Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

RoverJames wrote: »
    :eek: how cheap are the return flights ?

Edit, I don't want to know, the Dam would be too tempting for a single chap trying to be good.

Lots of flights are dirt cheap atm. Budapest is working out at about 50 each way. (Including taxes)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

:eek: how cheap are the return flights ?

Edit, I don't want to know, the Dam would be too tempting for a single chap trying to be good.

€69.72 return, including taxes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Remember towards the end of the year there was an announcement of about 100-150 jobs for Cork, possibly out in Mahon; anyone any idea the company?

It would have been an IT company anyway. I check the papers at the time but no mention.

€69.72 return, including taxes :D

:eek:

Less than a weeks petrol.

I honestly couldn't go the the Dam though, gorgeous, stunning yokes in windows, far too tempting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Remember towards the end of the year there was an announcement of about 100-150 jobs for Cork, possibly out in Mahon; anyone any idea the company?

It would have been an IT company anyway. I check the papers at the time but no mention.

I'd say it was Siemens. I think they may still be hiring, not too sure though.

The flights are so cheap as Air Lingus are doing a sale for their birthday IIRC

• Advertisement

NoDice wrote: »
    I'd say it was Siemens. I think they may still be hiring, not too sure though.

The flights are so cheap as Air Lingus are doing a sale for their birthday IIRC

Yup, I think it's only till next week though, so people need to book now if they want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone see some of the cast of LOTR around the city?

Dominic and Elijah suppose to be in Cork

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I read in another thread there were in wagamama.

Wow in Cork??? They never come to Cork! Celebs always seem to end up in Dublin if they're in Ireland at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,200 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow in Cork??? They never come to Cork! Celebs always seem to end up in Dublin if they're in Ireland at all!

I think they were in the Wash and Wagamama's

• Advertisement

They were in my local in Killarney on Monday night.

I think they were in the Wash and Wagamama's

I'm actually really excited now!!!! *onwards to the wash*

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

That's so cool!!! Would love to randomly bump in to them somewhere...if only I didn't have exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Cant say id go out of my way to bump into them:confused::pac:

Ha ha I think it would just be exciting to see someone famous but sure I didn't go out to town to see them in the end.. :o

Some lash of rain falling now.....

....finished in an hour :D
    .....No coat though :(
    ...Have a hat to keep the dome dry though :D
    ...and it's the weekend :D

May well have a nibble before I leave :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whats everyones plan for the weekend?heading to the cinema tonight I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm out painting in this :pac:

So whats everyones plan for the weekend?heading to the cinema tonight I think.

I'm going to go and check out that roller derby thing on Sunday I think if I can get over my nerves!
    What're you going to see in the cinema?

Dose about the rain isn't it? I have to walk home(half hour brisk walk) after work in it and there's no hood on my jacket. :(

:eek::eek: You poor thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I hope you're under cover!

• Advertisement

Dose about the rain isn't it? I have to walk home(half hour brisk walk) after work in it and there's no hood on my jacket. :(

:eek::eek: You poor thing!!!!

The doctor is no doubt a lot dryer than you'll be walking home in that. Wouldn't fancy a half hour brisk walk in that, try and rob an umbrella from someone's desk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm under my roll out awning, but it's still miserable. Thank feck there's a TV and Kettle in the car while I literally watch the paint dry. My exciting life :pac:

Cheers for the kind wishes guys :)

This weekend I'm going to try and get a start on restoring my 84 Mini if the weather gives me any break, need to strip everything from it and start examining where the rust starts/stops ... going to be great fun wondering if it was a wise purchase or not :D

deRanged wrote: »
    I hope you're under cover!

He's a spy!

@RJ: No point in me taking an umbrella thanks to the wind, it'll be blown clear out of my hands. They always break when I try to use them (please don't say I'm doing it wrong!) so I've given up! I'll just jump into the warm shower when I get home and have a cuppa. :)

@Dr: Sounds like a cool hobby to keep you going! Wise investment indeed!

I'm going to go and check out that roller derby thing on Sunday I think if I can get over my nerves!
    What're you going to see in the cinema?

No way back,hope its good,the roller derby thing sounds cool.

Ooh that does look good! Love films like that! Haven't been to the cinema in too long. :( Yeah the Roller Derby thing sounds awesome! Something different anyway. I have to figure out a way to keep fit like, and I'm not one to go for a jog anymore or to join a gym. This seems cool and I used to skate so I'll see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

No way back is good , nice solid film with good acting and good story , bit depressing though with the russian gulags and that but good show , small bit on the long side .

No way back is good , nice solid film with good acting and good story , bit depressing though with the russian gulags and that but good show , small bit on the long side .

Ah good to know,I hope mahon point isn't busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ah good to know,I hope mahon point isn't busy.
    Prob will be , but no way back is out a week or two so wont be too busy, thats why i head to the late show for new films its usually pretty quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Still kinda hungover and wrecked!! No more drink for a year :P :P Or maybe a week haha

• Advertisement

Know how you feel akamossy! :)

Man I've been staring at my Christmas tree all evening, I really know I should take it down but I just can't bare to do it! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement