Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Yuck I hate feet and the image of fish (admittedly I'm thinking plaice here) chewing on someones toe fungus is actually making me feel a little sick.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

NoDice wrote: »
    Yuck I hate feet and the image of fish (admittedly I'm thinking plaice here) chewing on someones toe fungus is actually making me feel a little sick.. lol

at least you're not thinking angler fish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

* tumbleweed *

I can't believe how quiet it's gotten in here!!! What's everyone doing?? Holidays?? Work?? Sunning??? :eek::eek:

It sucks! At one point this was a hub of activity then I moved away and it died :( hard to talk as much when I am not around.

Anyway forget that, how are you doing? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Another beautiful day,lets hope it stays like this for the weekend.

kingtut wrote: »
    It sucks! At one point this was a hub of activity then I moved away and it died :( hard to talk as much when I am not around.

Anyway forget that, how are you doing? :)

Good man, how're you getting on?? Settled in??
    Another beautiful day,lets hope it stays like this for the weekend.

Ya it's gorgeous!!! Was just in town stocking up for a BBQ! :) Also got Portal 2! yay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya it's gorgeous!!! Was just in town stocking up for a BBQ! :) Also got Portal 2! yay!

MMMMMM BBQ.......I must look a video of portal 2,everyone is raving about it.

MMMMMM BBQ.......I must look a video of portal 2,everyone is raving about it.
    Yeah I didn't play the first one but my BF said it's brilliant. I still have a few games to go through but I'll let you know how it is when I play it!

Yeah i couldn't believe how good the English market was. I got four or five bags filled with meats and veg and only spent about 40 quid!! Can't wait now for Sunday. having my family over to test out the new barbie. :)

Yeah I didn't play the first one but my BF said it's brilliant. I still have a few games to go through but I'll let you know how it is when I play it!

Yeah i couldn't believe how good the English market was. I got four or five bags filled with meats and veg and only spent about 40 quid!! Can't wait now for Sunday. having my family over to test out the new barbie. :)

Nice ;) hope its sunny for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

evening all.
    went to the front strand in Youghal this evening, then landed back for dinner via Lennox's. smashing start to the long weekend :)

hope ye all have a great weekend!

:pac:

Modest / deluded much :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Hangovers :(

Wish the weather didn't change i was loving the sun :(

Don't think I've anythiby else to give out about but if i do you guys will be first to know! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

The weather is supposed to be nice again tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are telling the truth :)

I am counting down the hours until the long weekend!

Looks like its gonna be ****ty weather today.

well, I went for the fish pedicure today!
    it's brilliant fun :)

5643253836_a676b3352c.jpg
    IMG_5252 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

you can read about it on my blog - I'll put some thoughts about it in shortly.

deRanged wrote: »

Good stuff! 2 questions for you, was it expensive and is there a big queue for the place? :)

Grand thanks, missing all my mates though :(
    RoverJames wrote: »
    :pac:

Modest / deluded much :P

Not in the slightest. If you built up the courage to go to one of the meetups in the last 2 years rather than chickening out you would know that ;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

5643253836_a676b3352c.jpg
    IMG_5252 by Brian Clayton, on Flickr

you can read about it on my blog - I'll put some thoughts about it in shortly.

So then was it expensive to get it done and the big question does it actually work do the little fishes getting rid of skanky feet...

An another note is anyone elses tap water in the Ballintemple area gone all ming. Since last nite we have had brown tap water tis rotten...

Milly33 wrote: »
    So then was it expensive to get it done and the big question does it actually work do the little fishes getting rid of skanky feet...

An another note is anyone elses tap water in the Ballintemple area gone all ming. Since last nite we have had brown tap water tis rotten...

I think I heard someone say it was a euro aminute or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I'm in the Ballinlough area and the water was like that last night and then again this morning. Seems to be a bit better now. Thank God it's not only us!

the fish pedicure was €15 for 15 minutes, though they're very generous with the times - they don't rush you or anything.

we got in as they opened so there wasn't a queue. they're very friendly in there so if you want to get a look at it before you try it there's no problem.

it's good fun, and the fish definitely clean your feet. it's also very soothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

City belong in the premier division :cool:

We'll have to earn our place in the Premier Division, no harm in enjoying the football along the way. We just beat Salthill away 5-1, goals from Greg, Davin with a peno, Cummins, then Nults was sent off and they scored a peno, Cummins scored a peno straight after theirs, and Davin finished the job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hangovers :(

Wish the weather didn't change i was loving the sun :(

Don't think I've anythiby else to give out about but if i do you guys will be first to know! :pac:

do feel free to vent here (we probably wont listen though:pac:)
    the fish pedicure was €15 for 15 minutes, though they're very generous with the times - they don't rush you or anything.

we got in as they opened so there wasn't a queue. they're very friendly in there so if you want to get a look at it before you try it there's no problem.

it's good fun, and the fish definitely clean your feet. it's also very soothing.

I cant help feeling squeemish for some reason! Id give it a go if I had my own NEW virgin fish, uncontaminated by anyone elses feet:P

Grand thanks, missing all my mates though :(

Not in the slightest. If you built up the courage to go to one of the meetups in the last 2 years rather than chickening out you would know that ;):cool:

Nothing to do with courage tut old boy :) Some folks like leaving the internet on the internet. Add to that the 3 to 4 absolute and utter t0ssers (from their persona on here) that seem to go to many of the Cork meetups and it doesn't seem like an attractive evening out to me :)

Many of the folks who attend the meet ups don't even post regularly on boards.ie aside from in the meet up threads, something a tad strange there me thinks.

Asked and answered before too ;)

Back to the thread getting quiet, it's very clear to anyone who used to post on it regularly when and why it actually got quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

i would think it got quiet for a number of reasons - another being that a lot of the regulars are in touch with each other via other mediums and people dont need to post as much to keep up to date.

corkcomp wrote: »
    i would think it got quiet for a number of reasons - another being that a lot of the regulars are in touch with each other via other mediums and people dont need to post as much to keep up to date.

nothing to do with Tut not posting so :eek:

Milly33 wrote: »

I'm in Ballintemple and my water was brown last night but it was fine again thank god this morning. Same happened last week too. I was panicked because the dogs needed water due to how hot it was! They were delighted with the Ballygowen. :rolleyes: Any idea whats causing it?
    corkcomp wrote: »
    I cant help feeling squeemish for some reason! Id give it a go if I had my own NEW virgin fish, uncontaminated by anyone elses feet:P

I was thinking the same thing! When the fish started going towards deRanged's feet I went "EEEEEEEEE!". Ha ha. Cheers for posting the vid btw DeRanged.
    Back to the thread getting quiet, it's very clear to anyone who used to post on it regularly when and why it actually got quiet.

I regularly post imo and I have no idea why it's become so quiet! :( Did I do or say something?? :o:confused:

It's meant to pick up again for the weekend! Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I regularly post imo and I have no idea why it's become so quiet! :( Did I do or say something?? :o:confused:

I don't know either.

Did I do or say something?? :o:confused:

Yep, all your fault :P

Yep, all your fault :P

Very cheeky RJ! :D

On a completely different note, I've just started listening to Vampire Weekend. man they're awesome! they remind me of the Clash & Ramones! Loving it! I really thought they were going to be some emo type scene band. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Can anyone tell me if the pubs and clubs are open at midnight tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement