Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NoDice wrote: »
    Haven't heard of System Shock. PC game? I have Crysis and Starcraft 2. Might pick up the System Shock game of it's like Bioshock. Is it still available in Game do you think?

You could try one of the digital download distributors like steam they might have it...........oh im looking forward to deus ex 3,me3,l.a. noire and loads of other games I can't think of now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

got a scone from supervalu the size of my head. was monsterous!!

Mmmm, I got a savage custard filled monster muffin too with big chunks of white chocolate for lunch!
    You could try one of the digital download distributors like steam they might have it...........oh im looking forward to deus ex 3,me3,l.a. noire and loads of other games I can't think of now :confused:

Cool thanks for that! I got a new Alienware laptop for Christmas and the first thing we did was install Steam. Will check it out.
    Totally forgot about L.A. Noire! That looks awesome. There was a great write up about it in the last xbox magazine. I still have Mafia 2 and Fable 3 to play at home, haven't gotten around to it thanks to the stupid arcade games I just HAVE to finish.. :rolleyes::o

oeb wrote: »
    Nope, System shock and system shock 2 were the games that led to dues ex and bioshock. It's probably 12 years old now, so it might be a bit difficult to get your hands on.

Cool, fair enough about how old it is. Sounds good though, I'll try checkingit out on Steam when I get back from work as Mr S. suggested. Looking for good pc games. I downloaded Allods last night I'm ashamed to admit. Free fantasy online multiplayer along the lines of WOW. My life is over. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got a new Alienware laptop for Christmas and the first thing we did was install Steam.

Oh very nice,that would eat anything up you throw at it :D,also if your looking for good pc games check out fallout 3 and new vegas and the stalker series.excellent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Nope, AFAIK system shock 2 is not available on any of the online distribution systems either.

I've the fallouts for the xbox already. :) Have you been able to play games on your pc with your xbox controller in the usb port?
    The new laptop is unreal. I can't get over the facial recognition sign-in element! I feel like a top secret spy signing in!

• Advertisement

Nope, AFAIK system shock 2 is not available on any of the online distribution systems either.

Dose. That's out then.

I've the fallouts for the xbox already. :) Have you been able to play games on your pc with your xbox controller in the usb port?
    The new laptop is unreal. I can't get over the facial recognition sign-in element! I feel like a top secret spy signing in!

ah you have them?good woman :-) great games,very buggy though :-/,dont you need a special something to play with your controller on your pc?facial recognition?thats a very fancy feathure :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Just woke up, with my dress and heels on :(

Funnily enough though, i was only in a Liverpool jersey when i went to sleep.

I think my days of roaming the house whilst asleep are back :( :mad: :(

ah you have them?good woman :-) great games,very buggy though :-/,dont you need a special something to play with your controller on your pc?facial recognition?thats a very fancy feathure :pac:.

I'm not sure, I had heard it was possible so was trying to figure out if you'd been able to do it.. I'll have to look into it properly when I get home, only started last night so might give google a go later. :)
    Ya facial recognition! Well, tbh I was so excited in the beginning, you don't have to type anything at all or set up an ID (like the Kinect); as soon as you turn on the laptop it recognises you and logs you in! There is also voice control. But now that other people have started to check it out or if I'm showing somebody something it starts registering them as me or logs me out completely. I'm sure it's something I can sort out as it's just new yet but for now I've it turned off. :rolleyes: Really impressive looking though! :o:cool:
    Just woke up, with my dress and heels on :(

Funnily enough though, i was only in a Liverpool jersey when i went to sleep.

I think my days of roaming the house whilst asleep are back :( :mad: :(

Woah.. Were you out last night or did you just decide to have a catwalk-esque night last night? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'm not sure, I had heard it was possible so was trying to figure out if you'd been able to do it.. I'll have to look into it properly when I get home, only started last night so might give google a go later. :)

Never done it myself, but AFAIK, get a play and charge kit, plug it from the controller into the laptop running any modern windows os with a game that supports controllers.

That's it.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure, I had heard it was possible so was trying to figure out if you'd been able to do it.. I'll have to look into it properly when I get home

You need one these babies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294155743&sr=8-1

cool gadget,might see if game has any in stock.

Never done it myself, but AFAIK, get a play and charge kit, plug it from the controller into the laptop running any modern windows os with a game that supports controllers.

That's it.

Cheers!

Cool gadget indeed, might pop into game too! Let me know if you get there before me!

Woah.. Were you out last night or did you just decide to have a catwalk-esque night last night? :p

I dressed myself in my sleep, i used to do i alot as a child but haven't had a sleepwalking episode for years :( Praying that it was just a one off.

Happy New Year to The Lemons :D

I dressed myself in my sleep, i used to do i alot as a child but haven't had a sleepwalking episode for years :( Praying that it was just a one off.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to turn that into a joke, wasn't aware it was so serious. I hope you're ok. Possibly just a bit too much on your mind at the moment. :( Hopefully you won't be doing it too often in the near future.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to turn that into a joke, wasn't aware it was so serious. I hope you're ok. Possibly just a bit too much on your mind at the moment. :( Hopefully you won't be doing it too often in the near future.

Nonsense, s'all good :)

If it happens again though I'll probably have to put a lock on the outside of my bedroom door though :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hey everyone, great to see this thread buzzing again, bit like old times:p

@purple lemons, if you put a lock on the outside you better be nice to whoever has the key:pac:

corkcomp wrote: »
    hey everyone, great to see this thread buzzing again, bit like old times:p

@purple lemons, if you put a lock on the outside you better be nice to whoever has the key:pac:

You know I'm always nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you've got an Xbox 360 wireless play and charge kit, you can plug it directly into your laptop/desktop and windows will recognise it. If you don't have a P&C kit, Argoose are doing them for 5 Euro at the moment, which is for nothing compared to the official Xbox 30 Euro.

If you've got an Xbox 360 wireless play and charge kit, you can plug it directly into your laptop/desktop and windows will recognise it. If you don't have a P&C kit, Argoose are doing them for 5 Euro at the moment, which is for nothing compared to the official Xbox 30 Euro.

Thats very cheap,cheers for that.

• Advertisement

Nonsense, s'all good :)

If it happens again though I'll probably have to put a lock on the outside of my bedroom door though :o:o

Just hope you're ok!!! xxx Shots indeed, if you think you can handle it!!! And if you can keep your clothes on this time! ;)

I plugged in the controller to the usb port on the laptop and it recognised it without me needing any gadgets.......... Does that mean if I get a game that is compatible it should work?

Should be fine!

Should be fine!

*dances* :D

Well there I go making women on t'Internets dance. My powers are multiplying!

You can use pretty much any 360 gaming accessory with Windows, even the Kinect's been hacked to work with plenty of Windows apps now. Steering Wheels/Pedals all work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Je suis fatigue :( aide-moi NoDice si vous plais!

Non, mon ami, je suis desole mais tu devrais aller dormir. :cool:

That was probably wrong, haven't done french since school! 5 years now?? On that note, I'm going to bed myself! Night guys!

nite,think I might watch the big bang theory :-)

Just hope you're ok!!! xxx Shots indeed, if you think you can handle it!!! And if you can keep your clothes on this time! ;)

To be fair ye were pumping the drinks into me, so it's all of yer fault i took off my clothes off :cool:

• Advertisement

Morning everyone. Man another day another dollar as they say but I really don't want to be in the office this morning. :( Have a long day with overtime ahead of me so there better be entertainment here for me today! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement