Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Not only the rain, but the cold. My two hands are like blocks of ice. Home now with them wrapped around a mug of piping hot coffee, and they ain't getting any warmer!

Yeah, least a week ago it was wet and mild now it doesn't know if its cold or wet, its just both.

Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that was some shower of rain a few minutes ago!
    least it's showers and not steady rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup, rain AND hail this morning. Just sitting at home now peering out the window. So, apart from everyone's easy going attitude, and our social weekend activities, and some gorgeous scenery when you get outside the city - what's good about Ireland again? :pac:

So, apart from everyone's easy going attitude, and our social weekend activities, and some gorgeous scenery when you get outside the city - what's good about Ireland again? :pac:

If you had a load of cash in the bank it's a great spot, for the working person who needs to make a living it's looking like a sh1t enough spot for the next 5 to 7 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I was lucky today. It stopped raining just as I got off the bus for my walk home so I did not get wet. Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bleh - should have taken advice from the carwash thread and gone somewhere to get my car washed. Not only did I do a bad job trying to wash all the much off in the alloted time, but now I've realised what a horrible state my alloys are in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Tesco's alloy cleaner is actually amazing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you had a load of cash in the bank it's a great spot, for the working person who needs to make a living it's looking like a sh1t enough spot for the next 5 to 7 years :(

If you have loads of cash in the bank better get rid of it before the bank goes bust, or the next government takes it off you in the form of a wealth tax so they can prevent the bank from going bust.

Either way you're fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

If you have loads of cash in the bank better get rid of it before the bank goes bust, or the next government takes it off you in the form of a wealth tax so they can prevent the bank from going bust.

Either way you're fecked.

+1 i was thinking the same :D

best alloy cleaner i've come across is ether - available in motor factors as diesel engine cold / easy start spray!

I bought one of the aytoglym alloy cleaners - found it fairly good.
    then I solved the problem by just letting the car get filthy and stay dirty!

• Advertisement

Wondawheels isn't bad for alloys, but you have to work hard with it. Tardis is excellent too, but it's hard to get, and you can't leave it on for long.

Won a table quiz last night, so well chuffed with that, and took today off to update my work website - and actually managed to finish it in a day. These things normally take me 3 weeks with the slowness of me and my lack of motivation sometimes :D

How was everyone else's Thurs?

How was everyone else's Thurs?

Fair play on the site :)
    Thursday was ok, busy at work, hectic ole day. Did a good lash in the gym which was surprising as I had no mind at all to go down there. If I could only stop eating lovely stuff :pac:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Stufff. Thing I'll go get me some stuff now too. Damn you RJ!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Hi Cork boardsies! I've posted in this forum once or twice but just thought I'd introduce myself properly. Have just moved to Cork in January, and even though I'm originally from a town not that far away I didn't know Cork city at all, but really glad I moved here. There are some seriously friendly people in this city! So just wanted to say hi and looking forward to hanging around this forum! :D

Hi Cork boardsies!

hello!

morning all. I'm playing soccer today, numbers permitting.
    I've not played in many years, so expect an update tonight about how many parts of me hurt :)

Haha best of luck with it, it probably won't hit you till tomorrow morning when you try to get out of bed and all your muscles start screaming at you to stay where you are. But it'll be fun and healthy, so in conclusion, it'll be worth it!

Hi Cork boardsies! I've posted in this forum once or twice but just thought I'd introduce myself properly. Have just moved to Cork in January, and even though I'm originally from a town not that far away I didn't know Cork city at all, but really glad I moved here. There are some seriously friendly people in this city! So just wanted to say hi and looking forward to hanging around this forum! :D

Hi welcome to here and to Cork. Don't hesitate to ask for the local knowledge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Welcome to this little corner of virtual Cork lemon_of_old.

Thanks for the alloy cleaning tips guys. TBH, I'm balking at the thought of it. There's so much of what I can only think is brake dust caked on the inside of them that I'm wondering if sand blasting is the only thing that'll do the job. I live in the middle of a town so it's hard to find a space to get the wheels off and clean them one by one. I'll probably end up having to go out to my brother's place to do it and get burnt alive working outdoors for hours some sunny day. It won't be today though....

Thanks for the alloy cleaning tips guys. TBH, I'm balking at the thought of it.

with the cleaner I bought you spray it on and leave it to work the brake dust loose. something like that might make things easier.

soccer is cancelled :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Christ its really coming down outside :eek:

• Advertisement

It sure is. Trying to work up the courage to leave the house, have a load of grocery shopping to do, it's the 15min walk there and back that's putting me off. Fuppin rain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It sure is. Trying to work up the courage to leave the house, have a load of grocery shopping to do, it's the 15min walk there and back that's putting me off. Fuppin rain.

You'll get drenched :O

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You'll get drenched :O

I got soaked walking back to work after lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Good evening from Leuven Belgium, how is everyone this evening?

Well I made it. Cheated a little and jumped on a bus. I tried something new and brought a great big suitcase with wheels to put all my groceries in, and despite freaking out a little at the thoughts of a jar of tomato sauce exploding, everything stayed neatly unexploded in its jar/packet. Dragging it up 4 flights of stairs was not cool though. Actually now that I write it down, the image is a bit funny. But I was dry - great success! Has everybody else dried off?

kingtut wrote: »
    Good evening from Leuven Belgium, how is everyone this evening?

evening Kingtut - how's the form?
    Cork is wet and there's a flood warning. which became less funny when I realised I now live in a flood warning location, with my car parked in a basement :)

I didn't get too wet walking home, the rain had eased off for a bit. happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah sh1te - flood warning? :(

On the up side, went to a milkshake bar thingie in Wilton this evening where they blend whatever confection you want with ice cream and milk and then you can get toppings like marshmallows, smarties etc on it. Got a Crunchie one - sweet Jesus on the cross, it was glorious.

That was my first AND LAST visit to that evil place! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Dudess wrote: »
    On the up side, went to a milkshake bar thingie in Wilton this evening where they blend whatever confection you want with ice cream and milk and then you can get toppings like marshmallows, smarties etc on it. Got a Crunchie one - sweet Jesus on the cross, it was glorious.

That was my first AND LAST visit to that evil place! :D

Oh my gosh, that sounds yummy. Where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wilton SC Jujibee - the old part. Can't remember exactly where.

• Advertisement

Saw "The Fighter" tonight, 'twas not bad but with all the brilliant reviews I was expecting better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement