Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Wrecked myself this week, also off tomorrow (woo), then airsoft Sunday (woo woo).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading to Dublin tomorrow for the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

voting done, now to enjoy my sisters 21st. just a party in the house, but it should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

deRanged wrote: »
    voting done, now to enjoy my sisters 21st. just a party in the house, but it should be good craic.

Any decent looking friends by the sis?? I could always cancel London :pac:

There's nothing quite like a McDonalds :D

Yes, I'm lovin' it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

RoverJames wrote: »
    There's nothing quite like a McDonalds :D

Yes, I'm lovin' it :pac:
    haha how's you RJ. In from a night out? Up quite late :P

Just missed you dude, yep, was only in a short while. Keeping well thankfully, you're still enjoying the big smoke no doubt? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Why do I have this vision of RJ crawling on his hands and knees to the counter and just putting money on the counter while pointing at his mouth, too drunk to talk? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Evening chatters!!

Working 8pm to 8am for the next 4 days, woohoo! :mad:

kingtut wrote: »

Used to do shiftwork years ago, never did 4 12 hour nights in a row, we used to do 3, never found them too bad. Never had an issue sleeping during the day in between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

kingtut wrote: »
    Evening chatters!!

Evening, I feel for you, I have had two jobs where I worked nights and that really messes me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I love my nights, get the best sleep during the day. When I am i on 7 to 7 days I am so so drained everyday because I cant sleep at night. Am on nights tomorrow for 3 days, and Ill go in on thurs night on ot. Love this week.:D

The jobs I had were purely night work, I could never get used to sleeping in the daytime. Especially in the summer when it was light and warm. Mixing shifts between days and nights sounds even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I need a big ol' drink!! Grrr at life :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I had a close scrape with death on Sunday....in need of a few myself :P

I had a close scrape with death on Sunday....in need of a few myself :P

oh you can't leave it like that! spill the beans.

Went on my first parachute jump Sunday, main chute failure and it all got knotted. Got a bit more freefall time than expected :P. Guy with me managed to get it off and release the reserve in time :P

Went on my first parachute jump Sunday, main chute failure and it all got knotted. Got a bit more freefall time than expected :P. Guy with me managed to get it off and release the reserve in time :P

holy heck!
    I thought you meant you almost fell down some steps or something!
    that's a hell of a story. you definitely earned a few drinks :)

Thing is that it has strangely made me want to go back up again and do some more jumps. Its hard to explain. Going to get some money together and probably do the solo jump training.

And today, I'm working in a petshop. Bring on the coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

And today, I'm working in a petshop. Bring on the coffee!

Painting exotic birds??:D

I wish :D Nah, friend owns the Petshop, and he had to take a day off urgently, so I'm covering for him. Been a looooooooong time since I've worked retail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I wish :D Nah, friend owns the Petshop, and he had to take a day off urgently, so I'm covering for him. Been a looooooooong time since I've worked retail.

Your a master of all trades!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I think you have just managed to convince me that this parachute jumping is something that I never need to try :eek:

:eek:

I wouldn't have the balls for a parachute jump to be honest, reading that won't be encouraging me either :pac:

I'll join the not throwing myself out of a plane crowd too. All it would take is the bag to be packed wrong and it's you versus gravity. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's always stuck me as a bit of a two fingered salute to the poor sods who spent ages designing, building a maintaining it, when you go and jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane. Would still love to try it some time. I think you can do "jump holidays" in Canada where you're almost guaranteed good weather and get plenty of jumps in.

Yeah my biggest worry about jumping out of an aeroplane is offending the engineer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

mudokon wrote: »
    I'll join the not throwing myself out of a plane crowd too. All it would take is the bag to be packed wrong and it's you versus gravity. :eek:

Yeah but I heard a character in a movie/TV show recently saying that you won't die on impact but rather the inevitable heart attack you'll have as you get closer to the ground...

Don't think I'd have the balls to do a jump tbh...I'd definately soil myself :(

• Advertisement

At 12,000 feet :D. Must have swore more in the ten seconds after this pic than i have in my whole life.

DSC01827_thumb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement