Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

RoverJames wrote: »
    Good story to go with that?

I sucked on 2 'black deaths' :(
    They should come with a warning!!
    That's to be expected when one licks the blue waff... nevermind :D

Why you little .... :pac:
    How are ya hun?
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Hey lads, I'm sure there's been countless threads opened about this so don't want to start another.

Anything goes in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hey everyone:D busy week, cant wait for tomorrow, Friday at last:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

corkcomp wrote: »
    hey everyone:D busy week, cant wait for tomorrow, Friday at last:)

evening! it's been a very busy week, roll on 3 pm tomorrow. early finish for me :)

I'm wrecked too, didn't bother with the gym tonight. Had a nice steak and some noodles, yum yum. Decent snooze tonight hopefully :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

+1 on the decent snooze, got a mental day tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday will involve me, my xbox, beer, my dog, and feck all else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've to be at the airport early tomorrow to fly to Dublin for work...on the upside haven't seen my friends from College who're working up there in ages so staying around for the weekend and going on the last

HURRAHHHHHHH :D

hoping for around 5pm finish:rolleyes: at least Saturday is chill out day, ill be outdoors rebuilding an old engine! think i'll try get at least 6 hours tonight, old age catching up:pac:

9.33pm in Belgium...

Kingtut is:
    1) Tired
    2) Ill - got sick twice today and it wasn't from drink (haven't had time to drink in ages)
    3) Still in work!
    4) Cranky
    5) Hungry
    6) Working day 15 in a row!

Can anyone beat that?

kingtut wrote: »
    9.33pm in Belgium...

Kingtut is:
    1) Tired
    2) Ill - got sick twice today and it wasn't from drink (haven't had time to drink in ages)
    3) Still in work!
    4) Cranky
    5) Hungry

Can anyone beat that?

sh1t, i dont feel so sorry for myself now! get well soon dude and take a day off!!

sh1t, i dont feel so sorry for myself now! get well soon dude and take a day off!!

Thanks, I have 3rd and 4th of Feb off :) can't wait!
    Parent's visiting though so I can't spend those days sleeping :(

• Advertisement

ill be outdoors rebuilding an old engine!

I could have used one of your tractors the other day. one of the neighbours had a slight car-in-a-ditch situation. we tried digging it out, but no go. had to call a recovery truck in the end. no damage to the car, though the same can not be said of the garden.

I hope the nice beer is making up for all the work Kingtut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

9.33pm in Belgium...

Kingtut is:
    1) Tired
    3) Still in work!
    4) Cranky
    5) Hungry

Can anyone beat that?

Yucky, sorry you are not feeling well. Wish we could send you some chicken soup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sunday will involve me, my xbox, beer, my dog, and feck all else.

Your dog plays xbox??!!! Legend ;)

Saturday is chill out day, ill be outdoors rebuilding an old engine!

I haven't seen a forcast for tomorrow, but ouch! Trying to do that work in the freezing cold with numb hands...... It's been ages since I've stripped down an engine but I won't offer to help. :)

Can anyone beat that?

Not even with a big stick. Most I ever did was 26 days out of 27, but I wussed out and had a day off in the middle.

You should quit though. I'm only half kidding. It's actually illegal to work that many hours for a reason. Your odds of having an accident (at work, while traveling or at home) go way up. It's probably a difficult position to be in, but your health comes first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

+1 on the decent snooze, got a mental day tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday will involve me, my xbox, beer, my dog, and feck all else.

Same! Though I'm thinking of skinning my youngest dog; she kept me up all bloody night barking at a stupid cat that could only be heard faintly from miles away. I was so mad at her this morning!!

I also have to finish Fable 3. It's beyond a joke at this stage, all I'm doing is dicking around now and haven't moved on with the storyline properly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Yeah, I read an article similar to that but they said the Cork store would not be affected. I would be very surprised if it was. It really is the only proper music store in the city centre.
    And totally agree with the rummaging!!
    mudokon wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about the Cork store as they have a fairly captive market. Their is nowhere else in the Cork area to match them since Zavvi went bust. I read an article that they needed to reduce the number of stores to reduce their fixed costs and that most of the stores are on 7 year leases. So they may look at getting rid of the stores that have less time left on the leases as one of the criteria.

I wouldn't really buy CD's in there, mainly I buy DVD's but I would miss not being able to go in and rummage around the place if it was gone.

I still buy cd's sometimes but its dvd's I go to HMV for, I love browsing and finding an old film or series that I had forgotten about. Glad to hear they're probably staying, that Director's cut shop is really crappy and the only golden discs shop in town is tiny (the one in Merchants Quay). I'd say town was hit badly by the snow/ice before christmas.

Hope you're feeling better soon Tut, you work too hard!

Our house is freezing cos we ran out of oil, hopefully we'll get some delivered later!
    Just back from a walk, love these cold but sunny days :) There's a spot at the top of our road where you can see all the way from the county hall all the way out to about Classes Lake on the west side of B'Collig. This morning the whole thing was covered in thick fog, couldn't see anything apart from the hills in the background. Was pretty cool :) Wish I had brought a camera!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's a spot at the top of our road where you can see all the way from the county hall all the way out to about Classes Lake on the west side of B'Collig.

wow thats some view!

NoDice wrote: »
    I also have to finish Fable 3.

Any good?worth the 40 odd euro?

Just back from the gym,my bones hurt....:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Any good?worth the 40 odd euro?

If you liked the second one you'd like it. There are pros and cons (it was slated in comparison to the second fable. TBF I understand why it didn't get as good a response; there are a few annoying things about it, but it's still a pretty good game!) like any game but I'm sure it'll be cheaper soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Finished work for the night :) dinner and tv :D

Hi ho hi ho its off to Mahon I go :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: More than likely I won't get anything but sure its good interview experience :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You won't get it with that attitude! - think positive and yes it is experience. best of luck!

• Advertisement

Hi ho hi ho its off to Mahon I go

good luck with it!

afternoon all.

Afternoon indeed. Off to town to deliver laptop with replaced screen to customer, then walking of the dog, then omnoms, and after, the Pontius Pilate and the NailDrivers gig in town. Can't wait.

I love lazy saturdays.

have a picture of a pig on a scooter.

5377951424_6ce54b61aa.jpg
    scooter pig loves cork by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I still buy cd's sometimes but its dvd's I go to HMV for, I love browsing and finding an old film or series that I had forgotten about. Glad to hear they're probably staying, that Director's cut shop is really crappy and the only golden discs shop in town is tiny (the one in Merchants Quay). I'd say town was hit badly by the snow/ice before christmas.

There is some good stuff in Directors cut, the World Cinema section in there is great.
    NoDice wrote: »
    If you liked the second one you'd like it. There are pros and cons (it was slated in comparison to the second fable. TBF I understand why it didn't get as good a response; there are a few annoying things about it, but it's still a pretty good game!) like any game but I'm sure it'll be cheaper soon enough.

I enjoyed the second one but I wasn't eager enough to play the 3rd to pay full price for it.
    Hi ho hi ho its off to Mahon I go :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: More than likely I won't get anything but sure its good interview experience :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good luck with it.
    fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-smiley-emoticon-000674-large.gif
    Afternoon indeed. Off to town to deliver laptop with replaced screen to customer, then walking of the dog, then omnoms, and after, the Pontius Pilate and the NailDrivers gig in town. Can't wait.

Hopefully they won't torture you with their murdered version of Police & Thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

deRanged wrote: »
    I love lazy saturdays.

have a picture of a pig on a scooter.

5377951424_6ce54b61aa.jpg
    scooter pig loves cork by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

I love these stencils. Walked by one of Brian cowen wearing prison gear the other day!! Hilarious

Spotted Dan Boyle canvassing on the Douglas road today. Can't wait for that pack of Communists The Green party to come knocking on my door after what they did to the Motor Trade and driving in general in this country.

Guess the few months of endless election posters and useless promises is about to ensue.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    You won't get it with that attitude! - think positive and yes it is experience. best of luck!
    deRanged wrote: »
    good luck with it!
    Good luck with it.
    fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-smiley-emoticon-000674-large.gif

Thanks guys! :D Thought it would be full on interviews but it was just a short chat with one of the lab staff. The place was massive, why were they allowed build there though when the traffic is sh1te anyway with Mahon Pt and all the other industrial estates. :eek::rolleyes:
    There is some good stuff in Directors cut, the World Cinema section in there is great.

Yeah its good for some stuff, I've gone in a couple of times and never found anything really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The pig on the scooter is so cute :) Where did ya take that pic? There is some pretty decent graffiti in the city centre.

I love these stencils. Walked by one of Brian cowen wearing prison gear the other day!! Hilarious

this one?

5360656941_197ca185f1.jpg
    16012011307 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

panda100 wrote: »
    The pig on the scooter is so cute :)

That is no way to speak about a member of the fine An Garda Síochána :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement