Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

mudokon wrote: »
    Thought you might be interested alright. :D

Dates are Tues 22nd - Sun - 27th. I'd probably have to go on the Tuesday or Wednesday as I'll be working late the rest of that week.

Tickets range from €21 to €31, all tickets for the 22nd are €21.

Aw no, am on nights that week, mon to wed. So ill have to try go later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

jujibee wrote: »
    I got my first paycheck after the new taxes... I think I want to cry. :(:eek:
    I feel your pain. I wasn't taxed at all last year due to starting work at end of year. On top of this, I've a joint train ticket being deducted from my wages. 350 euro month :(

How's everyone!

I can't wait until Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Good thanks and yourself? Are you coming down for the weekend?

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Good thanks and yourself? Are you coming down for the weekend?
    Good good.

Yeah I think I should. Have not been down now since 28th december! Time for a change.

You won't be around weekend no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

jujibee wrote: »
    I got my first paycheck after the new taxes... I think I want to cry. :(:eek:

Same here. I think they made that USC as confusing as possible so that we don't question it. Man I'm down three times as much as I'd usually be. :( Makes a huge difference.
    Fable is one I'm looking forward to playing but I'll wait until it's cheaper as it doesn't seem too different to any of the first 2. I never play games online so I don't have to worry about subscription fees. I haven't had a proper gaming session for ages either. I can never make up my mind on what console to play. The closest I get is playing my PSP on the way to & home from work.

Fable is great but it's been slated tbf understandably but I won't spoil it by telling you why till you've played it. I'm enjoying it as it still has it's pros! Cut scenes are much better too. :) Defo wait till it comes down in cost. I got the collectors edition. :o

Stomp is brilliant. I think the past two times I've seen it my mouth was wide open both times for the entire show. It's awesome. Would love to see it again but I have to save for my holiday.

Hope you're all well today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Must be a pain with the no shows, is Brotherhood any good? I tried to play the first one recently and got bored of it very quickly.

Me too,think I'll go straight onto the second one,hope its not as boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Aw no, am on nights that week, mon to wed. So ill have to try go later in the week.

Let me know what night suits & I'll see if I can get some time off.
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I wasn't taxed at all last year due to starting work at end of year. On top of this, I've a joint train ticket being deducted from my wages. 350 euro month :(

How's everyone!

I can't wait until Friday night!

It's all good, and yourself? Let us know if you're definitely coming down. I may pop in and say hi on my way home if you are all still going bowling.
    NoDice wrote: »
    Fable is great but it's been slated tbf understandably but I won't spoil it by telling you why till you've played it. I'm enjoying it as it still has it's pros! Cut scenes are much better too. :) Defo wait till it comes down in cost. I got the collectors edition. :o

From what I've seen of it they have just stuck to their tried and tested formula which works for me as I really enjoyed the first 2. Collectors editions are wasted on me as it is normally DLC and I never bother with any of that.
    Stomp is brilliant. I think the past two times I've seen it my mouth was wide open both times for the entire show. It's awesome. Would love to see it again but I have to save for my holiday.

Never seen it live which is why I want to go while it's here. Watched some great videos of it though.
    Hope you're all well today. :)

Doing surprisingly well seeing as today is my Monday. How's your day going.
    Me too,think I'll go straight onto the second one,hope its not as boring.

The second one is supposed to be better but I'm kind of wary about spending any more money on the series now.

From what I've seen of it they have just stuck to their tried and tested formula which works for me as I really enjoyed the first 2. Collectors editions are wasted on me as it is normally DLC and I never bother with any of that.

The second one is supposed to be better but I'm kind of wary about spending any more money on the series now.

They have changed a good bit of the gameplay regarding the new map, character interaction, etc. The controls and powers are exactly the same though. I loved it as I said but there are a few things in it that pished me off.

Brotherhood is defo way better!

Today is your Monday?? Today is my Friday. :)

They have changed a good bit of the gameplay regarding the new map, character interaction, etc. The controls and powers are exactly the same though. I loved it as I said but there are a few things in it that pished me off.

Brotherhood is defo way better!

Today is your Monday?? Today is my Friday. :)

I was hoping they'd do away with the whole marriage thing as I keep getting divorced. :pac:

I only work 3 days a week, so I can't complain even though I hate the weekend shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I
    I only work 3 days a week, so I can't complain even though I hate the weekend shift.

oh, your just starting the 4 day dead mans shift then?:( are you heading in tomorrow night? I'll be there around 8.30 on looks like good turn out so far:D

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    oh, your just starting the 4 day dead mans shift then?:( are you heading in tomorrow night? I'll be there around 8.30 on looks like good turn out so far:D

No just a 3 day shift this week have Sunday off :D, I might pop in on my way home but won't be bowling.

No just a 3 day shift this week have Sunday off :D, I might pop in on my way home but won't be bowling.

excellent.. and you were accusing me of knocking off early? tut tut:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Must be a pain with the no shows, is Brotherhood any good? I tried to play the first one recently and got bored of it very quickly.

It's nowhere near as good as ACII. ACII is like the best tombraider meets an all out killfest/arkham asylum. Brotherhood is fine and all, but because it's all set in one city, it gets a bit samey, in fact, a lot of the tasks are samey in the game too. Still enjoying it, and will see it out to the end.

Not the worst day so far though, got a job done despite of the drizzle, customer was happy, so it's a lazy afternoon for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's nowhere near as good as ACII. ACII is like the best tombraider meets an all out killfest/arkham asylum. Brotherhood is fine and all, but because it's all set in one city, it gets a bit samey, in fact, a lot of the tasks are samey in the game too. Still enjoying it, and will see it out to the end.

Not the worst day so far though, got a job done despite of the drizzle, customer was happy, so it's a lazy afternoon for me :D

It has multiplayer though doesn't it?whats that like?

excellent.. and you were accusing me of knocking off early? tut tut:pac:

You were dressed like you were heading home though, you were still skiving after your lunch though. :P

That sounds good, love Tomb Raider and Arkham Asylum was one of the most fun games I played in a while.

Yay for lazy afternoons, it's quiet here too. A nice gentle start to the week. :)

It has multiplayer though doesn't it?whats that like?

Don't have xbox live gold membership, so I couldn't tell you, but xbox gold is free this weekend so I'll be able to tell you on Monday :D

Is it?dam makes me wish my xbox was wireless,you need one of those wireless adaptor things?

It doesn't need to be wireless..

Anyone have any good websites I can check out? Getting bored at work, have a few hours left and need a giggle..

Just spent my last hour typing out (can't simply print or copy ans paste thanks to computer restrictions at work) the locations of every collectible in Fable 3. I'm gonna have a very long weekend.

Fark.com is always good for killing time.
    Engadget/Gizmodo/Gizmag if you're into techy stuff.

It doesn't need to be wireless..

Anyone have any good websites I can check out? Getting bored at work, have a few hours left and need a giggle..

Just spent my last hour typing out (can't simply print or copy ans paste thanks to computer restrictions at work) the locations of every collectible in Fable 3. I'm gonna have a very long weekend.

oh ya,ethernet cable *slaps head*

• Advertisement

Love gizmodo, will check the other ones - haven't heard of them. I've outdone 2leep. :(

So annoying cause everything is blocked in work so it's hard to find random websites.

I have the gold membership. Biggest waste of money for me considering I rarely play the multiplayer modes. Not a big 1st person shooter gamer either so it's lost on me! :rolleyes:

Could you have printed from a Word doc? I'd have sent it to you in an email if you wanted.

You need a copy of 'The Gimp' software which will screenshot the browser and save it as an image. It'll bypass not being able to use the printscreen button due to your copy/paste restrictions.

The email would have been an idea. Also I could have just waited till I got home. In fairness I created this problem I think so don't feel sorry for me. :o Passed a bit of time I guess! :rolleyes::o:o /facepalm

Also can't download/upload anything. Can't connect any sort of usb key and can't take the computer off mute, no earphones either. ..

The email would have been an idea. Also I could have just waited till I got home. In fairness I created this problem I think so don't feel sorry for me. :o Passed a bit of time I guess! :rolleyes::o:o /facepalm

okay I won't. :pac: It reminded me of when I used to enter cheats for the Spectrum, it used to take ages as you had to type in lines and lines of code, hoping they never mucked up when it went to printing.

I'll be around alright tomorrow evening Mudokon.

I'm not sure though if I'll make on time for bowling. I'll def be there some stage anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

:O

shakencat wrote: »
    Hey you!

Long time no see :)

How's Oz?

shakencat wrote: »

hey hey.. long time no show:p.. we missed ya:D

• Advertisement

hey hey.. long time no show:p.. we missed ya:D
    How's you?

I'll be down tonight some stage. HOpe to make it asap. What's plan after bowling. Not sure i'll be staying out until 2/3am! We'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement