Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

OMG Inception... beautifully crafted, clever, amazing film!! :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

gratz akamossy for ur loan thing!

Am on holidaysn in a wifi bus at moment, so got a chance to keep an eye on forums a bit. Whats new with everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Afternoon everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I was really tired this morning and have now had too much coffee! Hyper! For some reason being hyper makes me want beer :D

ha ha, will you be sneaking to the pub at lunch time then jujibee. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

That new bike lane out by CIT sucks balls despite looking nice. Where should I start a thread about it? Cork City or Cycling?

Good afternoon to you, Mudokon! Great afternoon for some Lithuanian beer by the litre, methinks.

...'afternoon jujibee!

Ha! I wish, even though it is slower than molasses here I still have to pretend I am working on something and I could never do that after a beer :)

jujibee wrote: »
    I was really tired this morning and have now had too much coffee! Hyper! For some reason being hyper makes me want beer :D

That's weird, I hadn't read that post when I wrote what I wrote. I had coffee this morning too.

FTGFOP wrote: »
    That's weird, I hadn't read that post when I wrote what I wrote. I had coffee this morning too.

Proof positive - Coffee makes you want beer.

Hey FTGFOP, the choices you have, Cork forum, cycling for forum or if you are really mad at it there is always ranting & raving. What's wrong with the cycle lane.

I've never tried Lithuanian beer, I take it that it's good. :)

I know what you mean jujibee, I used to work in a place where we would all go to the pub at lunch on Friday's. The afternoons were a right off after that. :o

• Advertisement

My favourite beer tastes a lot like tea, and my favourite tea tastes like ale. I thought it was a beautiful coming together. What do I do now with coffee in the equation.

...favourite stout is Shandon, it tastes like coffee. Sorted.

mudokon wrote: »

I know what you mean jujibee, I used to work in a place where we would all go to the pub at lunch on Friday's. The afternoons were a right off after that. :o

Yeah, once I have a beer I either need to keep drinking or go take a nap :P

I used it today. It looked pristine. I was geekily looking forward to using it but as soon as I left the road for it my bike started shuddering like a washing machine. It's not nearly as smooth as it looks. It's not going to smoothen out either like those ones that are at road level 'cause there won't every be any cars going over it. :(

jujibee wrote: »
    Yeah, once I have a beer I either need to keep drinking or go take a nap :P

And naps are no fun, carrying on drinking is much better. :pac:

Irishtom will be banned soon for spamming. :P

He's just picking threads from the front page it looks like. Thought he was a genuine local appealing to people of Cork first.

Very rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah he's been reported

I used it today. It looked pristine. I was geekily looking forward to using it but as soon as I left the road for it my bike started shuddering like a washing machine. It's not nearly as smooth as it looks. It's not going to smoothen out either like those ones that are at road level 'cause there won't every be any cars going over it. :(

You think they'd at least have made the surface smooth. It's great that they are making more cycle lanes but if they are that bad nobody will use them so it's a wast of time/funds.
    He's just picking threads from the front page it looks like. Thought he was a genuine local appealing to people of Cork first.

Very rude.

I thought that too but then I got a notification that he posted the same in the Retrogaming forum.

How are you Webmonkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm good thanks mudokon. Quite tired today, went out for few drinks last night :)

It has been a bit of a write off of a day!

How are you?

I've never tried Lithuanian beer, I take it that it's good. :)

'tis pretty good. The novelty factor of drinking it by the litre adds to it.

Word of warning though: drinking by the litre gets you nearly twice as drunk as drinking by the pint. You will talk sh*t about being in an improptu whiskey-drinking contest with a burly Scottish woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I have to stop getting up this late.....

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm good thanks mudokon. Quite tired today, went out for few drinks last night :)

It has been a bit of a write off of a day!

How are you?

I'm goog now, today has been a write off for me too, was watching "how I met your mother" last night & fell asleep in front of the telly. Work up at 6am in the chair with aches all over. Did the sensible thing & went to bed then. :D

Hence I'm not going to the 2pm showing of Inception so I might go this evening now.
    'tis pretty good. The novelty factor of drinking it by the litre adds to it.

Word of warning though: drinking by the litre gets you nearly twice as drunk as drinking by the pint. You will talk sh*t about being in an improptu whiskey-drinking contest with a burly Scottish woman.

Stories about impromptu drinking contests always have a funny part to them though. :pac:

How did the photo with the €2 turn out?

I looked hard to find a burly scottish woman shouting ISLE OF JURA to camera so as to simulate my experience for people. I came up with nothing, nothing even close. The task now falls to you, Frodo Mudokon!

Also google images has gone all bing, I've just discovered. Not sure I like.

How did the photo with the €2 turn out?

:pac: And I thought you were being coyer than me! Turned out pretty good. It's wallpaper potential is being utilised.

Hmm... I could post it but I don't think I have a cable to connect my phone to the computer. Can't send mms from my phone for some reason.

A rematch/ re-creation is in order with video camera in tow for posterity.

Google images is bing free for me. :confused:

This looks like bings image search when I do it.

Recreation is unlikely. I only met my opponent once, never got her name. Not against going back to Edinburgh though.

:pac: And I thought you were being coyer than me! Turned out pretty good. It's wallpaper potential is being utilised.

Hmm... I could post it but I don't think I have a cable to connect my phone to the computer. Can't send mms from my phone for some reason.

Ha ha, no I was just a bit slow. :o I dont think you can send pics by phone as they dont seem to have compression software so the pics are huge so they don't let you send them.
    This looks like bings image search when I do it.

Recreation is unlikely. I only met my opponent once, never got her name. Not against going back to Edinburgh though.

I clicked your link & now when I go to google images it looks the same. :mad:

This may have to suffice for the time being then. :pac:
    121141.jpg

:pac::pac::pac: Well done. Where others gave up you persevered.

Bing binggoogle googlegoogle

Hope that last link fixes things for you.

:pac::pac::pac: Well done. Where others gave up you persevered.

Bing binggoogle googlegoogle

Hope that last link fixes things for you.

MS Paint is my friend especially when combined with lazy afternoons. :D

I hear ya! MS Paint ftw. Some of my best work.

• Advertisement

ha ha, that's putting me to shame. Quality pic. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement