Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey Cadyboo, fair play for staying off the smokes still!

I haven't done any exercise yet but I bought an abs cruncher the other day. Ha ha I put it together and then put it behind the couch. However I've been playing a bit of dance central on the xbox at home so hopefully that'll get my fitness up a tiny bit! Ha ha disaster! Still haven't had any fast food though so that's great for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Doing alright with the Bass, think I've a band lined up, will know in the next week or so. Doing alright with the diet too, but the jellies are evil :)

Doing accounts today so that'll decide if I'm going to be going for courses, or just getting a normal job :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey Cadyboo, fair play for staying off the smokes still!

I haven't done any exercise yet but I bought an abs cruncher the other day. Ha ha I put it together and then put it behind the couch. However I've been playing a bit of dance central on the xbox at home so hopefully that'll get my fitness up a tiny bit! Ha ha disaster! Still haven't had any fast food though so that's great for me!
    Thanks!! Dont feel any health benefits yet.. better hurry, lol
    Ah sure it was probably a bit of exercise making the abs cruncher. ha. Always dance with the wii, love it!
    Going for a long walk in a bit with some friends, and am not happy coz it looks like its about to lash!
    Doing alright with the Bass, think I've a band lined up, will know in the next week or so. Doing alright with the diet too, but the jellies are evil :)

Doing accounts today so that'll decide if I'm going to be going for courses, or just getting a normal job :pac:
    Thats great news about the band, what type of music? Good luck with the accounts;) Yes I agree, jellies are evil..:p They are my addiction.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thats great news about the band, what type of music? Good luck with the accounts;)

Probably boring wedding music - I did that for the last 7 years so I'm immune to it now, I just tune out and go to a happy place when I'm gigging, but it was lead guitar up until now. Did rock for years before that around the whole country - THAT was fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I like boring wedding music:D But then I dont go to weddings every week. Well if you are doing what you love (kinda) and get paid, how bad!
    I love going to live bands, although a lot of them are weddingy. Saw Breech one night, outstanding, because they were different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Finished making chocolate krispy cakes with the small one. That's all the Xmas chOcolate gone.thank the lord!!

Went into penny's in Wilton Sunday and they got summer wear already stocked eek!!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Ah sure it was probably a bit of exercise making the abs cruncher. ha. Always dance with the wii, love it!

Ha ha yeah I like to think that this is sufficient exercise! :)
    Went into penny's in Wilton Sunday and they got summer wear already stocked eek!!

I like this! Makes me think "time to start booking holidays!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Ice skating, def not as much fun as it looks :P Not something for me anyway, I fell on my side and gave up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Damn, that's good coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Coffee so tempting but avoiding it. Getting up at 6.30 is proving more difficult than thought :( Gotta think of the benefit of getting out of work early though!

• Advertisement

Getting out of work early is always good WM. Just making some coffee now myself, then walk the dog, then make an attempt to earn a few quid for the day. Hope it's a good one everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Getting out of work early is always good WM.
    Yeah it's great, more time to do stuff on evenings and doesn't feel like you living to work.
    Hope it's a good one everyone!
    Thanks, same to you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Lemons is a sleepy penguin :(

I'm always sleepy :) Was in bed at 11pm and up at just gone 7.30, so should be fine.

akamossy wrote: »
    Ice skating, def not as much fun as it looks :P Not something for me anyway, I fell on my side and gave up :P

Awh! You shouldn't give up! usually the people on the rink that work there can give really good free instructions to get you going! Ha ha my friend hates it, she promised to go skating with her BF, got out on the rink, did one lap hanging onto the wall/railing thing the whole way around and then walked out. :D

Morning all. Here goes another super long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Lol. Skating is brilliant but the younger you take it up the better. I remember doing it for the first time at 15 and had some pretty spectacular wipe outs. I think if I tried it today I'd break my hip or something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I used to love ice skating. We used to go every year on Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I gave away my skates though when I moved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd give it a go, but I'm confident I'd mangle myself. still, my sister worked there a year or two ago and she said they hardly ever had to send people to hospital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

akamossy wrote: »

:pac:
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah it's great, more time to do stuff on evenings and doesn't feel like you living to work.

+1 finishing work late is a disaster, no time left to do anything and then it starts all over again next day.. try getting up at 6:p
    deRanged wrote: »
    I'd give it a go, but I'm confident I'd mangle myself. still, my sister worked there a year or two ago and she said they hardly ever had to send people to hospital :)

Im 100% sure Id mangle myself:o.. not sure the not sending people to hospital would convince me tbh:D

jujibee wrote: »
    I used to love ice skating. We used to go every year on Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I gave away my skates though when I moved here.

Sorry if this is a personal Q; you don't have to answer. But are you not from Ireland? - Don't answer this. It IS a personal Q sorry, my curiousity got the better of me and it doesn't matter anyway sorry! I'm not from Ireland. Also I find people who aren't are super at skating due to the exposure. My buddy from Hungary is unreal at it!

Ha I was always one of those skaters who just didn't seem to give a sh.t about what happened to me. Even on normal roller blades; I'd go too fast, jump over things - Skated down Patricks's Hill and nearly killed myself! :o

Wish I could skate backwards though!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry if this is a personal Q; you don't have to answer. But are you not from Ireland? - Don't answer this. It IS a personal Q sorry, my curiousity got the better of me and it doesn't matter anyway sorry! I'm not from Ireland. Also I find people who aren't are super at skating due to the exposure. My buddy from Hungary is unreal at it!

Ha I was always one of those skaters who just didn't seem to give a sh.t about what happened to me. Even on normal roller blades; I'd go too fast, jump over things - Skated down Patricks's Hill and nearly killed myself! :o

Wish I could skate backwards though!!!

It's okay, I am not from Ireland. I am from the US - a cold, snowy part :) We used to go rollerskating a lot when I was a kid too and I figured out how to roller-skate backwards but I never got the hang of ice skating backwards.

It's okay, I am not from Ireland. I am from the US - a cold, snowy part :) We used to go rollerskating a lot when I was a kid too and I figured out how to roller-skate backwards but I never got the hang of ice skating backwards.

Ha ha sorry about that! Cool, would love to move to the US defo.

Would you have been interested at all in the roller derby thing that came up a week ago? I really wanted to go and the girls were so nice but I couldn't afford the gear by this Saturday right after Christmas. I'm going to start getting it bit by bit so I can go to the next try outs for it defo.

Covered in muck currently. That's what I get for trying to straighten a bumper on a filthy 4x4 in the rain. I might aswell be covered in cow poo, it'd look the same. Going home for a shower and kicking into more accounts. Could do with this week being over already!

Sounds life fun with the bumper, not :pac:

Went iceskating once when I was in Galway, wasn't at all good at it but only fell once, savage hot chocolate and marshmallows and stuff there, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Me and ice skating tend not to get on very well :P. First two times i did it abroad on proper rinks( in Italy and the olympic village in Munich) and with my luck broke each wrist. Never again i tell ya :D

Would you have been interested at all in the roller derby thing that came up a week ago? I really wanted to go and the girls were so nice but I couldn't afford the gear by this Saturday right after Christmas. I'm going to start getting it bit by bit so I can go to the next try outs for it defo.

I can't right now but am def keeping an eye out for next try outs. I just got a new set of work responsibilities and they are keeping me super busy but maybe in a few months I will have a little more time.
    Me and ice skating tend not to get on very well :P. First two times i did it abroad on proper rinks( in Italy and the olympic village in Munich) and with my luck broke each wrist. Never again i tell ya :D

Ouch! I think you have made a wise choice to stay off the ice :eek:

And hot chocolate is the best part of ice skating :P

gimmick wrote: »
    The martial arts centre I go to is heaving with available blart.
    What is "blart"?
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Was wondering that too :confused:

'A fart with blood in it'
    OR
    'fake-tanned scantily-clad tattooed young ladies' -UD

Sounds like a good name for a beer that smells of old onions "A pint of Blart, please. I want to be left alone tonight".

FTGFOP wrote: »
    'A fart with blood in it'
    OR
    'fake-tanned scantily-clad tattooed young ladies' -UD

Sounds like a good name for a beer that smells of old onions "A pint of Blart, please. I want to be left alone tonight".

I actually can't stop laughing!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

FTGFOP wrote: »
    'fake-tanned scantily-clad tattooed young ladies'

Blackpool was it?

;)

• Advertisement

Blackpool was it?

Checking other thread...
    gimmick wrote: »
    K2C in Blackpool