Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

grenache wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the pubs and clubs are open at midnight tonight?

They're not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

RoverJames wrote: »
    They're not :)

You're positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

NoDice wrote: »
    Cheers for posting the vid btw DeRanged.

no problem! tell 'em you saw it online when you go in :)

I just drove through town, it's fierce quiet. the pubs being closed make some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

deRanged wrote: »
    the fish pedicure was €15 for 15 minutes, though they're very generous with the times - they don't rush you or anything.

we got in as they opened so there wasn't a queue. they're very friendly in there so if you want to get a look at it before you try it there's no problem.

it's good fun, and the fish definitely clean your feet. it's also very soothing.

Awesome thanks dude :)
    Nothing to do with courage tut old boy :)

It's got a lot to do with courage, especially for the first meetup, trust me enough people have told me how nervous they were (understandably)

Some folks like leaving the internet on the internet.

Fair enough old boy :P

Add to that the 3 to 4 absolute and utter t0ssers (from their persona on here) that seem to go to many of the Cork meetups and it doesn't seem like an attractive evening out to me smile.gif

From my experience it is very rare for a real life tosser to turn up to a meetup and in my experience I have only met 2 :( neither of them post these days phew!!!

Many of the folks who attend the meet ups don't even post regularly on boards.ie aside from in the meet up threads, something a tad strange there me thinks.

I have no clue where you get your information from seeing as you have not been to a meet up :eek: but I can tell you that 95% of the people that went to the meetups that I organised were regular posters. Who has been telling you porky pies ;)

[/QUOTE]

Back to the thread getting quiet, it's very clear to anyone who used to post on it regularly when and why it actually got quiet.

Is it? I'm clueless to be honest....my guess is the warm weather?? but I could be wrong :o
    nothing to do with Tut not posting so :eek:

Ha ha you didn't really believe that did you :D
    NoDice wrote: »

I regularly post imo and I have no idea why it's become so quiet! :( Did I do or say something?? :o:confused:

Aww no of course not, you are perfect after all!
    Yep, all your fault :P

Get a room you two :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Take it you were listening to A-Punk then. I looked for them on you tube and that was the first song that came up. I could hear the Ramones influence in that. I heard it before but didn't know who sang it. A sign I'm getting old. :pac:

While we're on the subject of music I was supposed to find this for MC Pinky. ;)

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    You're positive?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Tell you what, I'll go with you RJ, and we'll just punch the tossers. Deal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yep

thanks

anyone looking forward to Dine in Cork week?

:pac:
    anyone looking forward to Dine in Cork week?

Is that coming around again so soon, what are the dates?

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    Is that coming around again so soon, what are the dates?

I think it's about every 6 months.
    29th April to the 8th May.

I think it's about every 6 months.
    29th April to the 8th May.

I thought it was once a year, the Fenns Quay menu sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Yes dine in cork is back. Was gonna post tomorrow bout going. Who up for it? Regarding people who don't post going to meet ups. Yes that is true lately. Kinda coming to be honest. I don't post all the time because i talk too much in real life without doing it on the net too. But at least people would recognise my name. I hope. Met some people that i never heard of.:o

/edit: oops. new page.
    re Fenn's Quay - it does indeed sound good. I think Marina and I are most keen to try Greene's this year, or maybe Jacobs, when we see the menu.

We went to Jacobs the first year, it was very good.

When were you thinking of Cadyboo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

We went to Jacobs the first year, it was very good.

When were you thinking of Cadyboo?

Same as yourself. We skipped it last time for that horrible place. What date you thinking? Can't do the fifth.

where are ye thinking of going?

and where was the horrible place?

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Same as yourself. We skipped it last time for that horrible place. What date you thinking? Can't do the fifth.

Depending on whether you want to go weekend or midweek, anytime from the 29th to the 3rd would suit me.
    where are ye thinking of going?

and where was the horrible place?

Jacques was the place. Cadyboo got quail, which she wasn't keen on. I thought the food was good but I wouldn't be in a rush to go back there.

We'll set a date first then see where we can get in.

Jacques was the place.

Was there once, had a fabulous steak, staff were a bit poker faced though. Not a great dining ambiance but nice nosh I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

lol :D
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Yes dine in cork is back. Was gonna post tomorrow bout going. Who up for it? Regarding

I'd love it if I was around but doubt I will be :( missed it the last time also and I know you all had a great time from what I hear, I even saw the video :P

• Advertisement

Jacques was the place. Cadyboo got quail, which she wasn't keen on. I thought the food was good but I wouldn't be in a rush to go back there.

We'll set a date first then see where we can get in.

cool - I'd be on for trying more than one place, so if you guys post up where and when you're going ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Fenn's Quay looks great and I would love to try Greene's. I really like that the restaurants do this every now and then :)

Was there once, had a fabulous steak, staff were a bit poker faced though. Not a great dining ambiance but nice nosh I thought.

Yeah, sounds like the same situation we had.
    cool - I'd be on for trying more than one place, so if you guys post up where and when you're going ...
    jujibee wrote: »
    Fenn's Quay looks great and I would love to try Greene's. I really like that the restaurants do this every now and then :)

Sounds like Greenes is a popular choice, what days would suit you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey Everyone :)

If it's tomorrow I may be around :)

Hey Webmonkey, the Dine in Cork isn't till next Friday at the earliest.

Awww feck it ha.

How's everyone doing here!

I'm good anyway, it's to nice a day to spend at home. Time to go to the pub. :D How are things?

I'm good anyway, it's to nice a day to spend at home. Time to go to the pub. :D How are things?
    Good good. Yeah the weather is amazing here. Might try the pub now tomorrow!

Ah I'm good now, nice to be relaxing here at home for a change.

No work this weekend then?

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hey Everyone :)

If it's tomorrow I may be around :)

hey!

if you're in Cork tomorrow let us know - I'm sure we could manage a pint or something :)

• Advertisement

hey!

if you're in Cork tomorrow let us know - I'm sure we could manage a pint or something :)
    Cheers! I'll be going up tomorrow as there's something organised for friends but maybe if ye around for early evening pint or 2, I'd be up for that. Be nice to catch up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement