Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

nursemar88 wrote: »
    evening.... :)

hullo. how's the form?

and what did happen to stevexo's ribs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

evening all:) long week:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

deRanged wrote: »
    hullo. how's the form?

and what did happen to stevexo's ribs?
    was leaning over the back of the couch to pick up the screw driver that fell off the back. thought it would be ok to lean on one hand while stretching the other out to pick it up but somehow bruised my ribs. nearly back to normal, i hope. been a week and a half of it. every time i go to sneeze, just as im about to launch into it, the pain kicks in and cancels the sneeze, any you just know it was going to be an epic sneeze

stevexo wrote: »
    was leaning over the back of the couch to pick up the screw driver that fell off the back. thought it would be ok to lean on one hand while stretching the other out to pick it up but somehow bruised my ribs. nearly back to normal, i hope. been a week and a half of it. every time i go to sneeze, just as im about to launch into it, the pain kicks in and cancels the sneeze, any you just know it was going to be an epic sneeze

thats bad:( hows work going up there? you still doing training courses? same story here:cool: you must visit sometime:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah Steve - we miss ya :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 martina81

Hi folks, im a first timer...be gentle;)
    suffering a bout of insomnia so thought i'd join in on some late nite chat!!
    The general randomness caught my attention as there is an unsolved question that has haunted me for some time.......Has anybody ever seen a priest pump petrol? cos i sure havent yet they all drive mmmmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

martina81 wrote: »
    The general randomness caught my attention as there is an unsolved question that has haunted me for some time.......Has anybody ever seen a priest pump petrol? cos i sure havent yet they all drive mmmmmmm!

Hi martina81, the late night chat was a bit slow I see. Hope the insomnia passed fairly quickly. :) I'e never seen a priest pump petrol either so I'm no use to you. :pac:

i saw one do it last sunday in longford
    corkcomp wrote: »
    thats bad:( hows work going up there? you still doing training courses? same story here:cool: you must visit sometime:D

nah, its everyone else's turn to visit. i spent 8 months visiting cork :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yuck, I hope you feel better soon!

Hi Martina, are you a Corkonian ? Late night chat was scarce on the ground I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

hello =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Has anybody ever seen a priest pump petrol? cos i sure havent yet they all drive mmmmmmm!

Yes I have, it was about 6 years ago, in a filling station on the Muckross Road in Killarney.

He was also smoking at the time =/

I think I will need many beers on Friday.

welcome:) I couldnt tell you the last time I even saw a priest, and dont ever recall seeing one filling petrol.. our local one is off the road at present:rolleyes::p

haha:D we must do sometime...
    oeb wrote: »
    Yes I have, it was about 6 years ago, in a filling station on the Muckross Road in Killarney.

He was also smoking at the time =/

LOL:pac:
    jujibee wrote: »
    I think I will need many beers on Friday.

+1000 me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's crazy talk :eek: I visited Longford once. Nice enough town but there's not a long that would temp me to make the long journey back.

What a miserable day. I think I'll spend the day playing that game my nephew is playing behind me - it looks awesome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 LikePlace

Cork City's poor ratings got a bloody nose in today's Cork Independent newspaper.

http://www.corkindependent.com/local-news/local-news/cork-scores-poorly-in-online-review/

LikePlace wrote: »
    Cork City's poor ratings got a bloody nose in today's Cork Independent newspaper.

http://www.corkindependent.com/local-news/local-news/cork-scores-poorly-in-online-review/

Cork got 3.8/5.0 and Dublin got 3.2/5.0 so it ain't all bad :P

The rating system is flawed, if you check the detailed ratings for rebel. They have not put any rating in for the cost of living so effectively 0 out of 5 but their full score still amounts to 4.9 out of 5.

There should probably be a minimum amount of people required to rate an area before they are published as results as the top places only have one vote each.

yeah, I was noticing that like the top 30 places all had only 1 reviewer each. Silly nonsense of an article.

Totally agree, a useless article based on figures from a poorly designed website. :pac:

• Advertisement

shakencat wrote: »
    hello =]

Hi u :) How's the tour plans going

That's crazy talk :eek: I visited Longford once. Nice enough town but there's not a long that would temp me to make the long journey back.
    good thing im in kildare then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jasonpkennedy

mudokon wrote: »
    Totally agree, a useless article based on figures from a poorly designed website. :pac:

Hello everyone,
    I'm the person who wrote this article. I can see where you're coming from. I did mention in the article that:

"Areas with fewer ratings are placing higher in the list. With one five out of five rating, Ballinlough, Ballymakeagh, Coolacoosane, Conna, Ballindangan and Kilavoy are currently rated the as the best places to live in Cork. The lowest rating areas in Cork, which have also just received one rating each are Ballycotton, Mitchelstown, Dunmanway, Mahon and Rathcormac."

The website does have some major flaws, but I found the website interest. It sounds to me that it's a website that was designed to annoy people. From what I've heard so far, it's doing a good job of it too. It has a real ratemyteachers kind of feel to it. Not sure if it will take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I thought I might just pop into this monster thread and say hello so, hello!

Hello everyone,
    I'm the person who wrote this article. I can see where you're coming from. I did mention in the article that:

"Areas with fewer ratings are placing higher in the list. With one five out of five rating, Ballinlough, Ballymakeagh, Coolacoosane, Conna, Ballindangan and Kilavoy are currently rated the as the best places to live in Cork. The lowest rating areas in Cork, which have also just received one rating each are Ballycotton, Mitchelstown, Dunmanway, Mahon and Rathcormac."

The website does have some major flaws, but I found the website interest. It sounds to me that it's a website that was designed to annoy people. From what I've heard so far, it's doing a good job of it too. It has a real ratemyteachers kind of feel to it. Not sure if it will take off.

Hi jasonpkennedy! Yes, your article did point out the discrepancies in the voting and thank you for that:) I think that your article might have driven more traffic to the site since as Cork has now dropped in score but we are still higher than Dublin :P
    Malice_ wrote: »
    I thought I might just pop into this monster thread and say hello so, hello!

Hello!

Hello everyone,

Hi jasonpkennedy,

You did point out the discrepancies to be fair & you could only write the article on the material that was in front of you so the problem really lies with the website itself.

It could be an interesting site if it was taken seriously but the problem with these sites are that they are open to abuse. This is highlighted by the fact that over 9% of the people that have voted gave Cork City a perfect score & 6% gave the lowest possible score (there are only 33 votes though). I'd only looked at the website for a couple of minutes earlier & you didn't have to look hard to find the flaws.

As you also said in the article the website is in it's infancy so maybe we should give it a chance & see how it develops before writing it off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey there bitches! ;)

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey there bitches! ;)

Ms Dice :D You've been missed, hope all is good your end

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey there bitches! ;)

Yo;) Morning... welcome back to Chaos:pac:

• Advertisement

She was only teasing us :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.