Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That Brian Cowen one could be Gerry Ryan too!

kingtut wrote: »
    6) Working day 15 in a row!

Can anyone beat that?

I worked 7 days a week for 4 or 5 months including Bank Holidays for a while in my younger days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Laura is still quite drunk and on her way to school this should be fun ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Maaaaaan.. I went out Saturday night to a house party, drank way too much wine. Metallica was played and it all went downhill from there. My neck is still killing me today. Man I'm getting old... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NoDice wrote: »
    Maaaaaan.. I went out Saturday night to a house party, drank way too much wine. Metallica was played and it all went downhill from there. My neck is still killing me today. Man I'm getting old... :(

good auld tallica :D,have'nt listened to them in ages actually.

• Advertisement

good auld tallica :D,have'nt listened to them in ages actually.

Me neither so needless to say I went a bit mental when Sanitarium came on. Cue extreme air guitar solos and hardcore headbanging. I'm getting far too old. My neck feels like a herd of yaks trampled it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Yeah its good for some stuff, I've gone in a couple of times and never found anything really

It's more the way the place is organised, If you have the time and patience to search or if you are into tractor DVD's it would be a goldmine. :pac:
    Me neither so needless to say I went a bit mental when Sanitarium came on. Cue extreme air guitar solos and hardcore headbanging. I'm getting far too old. My neck feels like a herd of yaks trampled it. :(

Wait until you get to my age you'll be listening to stuff like this as a gentle swaying is all you can manage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Speaking of which - are the All Stars coming back anytime soon? That was a really cool concert :D

They've been here every year for the last two years so hopefully they'll be back this year too. If they do come back hope it isn't around the Jazz fest as the two gigs in the one night didn't work out too well. It was good but the year before was better.

I hope so too, I would love to see them again... on time this time :)

Today has been craptastic, I keep getting worse and worse news about the project I am working on and there is nothing I can do to resolve the situation. I have to wait for other people to fix things. I am enough of a control freak that this is making me crazy :mad::(:o

• Advertisement

Customer was supposed to land on at 9 for me to do a lot of work today for them, workshop was closing at 4, customer landed on at 10.30. Still wrecked, no breakfast, no lunch and hands in tatters. Had to cancel the guitar lesson I was teaching tonight too.

On the upshot, car insurance seems to be getting cheaper as I get older though, pricing renewals today and things ain't half bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

People can no longer wear headphones over their heads in public now without people thinking about him, especially if you have the same body frame as him. I was in New York and people had headphones over their heads, yet no problem.

Damn you Dancing Dave! *waves fist in air*

Working from home today, yay! Happy Wednesday everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

So, out of interest, does anyone here like board games? I'm looking to start up a pretty regular gaming group, I have a couple of mates up here who play, but we could always use more!

(By board games I am referring to stuff that you would find on boardgamegeek.com, think monopoly or risk, but actually good =D. Does not matter if you have not played before.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oeb wrote: »
    So, out of interest, does anyone here like board games? I'm looking to start up a pretty regular gaming group, I have a couple of mates up here who play, but we could always use more!

(By board games I am referring to stuff that you would find on boardgamegeek.com, think monopoly or risk, but actually good =D. Does not matter if you have not played before.)

Where you based?Risk always interested me but never got round to playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Where you based?Risk always interested me but never got round to playing it.

We either play in Douglas or in the city center.

jujibee wrote: »
    I hope so too, I would love to see them again... on time this time :)

Today has been craptastic, I keep getting worse and worse news about the project I am working on and there is nothing I can do to resolve the situation. I have to wait for other people to fix things. I am enough of a control freak that this is making me crazy :mad::(:o

I checked Cyprus Avenues website and nothing listed as yet but it only goes as far as May.

The joys of working for a large company. :P
    Working from home today, yay! Happy Wednesday everyone!

I'm at home today as well, not working though unless you count Guitar Hero as work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

oeb wrote: »

Played a game called "Articulate" over Christmas with some friends - simple game - split into teams of two, one person describes either an object, person, action, location or nature to the other person using flashcards.

For every correct answer you move forwards on the board - you have 30 seconds and whatever category you finish up on is the one you have to describe next.

After a few cans/wine it's brilliant fun :)

mudokon wrote: »
    I'm at home today as well, not working though unless you count Guitar Hero as work.

Well, customer was a no show rescheduling for tomorrow morning, so it's quality time with the dog, and later Assassins Creed Brotherhood for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

PaulieC wrote: »
    Played a game called "Articulate" over Christmas with some friends - simple game - split into teams of two, one person describes either an object, person, action, location or nature to the other person using flashcards.

For every correct answer you move forwards on the board - you have 30 seconds and whatever category you finish up on is the one you have to describe next.

After a few cans/wine it's brilliant fun :)

That game rules - you can get a new pack of cards too online once the old one lose their entertainment value. We don't bother with the wheel that comes with it, too difficult to negotiate when half-cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

CorkMan wrote: »
    People can no longer wear headphones over their heads in public now without people thinking about him, especially if you have the same body frame as him. I was in New York and people had headphones over their heads, yet no problem.

Damn you Dancing Dave! *waves fist in air*

That's just ridiculous, do what you want!

Well, customer was a no show rescheduling for tomorrow morning, so it's quality time with the dog, and later Assassins Creed Brotherhood for me.

Must be a pain with the no shows, is Brotherhood any good? I tried to play the first one recently and got bored of it very quickly.

Must be a pain with the no shows, is Brotherhood any good? I tried to play the first one recently and got bored of it very quickly.

Huuuuge improvement from the first one. First one was very repetitive imo but they've added puzzles and mini games, it's just as beautiful if not more, map is bigger and quests are less predictable. Love the cut scenes in it!

Man, so tired, why did I offer to do overtime.. :(

Huuuuge improvement from the first one. First one was very repetitive imo but they've added puzzles and mini games, it's just as beautiful if not more, map is bigger and quests are less predictable. Love the cut scenes in it!

Yeah, I think I got to the second or third mission before I was bored with it, haven't gone near it since.
    Man, so tired, why did I offer to do overtime.. :(

To pay for your DC universe subscription of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

tommy21 wrote: »
    That game rules - you can get a new pack of cards too online once the old one lose their entertainment value. We don't bother with the wheel that comes with it, too difficult to negotiate when half-cut!

We just didn't bother with it from the start figured the game was fine the way we were playing it :)

Some of the drunken answers we had were hilarious!!

Yeah, I think I got to the second or third mission before I was bored with it, haven't gone near it since.

To pay for your DC universe subscription of course.

Ha ha yeah but 1st month is free on PS3. I'll see how it goes, haven't started it yet but it's at hoem waiting till I finish Fable. Haven't had a proper gaming sesh in a while now thanks to how wrecked I've been at work.

I got my first paycheck after the new taxes... I think I want to cry. :(:eek:

Ha ha yeah but 1st month is free on PS3. I'll see how it goes, haven't started it yet but it's at hoem waiting till I finish Fable. Haven't had a proper gaming sesh in a while now thanks to how wrecked I've been at work.

Fable is one I'm looking forward to playing but I'll wait until it's cheaper as it doesn't seem too different to any of the first 2. I never play games online so I don't have to worry about subscription fees. I haven't had a proper gaming session for ages either. I can never make up my mind on what console to play. The closest I get is playing my PSP on the way to & home from work.
    jujibee wrote: »
    I got my first paycheck after the new taxes... I think I want to cry. :(:eek:

I can imagine, I haven't done a normal weeks work since the universal scam charge came in so I'll save my crying till then.

I should not have gone into town today, spent way to much money on games/DVDs.

Anyone interested in going to see Stomp in the Opera House in March? This is an example of the type of thing it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Anyone interested in going to see Stomp in the Opera House in March? This is an example of the type of thing it'll be.

YES I AM!!!! Need to find out dates though.

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    YES I AM!!!! Need to find out dates though.

Thought you might be interested alright. :D

Dates are Tues 22nd - Sun - 27th. I'd probably have to go on the Tuesday or Wednesday as I'll be working late the rest of that week.

Tickets range from €21 to €31, all tickets for the 22nd are €21.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement