Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

RoverJames wrote: »

Best thing may be at Blackpool to head up the North ring, then through the tunnel and out to West Cork. Not the quickest way but you avoid the city and it's a main road.

yes, thats what i "eventually" did.......but as i said the signage was poor and at those large roundabouts you don't which lane to be in until the very last second:(

all i can say is...god help the tourists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ainu wrote: »
    it is, but its would still be nice to have one... just been sort of fired...

:eek: Sorry to hear that. Hope you don't have to do a Steve on it and leave in search of work.
    fryup wrote: »
    was trying to get from limerick city via cork to bandon...

Local knowledge is the thing - we wouldn't want to make it too easy :rolleyes:. From the Dublin road the tunnel is your best bet, but from the Mallow road there's a short-cut down past a graveyard that brings you down towards the Anglers Rest and from there it's easy to get on the Ballincollig bypass for a quick 120k blast to the Bandon road roundabout. It'd be handy if I knew the name of the graveyard to key into a sat-nav :o
    shakencat wrote: »
    never again

.....until next time........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I'm hungry, Chinese, MacDonalds, Abrakebabra, McD, BurkerKing or Lennuxs ?? Wonder is Golden Fry open now ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Golden Fry is closed until Aug 25th :( Just when I'm craving potato cakes again it's their annual 2 weeks holiday...b!tch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Golden Fry is closed until Aug 25th :( Just when I'm craving potato cakes again it's their annual 2 weeks holiday...b!tch :p

Dennys do good enough Potato cakes. I'd say as good or better than Golden Fry, but never been a fan of GF anyway ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I gots me a new job :D delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Congrats :D when do you start?

Congrats :D when do you start?

Not sure yet, lotsa training to be done and all that but I'm delighted :)

Vinta81 wrote: »

Ah yes, Francis gone on hols. I went to McDonalds :D Felt awful this morning after it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

/steps in after a loooong time

OHAI!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

/steps in after a loooong time

OHAI!

hey stranger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

:)

Ciao DeRa, how's you? ^_^
    I is cooking...niom niom

:)

Ciao DeRa, how's you? ^_^
    I is cooking...niom niom

I'm excellent thanks. I'm wearing my new shorts and sandals. I feel about 12 :)

how're you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well I just confirmed that I'm leaving the job and Cork! - Taking a leap of faith. I'll miss this place :(

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well I just confirmed that I'm leaving the job and Cork! - Taking a leap of faith. I'll miss this place :(

no way! where are you off to?

The big smoke I think!

good luck with it!
    I think everyone should move up there for a bit. if only so you appreciate Cork even more :)

deRanged wrote: »
    good luck with it!
    I think everyone should move up there for a bit. if only so you appreciate Cork even more :)
    ha I know so everyone says. Well when I was abroad in Germany etc, I seemed to like city life. I was thinking I might live outside coastal town though and get Dart in to work.

I must find a job first though but there are 3000 so hopefully something haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

The big smoke I think!

Jees do you miss Steve that much you are following him up, lol:D:D
    Best of luck with the job search though!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Jees do you miss Steve that much you are following him up, lol:D:D
    Best of luck with the job search though!
    Yep he's the reason I'm going :p haha.

Thanks, I'm all excited now. But I'm so indecisive. I could end up coming on this next week saying I'm staying in Cork!

Thanks, I'm all excited now. But I'm so indecisive. I could end up coming on this next week saying I'm staying in Cork!

Aww :( you'll be missed but besta luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Don't leave Webby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

My money is on this. :P good luck if you ever decide to move though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

mudokon wrote: »
    My money is on this. :P good luck if you ever decide to move though.
    LOL :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Don't move :(

I must find a job first though but there are 3000 so hopefully something haha.

Best of luck if you decide to move :) Dublin isn't too bad, lived there for over 2 years a good while ago. Is that 3000 a count of monster or similar for vacancies in your line of work ? If so grain of salt etc is required, same job is probably listed 40 or 50 times.

Best of luck if you decide to move :) Dublin isn't too bad, lived there for over 2 years a good while ago. Is that 3000 a count of monster or similar for vacancies in your line of work ? If so grain of salt etc is required, same job is probably listed 40 or 50 times.
    Ah yeah I'm taking them with grain of salt. Intel always there anyways and they were offering me job not too long ago as I'm a past employ there. But I'd rather go with a smaller company though, see more.

Thanks for all the comments people haha. But I'm more than likely going alright once I get an interview and sort one out. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puddie77

Hi guys theres a gang of us going to cork on the 28th aug, all old pals just for a get together, any suggestions for a good 80's club please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

:eek::mad:
    Thats one very sad news for sure... But man, u must still come down here to go for drinks with us or something...
    gonna miss ya loads :(
    When exactly are u going?
    puddie77 wrote: »
    Hi guys theres a gang of us going to cork on the 28th aug, all old pals just for a get together, any suggestions for a good 80's club please.

Well, in my opinion there is no special good 80ś club. Just must keep eyes open for events in usual clubs/pubs.
    Would like to go to 80ś party... havent heard of any lately... if anyone hears one, i wanna know too!!!

puddie77 wrote: »

Try Electric Dreams in savoy. My friends mad into it. First Friday of every month only though. http://www.electricdreams.tv/home.php
    kart wrote: »
    :eek::mad:
    Thats one very sad news for sure... But man, u must still come down here to go for drinks with us or something...
    gonna miss ya loads :(
    When exactly are u going?

Ah I won't be gone far don't worry! :) Yeah don't worry, I'll be down Kerry/Cork most weekends I'd say. Just few hours drive now with Motor way.
    I'll miss ye too =)

It won't be very immediate, but maybe late September!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Try Electric Dreams in savoy. My friends mad into it. First Friday of every month only though. http://www.electricdreams.tv/home.php

Ah I won't be gone far don't worry! :) Yeah don't worry, I'll be down Kerry/Cork most weekends I'd say. Just few hours drive now with Motor way.
    I'll miss ye too =)

It won't be very immediate, but maybe late September!
    come for drinks on friday somewhere?
    hint-hint: referring to august meetup thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement