more than freds anyway

they didnt seem to hostile to me anyway. of course as usual all the nice beours had boyfriends :( bah. girls are like domain names

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I love the Fred, is not hostile to me cause I kind of belong in that kind of places lol
    Actually...what about a beers night there, hm?

This said, goodmorning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

morning people.

anyone know what the queue outside Marks this morning was for?

3547760435_f619a1074c.jpg

Nope but I feel like I need to find out now...lolz.
    U always go around with your camera, hm? I admire you ^_^

• Advertisement

U always go around with your camera, hm?

yup. one of them anyway. and I just bought a shiny new one :)

Now I envie you :P

Speaking of which...What about that Cobh stuff?

deRanged wrote: »
    morning people.

It's for their 125th anniversary sale. Their selling particular items in store for only 1c but I think many people think everything in the store is 1c hence the pandemonium! I bet they'll be disappointed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

morning people.

Marks are having a one cent sale.:eek:

Speaking of which...What about that Cobh stuff?

Sunday. I'll start putting times and stuff in the other thread soon.

Sunday. I'll start putting times and stuff in the other thread soon.

Oki. I'll be there 99%...I can really use some strolling around taking pics of huge boats time.

One cent sale? *running to Pana*

I really don't like people who call into the radio lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Vinta81 wrote: »

You heard me? :eek: They rang me I promise :$

lol. They're on RED FM, talking about weight loss and all that malarky. I haven't listened to the radio in ages and now I remember why!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

lol. They're on RED FM, talking about weight loss and all that malarky. I haven't listened to the radio in ages and now I remember why!

lol I listen to it on the way to work, they always tell ya where the jams are so I know where to avoid. apart from traffic reports and weather it sucks. they play the same ****ty music over and over and over again :mad:

I was on it a week or two ago, I had the great pleasure of complaining to Victor Barry about election posters. I didn't let him get a word in....i felt sooooooo good :D:D they clearly knew I talk a lot :P

• Advertisement

i used to ring red fm all the time. back when charlie wolf was around, i was his #1 fan. real conservative guy and not afraid to say it. down with all this new fangled modern culture and down with the EU. long live the good old days! HELL TEXAS YEA! Shoot those bastards up with your own fully automatic shotgun and let God take care of them!

Oh my the lads are out in full force

kingtut wrote: »
    lol I listen to it on the way to work, they always tell ya where the jams are so I know where to avoid. apart from traffic reports and weather it sucks. they play the same ****ty music over and over and over again :mad:

I was on it a week or two ago, I had the great pleasure of complaining to Victor Barry about election posters. I didn't let him get a word in....i felt sooooooo good :D:D they clearly knew I talk a lot :P

you should become a dj. set up a pirate radio station and blast a few jiggawatts into the sky. you'd be perfect for it. never stop talking. after a few minutes i'd be like "ah, loike i dont know what to say anymore and i ran out of good songs so i'm going off the air now cya guise"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well at least Cork radio is 1000 times better than kerry radio. Funnily enough, Kerry radio seems to be picked up all over the country, what ever sort transmitters using. 97 FM with Weeshie Fogarty on Terrace Talk

The Cork accent on Victor Barry's show is just crazy... hard to listen, nothing but roaring :pac:

Weeshie? are you serious? howd they ever let a lad called that near a transmitter

Dankoozy wrote: »
    Weeshie? are you serious? howd they ever let a lad called that near a transmitter
    He's famous, even lecturers at college talk about him!

Funny name alright though.

Oh is this Victor Barry on now so? He just interrupted the bloody song!

Oh is this Victor Barry on now so? He just interrupted the bloody song!

i'm sure the labels pay him to do that to prevent people recording songs off the radio. its a well known practice

Ah but people download for free now! so shouldn't be a problem!

Urgh, I want to go to a concert and nonce of my friends will go, but I don't want to go alone either.

• Advertisement

Have a boards concert event

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement