Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

corkcomp wrote: »
    are you without water there?

yeah, have been for about 4 or 5 days now. thankfully we have brilliant neighbours. right now we have a hose running from next door to our tank in the attic, so we have the luxury of showers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey everyone. Raining here now thankfully. Snow disappearing.

How is everyone today. Anyone out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hey Did everyone have a good Christmas Day??
    Bit of drama over the tv here today, its all my fault, not able. So dont know if Ill be able to go out!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hey Did everyone have a good Christmas Day??
    Bit of drama over the tv here today, its all my fault, not able. So dont know if Ill be able to go out!
    It was boring to be honest. Same as every day. Crap TV etc :p

Drama over the TV? uh oh.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    It was boring to be honest. Same as every day. Crap TV etc :p

Drama over the TV? uh oh.

We be very busy on xmas day, all the kids call, so playing with toys all day happy out.

Yeah put the xbox onto our tv last night, just put it on scart channel, and then tried to go back to tv and wouldnt work. The chorus box is working but its like the tv tuned out and cant get it back. The drama is unreal!!! Agh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

oh :-( at least your getting to miss some of the junk thats on over xmas!

did you try switching between inputs like scart 1 and scart 2 etc with the chorus box on just in case its sending signal to another input? right im off for some fresh air, I cant handle being couped up in the house for a second day (i might kill someone:P)

oh :-( at least your getting to miss some of the junk thats on over xmas!

did you try switching between inputs like scart 1 and scart 2 etc with the chorus box on just in case its sending signal to another input? right im off for some fresh air, I cant handle being couped up in the house for a second day (i might kill someone:P)

Ya tried it all, sick of it now. Rte 1, 2 and tv3 id say we be having for the day.

Enjoy your freedom :D

Bastad car battery was dead this morning, borrowed my sister's car to get a new one, €125 and I took the thing away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Went a bit mad earlier and bought myself a 42" lcd full hd tv :P Setting it up there now for the xbox. Will be a long night playing xbox live :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Bastad car battery was dead this morning, borrowed my sister's car to get a new one, €125 and I took the thing away :eek:

did you go to halfords? it sounds expesive!!!

• Advertisement

did you go to halfords? it sounds expesive!!!

Went to Dessie's tires, was in Halfords later in the afternoon getting spark plugs unexpectedly, while there had a peak, there ones were €120. Dessie's are no doubt handy but their prices are a tad looney, still Stephen's Day and all.

Re the spark plugs........
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69741042#post69741042

it you know anyonw insured through Axa they get a 15% discount in Halfords.
    very handy if you have to shop there.

still no water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

deRanged wrote: »
    it you know anyonw insured through Axa they get a 15% discount in Halfords.
    very handy if you have to shop there.

still no water!

I get 10% off through work :D

No water either :(

waters back :D

deRanged wrote: »
    waters back :D

excellent! will u ever turn off the tap again?:p

hey everyone. enjoying the holidays!?

excellent! will u ever turn off the tap again?:p

of course. maybe around June or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey everyone, hope you all had a brilliant Christmas! I'm still dying from it.. :) Roll on 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Mine was dead also after 2 months sitting in the ice and snow!

Bought myself a boost pack (that thre breakdown assist guys use) for €85 in Halfords (reduced from €120), solved all my problems :D

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey everyone, hope you all had a brilliant Christmas! I'm still dying from it.. :) Roll on 2011!

Hey NoDice, belated happy xmas:) cant wait for 2011, new and exciting challenges hopefully:p
    kingtut wrote: »

Bought myself a boost pack (that thre breakdown assist guys use) for €85 in Halfords (reduced from €120), solved all my problems :D

just make sure you let it plugged in all the time:D those packs use the same SLA batteries as UPS systems so designed for constant power, otherwise it will go dead and stay dead!

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »

Mine was dead due to old age, the ones the breakdown lads use cost a good bit more than 120 euro.

How's everyone's xmas. I've moved back up to Dublin again to get stuff done. Living alone - can get used of this :p

Wasn't overly looking forward to it so it was great if you catch my drift.

Wasn't overly looking forward to it so it was great if you catch my drift.

either tomorrow or Thursday (most likely Thursday:P) I need to do a full 10 hour days work, If this keeps up until January I'll never get back into it!

Christmas was great and I genuinely believe 2011 will be a better year as 2010 ended so well. I took it far too easy in work in the run up to Christmas and now that it's over I have two months of solid overtime to "look forward to". :)

I genuinely believe 2011 will be a better year as .....................

.............. there is 365 days where I may get Hillbillys crispy salty chicken with gravy :pac:

.............. there is 365 days where I may get Hillbillys crispy salty chicken with gravy :pac:

Ha ha ha would you believe I still haven't had it?? Though I had a gorgeous Indian takeaway last night. La Quila. Boy oh boy do I love it! Garlic naan bread = heaven!

New years resolution is seriously underway. I'm cutting down on the ole takeaways and junk food crisps only crisps starting yesterday!

*wipes forehead* phew!

Ha ha ha would you believe I still haven't had it?? Though I had a gorgeous Indian takeaway last night. La Quila. Boy oh boy do I love it! Garlic naan bread = heaven!

New years resolution is seriously underway. I'm cutting down on the ole takeaways and junk food crisps only crisps starting yesterday!

*wipes forehead* phew!

lol, was in the Indian across from Clancy's yesterday, had a Garlic Naan too and it was savagely divine :D

any sort of take away sounds appealing now as long as it doesnt consist of turkey, chocolate or alcohol:p dextox tomorrow:cool:

• Advertisement

Detox before NY? I don't understand why so many people do this; loads of my friends quit drinking for January!

Know what you mean though. So sick of turkey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement