Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

I have the Wednesday blues too, here an hour and the workload just got quite heavy due to various f ups and sh1t happening, smelly day ahead. Weekend looming though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

morning all. sore legs today - I'm doing a lot more running already this year and it's showing :)

I wonder how the new gym goers are getting on?

deRanged wrote: »
    I wonder how the new gym goers are getting on?

I did 3 miles on the thread mill and some dips and I was wrecked :o Absolutely wrecked. New gym goers are at least all enthusiastic, could do with some of that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Two hours down... A million to go... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was at the gym myself,ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill (not sure how much that is in milage) and did some weight training,ahhh I love going to the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

First day back in the job after a bout of Flu, go to motor factors, collect bumper, open bumper, motor factors got the wrong bumper in, go home again. Sometimes I miss working for other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just beginning a six hour stint here in the library...should be buckets of fun.

Just beginning a six hour stint here in the library...should be buckets of fun.

It COULD be!!!

20 things to do at the library

1. Read your book upside down.
    2. Read your book from right to left, flipping the pages that way to make it obvious.
    3. Grab a 1000-page book, thump it down, and begin reading – flipping a page every two seconds.
    4. Every so often, yelp in pain, and look at your feet.
    5. Break the silence by making a noise as if you have dropped a monstrous fart, then say, “Wow! That was a good one!”
    6. Read out very loudly and very slowly.
    7. While pointing to a very simple word, like ‘the’, ask the person next to you if he/she can pronounce it for you.
    8. Look over your book and say, “You! I know you! You’re one of them!”
    9. Every time the person next to you turns the page, make a beeping noise.
    10. Announce the page number each time you turn a page.
    11. Glance over your shoulder every few seconds.
    12. Do multiple sneezes, at full volume.
    13. While looking at your book, turn so you are facing the person. Then, peer over the top of your book, and say, “Peekaboo!”
    14. Hold your book right next to your eyes.
    15. Pretend you have a nervous, involuntary tic, which concludes with you shouting, “Oooh-ahhh.”
    16. Find a thesaurus and say in complete astonishment, “Wow! Did you know that negative and no mean the same thing?”
    17. Every few minutes, get up out of your chair, walk around the table, and sit back down.
    18. Crawl under the table, and pretend you are asleep, snoring very loudly.
    19. Bring a bottle of mouth freshener, miss when you try to spray it into your mouth, get it in your eye, scream in agony, and roll on the floor clutching your eye.
    20. Collapse on the floor. Do twenty push-ups, shouting, “Yes, Sergeant, I have been a bad, bad soldier and twenty push-ups will make a man of me.” Then get up like nothing happened.

NUMBER 9 IS MY FAVOURITE!!!

NoDice wrote: »
    It COULD be!!!

Was always savage totty in the library when I went to college, all the hotties doing business studies etc :pac:

Was at the gym myself,ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill (not sure how much that is in milage) and did some weight training,ahhh I love going to the gym.

20 mins, should be at 2 miles unless you went really slowly :)
    First day back in the job after a bout of Flu, go to motor factors, collect bumper, open bumper, motor factors got the wrong bumper in, go home again. Sometimes I miss working for other people!

That would boil my p1ss, although day at home is nice if the finances can take it, at the moment mine wouldn't :mad:

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    That would boil my p1ss, although day at home is nice if the finances can take it, at the moment mine wouldn't :mad:

Nor mine. I was sick for 2 weeks, and it was Christmas, and before that it was too cold to paint. I swear if the bank didn't own me, I'd be gone to sunnier climates. That and customers cancelling on me the day of their appointment which means it's too late to book anyone else in, especially as I'm at the mercy of the weather. Christ it feels good to rant :D

That and customers cancelling on me the day of their appointment which means it's too late to book anyone else in,

The weather, illness and the factors getting the wrong part are bad enough, bastads cancelling the day of the booking is disgraceful carry on.

It happens :) Anyway, least I restocked the car today and it's ready for the week. And I get to take my hound out for a long walk. So it's not all bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Liverpool lost again ffs,im off to play fallout 3.

Not a good start to the day, I couldn't be in a worse mood. My dog decided it would be a good idea to protect us last night from the ninja bichon frise next door who was whining a tiny bit. We could barely hear it through the walls but boy my dog did.. She also decided to protect us with very loud, very shrill and persistant barking at 1am, 3.30am, 4am, 5.30am and again at 6 so I got up and had my shower.

Was very early for work so had breakfast and a cuppa. Had calmed down a bit and thought this could actually be a good day considering I'm up early so I decided to get the earlier bus!

Waited out at the bus stop in the freezing cold for about 10 minutes before the bus came. I was delighted. I waited out on the side of the road, held out my hand to signal I'd like him to stop, bus slowed down and pulled in a bit and just as I was taking the money out of my bag - IT F.CKING PULLED OFF!!!!! NOt only that but it slowed down again which I assumed he was doing because he had seen me last minute but nope, I caught up with the bus and it pulled off again!!!!! So Odd! (however i think he was pulling in to let cars by because of teh way cars are parked on my road and he just didn't see me.)Went home, called a taxi which was then half an hour late which meant after my big stupid morning I ended up being late for work.... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Sorry needed to have a rant

Not a good start to the day, I couldn't be in a worse mood. My dog decided it would be a good idea to protect us last night from the ninja bichon frise next door who was whining a tiny bit. We could barely hear it through the walls but boy my dog did.. She also decided to protect us with very loud, very shrill and persistant barking at 1am, 3.30am, 4am, 5.30am and again at 6 so I got up and had my shower.

Was very early for work so had breakfast and a cuppa. Had calmed down a bit and thought this could actually be a good day considering I'm up early so I decided to get the earlier bus!

Waited out at the bus stop in the freezing cold for about 10 minutes before the bus came. I was delighted. I waited out on the side of the road, held out my hand to signal I'd like him to stop, bus slowed down and pulled in a bit and just as I was taking the money out of my bag - IT F.CKING PULLED OFF!!!!! NOt only that but it slowed down again which I assumed he was doing because he had seen me last minute but nope, I caught up with the bus and it pulled off again!!!!! So Odd! (however i think he was pulling in to let cars by because of teh way cars are parked on my road and he just didn't see me.)Went home, called a taxi which was then half an hour late which meant after my big stupid morning I ended up being late for work.... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Sorry needed to have a rant

Having a pretty shíte morning myself too to be honest. Wish i hadnt gone out last night.

Having a pretty shíte morning myself too to be honest. Wish i hadnt gone out last night.

Dose. Hungover + work = hell. Good luck with that! Get some salty food into you! :)

Unfortunately all I can do is strangle my dog when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Anyone here been to Budapest? Any recommendations of places to see (or stay)?

D'ont have work till 3 but had to be up for 7 to get to college :P Dont even have a hangover(i never do for some reason) more from things that were said last night. And no salty food for me, on a kinda diet :)

oeb wrote: »
    Anyone here been to Budapest? Any recommendations of places to see (or stay)?

One of my closest friends is from Budapest. I can ask her for info if you like, she's usually well up for pointing people in the right direction. :) Also if it's any good to you I work for a travel agents so may be able to get you your hotel a bit cheaper if you're not going for a package holiday? Let me know. :) (I don't get commision or anything for these hotels, it's a perk I get and always offer people it as I think it helps).

• Advertisement

D'ont have work till 3 but had to be up for 7 to get to college :P Dont even have a hangover(i never do for some reason) more from things that were said last night. And no salty food for me, on a kinda diet :)

Not too bad then! I never used get hangovers either but they came alright with age. :( Get them really bad especially after a few too many bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

One of my closest friends is from Budapest. I can ask her for info if you like, she's usually well up for pointing people in the right direction. :) Also if it's any good to you I work for a travel agents so may be able to get you your hotel a bit cheaper if you're not going for a package holiday? Let me know. :) (I don't get commision or anything for these hotels, it's a perk I get and always offer people it as I think it helps).

I may take you up on it. Not a package holiday, just heading over for a weekend away. Place was picked arbitrarily, it was a case of "Where is reasonable to get to next month that neither of us have visited".

oeb wrote: »
    I may take you up on it. Not a package holiday, just heading over for a weekend away. Place was picked arbitrarily, it was a case of "Where is reasonable to get to next month that neither of us have visited".

If it's any good to you, I get a discount on www.octopustravel.com
    There are a few cheaper I think but just in case it's any good to you. I've been on a few city breaks through that website on my discount. Did London for 3 nights in the Summer, central location, double room €60 all in for the accomodation so it can work out. :) Let me know anyway.

I'd love to go to Hungary. I was meant to go last year but sh.t happened so had to give it a skip. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Amsterdam booked for March :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Was there about 5 years ago,booked a 5day package with travel agent, so i can't really tell much about where to stay. Plenty to see and do there, I always take a hop on hop off bus first chance when I arrive in a place, and then go back to what ever takes my fancy. It's a charming city with plenty of good cafes and restaurants. There's a cake shop/cafe up by the castle/cathedral thats to die for, if memorey is correct you have to take a cable car type thingy up to it.Watch out for scam merchants, they can be nasty if you take notice of them, just ignore them.At the airport there is a brillent shuttle bus service, just go to the kiosk and give them the name of your hotel, very reasonable, also get a Budapest card a rail station, this will give free use of the trams, great way to get around as well as discounts into museum's etc. There's a museum to the 1956 uprising against the communists that's worth seeing, pretty gruesome in the facts but should be seen to get grasp of the history of the place.

Amsterdam booked for March :-)

I'm trying to do that too. Flights are for nothing atm! Just have to get my OH to get time off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I'd complain to Bus Eireann about that driver, it's his resposability to see you at the bus stop, remember that our tax's are subsidising them as well as the 1euro are so that pay for every journey. You can be sure if the driver was on commision he'd have spotted you at the bus stop. it's time to stop been the softy and fight back against poor/rip off services.:mad::mad::mad:

roundymac wrote: »
    I'd complain to Bus Eireann about that driver, it's his resposability to see you at the bus stop, remember that our tax's are subsidising them as well as the 1euro are so that pay for every journey. You can be sure if the driver was on commision he'd have spotted you at the bus stop. it's time to stop been the softy and fight back against poor/rip off services.:mad::mad::mad:

Fair enough. You're right but I don't want to get him in trouble I guess. Can be hard to spot in the mornings when it's dark and I don't get it every morning. Stupid number two. I'm a typical ranter that doesn't ever complain officially which is the problem I know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I'm trying to do that too. Flights are for nothing atm! Just have to get my OH to get time off!

Yeah flights are ridiculously cheap, think its like 135 for a double room for 3 nights too :)

• Advertisement

Yeah flights are ridiculously cheap, think its like 135 for a double room for 3 nights too :)

:eek: how cheap are the return flights ?

Edit, I don't want to know, the Dam would be too tempting for a single chap trying to be good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement