Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have to go out at 6 for a meeting which'll tie me up until at least 8 ish. Looking outside I'd much rather stay inside with a beer and the fire on. In other news though, might be in a different band soon, meeting a bunch of lads on Tuesday who need a lead guitarist - they play Reardens and other places too, proper music - all excited.

Oh, and the Mini club I'm in are having a party in the Blackrock Observatory on Feb 5th which is gonna kick ass, can't wait to fill the courtyard up with Minis and have a laugh in there. Boardsies should gatecrash :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope the band thing works out for you paintdoctor,wanted to go to game today but the weather is too bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Congrats on the new band, hope it works out. :)

Yeah I can't get over the weather today! Though we've been lucky without the rain for a long time now so I guess we had it coming!

Can't wait to just get away on a holiday to some seriously hot weather. Here's to daydreaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It is supposed to be sunny and cool all week starting Monday.

• Advertisement

It was also supposed to be snowing since Wednesday! :pac: Bloody weather! Can't wait to just get home and get into a trackie, sit in front of the fire cuddling my doggies and just chill out. Was just offered a lift home too so I'm delighted. :)

Second the dog motion! Looking forward to coming home later, making a home made pizza and having the hound up on the couch fast asleep next to me with a cold beer and warm fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Wish I had five pieces of toast to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

FTGFOP wrote: »
    Wish I had five pieces of toast to eat.

Ive some ginger nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

The carpet matches the drapes in that regard! (assuming your avatar is accurate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

morning all! much nicer day today. I've been for a run, next up is tea and the sunday papers.

I hope ye all dodge the hangovers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya thank god the wind and rain is gone at last :)

I want icecream for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

NoDice wrote: »
    I want icecream for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

How does Monday always come around so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Because life is ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

unfortunately it is pretty sh1t and being a Monday makes it worse:( on a less depressing note, Friday is only 4 days away:D

cheer up gents! it's not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

deRanged wrote: »
    cheer up gents! it's not that bad.
    Since my last comment life got a lot more ****er! - This is my worst day so far :(

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Since my last comment life got a lot more ****er! - This is my worst day so far :(

balls - sorry to hear that. hopefully things will turn around soon.

• Advertisement

Dose Webby, hope everything is ok.

It's so busy in work today I think I'm going to explode. And I think I'm getting the flu; my back is so bloody sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Pfft :(:mad::( Anyone know whats happening with HMV, whether they're gonna stay open or what? Its pretty much one of the only reason's (along with English Market/Waterstones) that I bother to head into town instead of going to Wilton/Mahon point. Zhivago's is closing in Galway too. F*cking recession :mad:

Pfft :(:mad::( Anyone know whats happening with HMV, whether they're gonna stay open or what? Its pretty much one of the only reason's (along with English Market/Waterstones) that I bother to head into town instead of going to Wilton/Mahon point. Zhivago's is closing in Galway too. F*cking recession :mad:

Really hope it does'nt close the city would'nt the same for me without it.

HMV is closing? Dose. Where will I get any of my DVDs and CDs?? :( I go in there nearly every weekend and buy a whole pile of things after stalking around for hours! How is Golden Discs still open if HMV is closing?

NoDice wrote: »
    HMV is closing?

there's no guarantee of that yet (as far as I know anyway).
    the parent company is in trouble and looking at closing a number of stores, some of which are in the republic.
    I doubt they'll close Cork though - there's no other HMV store anywhere near.

The other worry is the same company runs Waterstones.

the parent company is in trouble and looking at closing a number of stores, some of which are in the republic.

God that's awful. they're the only two shops I really go to town for. And they're always packed! What a shame. Hope they don't close.

I can't really understand folks buying CDs unless they are heavily reduced when you can download them legally for small money. Books, fair enough, the libraries don't have lots of the new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

RoverJames wrote: »
    I can't really understand folks buying CDs unless they are heavily reduced when you can download them legally for small money. Books, fair enough, the libraries don't have lots of the new stuff.

I agree, I have not bought a physical CD since itunes gift cards became available in Tesco and o2 stores.

They only take up space anyway, I only ever listen to music on my computer, from my mp3 player or in my car (via mp3 player) anyway.

I don't like buying online at all, I much prefer the CD.
    I do wait till the album is cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I was thinking the same about the Cork store as they have a fairly captive market. Their is nowhere else in the Cork area to match them since Zavvi went bust. I read an article that they needed to reduce the number of stores to reduce their fixed costs and that most of the stores are on 7 year leases. So they may look at getting rid of the stores that have less time left on the leases as one of the criteria.

There was also talk that HMV may sell off Waterstones.
    RoverJames wrote: »

I wouldn't really buy CD's in there, mainly I buy DVD's but I would miss not being able to go in and rummage around the place if it was gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement