Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I've been in both, and think South Infirmary is far better, though they did put me in with really really old women who all had cancer when i was like 16 and that scared the crap outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

I was in Mallow General for a while. Someone who visited me said it was like "The Royal" (Heartbeat 60's spinoff) but I thought it was fun. Paint peeling off the walls and that feeling of old times gone :)

When I was in the Mater I always remembered going for an MRI in a really old wing of the building. Such a beautiful corridor decorated with ancient glazed tiles then the doors opened into this machine from the 21st century - a real contrast.

Depends on which hospital you are in tbh. The regional and the mercy are the only ones i think i could hack staying in for a few days. The others are just too much like old folks homes inside.....creep me out.

Not fond of them, was rushed to CUH a couple of years back in shock and extreme pain, they gave me morphine shortly after I got there so that was very decent of them, they did a few other things that I wasn't too keen on though (they put a catheter in my k*** :eek: ). CUH A&E was ok for me back then though. The Bon Secours were great to my Mum in fairness to them.
    Yeah I'm okay thanks, how have you been?

Me good, was at Cheltenham races for the weekend, brought my Dad there for his birthday, his birthday was in August so he was a while waiting but they wouldn't move the November Open meeting to accommodate that :pac:
    Jaysus batten down the hatches tonight people id say!!

Also GWAN MUNSTER!!!

Rugby, yuk

Can still hear them singing after watching it on TV,

Muunstor Muunstor Muunstor

Knobs :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »

Rugby players, yuk yum:pac:

FYP ;)

FYP ;)

Fair enough if you're a laydeeeee I suppose :pac:
    (which you are no doubt :) )

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Fair enough if you're a laydeeeee I suppose :pac:
    (which you are no doubt :) )

Pfft dude, i think my massive erection proves otherwise :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Oh dear........

Oh dear........

Damn, did I poke you in the eye? It does that sometimes, pokes eyes out, ruins womens undercarriages and all sorts.

It's hard sometimes being so massively well endowed :(

Damn, did I poke you in the eye? It does that sometimes, pokes eyes out, ruins womens undercarriages and all sorts.

It's hard sometimes being so massively well endowed :(

What a strange thought :eek:

wispyman wrote: »
    What a strange thought :eek:

The wimminz love it though, I get all the girls. :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm going to Bruge tomorrow night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm going to Bruge tomorrow night :p
    Nice place I'd say!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Bruges?
    Ray: Bruges is a ****hole.
    Ken: Bruges *is* not a ****hole.
    Ray: Bruges *is* a ****hole.
    Ken: Ray, we only just got off the ****ing train! Could we reserve judgement on Bruges until we've seen the ****ing place?

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

attachment.php?attachmentid=135424&stc=1&d=1290120865

I should do this professionally.

oh man 50 euro for taxi. Paid 70 euro last week. Money down drain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Webmonkey wrote: »
    oh man 50 euro for taxi. Paid 70 euro last week. Money down drain :(

From where to where??

Anyone fancy drinks over weekend?

Dublin City to Balbriggan. First time he brought me to Balgirren instead of Balbriggan, so cost extra 20 euro = 70 euro!. Man, 120 euro down draain when i could have got train!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Dublin City to Balbriggan. First time he brought me to Balgirren instead of Balbriggan, so cost extra 20 euro = 70 euro!. Man, 120 euro down draain when i could have got train!

What?? I wouldnt have paid if he made the mistake:mad: Probably didnt understand your culchie accent ;)
    Crazy webbers, you need to get a bike:D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    What?? I wouldnt have paid if he made the mistake:mad: Probably didnt understand your culchie accent ;)
    Crazy webbers, you need to get a bike:D

haha! Yeah it was the culchy accent unfort. It's costly you know! - but he did ask if it near "xxx" and "xxx" happen to sound like another "xxx" near me! so I said yeh! so half my fault too! I was only after one pint!

haha! Yeah it was the culchy accent unfort. It's costly you know! - but he did ask if it near "xxx" and "xxx" happen to sound like another "xxx" near me! so I said yeh! so half my fault too! I was only after one pint!

I heard that all boards moderators are loaded so you probably just paid it out of your small change!!!

• Advertisement

wispyman wrote: »
    I heard that all boards moderators are loaded so you probably just paid it out of your small change!!!
    All boards moderators are on heroin and using hookers! hehe - so yeah payed my way out of it :)

All boards moderators are on heroin and using hookers! hehe - so yeah payed my way out of it :)

I SO KNEW IT!! Where do I apply???!!

You gotta be invited hehe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did anyone hear anything about the guy who fell or jumped into the river last night at about 9 at the south gate bridge area? We were having dinner in town and saw all the emergency services and a huge crowd of people, but I've no idea if they got him out safely or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Faith wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything about the guy who fell or jumped into the river last night at about 9 at the south gate bridge area? We were having dinner in town and saw all the emergency services and a huge crowd of people, but I've no idea if they got him out safely or what.

Just said on the radio he was pulled out but died later at the hospital. He was a UCC student from somewhere outside kerry(unusual name that i couldnt catch properly) but thats all the info the Gardaí have given out. These drownings after nights out are becoming too regular for such a small city. I think there was a UCC commerce ball last night but whether he was at that or not is another thing!

Just said on the radio he was pulled out but died later at the hospital. He was a UCC student from somewhere outside kerry(unusual name that i couldnt catch properly) but thats all the info the Gardaí have given out. These drownings after nights out are becoming too regular for such a small city. I think there was a UCC commerce ball last night but whether he was at that or not is another thing!

Happened at 9 ish as Faith said, I was going home from the gym, 2 units of the Fire Brigade went down Sullivan's Quay, presume they were initially told the chap was in the River by Beamish Brewery or further up, first fire engine swung right at the lights then turned back, 2 nd one came along a minute or two later. Gardai did a good job of traffic control to facilitate them. Awfully sad, poor chap, RIP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks guys. An email was sent to the student body; he was a third year commerce student apparently. Tragic stuff :(.

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah my cousin was with him when he fell in. They in commerce together in UCC. Sad story. Comes from where I am back home here in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

very sad alright. unfortunately its been a bad week in general when it comes to untimely deaths of young people:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

anyone else think top gear is getting pretty crap? im falling asleep here:rolleyes::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement