Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

i hear you it never ends specially when you have to get for random people like neighbours ah well few more days will get to eat the christmas dinner nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Getting two Christmas dinners! :) Have to visit both parents and neither the OH nor I had the heart to say to one of our parents that we couldn't have dinner with them. :rolleyes::)

Funnily enough we've had all of the presents bought since October! It's just my Dad I've to buy for and I never know what to get him. :( Phone will do grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Looking at the gym thread reminded me that there was a promotion stand set up by a gym here in work yesterday. I've asked five people and nobody has any idea what gym it was. Way to run a promotion....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Looking at the gym thread reminded me that there was a promotion stand set up by a gym here in work yesterday. I've asked five people and nobody has any idea what gym it was. Way to run a promotion....

:confused: It was Dennehys Health & Fitness.. the name was mentioned in a mail to entire workforce and there were flyers too! I guess the folks you asked didnt pay much attention cos they werent planning to join:P

corkcomp wrote: »
    :confused: It was Dennehys Health & Fitness..

Where are they located ? Never heard of them.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Where are they located ? Never heard of them.

out in ballincollig, right next door to automania if you know it.. state of the art place run by young enthusiastic people.. im not affiliated with them in any way before anyone asks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

In my defense there's three or four different stands there every week, and we get so many special offers in our email from HR, I don't know why they bother with a spam filter. I couldn't find one to tell me what it was, but tbh, I was too busy to look hard.

And who needs a gym when sports and social pay for an astro turf pitch with an inch of snow on it? :D

Apparantly I'm mis-informed about a lot of things though - including the state of Limerick football...

I've finally got all my jobs done and am in full on Christmas mode now. Won't be online anymore before Christmas, so Merry Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

happy crimbo everyone sorry missed last nite all of you have a lovely day :D

catthinkin wrote: »
    happy crimbo everyone sorry missed last nite all of you have a lovely day :D

Merry Xmas to you too:)

its -9 here and dropping, I think we'll be letting a tap running tonight:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Ye guys heading out Stephens day? :P I've been meaning to go out with the cork boards group since the summer :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Happy Christmas folks!!! Roll on the turkey and ham :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope santa was good to everyone ;) merry xmas.

I was dreading Christmas (not really a Christmas head to be honest). Happy out ish now though, wish the snow etc would feck off though. Some atrocious muck on the telly too.

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying themselves :)

wish the snow etc would feck off though.

Bordering on mild out there now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Same here in Kerry. No frost on cars. The melt has begun I think. However, I heard it suppose be back again in Jan :(

Here have a calf...

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Same here in Kerry. No frost on cars. The melt has begun I think. However, I heard it suppose be back again in Jan :(

Here have a calf...

bring one for me too im sick of turkey already:pac:

its still frezzing bad here, always seems colder than everywhere else:rolleyes: our heating broke down around 10pm and looking like frozen diesel :(

its still frezzing bad here, always seems colder than everywhere else:rolleyes: our heating broke down around 10pm and looking like frozen diesel :(
    Aw thats annoying. Our water kind of froze. Almost broke pump but dad took it out in time. Up stairs water is all we have with low pressure. Better than nothing I guess.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Aw thats annoying. Our water kind of froze. Almost broke pump but dad took it out in time. Up stairs water is all we have with low pressure. Better than nothing I guess.

heres hoping for rain tomorrow and warmer temps! apparently if you put kerosense into the diesel tank it will stop it freezing but I aint going outside at this hour to do it:p half of cork is without water

heres hoping for rain tomorrow and warmer temps! apparently if you put kerosense into the diesel tank it will stop it freezing but I aint going outside at this hour to do it:p half of cork is without water
    Ah sure no need drive anywhere today anyways :p - sit back and relax.

yeah heard that about Cork alright. Sure prob same in most town places where pipes not put down far underground.

• Advertisement

Folks used to do that in years gone by with diesel cars, a litre of kerosene into an old diesel car does wonders for the smoke test too, don't think it's suitable for common rail ones though.

Folks used to do that in years gone by with diesel cars, a litre of kerosene into an old diesel car does wonders for the smoke test too, don't think it's suitable for common rail ones though.

seen it done with a few tractors over the past week too, about 1 part kerosene to 10 diesel or something.. id be slow to do it with common rail alright, those injection systems are bad enough as it is:D I cant understand why our diesel cant have the same properties as the stuff in europe i.e. can withstand -20 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

seen it done with a few tractors over the past week too, about 1 part kerosene to 10 diesel or something.. id be slow to do it with common rail alright, those injection systems are bad enough as it is:D I cant understand why our diesel cant have the same properties as the stuff in europe i.e. can withstand -20 or more
    to be fair they will prob use that as an excuse of pump the prices up higher again !!! and this really is freak weather of the highest order (the length of time and severity of it) in historical terms for ireland so lets hope it wont be necessary in the next few years.

to be fair they will prob use that as an excuse of pump the prices up higher again !!! and this really is freak weather of the highest order (the length of time and severity of it) in historical terms for ireland so lets hope it wont be necessary in the next few years.

unfortunately the diesel anti freeze is expensive too! and considering this is the second xmas in a row that ive seen frozen diesel causing engines to stop, we probably need to assume it will happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

c'mon the water!
    it's basically thawed outside, we're just waiting on the pipes to follow suit now.

no bother with the diesel cars here - but I don't think it got below -10 at any stage. the winter diesel should be well able for it. did ye still have summer diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

unfortunately the diesel anti freeze is expensive too! and considering this is the second xmas in a row that ive seen frozen diesel causing engines to stop, we probably need to assume it will happen again!
    you have actually seen frozen diesel in Cork?, i dont drive diesel myself , but the boss and basically most fellas on sites etc do and havent heard one person with frozen diesel. If its actually happening , i think the choice should be up to the user , for the amount it would cost extra to add it as standard, i wonder is a additive that the user can add available?

you have actually seen frozen diesel in Cork?, i dont drive diesel myself , but the boss and basically most fellas on sites etc do and havent heard one person with frozen diesel. If its actually happening , i think the choice should be up to the user , for the amount it would cost extra to add it as standard, i wonder is a additive that the user can add available?

yep, good few of those additives available. its not frozen as in block of ice but the stage just before that - when it forms a jelly / toothpaste like consistency and blocks pipes and injector pumps! the kerosene seems to be best option anyways

deRanged wrote: »
    c'mon the water!
    it's basically thawed outside, we're just waiting on the pipes to follow suit now.

no bother with the diesel cars here - but I don't think it got below -10 at any stage. the winter diesel should be well able for it. did ye still have summer diesel?

its a balmy 7 degress here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

its a balmy 7 degress here:D

7 here too, hopefully the pipes won't take long.

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    7 here too, hopefully the pipes won't take long.

are you without water there? should thaw pretty quickly at 7 hopefully. Its a sad day when people are happy to see temps of 7 degrees but it actually feels warm:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement