Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

hahah modeling shots or.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

corkcomp wrote: »
    what you doing in here? stop spamming us:(:P:pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

bloody brilliant, ROFL.. people wondering what so funny on my phone:D "I DONT LIKE SPAM" stamps feet :p

shakencat wrote: »
    :(

You'll be welcome even when you have an Aussie accent :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

monthy python is crap sorry, not clicking on the video, just no. pure w**k

anyway im here to et everyone know that its monday, monday you know, monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

stevexo wrote: »
    monthy python is crap sorry, not clicking on the video, just no. pure w**k

anyway im here to et everyone know that its monday, monday you know, monday!

how annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

how annoying.
    nah

stevexo wrote: »
    nah

well.. how you settling into new home boy? have you started Maynooth nites out thread yet?:p what a waste of few hours.. i fell asleep around 7 with no knowledge of it and just woke up few minutes ago:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did anyone go to the paddy games ?? was it any good or embarrasingly stupid??:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

fryup wrote: »
    did anyone go to the paddy games ?? was it any good or embarrasingly stupid??:cool:

Bit of both , good turnout to be fair!

RJ eventually sold his old BMW on Thursday evening :), after putting €90 petrol into it on Thursday morning :rolleyes:
    But RJ was then back in his Rover :D
    So RJ transferred his insurance, taxed his Rover for the next 3 months, booked an NCT, put €50 petrol in it, polished and waxed it and fixed a little exhaust leak ...................... and then the gearbox went in the fecking thing yesterday evening, RJ was quite sad :(
    But saw the funny side of it (ish) :pac:

ffs you serious? - it's gone in mine too. I had it just changed and my brother went off back the fields with it.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    ffs you serious? - it's gone in mine too. I had it just changed and my brother went off back the fields with it.

Yep - 100% serious, thank feck I didn't clay bar it before polishing it, was going to but didn't bother. Is it your ZS that you mention above ?

All going to plan I'm collecting something nice tomorrow.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Yep - 100% serious, thank feck I didn't clay bar it before polishing it, was going to but didn't bother. Is it your ZS that you mention above ?

All going to plan I'm collecting something nice tomorrow.
    Ah no, the ZS is perfect, couldn't be going better. It's for sale for 5k but I think i'm going to have to drop to 4.5k. Sickener.

It was the R400. My previous car. Now its parked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

Didn't realise there was so many PC people in Cork :eek:

Ian Mac wrote: »
    Didn't realise there was so many PC people in Cork :eek:

me neither :confused:

thats bad RJ.. any second hand gearboxes to be got?

thats bad RJ.. any second hand gearboxes to be got?

No shortage of them, were in all 1.4 and 1.6 petrol Rovers up until they started using a Ford box after BMW sold Rover, BMW kept the gearbox factory and were charging Rover looney money for them, a reconned one with new bearings would be a few hundred though. Don't think I'll bother, with a fresh NCT I'd have struggled to get €800 ish for her I reckon.

I'd be surprized too.

However, I got a gearbox for 60/70 euro in scrap yard. Was grand until my brother made **** of it

No shortage of them, were in all 1.4 and 1.6 petrol Rovers up until they started using a Ford box after BMW sold Rover, BMW kept the gearbox factory and were charging Rover looney money for them, a reconned one with new bearings would be a few hundred though. Don't think I'll bother, with a fresh NCT I'd have struggled to get €800 ish for her I reckon.

yeah doesnt make much sense financially unless you fancy a bit of a project:D

• Advertisement

yeah doesnt make much sense financially unless you fancy a bit of a project:D

Wouldn't tackle a gearbox to be honest.
    The story potentially has a happy ending though.

Fixing the gearbox internally? - that be a fun job I'd say!

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Fixing the gearbox internally? - that be a fun job I'd say!

No :) The happy ending I was referring to is.........

NewImage1.jpg

The ZTs have their own pitfalls, VIS motors, hugely expensive timing belt replacement costs to mention but two, fingers crossed she doesn't break my heart.

(€1000 a year to tax the fecker too)

No :) The happy ending I was referring to is.........

NewImage1.jpg

The ZTs have their own pitfalls, VIS motors, hugely expensive timing belt replacement costs to mention but two, fingers crossed she doesn't break my heart.

(€1000 a year to tax the fecker too)
    Ah yeah the KV6, nothing but VIS issues over on mg-rover.org about that ha. But it's not that big a job?

Yes the timing belt seems a huge job but i guess if do yourself be okay but you need special tools for it yeah.

Ah go for it! The purr of the engine will be worth it

she looks nice:D V6 ?

Feck it indeed, 'tis auto so that's one of the weak links removed.

Feck it indeed, 'tis auto so that's one of the weak links removed.

even better:D ive grown to life auto recently.. on the look out for a replacement main car now and not sure about auto though.. decisions decisions

I always had auto phobia too, but had a Prelude for a few months in 2009 that was auto, changed my view of them, they are lovely really in a big cc car. One of the friends has a 1.4 auto Astra that is a pity of a thing.

lol. yes the Astra's, we had several. a pig of a car even with a manual gearbox, especially the pre 2004 ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

jaysus this car speak is going waaaayyyyy over my head.....:rolleyes::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement