Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

Webmonkey wrote: »

Any resolutions by ye? :)

- Two are secrets :D
    - make my time in the gym more productive, I go loads but the intensity isn't there quite often
    - clean up the diet
    - there is a lady quite often in my thoughts who I find incredibly hot and irresistible but breaking the ice has proven quite an issue for me, so I want to break that ice :) Well it broke but has frozen over again. The only positive is I reckon she may be of a similar state of mind (about the ice not the hot and irresistible bit ;) )

This time next year I don't want to have to be making these NY resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Resolutions are to finally loose my little pot belly, I look ridiculous with it. Thin arms, thin legs, thin face, and this stupid lump in the middle. Learn Bass Guitar (Actually in the middle of some songs at the moment), learn some more skills for work, do a lot more web development this year, finish restoring my 84 Mini Tripper, and make a decision if I'm going to sell my JCW MINI or not. I've been all over the place trying to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ive got plenty but I seem to have forgotten its actually 2011 so I should really start sticking to the resolutions. main resolution is to avoid using a computer from 5 pm - 9am at least three days a week:eek: thinking of getting back into swimming too, mix things up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

corkcomp wrote: »
    . main resolution is to avoid using a computer from 5 pm - 9am at least three days a week

that's a great idea. I keep thinking of that but with the phones connected to email and servers to watch I never manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

wispyman wrote: »
    Were you using an IPhone as your alarm clock??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12104890

Ha ha! No iphone, just the phone I have is acting up. Bold phone. It's now in the corner of my room thinking about what it has done. :mad:

Kudos for joining a gym Webby!

NYR is to pick up the guitar again and stop using it as an ornament. Also to tone up again (stupid take-aways) AND to start saying yes more often!!! :D

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    that's a great idea. I keep thinking of that but with the phones connected to email and servers to watch I never manage it.

I took my work mail off phone before xmas and its great.. will have to have it on some weeks though:(

dunno how im going to go from 9 hours sleep back to 5 now this week

NoDice wrote: »
    AND to start saying yes more often!!! :D

Doing anything tomorrow night ?

:pac: Only joking :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    - Two are secrets :D
    - make my time in the gym more productive, I go loads but the intensity isn't there quite often
    - clean up the diet
    - there is a lady quite often in my thoughts who I find incredibly hot and irresistible but breaking the ice has proven quite an issue for me, so I want to break that ice :) Well it broke but has frozen over again. The only positive is I reckon she may be of a similar state of mind (about the ice not the hot and irresistible bit ;) )

This time next year I don't want to have to be making these NY resolutions.

RJ I really hope you go for it! I always say to my mates "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"!

Best of luck with all the resolutions guys! Lets make a note of this page so we can come back to it at the end of the year. We should think of some sort of forfeit if we don't stick to our guns! It'd be a bit of incentive to actually follow through I think! :)

Doing anything tomorrow night ?

Ha ha well to answer your question yes I am doing something tomorrow night! :D Yay NYR not ruined - Cheeky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

dunno how im going to go from 9 hours sleep back to 5 now this week
    I know, its gonna be a serious shock to the system!
    AND to start saying yes more often!!! :D
    I need to learn to say NO more this year. "Want to go out Cadyboo" *Cadyboo thinks... I could really use the money for something more important* "ok lets go," says Cadyboo. Same for spins, dinner, take aways etc. Need to say No!! :D:D

Best of luck with all the resolutions guys! Lets make a note of this page so we can come back to it at the end of the year. We should think of some sort of forfeit if we don't stick to our guns! It'd be a bit of incentive to actually follow through I think! :)

Yes I agree with this. And good luck everyone. Trying to go off the cigarettes, have my patches ready and am rearing to go!:o:(

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »

Yes I agree with this. And good luck everyone. Trying to go off the cigarettes, have my patches ready and am rearing to go!:o:(

No more sitting on the kerb outside HBs smoking so :D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I know, its gonna be a serious shock to the system!

I need to learn to say NO more this year. "Want to go out Cadyboo" *Cadyboo thinks... I could really use the money for something more important* "ok lets go," says Cadyboo. Same for spins, dinner, take aways etc. Need to say No!! :D:D

Wow Cadyboo best of luck with giving up the smokes! I know I couldn't do it because I enjoy it so much. I like to think I will be able to do it when the time comes that I need to do so; i.e. planning a baby or something. I'm sure you'll be able to do it!! Best of luck!

No more sitting on the kerb outside HBs smoking so :D

Ha ha regular stalker me thinks!

........with giving up the smokes! I know I couldn't do it because I enjoy it so much.

My Dad gave them up the day the smoking ban came in, he hadn't planned on doing it but he was up in the local and his buddies went outside for a smoke, he said f that, I'm not going out for a smoke. He had one on the way home (we live less than 100 yards from the local) and that was his last one. He wasn't smoking in the house as mum had cancer and he just said f it I'll give them up. He was years cursing Micheal Martin for bringing in the ban but he's happy enough without them now. He had an angiogram a few years ago and there was a partial blockage so he got a stent, doctor reckoned if he hadn't given up the smokes he would minimally have been after a heart attack.

He'd given them up before but always went back on them, funnily enough one time Mum encouraged him to go back on them as apparently he was in bad form most of the time without them.

The last time he gave them up he carried a pack around with him all the time for a year at least iirc, his logic was that if the cravings got too bad he'd have them on him, he reckoned it worked as they were always close for comfort but he never gave in. Weird logic but it worked for him.

Good luck Cadyboo, I do hope you kick the habit :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The last time he gave them up he carried a pack around with him all the time for a year at least iirc, his logic was that if the cravings got too bad he'd have them on him, he reckoned it worked as they were always close for comfort but he never gave in. Weird logic but it worked for him.

That's not that strange. I always crave chocolate less if there's some to hand. Like now I have half a selection box left and I don't want it, but if I didn't have it, I'd be climbing the walls in desperation for chocolate :).

Good luck Cadyboo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You know thats what worked for me too,2yrs on I still have a pack in my drawer in my room.

My Dad gave them up the day the smoking ban came in, he hadn't planned on doing it but he was up in the local and his buddies went outside for a smoke, he said f that, I'm not going out for a smoke.

Lovely story RJ. Bet you're proud of him! Both my parents were off them for a few years but went back on them as troubles arose again. I like to think I'd be able to give them up if I really wanted to. Fact is I'd be kidding myself giving them up now as I enjoy it too much so I wouldn't have the will power. In saying that I'm no chain smoker. Might have 1 or 2 a day; cut down big time.

I like that idea about having the cigs to hand; as Ms. Faith and Mr. Sephiroth said already, it does seem to work. Fair play Mr S for being off the smokes 2 years! :)

Best of luck again Cadyboo!

Anyway, sorry for my rant!

Morning everyone! :D

Morning everyone! Got up at 7.30 and just back from a run, I don't even need to be up this time today so it's some achievement :P

Run in the morning :eek:
    My legs wouldn't co operate me thinks, gym after work all going well although I was up late and up early (7.40 ish :) ).

Morning everyone! Got up at 7.30 and just back from a run, I don't even need to be up this time today so it's some achievement :P

Wow good job man! Fair play! Used to do that before a late shift at work around Ballincollig but since leaving the collig I've spent far too many days in front of the xbox. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Wow good job man! Fair play! Used to do that before a late shift at work around Ballincollig but since leaving the collig I've spent far too many days in front of the xbox. :(

That's my way of thinking.

Sure what would I want to run outside for? I've been running around in call of duty all night!

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    That's my way of thinking.

Sure what would I want to run outside for? I've been running around in call of duty all night!

Ha ha yeah my new years resolution is to get fit again - xbox kinect. :D Disaster! Some great games coming out this year too so I've an awful feeling the NYR won't be fulfilled by the years end.

Ha ha yeah my new years resolution is to get fit again - xbox kinect. :D Disaster! Some great games coming out this year too so I've an awful feeling the NYR won't be fulfilled by the years end.

I know!

Bulletstorm, skyrim, dead space 2, mass effect 3, crysis 2.

I know!

Thought i was going to explode when I saw the trailer to ME3 actually! Based on Earth! You know there are rumours it's meant to be multiplayer?? Also Homefront, Brink, and the new Dragon Age and Deus Ex! The Brink gameplay and animation itself look unreal and will be interesting to say the least about it!

You just got me excited about ME3 all over again! :D:D

I know!

Dead Space 2 looks frightening actually! I dunno will I be able to play that! :o Too scary!

Have you seen the trailers for the new Bioshock?

Dead Space 2 looks frightening actually! I dunno will I be able to play that! :o Too scary!

Have you seen the trailers for the new Bioshock?

The one set in a floating city? Ya, it looks great. Bioshock always reminded me of my favorite FPS ever, system shock 2. (So understandably, I am kind of looking forward to the new Deus Ex too =D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The two you ought to book a room. Try here.:-)

Ha ha sorry lemag! It's a change from me talking about food and work though! :o

@oeb: Ya the one in the floating city! Looks great! Though I'm pretty shocking at shooters (except for Left 4 Dead - love it!); ha Battlefield destroyed me. I decided to have a shot at it so was spawned right in the middle of the objective that I was meant to be taking out and was completely owned by a level 30 something sniper. :( Never playing it again! Wasn't even in game for two seconds. :o

The one set in a floating city? Ya, it looks great. Bioshock always reminded me of my favorite FPS ever, system shock 2. (So understandably, I am kind of looking forward to the new Deus Ex too =D)

Haven't heard of System Shock. PC game? I have Crysis and Starcraft 2. Might pick up the System Shock game of it's like Bioshock. Is it still available in Game do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

got a scone from supervalu the size of my head. was monsterous!!

• Advertisement

Haven't heard of System Shock. PC game? I have Crysis and Starcraft 2. Might pick up the System Shock game of it's like Bioshock. Is it still available in Game do you think?

Nope, System shock and system shock 2 were the games that led to dues ex and bioshock. It's probably 12 years old now, so it might be a bit difficult to get your hands on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement